Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 12:02   Link #2901
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
that's basically the core of our team. we don't have the depth to adequately cover for all of them if they're injured. depth would be like Chelski, where they can have internationals on their bench.
The Gunners' season would now be looking totally different if players were healthy, but you just can't bank on good fortune. If Wenger doesn't bring in adequate depth this summer, Arsenal fans will most likely be lamenting on "injuries" and a "lack of depth" again this time of the year next season.

I wonder if Fabregas will be leaving. There's really nothing to hold him back at the Emirates. The last few seasons have all started brightly, but have all ended with nothing but bitter disappointment. How can one refuse when offered a place in midfield alongside Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi? Although a tough loss for Arsenal and the EPL, he deserves better, and Barcelona just might suit him.
ElvenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 12:29   Link #2902
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

I doubt Fabregas would get the first choice position in Midfield and play every game he would want like he can now at Arsenal if he moved to Barca.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 14:31   Link #2903
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, he wouldn't get into the midfield at Barca. whereas at Arsenal he dictates the show. plus he's on contract through 2013, so you can bet that Arsenal will fight to keep him.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 14:56   Link #2904
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Talk rubbish much? Man Utd were all over Bayern. That Red card made things very hard for us in the end. Man Utd > Bayern. Simple as that. Franck Ribery, the guy Bayern thinks is worth as much as Kaka or Ronaldo, got shut down by an 19 year old rookie RB.
I'm really no Bayern fan, but you can't be serious. Yes, ManU successfully managed to overrun Bayern for 40 minutes, yea. And then they stopped playing football. Bayern already had a very good chance prior to Olic's 3:1, and after that, Bayern was simply the better team. With over 60% of ball possession in an away game.

Sorry. For coming back after a 3:0, Bayern deserves praise. And if you can't hold on to a 3:0 at home, you deserve to be eliminated. Simlpe as that.

Quote:
Barca or Inter will win this.
Probably Barca.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 15:11   Link #2905
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Probably Barca.
Yeah, if Messi continues to play like he did against Arsenal I don't see how other teams could provide much of a competition...Even without Messi they still have Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Ibra, and many other world class players. At least on paper, Barca should win this.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 17:26   Link #2906
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'm really no Bayern fan, but you can't be serious. Yes, ManU successfully managed to overrun Bayern for 40 minutes, yea. And then they stopped playing football. Bayern already had a very good chance prior to Olic's 3:1, and after that, Bayern was simply the better team. With over 60% of ball possession in an away game.

Sorry. For coming back after a 3:0, Bayern deserves praise. And if you can't hold on to a 3:0 at home, you deserve to be eliminated. Simlpe as that.

So true, Munich deserve the semi-final ticket, they dominating 90 min. on allianz, ManU just win first half on their home, yes Rafael Red card affect the game, but just as i said before that what you get if you set already booked player marking Ribery, therefore he just a 19-year old kid. Its SAF blunder i think, he praise his young boys too much because the excellent display on the first half and forgot he's already booked.
Old 2010-04-08, 19:28   Link #2907
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver
At least on paper, Barca should win this.
It would be boring if Barcelona were to simply crush Inter. If anything, there's hope that it'll be a interesting tie because of Jose Mourinho. You just never know want you are going to get when you face him.
Old 2010-04-08, 21:03   Link #2908
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Talk rubbish much? Man Utd were all over Bayern. That Red card made things very hard for us in the end. Man Utd > Bayern. Simple as that. Franck Ribery, the guy Bayern thinks is worth as much as Kaka or Ronaldo, got shut down by an 19 year old rookie RB.

Barca or Inter will win this.

But in some brighter news for Man Utd fans.
Man Utd have signed young mexican striker Javier Hernandez from Mexican side Chivas de Guadalajara. He has scored 21 in 28. 4 in 4 for the Mexican national side.
This is of course, subject to a work permit, but i'm sure we'll egt that. As part of the deal, Man Utd have to play Chivas de Guadalajara in christening their brand new sexy 40,000 seater stadium in the pre-season.

He looks to be a very exciting talent. He'll be on display at the World Cup, so I can't wait to see him go.
I don't know I would think Utd need to sign a midfielder rather than a striker.
Old 2010-04-08, 23:38   Link #2909
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath View Post
It would be boring if Barcelona were to simply crush Inter. If anything, there's hope that it'll be a interesting tie because of Jose Mourinho. You just never know want you are going to get when you face him.
Because, as much as I hate him, Moaninho is a farking tactical genius .. And his team carries his instruction to inch perfect most of the time.. It made a very boooring robotic movement tho.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 03:51   Link #2910
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath View Post
If any team were to beat Barcelona, it would be Inter. Their counter attacking game is perfect to frustrate Barcelona's forwards and midfield.

As for Fabregas coming back to Camp Nou, us culés know that he will eventually take over from Xavi to partner Iniesta in our heart. But for now, I really think he is surplus to our needs. Leave him at Arsenal and let him win something!
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 15:18   Link #2911
Zico

quite frankly, Inter does not stand much of a chance at all, imo.
Especially if Barca has their regular squad complete Inter's defense can not match up against the unrivaled ammount of creativity and super accurate small space passing game barca is capable of.
Zico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 19:24   Link #2912
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Barca does it again against Madrid.

HAPPINESS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!

It's been a great week for the culé!
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 07:30   Link #2913
justavisitor

wow, Barca is beating everyone these days (well, I know it has happened for quite a while already )

Can Messi get the world cup all by himself despite the hmm questionable coaching from Argentina?? I would like to see England to get the cup if Beckham was on the squad...I don't know if I should continue cheering for England now that Beckham is not on the squad...maybe I should cheer for Argentina instead since Argentina is my second choice
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 08:12   Link #2914
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ It'll be interesting to see how Messi handles this pressure; methinks pressure from your own country is more than that of the club arena. There's already talk about how he isn't performing as well for Argentina, so i'm looking forward to his performance in the World Cup.

Almost forgot, BARCA woot woot! 4 consecutive wins against Madrid, and 2 consecutive victories at Bernabaeu, both historic feats. Amazing, and I thought the +70 goal difference last season was an accomplishment!
Old 2010-04-11, 13:37   Link #2915
Zico

the fact that messi did not perform much for his national team has more to do with the idiot managers, no matter how much i respect maradona for his past as a player, as a coach he's an idiot. and the ones before him weren't much better. So i think it's unfair to blame that on messi cause entire argentina team sucked and mostly due to the manager's weird choices. I think it'll all depend on how Maradona does his job to make sure Messi can do his.
Zico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 15:40   Link #2916
justavisitor

or messi just says "xxxx this" and starts disobeying the order from maradona... Messi at this stage probably can afford to do this for a few games...and all he needs is to do it for 7 games in the world cup
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 16:55   Link #2917
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

they won't win the world cup. i don't think they have the overall skill to do it. plus spain is too much of a complete team. i don't think anyone can beat them at the moment.

and united draw. nothing without rooney.. and spuds lose. its a good day.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-11, 22:31   Link #2918
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
plus spain is too much of a complete team. i don't think anyone can beat them at the moment.
There are some teams out there more than capable of taking on the Spanish, and I would love to see the Dutch do well in South Africa. Their ball possession and movement may not be the same as Spain's, but they do have enough offensive sparks to win games with players like Robben, Sneijder, Huntelaar, and a certain Robin Van Persie.
Old 2010-04-11, 23:48   Link #2919
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

netherlands is a great team too, but i don't think they have the "wtf" factor spain has. ideally, my final would be spain vs netherlands. they're probably the best two teams. i don't think Brazil has what it takes to beat either.

Old 2010-04-11, 23:57   Link #2920
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

As always.. my bets on who do well in WC (or any major tournament) depends on wether that team consist of any ol' red nose's player..... That team will most likely stumble out by semi final... No matter how strong they look on paper. Its the curse of the red nose!

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer