AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-08, 21:51   Link #41
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
As long as 4kids release the unedited original Japanese verison (which they are not known for) I won't complain, until I know for sure, then I'll bitch.
Old 2004-06-08, 22:14   Link #42
Zfan
STOP JOKING AROOOUND~!

Send a message via ICQ to Zfan Send a message via MSN to Zfan
Sure thy're going to cut like 87.98% of the battles, cuz it's too violent... Probably they're going to skip battles like against Croc or Eneru. Oh, I bet all the beer/whine/alcohol and the tobacco (addicteds) would be cut off from the anime. If this happens, it's like taking off Sanji, Smoker and Zoro from the story.
Old 2004-06-08, 22:33   Link #43
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

4kids got it? Oh dear gauds, say it ain't so. 4kids F's up so many anime it's a bloody shame. If they don't do one piece right I'm going to have the FCC ban 4kids from existance. Oh well, as long as K-F keeps fansubbing it, I'll be extremely happy.
Old 2004-06-08, 23:00   Link #44
Trov
Holy cack!

I was hoping that this was some sick joke, but it really happened, I mean, I wouldn't mind much if it was put on Cartoon Network, but FoxBox? The same Foxbox that has every single kiddy anime imaginable? And it's dubbed by 4Kids? The same 4Kids that did Shaman King?
Old 2004-06-08, 23:19   Link #45
LVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan1
Alas.

I'll be ignoring my morals again then.

No doubt they'll completely corrupt it. Blah.

Out of curiosity (as I live in England), does most anime that gets licensed appear on television channels that most people have access to or are they quite often obscure cable channels?
Most mainstream anime appears on either Fox or the WB, which are network television (if you have a tv and an attennae, you can get it) or Cartoon Network, which is basic cable (you have to pay a monthly fee but you get billions more channels).

Fox has Shaman King, Sonic X, that crazy masked wrestling show (Kikikukikuamamananan or whatever) and uh...some other stuff. WB has Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon and Power Rangers (re-edited Super Sentai shows with American actors). Cartoon Network has a good chunk they show on either Meguzi, their afternoon block or Toonami, their saturday evening block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
Why don't you guys whine like this for other series, like Mermaid Melody or Puchi Puri Yuuchi. Tokyo Mew Mew was also licensed by 4Kids and will be shown on FoxBox but I didn't really see anyone whine about that. Every anime series is equal, just like One Piece is equal to Tokyo Mew Mew. True anime fans don't just watch one series and then think it's the best one out there.
Why come to the One Piece forum and complain that other, less popular shows arn't getting enough attention. While Tokyo Mew Mew and Mermaid Melody may have been good shows in their own rights, I dont think people who watch One Piece may have the same tastes in anime that people who watch Tokyo Mew Mew do. Furthermore, since people have different tastes, they may hold some genres in higher regard than others. I personally dispise cutsey comedies or tragic romances, which is why I could care less if they get liscensed; I dont watch them.
Old 2004-06-08, 23:20   Link #46
animulder

Hey I was just at an Industry show in NY called the licencing show this morning and when found out that it got licenced. Needless to say when i walked by the 4kids booth and saw it playing on all the big sceens(just the open in english,very wierd) i was taken a back and shocked for a moment, then saddened. So then i when in to ask a rep what the deal was with the show and they said how they just annoucnced it the night before, and how the deak went down very fast and how they are mvoing quiclkly to get it released for a sept air date. (in my book fast =poor quality) I metioned that i had seen the show before and asked about they are suppose to deal with having such a bloody show, on a satuday morning slot and also about sanji, he's like a chain smoker! well the answer i got made me go white. basically that they know that people that have seen their shows in the orginial japanese dont like what they do to shows they get and that they are trying their best to keep the spirit of the show in tack, but they do have to change some thing to make it "work for an american audience" some of which i can understand. but man oh man talk about not really knowing that the age range for this show does not work for saturday morning.
so sanji is going to suck on lolipops.. BAKA 4kids. I forgot to ask them if they are handling the dvd stuff too, ill have to aske them that tomorrow.
-animulder
Old 2004-06-08, 23:51   Link #47
fujisawa
Reindeer King

Send a message via AIM to fujisawa
Dude, thats my avatar lol! Well anyways, analytically, it looks like a DBZ folly all over again, but lets hopes they do end up releasing them uncut, if they do, i will be happy, but lately a thing i have noticed is that they edit some cartoons less, and maybe they won't kill it, hopefully, but this does mean a 5 year old going "Mommy look! It's the guy with the springy arms! I want that toy, and that toy....etc." Oh well, this is good/bad depends on how you look at it, let's pray that funimation releases uncut, pray to your god/kabash/hamster/compuiter/refirgerator.!

OKAMA WAY! LOL
Old 2004-06-09, 01:00   Link #48
method

Off topic somewhat concerning Princess of Hell post.
Actually there was a sizable thread bemoaning the fact that 4kids licensed TMM and changed the name to HMM. At least they changed it back.
Old 2004-06-09, 01:26   Link #49
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

Noooooo, this is worse than hearing FMA getting licensed. And by 4kids, that's even worse. And we have to start watching from episode 1 again
Old 2004-06-09, 06:03   Link #50
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Well, its likely that an uncut release will come out on DVD because Funimation recently pretty much forced 4Kids to let them release uncut DVD's of Yugioh, so there is still some hope.
Old 2004-06-09, 06:17   Link #51
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Man I'm watching my favorite arc right now the Arlong Arc which is also one of the best in the series and just thinking about how they'll edit it for saturday morning cartoons is really pissing me off. Nami's sad past is gonna get butchered! and bye bye to all that blood.
Old 2004-06-09, 06:54   Link #52
Blazing420

All i can say is this sucks.... Words cant describe my emotions on how much I hate 4kids...

R.I.P. Any resemblence of One Piece and bring on One Treasure sought by the go lucky Shipping crew straw hats. Captain rubberman and sword user zappy make their way to the Grand ocean.

Smoker will be using a toothpick and will now never show his devil fruit power because that wouldnt be kid friendly... Wait there are no devil fruits its power fruit.

Im guessing they will show Nami ink over her tatoo instead of cut it off?
Old 2004-06-09, 07:53   Link #53
Joe Dalton

Still going on about how this sucks? look at the deleted replies and their reasons for deletion and follow up by some serious thought for the reason behind this...

Its licensed so the anime compagnie will get some more money cool for them... I will keep watching one piece... cool for me... lazy and or stupid people wont see one piece anymore... prolly just leeching bastards anyway yay for everyone else
Old 2004-06-09, 08:32   Link #54
Xikius
JTHM ~> Z?

Send a message via AIM to Xikius
It does nothing to complain on an anime forum about an anime being licensed. E-mail 4kids and address your concerns to them in a serious and rational manner (no yelling/swearing). If enough people do this, they will realize that there is already a fanbase in America. They do not want to turn off this fanbase since it = money.

Their solution will most likely be uncut DVD's by funimation. If that's the case, then, oh well... it's time for you to start supporting the creators of the anime by buying it, instead of viewing for free.
Old 2004-06-09, 08:41   Link #55
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing420
Smoker will be using a toothpick and will now never show his devil fruit power because that wouldnt be kid friendly... Wait there are no devil fruits its power fruit.

Im guessing they will show Nami ink over her tatoo instead of cut it off?
Does anyone Remeber Fox's version of Escaflowne?????
I just don't see this as a kids show without major editing. I don't think there would be that much of a fuss if it were just shown instead on Adult Swim. A kid eats a devil's fruit and get super powers, I can just see Extreme Religous groups lining up to protest this show already.
Old 2004-06-09, 09:15   Link #56
Blazing420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
Still going on about how this sucks? look at the deleted replies and their reasons for deletion and follow up by some serious thought for the reason behind this...

Its licensed so the anime compagnie will get some more money cool for them... I will keep watching one piece... cool for me... lazy and or stupid people wont see one piece anymore... prolly just leeching bastards anyway yay for everyone else

Well considering im a huge fan of adult swim and Toonami, I would say you are very very wrong.. Have you watched what happens to any anime that 4kids gets there hands on? Im just saying its not gonna be One Piece as we or anyone else that has seen it before knows it. Its gonna be a disaster waiting to happen, and you're right, now that its going to foxbox i probally never will see it as i dont watch that channel for anime/cartoons any more. And i think it comes on Saturday mornings anyways which is way to early to wake up for a saturday.
Old 2004-06-09, 11:14   Link #57
bobofet
Blue Pheasant

i heard sanji is going to be sucking a lollipop instead of smoking a cigar, for real. Sanji, a grown man sucking a lollipop from scene to scene just because this show is to be aired to 12yr old pokemaniacs on saturday mornings. words cannot describe what i am thinking, or rather I cannot describe in words on this board due to urge to over-cuss
Old 2004-06-09, 11:51   Link #58
Joe Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing420
Well considering im a huge fan of adult swim and Toonami, I would say you are very very wrong.. Have you watched what happens to any anime that 4kids gets there hands on? Im just saying its not gonna be One Piece as we or anyone else that has seen it before knows it. Its gonna be a disaster waiting to happen, and you're right, now that its going to foxbox i probally never will see it as i dont watch that channel for anime/cartoons any more. And i think it comes on Saturday mornings anyways which is way to early to wake up for a saturday.
... this is a joke right? for the love of god let this be a joke!
Old 2004-06-09, 12:03   Link #59
Blazing420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
... this is a joke right? for the love of god let this be a joke!

?? what's to joke about? You must really be off your rocker.
Old 2004-06-09, 12:08   Link #60
Jn183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xikius
It does nothing to complain on an anime forum about an anime being licensed. E-mail 4kids and address your concerns to them in a serious and rational manner (no yelling/swearing). If enough people do this, they will realize that there is already a fanbase in America. They do not want to turn off this fanbase since it = money.

Their solution will most likely be uncut DVD's by funimation. If that's the case, then, oh well... it's time for you to start supporting the creators of the anime by buying it, instead of viewing for free.
Oda(creator) does not get money from One Piece Dvd release in US. US license the series. They get all the profit that come out of One Piece in the US. I don't think the Jap studio get a cut in the US profit also. They get the license money only. That is what I come to understand when reading about licensing and stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Jn183; 2004-06-09 at 14:17.
Closed Thread