AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2013-11-13, 17:49   Link #701
Leafsnail

Spoiler:
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 22:03   Link #702
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2013-11-13, 22:20   Link #703
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Actually his name is...
Spoiler:
As for the remainder of the 1996 stuff, yes, it's meant to be ambiguous. I do intend that it be basically narrowed down to one of two outcomes, and that's basically a thematic question based on what was raised by Andromalius in that last conversation before the Tea Parties. Which impression you trust will lead naturally into something basically like one of the two intended outcomes. You've actually already hit upon one.

Walter's identity is also ambiguous, although it might be more (or less) ambiguous if I ever do that second TIP that was supposed to accompany the "complete" version of Redaction (the one with TIPS pages, character profiles, a functional unlock and chapter jump system, etc.). Again, it's one of those things that does have an answer but not an answer I was explicitly trying to give. Who Walter is isn't as relevant to this story as to others I'd probably never actually do, so it's one of those "saving for the sequel" things except there may never be one.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 18:17   Link #704
Leafsnail

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-30, 17:20   Link #705
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Been rather delinquent on updating the Erika game, but I'm mostly bogged down in UI stuff (which is also supposed to be used in Redaction's nebulous "final" release). I wanted to run some stuff by folks and get a general sense of what looks best.
Spoiler:
At first I was just messing around with different options for displaying direction in the menus. The bottom option represents the way it presently is, an allcaps cardinal direction for any action that involves movement. I considered abbreviating it (as NORTHWEST uses a lot of button real estate), coloring it for clarity, and so forth, but none of them looked quite right. I also added the red (!) as a sort of indicator of any action that will take time, as I've decided I'd rather not explicitly tell the player how long a time-consuming action may take.
Spoiler:
Shortly thereafter I tried using unicode arrows to represent the directions, but I was wary of this because it's sometimes hard to mentally correspond one to the other. I like the idea of organizing the "takes time" and "movement" icons together at the start (or possibly end?) of a line, but the colors still aren't right.

So then I remembered Ren'py can do inline images in text, and...
Spoiler:
I like the icons. They're clean, they explain their function (especially fond of the clock), and they draw the eye in case you're just looking for your options while not taking up a lot of screen space.

I'm thinking of going with this last idea, but I wanted to see if anybody thought it was more intuitive some other way.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 18:13   Link #706
Golden Bug-Hunter

I really like the idea of using icons in general, but I think those particular icons could do with more of an Umineko-fication (?) to be a bit more stylized.

Especially the clock. I mean the clock in the lower right corner is such a repeatedly used image for any time there's a time passge in the main game, Maybe that can be pulled out and scaled down without losing recognizability?
Golden Bug-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 21:46   Link #707
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I think the last option would be the best. The icons are fine as they are, but if an Umineko-themed set as Golden Bug-Hunter suggests is possible, that might be even better.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 04:42   Link #708
Drifloon

Sheesh, stop reading my mind Renall. After I saw the first image I thought "maybe you could use arrows?" and then when I saw the second image I was thinking "some kind of clock icon would be more appropriate than that exclamation mark"...Spooky.

But yeah, I think that last screenshot looks pretty good. The only improvement I could suggest for the direction indication would be to arrange the movement options in a circle and have them pointing in the appropriate direction, but that's probably way too complicated to code. What you have now is perfectly fit for purpose.

Oh right, and it also might be nice if you could arrange it so that the options don't cover up Erika's sprite so much, but again it's hardly that important.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 02:51   Link #709
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

http://www.dlsite.com/eng/work/=/pro.../RE122472.html

It's about time somebody made this crossover
Too bad it's only in Japanese... I highly doubt this will ever see an English translation Looks really good though.

Last edited by DaBackpack; 2014-01-02 at 03:08.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 11:11   Link #710
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Actually, there was "Turnabout Seagulls", except that was never written past the prologue.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 02:29   Link #711
UmiLion
Witch Of Love

Hey guys! I just finished Umineko Chiru (Umitweak) and some fan vn's and thought I would give it a shot! So I decided to create my fan game using Ren'py.

I'm going to be using the PS3 Alchemist sprites for this fan game/project that I am going to create. I'm not going to be able to use Onscripter because I already started using Ren'py and i forgot most of the codes in Onscripter. I'm sure that there is going to be some parts that are etchy because I'm not that good at creating fan games. I hope you can enjoy my game.
Here are some pictures!

Spoiler for SPOILER:

Spoiler for SPOILER:

Spoiler for SPOILER:

I hope you like it! Please tell me what you think!!
UmiLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 08:12   Link #712
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I'll look forward to playing it, UmiLion! It looks promising, based on those screencaps. Have you got a synopsis for the plot ready yet, or is it too early to say?

And that reminds me, I need to go and attempt to download Total Seacat Island (another person's fan game) now that I've got access to a bit torrent thing.

My own fan game has been going slowly, but my activity's picked up lately now that I'm making progress on maps and now that I've finally got a graphics tablet. For all that I was saying I could make do without extra sprites, I still really wanted some, and now that I can draw them it's encouraging.
Old 2014-01-12, 14:28   Link #713
battle22

Can't believe someone still remembers Total Seacat Island. I've put it on hiatus and most of the links are pretty much gone. I think I had a bit too much fun with it, it got too ridiculous XD

And some really hurtful "criticisms" have been made about it, which discouraged me a lot as well.

I don't know what its future is going to be, but I feel legitimately happy that you remember.
Old 2014-01-13, 04:13   Link #714
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Can't believe someone still remembers Total Seacat Island. I've put it on hiatus and most of the links are pretty much gone. I think I had a bit too much fun with it, it got too ridiculous XD

And some really hurtful "criticisms" have been made about it, which discouraged me a lot as well.

I don't know what its future is going to be, but I feel legitimately happy that you remember.
I've been wanting to play it for ages, but assorted things just kept getting in the way. I initially tried the direct download not too long after the game came out, but then I worried about my bandwidth. Then there weren't any direct downloads and I was stymied because I don't use bit torrent. Then I just got a browser with built in bit torrent and decide to try it, and now I've just realised that there actually is a direct download available. So I'm trying the direct download now and I hope to play the game by the end of the week...unless my bandwidth conks out while trying to download it.

I'm sure it'll be a fun game (ridiculousness is not a negative!), and I'm looking forward to it, even if the ending of it is uncertain.
Old 2014-01-31, 13:21   Link #715
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

And now that I've finished playing Total Seacat Island, I really ought to review it. It was a fun, entertaining game. Thanks for making it, Battle22! I'll certainly continue to read it if it gets continued/re-made.

Spoiler for Total Seacat Island up to ep 5:
Old 2014-02-01, 10:09   Link #716
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
And now that I've finished playing Total Seacat Island, I really ought to review it. It was a fun, entertaining game. Thanks for making it, Battle22! I'll certainly continue to read it if it gets continued/re-made.

Spoiler for Total Seacat Island up to ep 5:
I'm very glad someone noticed these CGs (you must actually be the first person to comment on them)

It was planned for every episode after EP4 to have at least one custom CG (which never really happened because, obviously, the whole project was discontinued). Since you liked them, here's some other CGs that were made for episodes 5, 6 and 7 which unfortunately never saw the light of day:

Spoiler for CGs:

P.S: There may be some minor spoilers in these but... I don't know if it really matters at this point.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 06:28   Link #717
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
I'm very glad someone noticed these CGs (you must actually be the first person to comment on them)

It was planned for every episode after EP4 to have at least one custom CG (which never really happened because, obviously, the whole project was discontinued). Since you liked them, here's some other CGs that were made for episodes 5, 6 and 7 which unfortunately never saw the light of day:

Spoiler for CGs:
Thanks for posting those, they look great! I'll leave the context up to my imagination (interesting outfit, Hideyoshi...). I'm surprised that you hadn't had any comments about the CGs before.
Old 2014-02-02, 18:21   Link #718
VonDoom

Well, first post after registering here (though I've followed this particular board quite a bit), but I must say that I've greatly enjoyed the fan forgeries and theories published here -- so far I had my fun with Witches and Woodlands and 'When the Seacats Cry', but I also fully intend to play through Total Seacat Island (and look forward to the Erika game!).

I saw someone had trouble getting the files. I think that's been resolved now, but I'm seeding them for awhile now anyway, just to make sure. It took me quite awhile to complete the torrent as well.
VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 21:02   Link #719
Thunder Book
Endless Member

So a new Redaction TIP is on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tu7R_b9q6Q
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 18:01   Link #720
Leafsnail

That was certainly interesting. I may be on completely the wrong track but I think I get Redaction a lot more now.

Spoiler: