AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-27, 10:41   Link #3241
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I got another question about the origin bullets. Does it have to be his bones? So I'm assuming bones manifest your origin the most? It can't be hair or blood?

Also does it mean that maybe 2 separate beings incarnated into one in Kiritsugu's case? Since he's got 2 origins.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 14:53   Link #3242
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
I think bones were used because they were the easiest material to turn into a bullet that wouldn't decay over time. Theoretically any part of his body should be able to realize the origin, but when putting it into a bullet, it has to be something that wont decay over a long period of time and something that wont burn up once the bullet is fired.

As far as being two seperate beings, I think what is more likely to have happened is that he really has one origin that consists of both Severing AND Binding, so while it is dual-natured, it is really a single core concept. Granted, thats just speculation on my part.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 16:56   Link #3243
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I got another question about the origin bullets. Does it have to be his bones? So I'm assuming bones manifest your origin the most? It can't be hair or blood?

Also does it mean that maybe 2 separate beings incarnated into one in Kiritsugu's case? Since he's got 2 origins.
He has one origin, it just consists of two things which are part of a whole. Rin's origin consists of five things, after all (the five elements)
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 17:36   Link #3244
TwilightsCall

^ Thats not her Origin, just her Elemental Affinity.
Old 2011-11-27, 17:45   Link #3245
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
As for the other servants, it’s not that clear what they truly wanted from the grail, but considering that most of them died horribly in regrets, it’s not a stretch to assume that they wanted to fix or redo something that is wrong in their previous lifes. Some fine examples would be Night's Rider, Berserker, and Zero Berserker
Fate/Stay Night's Rider just wanted to protect Sakura, actually.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 16:05   Link #3246
chaos_alfa

Spoiler for Zero Lancer's geis:

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2011-12-06 at 10:57.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 23:49   Link #3247
Shadow5YA

Question about the Command Seals. Do you lose your servant if you use all three of your seals, or is it just coincidence?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 00:00   Link #3248
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Question about the Command Seals. Do you lose your servant if you use all three of your seals, or is it just coincidence?
As long as I can remember, if you use all of your Command Seals, then the master's 'contract' with the servant is ended. You may find more details about it from Type-moon Wikia. If there are some other posters who want to add the details about this, you're welcomed.
Old 2011-12-06, 15:50   Link #3249
Theorder14

I have a q about saber and kirei, how come saber didn't recogonize kirei in f/sn?
she didn't met him but rin mentioned his name in ubw movie. did she simply forget or did she not care cus she thought he wasn't a master anymore?
Theorder14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 16:19   Link #3250
TwilightsCall

Saber actually did go out of her way to avoid meeting Kirei in F/SN if you remember the beginning, before it splits off into the three different arcs. When Rin takes Shirou to the church, Saber specifically says she doesn't like the place, and decides to wait outside. I think she also mentioned she had doubts about Kotomine, but I doubt she thought to take much more precautions then that since its pretty unlikely to be selected as a master two wars in a row (and to be fair, he wasn't lol)
Old 2011-12-06, 16:32   Link #3251
Theorder14

meh, she rly should've been more catious
i guess she didn't know kirei very much in f/z then.

but wasn't kirei selected as master of lancer in the fifth war?
he even had commando seals.
Old 2011-12-06, 16:58   Link #3252
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorder14 View Post
meh, she rly should've been more catious
i guess she didn't know kirei very much in f/z then.

but wasn't kirei selected as master of lancer in the fifth war?
he even had commando seals.
Kirei took out Lancer's original master and took over as Lancer's master. You need to check out Fate/Hollow Ataraxia to find out more.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:17   Link #3253
Vicious108

Quote:
I have a q about saber and kirei, how come saber didn't recogonize kirei in f/sn?
she didn't met him but rin mentioned his name in ubw movie. did she simply forget or did she not care cus she thought he wasn't a master anymore?
I'm assuming you've only watched the anime versions of F/SN then, because Saber totally remembers Kotomine in the Visual Novel and the two do meet when the latter goes to pay Shirou a visit at the Emiya Household. It's actually a pretty amusing scene as well as an awesome Kotomine moment, who tells Shirou he's reluctant to step into the house out of concern for Saber's hostility towards him. She then rants about Kotomine's evil deeds in the previous Holy Grail War, to which he responds something akin to "Calm down please. I know for you it feels like it's only been a few days, but please try and remember that 10 years have passed since for the rest of us." Classic Kotomine.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 02:04   Link #3254
Theorder14

lol, i see.
and like u said i have only seen the anime versions of f/sn and read the light novel of f/z
will definitely check the visual novel and fate/hollow
Thx
Old 2011-12-07, 07:17   Link #3255
chaos_alfa

Quote:
lol, i see.
and like u said i have only seen the anime versions of f/sn and read the light novel of f/z
will definitely check the visual novel and fate/hollow
Thx
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is only partially translated right now. We still have to wait sometime before we can read it in its entirty

Here are my questions again:

- Why did Diarmuid accept Gráinne's geis?
- Did he fell in love with Gráinne (on first sight)?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 15:36   Link #3256
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
As long as I can remember, if you use all of your Command Seals, then the master's 'contract' with the servant is ended. You may find more details about it from Type-moon Wikia. If there are some other posters who want to add the details about this, you're welcomed.
No, if you lose your command spells, the contract with the servant still remains, you just have no control over them.

Spoiler for HF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I'm assuming you've only watched the anime versions of F/SN then, because Saber totally remembers Kotomine in the Visual Novel and the two do meet when the latter goes to pay Shirou a visit at the Emiya Household. It's actually a pretty amusing scene as well as an awesome Kotomine moment, who tells Shirou he's reluctant to step into the house out of concern for Saber's hostility towards him. She then rants about Kotomine's evil deeds in the previous Holy Grail War, to which he responds something akin to "Calm down please. I know for you it feels like it's only been a few days, but please try and remember that 10 years have passed since for the rest of us." Classic Kotomine.
Eh, what? I don't remember this....

Where did it happen? And in which route?
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 15:50   Link #3257
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Where did it happen? And in which route?
This was Bad End 12 of the Fate Route - Day 15
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:37   Link #3258
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This was Bad End 12 of the Fate Route - Day 15
There are so many extra little tidbits in the bad ends. Usually you want to avoid game overs, haha.
Old 2011-12-09, 03:50   Link #3259
Xion Valkyrie

Why doesn't Matou Zouken fight in the Grail War himself? He'd have a significant advantage over the other magi due to his experience as well as his magic abilities.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 05:25   Link #3260
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Why doesn't Matou Zouken fight in the Grail War himself? He'd have a significant advantage over the other magi due to his experience as well as his magic abilities.
I'm guessing it's because he's too old or something? Though i know that reasoning is flawed since he's a experienced and strong magi as u all have pointed out..

Or he could be scared of dying should he participate in the war HIMSELF putting his life at risk since in the Holy Grail its kill or be killed.

Spoiler for Regarding Zoken & Kirei:

I'm only blind-guessing. But i feel it's cuz he's just afraid to put his own ass on the line. That'd explain why he is willing to spend years grooming a new Mato successor to win the Holy Grail for him. Better his puppet than him.
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote