AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 09:42   Link #41
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 02 - Rinne no Nissan Prius

I will give the show this. While Xros Wars took some time for Akari to be more than support, Rinne is chosen as a second hero almost immediately. Though she's not very fond of the idea. That there's two heroines this season who ride around on rollerskates is pretty cool, though. It's not one of those character traits you see very often. Prius is definitely a mecha that inherits a lot of the feminine traits of its pilot, from its build and motion to its weapon (a giant needle). But it's still pretty awesome.

Other little tidbits I realized in this episode are that Kakeru and his mother both have Marina Inoue's voice. Also, all of this was foretold by a giant Rosetta Stone like thing that was able to guess everything, down to the names of the main characters. That's oddly specific. I'll work with this and see where it's going.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 19:20   Link #42
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 2

Yeah, I definitely like this show. Gonna keep watching it as long as it stays entertaining. It's a kids show but so fun. It reminds me of the old Sunrise shows I used to watch, which were also similar in tone. While the main character is a boy, the girl is not pushover or damsel in distress either. She has her own hopes and dreams, she's more mature, and can hold her own in a robot battle. The direction is enjoyable, I like the characters, and it's fun to watch a show which isn't ashamed to be a well produced toy/game tie-in once in a while. This episode introduced the actual card battle mechanics too. So shameless. So fun.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 19:49   Link #43
SQA

This is one of those weird series. You have an obvious "sell toys to kids series" matched up a quality writer/series comp & a solid directing staff. So it's a fun question of what the staff can do inside the constraints that are placed upon them.

And episode 1 left me thoroughly entertained. Though all of the CG cars was fun, as well. Evil CRZ's was a nice touch.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 20:01   Link #44
Midonin
Last Engage

I'll admit, one of those transforming Liebirds is looking pretty sweet. It's not super expensive, and it's less of a commitment than buying the cards and the Gyro Commander. Plus, it's a robot.
Old 2012-10-12, 07:49   Link #45
videoman190

The subs are out for ep1 and here's the 8bit version of the theme song.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 10:25   Link #46
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Saw the first episode and it brought back so many vibes from my childhood. Definitely sticking with this.

Also, OMG that ending. Oh A-1, how you amuse me.
Old 2012-10-12, 18:56   Link #47
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Gyrozetter 02 - Rinne no Nissan Prius

I will give the show this. While Xros Wars took some time for Akari to be more than support, Rinne is chosen as a second hero almost immediately. Though she's not very fond of the idea. That there's two heroines this season who ride around on rollerskates is pretty cool, though. It's not one of those character traits you see very often. Prius is definitely a mecha that inherits a lot of the feminine traits of its pilot, from its build and motion to its weapon (a giant needle). But it's still pretty awesome.
Cool. Nice for a change.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 19:15   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well not bad so far. Bit mixed feelings on it, but it certainly should be flashy and really it's not like we've got a lot of mecha series going on right now.
Old 2012-10-12, 21:18   Link #49
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Just watched this and who would let a loli drive
Old 2012-10-13, 17:37   Link #50
lightbringer
M9000

I have only one thing to say: GT-R!

That was awesome to see in an anime. I hope that blue GT-R transforms. Doesn't seem to be the case though. And this also shows how taxpayer money is being spent by defense organizations: on buying shiny cars to drive around the campus. Almost like in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Just watched this and who would let a loli drive
None of these kids would be allowed to drive in real life of course, since (a) some are simply too short to reach the pedals and/or see the road properly and (b) their sense of responsibility/accountability is not properly developed yet. But it's no weirder than giving a state-of-the-art highly-lethal superweapon to a 12-year old, which seems to happen regularly (at least in anime).
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 12:02   Link #51
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
This is one of those weird series. You have an obvious "sell toys to kids series" matched up a quality writer/series comp & a solid directing staff. So it's a fun question of what the staff can do inside the constraints that are placed upon them.
Yeah. This should be pretty entertaining.
Old 2012-10-16, 08:07   Link #52
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 3

There's a dip in quality this week. The episode feels a bit like filler, with the story barely moving forward, and some padded out hi-jinx instead. There were some fun moments, but it got draggy by the end. I guess such is expected of a long kids series. But next week should be pretty fun! We're going to have a RACING BATTLE between comrades!
Old 2012-10-16, 09:25   Link #53
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 03 - Now Where's the Kabuto Car?

Within the first two episodes, Akana's gotten a lot of attention from the fanart community, for various reasons. The first appearance of a non-mass produced kind of enemy robot is a good milestone (plus, it's getting a toy), and the Gyro Commander continues be shilled as heavily as anything else. It's been pretty obvious since all the promotional material that Shunsuke would be the third Driver, and Rinne once again was the only one catching onto the fact that Kakeru was reading the wrong thing from the Stone. Shunsuke does look to fit the "cool guy" archetype, the foil to the hotblooded hero, but he's also voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka - seeing the voice of Kirito in this context should prove amusing, at least.
Old 2012-10-18, 13:20   Link #54
DangerMouse

Still waiting for some subs. Hopefully they'll be out for eps 2-3 relatively soon so I can watch these two eps also.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:53   Link #55
Kitsu Breaker

Nobody post this yet?
Donīt mind
Spoiler for size:

And some nice extras
Spoiler for size:

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 16:25   Link #56
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
Nobody post this yet?
Donīt mind
Spoiler for size:

And some nice extras
Spoiler for size:
Nicely done, thanks
Old 2012-10-23, 09:36   Link #57
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 04 - Sword Car Online

Zenon had a pretty small role to play this week. Only a single grunt car sent out, so effortlessly able to be displaced that Kirito Shunsuke made short work of it with a single slash. Though he almost didn't become a Gyrozetter driver until the very end. Guy's just not very big on being the hero. I don't think transforming into a robot when crossing the finish line is allowed, but the race was more about Kakeru and Shunsuke trying to prove that each one of them was worthy to the other. My favorite part of the episode was that they didn't get very much intel on the race at all - but they did get plenty of fanservice shots. (As fanservicey as one can get for a show in this time slot.) Rui and the power of race queens are stronger than anything else.
Old 2012-10-23, 09:53   Link #58
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 4

This feels like another week of drawn out filler content. Shunsuke's introduction is pretty draggy, and I think the most annoying part is how boring the enemy designs have been. This week we get a bad CG race, the female support crew all in race queen outfits, and most rival drama between Kakeru and Shunsuke! It's mostly silly, definitely a kid's cartoon, but still kinda fun. The pace definitely needs to pick up soon though, or I'll get bored. At least next week it looks like we'll be seeing a new enemy robot design! Hope it has cool attacks, lol.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:45   Link #59
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Need moar race queens...

I came for Akana - I'm getting Akana - therefore I am happy.
Old 2012-10-30, 09:32   Link #60
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 05 - 道

Training! Vacation! Cats! Once again, the show has a neat design aesthetic for its toys. The Gyro Arc transporter jet isn't bad looking. That the episode's first shot of Akana is on her cleavage isn't bad either. Nor was the hot spring scene. For the most part, I've been okay with the way this show is treating its characters, but there is something I was curious about on the training course. Only Kakeru and Shunsuke were practicing with their Gyrozetters. Rinne has one, too, and she is a chosen driver. Girl or not, she should be honing her skills as much as those two. The opening makes it look like Rinne's role won't be completely sidelined, so I'm holding out hope. And there's the other beetle mecha - Eraser-01, who looks to be the evil version of Kakeru. Another cliffhanger ending - they're targeting the school, too.

Thankfully, Rinne and Michi get a chance to ride again next week. After the cat spy messed everything up, letting Michi have a chance to save the day sounds like it's coming at the right time.

Tags
a-1, square_enix