AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-08-24, 05:18   Link #9421
Awrya
U mad?

Great new chapter, but seriously, the power levels are in a total mess.
Dragon Force, one of the strongest techniques in the last few arcs, has been reduced to mid level
It reminds me of DBZ, where Goku defeated enemies that were stronger than Freeza in normal mode in later arcs.
Old 2012-08-24, 05:21   Link #9422
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
If the person that cried was Zeref then could he now feel that Natsu can defeat him now?
Didn't he cry when he realized that Natsu still couldn't beat him before the time-skip? I wonder if those tears also means the same as that...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 05:21   Link #9423
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Damn, that was one-sided as hell. XD

Natsu laid the smackdown on those clowns. I just wish he got to knock Minerva's teeth in right alongside them for what she did to Lucy.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 05:27   Link #9424
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Great new chapter, but seriously, the power levels are in a total mess.
Dragon Force, one of the strongest techniques in the last few arcs, has been reduced to mid level
It reminds me of DBZ, where Goku defeated enemies that were stronger than Freeza in normal mode in later arcs.
One could argue that Sing and rouge's Dragonforce wasn't the real thing for a multitude of reasons. One won't though, because you're absolutely right. This chapter also made last chapter's beat down seem unnecessary.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 05:58   Link #9425
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

I really liked Sting and Rogue. Seeing them open the arc, known for killing their dragons and now being reduced to nothing from an over-powered Natsu. I highly dislike how there was no power progression and it was just simply injected into them.
Exaggeration is off the charts, and I thought Bleach was bad.

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 06:04   Link #9426
Rahan

Dragonforce in their hands was like Fairy Glitter in Cana's hands ...

A hax technique needs a hax user to be used efficently, otherwise it's just a strong technique.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 06:07   Link #9427
Avaricia
My Lord

The unison raid stance that sting and rogue, made me remembered X-Burner
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 06:09   Link #9428
n0m@n
C-Z

Maybe the dragon-force weakens as the generation gets newer or something. The harder it is to access, the dragon force, the stronger it is. So if the third-generation can use it that easily, I cant imagine it being stronger than the first-generation's dragon-force.
Old 2012-08-24, 06:20   Link #9429
Bombo
TSF Fans

YES THIS IS OUR REAL DRAGON SLAYER WITHOUT DRAGON FORCE.!!!!!!
and BEST comment from natsu :
"Then I'll use this power..to fight for my friends that you made fun of. "
I LOVE IT .!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Didn't he cry when he realized that Natsu still couldn't beat him before the time-skip? I wonder if those tears also means the same as that...
I think tears for natsu alive .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 06:25   Link #9430
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post
I really liked Sting and Rogue. Seeing them open the arc, known for killing their dragons and now being reduced to nothing from an over-powered Natsu. I highly dislike how there was no power progression and it was just simply injected into them.
Exaggeration is off the charts, and I thought Bleach was bad.
Well, you really should have seen it coming. I mean, there was no way they really could have killed their dragons. Anyone paying attention to the world of Fairy Tail had to have known that that was total bullshit, and a total red herring.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 07:08   Link #9431
Ray
Garnet

Ahhh, hells yeah. That was exactly what I wanted to see. It's a bit of a shame that he didn't use any of his Thunder Flame attacks; I like how flashy those are. :>
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 07:15   Link #9432
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It was fairly obvious how this chapter would go, but I have one major problem with it...

According to Mavis, there is a wall with just power, but that can be overcome with feelings... what the hell was wrong with Lucy, then? Didn't her feelings count for something? In that case, it looked like power was greater than feelings. I kinda hate it when author's use sentiments like these, because they never apply them equally or consider the larger ramifications.

I really wish Mashima hadn't used her just as a blatant plot device to anger Natsu. He didn't need to. He would have been fired up enough over Yukino, and ST's general attitude.

Anyway, apparently either a different Zeref, or someone like Zeref, is coming. Back to wondering what will happen next.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 07:15   Link #9433
Raviel

Is it ever explained HOW they obtain dragon slayer magic lacrima to implant into people?

This chapter is seriously making me think using DS magic via lacrima really screws up with the upper limit of power a dragon slayer can achieve (i.e. greater strength in the long run sacrificed for ease of use?)

On to the fight itself, my only real complaint about Natsu's victory is, as someone else has already stated, the power was basically injected into him...........it is probably just me but it makes the whole thing feel a bit like a cop out especially since I want to be happy about FT making it to the top.

DARN YOU MASHIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 07:28   Link #9434
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Is it ever explained HOW they obtain dragon slayer magic lacrima to implant into people?

This chapter is seriously making me think using DS magic via lacrima really screws up with the upper limit of power a dragon slayer can achieve (i.e. greater strength in the long run sacrificed for ease of use?)

On to the fight itself, my only real complaint about Natsu's victory is, as someone else has already stated, the power was basically injected into him...........it is probably just me but it makes the whole thing feel a bit like a cop out especially since I want to be happy about FT making it to the top.

DARN YOU MASHIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Well, I don't think injected into him is correct way to say it... It's more like his true potential was awakened by someone...
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 07:31   Link #9435
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
It was fairly obvious how this chapter would go, but I have one major problem with it...

According to Mavis, there is a wall with just power, but that can be overcome with feelings... what the hell was wrong with Lucy, then? Didn't her feelings count for something? In that case, it looked like power was greater than feelings. I kinda hate it when author's use sentiments like these, because they never apply them equally or consider the larger ramifications.

I really wish Mashima hadn't used her just as a blatant plot device to anger Natsu. He didn't need to. He would have been fired up enough over Yukino, and ST's general attitude.

Anyway, apparently either a different Zeref, or someone like Zeref, is coming. Back to wondering what will happen next.
I agree 100%. However, I've become used to this since the gargantuan asspulls of the Zeref arc for the entire main cast except gray and lucy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Well, you really should have seen it coming. I mean, there was no way they really could have killed their dragons. Anyone paying attention to the world of Fairy Tail had to have known that that was total bullshit, and a total red herring.
100% agreed again, though it took me while to think about their story being bs. Now I wonder who that tear-spilling chick is.
Old 2012-08-24, 07:33   Link #9436
classic

That`s what i am talking about no intrigue. I can say the same about next fights. I am only interested now in the whole plot. Not figths in particular. Natsu overpowered directly from hell.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 08:03   Link #9437
kitten320

Ah man... this victory would not bother me so much if Gajeel was still fighting. But no, Natsu as always had to stand out and dominate two strong guys alone and with the power that came out of nowhere. Yes Natsu is strong but him totally dominating 2 Dragon Slayers at their max is a total bullshit. He had far more trouble with Gajeel and the dude was alone and at Natsu's level.

Whole future drama better be worth the build up and cover this mes.

EDIT: Yes dear neg repper, I'll repeat it again... BULLSHIT! Soon Natsu will turn into Ichigo 2 and all other characters can retire. Only Natsu and Erza get super fights where they pull power out of their ass. When was the last time Gajeel had a worthy fight? Juvia is supposed to be strong too yet they get their ass handed to them all the time or are kicked out of the picture like just now.

I like Natsu and Erza but sometimes I really want them to f@ck off and give some space to others or finally get dominated. There is no such thing as unbeatable.

Last edited by kitten320; 2012-08-24 at 14:32.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 08:05   Link #9438
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post

got to agree with this one whole heart. if the power of feelings was true, lucy's feeling of being beaten up shoulld have brought everyone of her spirits to give minerva beating of a lifetime.

don't get me wrong, i still loved the chapter and felt very happen to see natsu own the two dragon slayers. if i put them on a level, the only dragon slayer they are strong than is wendy.

the next chapter tltle is has my attention. is it taking about lucy Or the person who was crying at the beginning being some new female character?
Old 2012-08-24, 08:14   Link #9439
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Everybody has a point but we all have to remember that DS power and Celestial power is different from each other. DS/GS power can get stronger through emotions (Natsu/Wendy). But for this fight, I was trying to figure out what Natsu remind me of, then it hit me. He was like Mystic Gohan from Buu Saga, but those two truly deserve that butt kicking but who is that chick in the front page?
Old 2012-08-24, 08:31   Link #9440
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Everybody has a point but we all have to remember that DS power and Celestial power is different from each other. DS/GS power can get stronger through emotions (Natsu/Wendy). But for this fight, I was trying to figure out what Natsu remind me of, then it hit me. He was like Mystic Gohan from Buu Saga, but those two truly deserve that butt kicking but who is that chick in the front page?
The chick on the cover page is the chick from the Fairy Tail movie.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen