AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-28, 20:29   Link #221
Keen

All I'm going to say about ep13 is that it was a fitting ending.
Old 2003-12-28, 22:03   Link #222
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

What a great ending - I laughed the whole way through (the attack of the futoi otaku floored me ) The ending certainly seems to leave things open for more shows if they choose to do 'em, and I'd love to see another season.

As usual HnK did a great job with what had to be a challenging series (with all those cultural references and puns) - thanks for bringing it to us!
Old 2003-12-28, 22:13   Link #223
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Not only was the ending good, but I really liked the ending theme too. It sounded very nice with all four of them singing the song...

*edit*
Review up, for those of you that are interested...

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2003-12-29 at 00:16.
Old 2003-12-29, 00:40   Link #224
Fronzel
Schmuck

Er….that’s it?

Some nice moments, such as uni-fairy getting sidetracked (though I wonder why Kururu was archeology and why Hororo didn't get one. “Excuse me, would you be interested in eating everything in sight and being totally daft?”), it was nice to see Sensei-san and Tama in an ED pic (with a good song to boot), and it does easily set up a second season, which I would expect to be good, but….

I expected the end to be something like the fairies melding together inside Human Girl, their separate forms being metaphors for differant facets of a human’s personality, and they (or rather, she) learning to live as a human and…stuff!

It would preclude a second season, but it would add a nice light dusting of drama and emotion to the series. I like it when even series like this take themselves seriously in the end a bit (or else explode in madness). As it is, it was kind a cop-out. Bler.
Old 2003-12-29, 01:12   Link #225
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

I agree with Fonzel.
Old 2003-12-29, 01:42   Link #226
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Just finished ep 13... and I... um... well, it wasn't my favorite episode. The ending song and images were absolutely fabu though.

The fusion thing really was a big change for an anime with only one episode left, unless Hororo's "next time" remark really does portend a second season. If not, I'm going to miss them.

Props to HnK, probably the best fansubbing job I've seen so far. The color subtitles were great and the cultural notes were mighty helpful. And heck, the good StarCreator and Jasconius visited this forum plenty of times to answer questions. ^_^ Anime at it's finest.

-k
Old 2003-12-29, 02:00   Link #227
Andesuton
may equivalent to Ph.D.

I found Sensei-san is an associate(?) professor of the University of Tokyo. He must be obtained the Nobel Prize by "Discussion on the Evolution to the Human Being of Fairies".
Old 2003-12-29, 04:37   Link #228
Jasconius
HnK Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Jasconius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Just finished ep 13... and I... um... well, it wasn't my favorite episode. The ending song and images were absolutely fabu though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Some nice moments, such as uni-fairy getting sidetracked (though I wonder why Kururu was archeology and why Hororo didn't get one. “Excuse me, would you be interested in eating everything in sight and being totally daft?”), it was nice to see Sensei-san and Tama in an ED pic (with a good song to boot), and it does easily set up a second season, which I would expect to be good, but….
I totally agree. I was really sad to see such a boring ending to the series. ANYTHING where schizo-fairy had stayed that way in the end would have been better than the simple "oops, back to normal" ending. Not that Bottle Fairy needed a conclusive ending or anything, but it was silly just to throw that in at the end. Just finishing out a day as a combined human girl would have made a great last episode. Oh well, the last quarter of one episode isn't going to stop this from being one of my favorite series of the year. ^^

BTW, when the fairies started to transform back when they started crying, I immediately thought of those stories from the Pet Shop of Horrors manga - something like that would have been fun too. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Props to HnK, probably the best fansubbing job I've seen so far. The color subtitles were great and the cultural notes were mighty helpful. And heck, the good StarCreator and Jasconius visited this forum plenty of times to answer questions. ^_^ Anime at it's finest.
We're happy a lot of people enjoyed this anime, and I was glad to hear all the comments and feedback about the notes and everything. Hope to see a lot of you again the next time a good series pops up in Japan.

- Jasc

P.S. The rumors about a season two are totally unsubstantiated. I wouldn't pay attention to a thing in that thread. You never know what the future may hold for Bottle Fairy, but I really wish rumors like that weren't posted, as they tend to get out of hand quickly. There's no credible information of any second season for Bottle Fairy at this time.
Old 2003-12-29, 05:01   Link #229
Fronzel
Schmuck

It'd be pretty sad if we didn't get one after that clunker of an ending!

Why'd they turn back, anyway? They cried over something stupid, and poof!
Old 2003-12-29, 09:50   Link #230
SoupForInsanity
Kawaiiiiii

Send a message via AIM to SoupForInsanity Send a message via MSN to SoupForInsanity
My theory on why the fairies turned back into fairies- At the end of the day, where would the unihuman sleep? Not on Sensei-san's desk I hope.....
Ah, well I liked the "We left Oboro-chan at school!!!!" thing.
Thanks again HnK!!!
Old 2003-12-29, 14:34   Link #231
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Gee you people are harsh - this isn't "grave of the fireflies" here! The episode was fun and light-hearted which is all I really want from a show like this. You just aren't going to get Kanon type ending out of 10 minutes of showtime.

Besides, right off the bat they didn't want to become a *single* human, but they couldn't transform back - so all in all, it's a good thing the spell broke.

Looks like the creator's website features the combo-fairy-girl a couple of places too. I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up again if there's another season. Maybe she's a kind of "practice" human - it would be kind of neat if in the next stage of their lessons, the faries could combine into her once in awhile for first-hand human experiences. Viewers would then have the best of both worlds.

P.S. I don't think there's any actual rumors of a second season other than the show seemed to set itself up for one. I've seen it happen with endings like this, but of course it depends on how popular the show was too.
Old 2003-12-29, 17:46   Link #232
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I've heard it was perty popular.

But either way, I'm really dying to see a second season and I'll watch it in a heartbeat if they'll make one.

Heck, I'll settle for a 1 hour OVA if that's all they wanna do in the meantime.
Old 2003-12-30, 02:09   Link #233
Rebochan
Clubbing

I thought it was a cute little ending, even with them splitting up again. The various personalities kept on conflicting in the one body anyway - how could all the girls be happy when they could only do one thing at a time?

I got a kick out of seeing the girls interact with the human world, even if it was only for a short while. Not an all-out ending to end all endings, but still pretty good - it kept up the rather genki, light-hearted feel of the entire series.

*sniffle* Now I don't have Bottle Fairy to look forward to anymore...KAMI-SAMA, give us a new season!
Old 2003-12-30, 12:22   Link #234
abubo

Thumbs up

Just finished #13 with the wife... and I'd say we love it!

*spoiler galora*

a few thoughts...

1. The girls are so cute but kinda scary when they're one person.. talk about split personality! With changing eye colors no less

2. Now we know why sensei-san is called sensei-san. My best guess is that he's a doctoral student and not an actual professor. But he does teach classes as a TA slave I'm sure. It's kinda funny that the BF's didn't even know his name after living in his house for over a year!

3. Why didn't Hororo get her own club? Any sort of cooking or food club would be great! And why would Kururu be interested in paleontology? But Chiriri as idol-san... yeah! She's born to be an idol!

4. It's facinating to see a college in this type of anime; you would think that a high school would be a much more conventional setting, but Daigaku? I guess the fairies are over 18 for sure then.

5. Tama-chan and Sensei-san in the ED! Tama finally get her props! Lovely finale song.

6. I love the ending. The girls should not be one person... it was an gag and I thought the play on the girls' multiple personality was very original. But they had to be their own person! This setup for a second season for sure, as I'm suspecting the Fairies is going to become a merchandizing monster in Japan soon.
Old 2003-12-30, 14:33   Link #235
Fronzel
Schmuck

Isn't he Sensei-san becuase he's their sensei and they don't realize that it doesn't need the extra honorific? It's "cute."
Old 2003-12-30, 14:54   Link #236
abubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Isn't he Sensei-san becuase he's their sensei and they don't realize that it doesn't need the extra honorific? It's "cute."
Yeah it's cute, but also it explain that he's called sensei maybe not because he's supposed to be a teacher to them, but that he is in reality a teacher. Thus the lack of actual teaching the fairies anything much at all.

I think we're all reading way too much into this.
Old 2003-12-30, 16:08   Link #237
SoupForInsanity
Kawaiiiiii

Send a message via AIM to SoupForInsanity Send a message via MSN to SoupForInsanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by abubo
Yeah it's cute, but also it explain that he's called sensei maybe not because he's supposed to be a teacher to them, but that he is in reality a teacher. Thus the lack of actual teaching the fairies anything much at all.

yeah but..... I don't know if I agree. I mean.. when he first met the fairies why would they call him sensei-san if they most likely didn't even know he was a teacher. Think about it- the fairies didn't even know what a school was.
Also- are you sure that sensei-san isn't just a student??? From the previous episodes when the fairies talked about school, exams, etc. it seemed to me (and because of his little book bag) that he was just a student.
Jus' because he was wearing a lab coat thing doesn't mean he was a teacher or anything... could be he was doing schoolwork in a lab or something.....
Old 2003-12-30, 16:51   Link #238
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubo

This is what scares me. The faries only know him by the name "sensei", and yet they don't even know what the word really means. Ergo, he must of introduced himself to them only as "sensei". What horrible sociological experiments has he been planning for these faries?! Bottles? Nay - I say - Skinner boxes!

...or is it a darker lesson Sensei-san has in store for our little sprites? Could he be exploiting a fairy's innate desire to become human to raise the poor unsuspecting yousei for the despicable fairy sex slavery trade? Maybe this be why he never actually teaches them the ways of the world - he prefers keeping them ignorant and dependent on him for their every need.
Old 2003-12-30, 17:32   Link #239
Tensai_kamen
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocariSweat
This is what scares me. The faries only know him by the name "sensei", and yet they don't even know what the word really means. Ergo, he must of introduced himself to them only as "sensei". What horrible sociological experiments has he been planning for these faries?! Bottles? Nay - I say - Skinner boxes!

...or is it a darker lesson Sensei-san has in store for our little sprites? Could he be exploiting a fairy's innate desire to become human to raise the poor unsuspecting yousei for the despicable fairy sex slavery trade? Maybe this be why he never actually teaches them the ways of the world - he prefers keeping them ignorant and dependent on him for their every need.
I think you just describe a perfect story for an H anime. Although i prefer something like this never happen to those cute innocent fairies.
Old 2004-01-04, 15:56   Link #240
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Pocari-brutha, you need to watch some more Miyazaki.

Put DOWN the Urotsukidouji and think clean, happy thoughts.

Well, mostly clean. The BF swimsuit episode was a bit too moe~~~~
Plus the college guys chasing down the combofairy in Chriri mode kinda said something about the target audience.

-k
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen