AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-19, 11:38   Link #1
KirbyMorph

Future Filler Episodes [Manga Spoilers kinda]

Well, with the pace of the anime as it is, it will be catching the manga fairly soon since the multiple chapter fight scenes wont take nearly as long to be animated as they did in the manga. I was starting to think where some filler could come in. As I was re-reading some of the manga, I noticed the scene where Kakashi is cured by Tsunade after she becomes hokage. Afterwards, little birds are sent to all the Jounin in the village informing them they have missions to do. It never shows them doing these missions though. I was thinking maybe the animators could possibly do a small deviation and show us Kakashi, Gai, and a few others doing some missions for Konoha. It would show us more of the Jounins in action and allow the manga to gain some ground on the anime again.

Im not a big fan of most fillers, but Id rather they do something like this instead of having random filler moments during fights (example being the constant flashing to Oro and the 3rd).

Another one is with Shino. In the manga, he is mysteriously missing (i believe it said he is on a mission) and couldnt join in the Saskue hunt. They could show him on this mission or whatever he is doing. Or maybe Hinata and Ten-ten could be fleshed out more.

If the animators asked Kishimoto for maybe a rough draft of what he thinks these characters might be doing (not any dialogue or major detail, just general idea), it could make for some good filler.

Oh ya, and a ramen girl episode. =)

Any thoughts on other possilbe fillers they could use?
KirbyMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 11:41   Link #2
ubdevoid

I think showing what the hell Sakura does all day would be a good idea. I'd like to see more of Hinata as well. But yeah I think showing Junin missions would be a cool idea. I wonder what kind of missions Kakashi and guy will get allocated.
ubdevoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 11:41   Link #3
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

It's already been said several times that there will be filler. It's not a matter of IF, but when. Besides, you've still got some huge fights coming up that they can drag out till the hills collapse and the sun dies of old age. So I doubt they'll get caught up with the manga anytime soon.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 14:11   Link #4
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I don't think the anime series would go to fillers like they did with the Kenshin anime (which ended in disaster). I think they would stop at some point and then wait for two or three years before starting a second series from where they left off.

I believe at the current pace, the anime would stop at the end of the Sannin arc, just after Jiraiya and Tsunad beat off Orochimaru (end of manga volume 19), that would be a good place to stop. Any further and they won't be able to find a logical point in the story to end without catching up with the manga.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 14:20   Link #5
Xikius
JTHM ~> Z?

Send a message via AIM to Xikius
although the ideas for the filler episodes are good, i'm guessing on a seasonal break, too. it would be a shame if this show went the way of Kenshin. (stories not in the manga)

has One Piece run into this situation yet? if so, what did they do with the anime before it caught up with the manga?
Xikius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 14:21   Link #6
LeafNinja

Sometime last year I did some calculating and came to something like it would be next spring before the anime caught up enough that the manga would no longer be far enough head. After 7 months we're still about on that same path. So I figure we still have around 45-50 episodes before it would absolutely require filler.

We're on manga 147 / anime 84. Diving 147 by 84 episodes we get 1 3/4 manga chapter to an anime episode on average. Subtract the 147 from currently released 214 and we get 67. Divide that by the 1 3/4 and we get 38 episodes. Then you have to figure in that as the year passes even more manga chapters will be released, so you could bump that number up another 12-15.

Depending upon when the current manga arc ends, it could potentially be a good place to introduce filler. But as stated previously, to leave themselves some room, they animators should instead have a longer 15-20 episode filler arc right after the Fifth takes office.

Last edited by LeafNinja; 2004-05-19 at 14:37.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 14:33   Link #7
Xikius
JTHM ~> Z?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
We're on manga 147 / anime 84.
i thought the manga was on 215?
Old 2004-05-19, 14:36   Link #8
LeafNinja

This latest anime episode covered up until 147.
Old 2004-05-19, 14:39   Link #9
Xikius
JTHM ~> Z?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
This latest anime episode covered up until 147.
ah, i see... i tell my friends that refuse to read the manga that it'll take little under a year of episodes to catch up to the manga, so that's why should read it... they don't listen, thus i cannot discuss it with them

oh, and btw, your site is the best naruto site i've ever laid eyes on... thank you, sir
Old 2004-05-19, 15:49   Link #10
LeafNinja

Thanks for the compliments.

I was surprised when we automatically went into the new Itachi arc, but I guess the series really didn't leave much room for a filler arc there. Would have been nice to have a 5-10 episode filler, then Itachi and Tsunade which could run 20-25 episodes, and then another 10-15 episode filler arc. That would be another almost 4-5 months of manga that could be released in that time.
Old 2004-05-19, 16:04   Link #11
KirbyMorph

While it may have been true for the manga/anime up until now, if you look closely, there is not nearly as much talking going on in the chapters lately. It is mainly the fight. I suppose they could introduce some random inner monologue on the situation for each fighter or pointless talking, but if they dont, the fights arent that long. Im referring mainly to the 4 sound fights lately. While they took a lot of manga to cover, how long honestly will these fights take when animated? Not nearly as long if you ask me. Up until Tsunade becomes 5th should be good, its just the only point that would have a good spot to introduce filler would be when they Jounin go on their missions. After she becomes the 5th, saskue is healed, he gets mad at Naruto and goes seeking Oro. Cant show random filler in there since it would just mess up the flow.

Also, Im not sure, but I thought Japanese were kinda fickle. I didnt think shows took hiatus. While Naruto may be popular now, as soon as its off the air to let the manga get ahead, the Japanese will 'forget' about it and move onto the next big thing, etc. Thats how I always viewed it. Otherwise, why would they start animes before the manga finished, like in the case of Full Metal Alchemist where it had to deviate from the manga completely or Chrno Crusade? Because while those manga are popular now, in 3 or 4 months when the manga completes, tehy wont necessarily be popular anymore, and hence not a good investment for television. Have other popular series taken seasonal breaks to let the manga get ahead? If so, which ones?
KirbyMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 18:34   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xikius
has One Piece run into this situation yet? if so, what did they do with the anime before it caught up with the manga?
Well, yes, it has. In a way anyways. They've already added one filer arc of I believe 12 episodes that just sucked bad. But, it gave the manga some more breathing room and given the pace of the anime to the manga (1-2 chapters per show) it'll still be about 2 years before the show catches up with the manga. By then I think OP will have spawned 2-3 more side stories to buy some extra time for the manga to get ahead. Either that or the guy who does OP will release a mega volumn or something to allow the manga to suddenly explode WAY out front again.

Don't know specifically, and the rumor networks haven't got anything in regards to either OP or Naruto doing either, so I can't say. Then again, lately the rumor networks have been filled with people I seriously swear are on crack or something.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 18:43   Link #13
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyMorph
Also, Im not sure, but I thought Japanese were kinda fickle. I didnt think shows took hiatus. While Naruto may be popular now, as soon as its off the air to let the manga get ahead, the Japanese will 'forget' about it and move onto the next big thing, etc.
You're exactly right. No one in Japan remembers what the hell Kenshin or even Yu Yu Hakush were. If Naruto tried to take a seasonal break, it would not come back. That's why there either will be filler, or the show will end. They could maye do OVAs, but Naruto doesn't really lend itself to that well, considering the arcs are all long as hell.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 18:51   Link #14
Zfan
STOP JOKING AROOOUND~!

Send a message via ICQ to Zfan Send a message via MSN to Zfan
Quote:
Oh ya, and a ramen girl episode. =)
We all know that we love the Ramen Girl, but I don't think that an episode only for her would be good; Naruto'd be transformed into a Shoujo.
Zfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 21:01   Link #15
Suikun

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I've never touched the HxH manga and I'm only moderately familiar with the anime, but didn't Hunter x Hunter take a "seasonal break" to allow the manga to speed ahead, and then continues the story with the follow-up OVAs?

Just how well/how popular is Hunter x Hunter right now, anyway?
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 21:02   Link #16
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikun
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I've never touched the HxH manga and I'm only moderately familiar with the anime, but didn't Hunter x Hunter take a "seasonal break" to allow the manga to speed ahead, and then continues the story with the follow-up OVAs?

Just how well/how popular is Hunter x Hunter right now, anyway?
The OVA format did not do well for the anime series' popularity, but the manga is still going strong thanks to its wonderful cast...
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote