AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-09-26, 11:02   Link #8301
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Except they have yet to Save the Galaxy from nasty giant chakrams.

No, the correct answer here is to put Chief into a Section 8 armor.

I'm sorry, what was that just now? It sounded strangely similar to the sound the ladies make after Chuck Norris finishes with them. Do I need to get you some salve? Maybe a defibrilator? Speak up. I can't hear you over the sound of your convulsions snapping your spine.
Again, Pass: Master C is easily the weakest of all his brothers and sisters. All he's got going for him is his ridiculous ploth4xx Luck. Kelly-087 would MURDER Master C in a straight fight. Linda-058 would pick him off in ways he wouldn't even freaking understand. And I can go on and on. Bottom line, if it weren't for the plot, Master C would be dead a thousand times over.

Peace. And don't start stuff you don't want to finish, ATC, especially with a friggin' Marine. The only "I quit!" Marines understand is when Congress gives us a pink slip and tell us to pull out of whatever damn campaign they committed us to in the first place. Blame the Corps for making us like that.
Old 2009-09-26, 11:35   Link #8302
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I suppose one expects no less from the best on the planet...

I do caution against excessive stubbornness in this thread.
Old 2009-09-26, 12:27   Link #8303
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Again, Pass: Master C is easily the weakest of all his brothers and sisters. All he's got going for him is his ridiculous ploth4xx Luck. Kelly-087 would MURDER Master C in a straight fight. Linda-058 would pick him off in ways he wouldn't even freaking understand. And I can go on and on. Bottom line, if it weren't for the plot, Master C would be dead a thousand times over.
Are you forgetting that part about the Chief where he's the team leader containing the right balance of qualities as well as the knowhow to be the 'big brother' of sorts of his Spartan team? This 'weakness' you seem to have associated with him... It does not exist.

They didn't make him Team Lead on luck alone.

Sure, Kelly and Linda could beat him in unfathomable ways involving either a speedblitz or a bizzare riccochet off something. But can they lead a team like John can?
No. They cannot.

How about putting all the Spartans into those Section 8 armors? Then we've got something.

Quote:
Peace. And don't start stuff you don't want to finish, ATC, especially with a friggin' Marine. The only "I quit!" Marines understand is when Congress gives us a pink slip and tell us to pull out of whatever damn campaign they committed us to in the first place. Blame the Corps for making us like that
Red Herring.

Whether or not you're a marine is not relavent to the discussion. Don't try and change the topic by turning it into a Me vs You fight, or by threatening to do so.

*EDIT: It seems that the middle of one of my lines got shredded for some reason and made incomprehensable. Fixed.*

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2009-09-26 at 13:22.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 00:15   Link #8304
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Boys, girls, ladies, gentlemen, fellow countrymen!

What have we here? Too much violence, too much screaming, too much of stating the obvious!

...Peace, love and crack, I say, is what we need; the one-stop solution to SERIOUSNESS

Spoiler for Lolicon Source Text:

Shiny's response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Hmm hmm hmm hmm *reading reading*

Closet Lolicon: Has an inexplicable attachment to girls with looks, height and chest sizes that transcend age, puberty and characterization. Reactions upon sighting include picking said person up, scrutinizing them to corroborate the observable facts, and once a semi-working to working relationship is settled upon, petting, all with a relatively passive look on her face.

.... *looks over Kaon, checks height and chest* hm.... Good luck *cheery creator skips off to leave creation to the lolicons*
You read too much and too deeply...

...Hence this is all your fault, Shiny, and then Tempest's.

So take responsibility for this, my first crack:

Spoiler for Lolicon Chronicle - Part I: That Girl, She's Dangerous!:

Spoiler for Notes:

Last edited by XenahortCharybdis; 2009-09-27 at 10:55.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 10:32   Link #8305
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Actually, OPFOR stands for OPposing FORce, and refers in wargames to the enemy side. Nanoha's daily job is this, as a member of the Aggressors (aggressor being the general military term and OPFOR refering to a specific agressor unit within the US military context).

That said, it's not unusual to find the same label applied to the enemy for reals.

Further example: Forwards vs Uruz Team in an exercise. Uruz Team are the OPFOR for the Forwards.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 10:54   Link #8306
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Actually, OPFOR stands for OPposing FORce, and refers in wargames to the enemy side. Nanoha's daily job is this, as a member of the Aggressors (aggressor being the general military term and OPFOR refering to a specific agressor unit within the US military context).

That said, it's not unusual to find the same label applied to the enemy for reals.

Further example: Forwards vs Uruz Team in an exercise. Uruz Team are the OPFOR for the Forwards.
Oh Lord.

I fixed that down at the FFT...looks like I forgot something down here.

Damn it!

*Anyway, Fix'd!*
Old 2009-09-27, 11:42   Link #8307
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Boys, girls, ladies, gentlemen, fellow countrymen!

What have we here? Too much violence, too much screaming, too much of stating the obvious!

...Peace, love and crack, I say, is what we need; the one-stop solution to SERIOUSNESS

Shiny's response.

You read too much and too deeply...

...Hence this is all your fault, Shiny, and then Tempest's.

So take responsibility for this, my first crack:

Spoiler for Lolicon Chronicle - Part I: That Girl, She's Dangerous!:

Spoiler for Notes:
Mwhehehe, not even the slightly taler loli Syn escapes the Lolicon.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 12:25   Link #8308
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Mwhehehe, not even the slightly taler loli Syn escapes the Lolicon.
Chaos is Strong!

Old 2009-09-27, 15:52   Link #8309
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Still looking for a good moment in Vivid to introduce it (maybe next chapter will give an opening?), but after slaving away behind the computer in the bits of free time I had the past few weeks, I really wanted to get this outa here.

Spurred by Vivio's teasing and petting, I present to thee: Vivid Syn, now in teenage form.

Spoiler for imagery:

It's a good thing ten year olds aren't that worried about chest sizes yet. Vivio still has (and will probably always have) her beat in that regard.

Her device, Belkan of course, is a device created by Syn herself (although with the help and resources of the more experienced Shari and Aurion). Helskor specializes in enhancing her leg strength. This makes Syn quite fast, while maintaining a solid defense. On the downside, she has little in the way of ranged attacks beyond standard Belkan ones (which, really, don't have that much range either), and zero flight capability, though she managed to partially circumvent that last weakness by taking a leaf out of her teacher's book and partially mimicking Nove's Airliner, creating small platforms in mid-air for her to stand on and kick off, giving her limited aerial capabilities.

I kept the name Helskor, because where it was a cool name for her former bow, it is now an even more appropriate name here. In Norse mythology helskór ("hel-shoes") were put on the dead so that they could go to Valhalla.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 20:05   Link #8310
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It's Marvellous what Macronization can Do For You! /cheesy advert tune

You guys are awesome. I think I hate fanservice so much that I can't do proper ones myself, so apologies in advance if the best my works turn out is something closer to a To Aru verse novel of random scenes with serious stuff, long conversations, many explanations and little fluff. This I quote from a friend at uni.
Old 2009-09-27, 22:06   Link #8311
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekate View Post
After a bit of thought and laughs here's a revamped guy

Spoiler for edited?:

Originally he wasn't supposed to be my first oc here, but while I was writing a bit of crack got into my head and I couldn't resist.

To be honest I haven't decided anything with him but when the crack starts rolling it's hard to stop typing...

Spoiler for no edits, just for lulz:
Well, this fellow is certainly very funny

Just a thought. Maybe, if you are going to continue work on him, it would be a good idea imho to give him some spells that are actually useful. It's hard to imagine that he could stay in the TSAB for more than a year and not learn something that's more utilitarian.

Unless, of course, he IS that stubborn . Or his accomplishments (if any) actually came from Bucephalus

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 23:17   Link #8312
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

One question out of curiosity: why Bucephalus? Does the horse have 4 heads?
Old 2009-09-28, 02:26   Link #8313
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
One question out of curiosity: why Bucephalus? Does the horse have 4 heads?

It's the name of the horse of Alexander the Great.
Old 2009-09-28, 03:06   Link #8314
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Still looking for a good moment in Vivid to introduce it (maybe next chapter will give an opening?), but after slaving away behind the computer in the bits of free time I had the past few weeks, I really wanted to get this outa here.

Spurred by Vivio's teasing and petting, I present to thee: Vivid Syn, now in teenage form.

Spoiler for imagery:

It's a good thing ten year olds aren't that worried about chest sizes yet. Vivio still has (and will probably always have) her beat in that regard.

Her device, Belkan of course, is a device created by Syn herself (although with the help and resources of the more experienced Shari and Aurion). Helskor specializes in enhancing her leg strength. This makes Syn quite fast, while maintaining a solid defense. On the downside, she has little in the way of ranged attacks beyond standard Belkan ones (which, really, don't have that much range either), and zero flight capability, though she managed to partially circumvent that last weakness by taking a leaf out of her teacher's book and partially mimicking Nove's Airliner, creating small platforms in mid-air for her to stand on and kick off, giving her limited aerial capabilities.

I kept the name Helskor, because where it was a cool name for her former bow, it is now an even more appropriate name here. In Norse mythology helskór ("hel-shoes") were put on the dead so that they could go to Valhalla.
That look... That selection of outfit... Why does it look so familia-.....

KEROKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

@__@

PS: Syn's VA isn't going to be Chiba Saeko... is she?
Old 2009-09-28, 03:07   Link #8315
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I see. As it were, having the zero historic knowledge I have, I decoded it using what I see in the human body, which is the xxx-encaphalon in your brain.

With Bu meaning 4, that's how I got the understanding of "4 Heads".

Thanks for the heads up. Always good to learn something everyday.

EDIT: It takes a trap to break another trap huh?

But after seeing you fall for Nadeko... I know for certain. YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANYTHING ABOUT MY IMOUTO! >=3
Old 2009-09-28, 03:23   Link #8316
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
EDIT: It takes a trap to break another trap huh?
My man, THAT is THE trap that started it all!

Quote:
But after seeing you fall for Nadeko... I know for certain. YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANYTHING ABOUT MY IMOUTO! >=3
Why would you think I would do anything to your imouto? :3
Old 2009-09-28, 06:53   Link #8317
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Spoiler for imagery:
Teenage Syn reminds me of Beat Jumper... does that make Syn a tra-

*IS SHOT*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 07:58   Link #8318
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

*IS SHOT*
I did a scan and the image IS Beat Jumper

What's next, Yamato Mai- *shot*
Old 2009-09-28, 07:59   Link #8319
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

*IS SHOT*
Maybe she's going for reverse trap!

What's that soun-? *is hit by car*
Old 2009-09-28, 08:23   Link #8320
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I did a scan and the image IS Beat Jumper

What's next, Yamato Mai- *shot*
... Vivio as Yamato Maihime!!!!!

*RUUUUNZ*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content