AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2012-12-07, 13:34   Link #21
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

I hope they change DAT pink to normal red
you know what I mean

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 13:37   Link #22
marvelB

Honestly? I have mixed feelings about this..... while this is awesome news indeed, it's gonna be mighty strange to NOT see the characters as anything but (mostly) static cardboard cutouts with voices.

And honestly, I'd kinda like it if the anime took its own spin on things and combined the contents of both the first AND second games, but I think that's just a little too much wishful thinking at this point. But I do think it would nonetheless still be interesting if it switched things around a bit (like change the order of victims or something). Actually, I think it would work best if the show were actually written by the game's writer, but again, wishful thinking.....

Oh, and for those interested in the game the anime is based on, I made a thread for it a while back (and I assure you, I'm very careful when it comes to spoilers ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
I hope they change DAT pink to normal red
you know what I mean

Why? I think the pink fits the series' style all too well....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 16:02   Link #23
Nayim

You know, I hope or wish this series adapt by SHAFT company.
Old 2012-12-07, 16:21   Link #24
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
You know, I hope or wish this series adapt by SHAFT company.
I heard Lerche (Carnival Phantasm) will animate it.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 17:23   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Oh and for those who are wondering, is spoiler phobic and pretty much want to experience it from anime only: don't, don't, DON'T ever search the game contents if you don't want to be spoiled. Don't go to Tumblr. Don't go to Pixiv. Don't go to 4ch. Avoid Tvtropes. Blacklist SA for the sake of not getting spoiled.

Heck, just don't go to the game thread. Once you spoil yourself, it takes many of the interesting parts away from your experience. Way too much.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try my best, but it's going to be hard to avoid some of these sites

I suppose it's a good sign I had never even heard of the game until now.
Old 2012-12-07, 17:44   Link #26
kyouray
2D > 3D

Heh posts in this thread piqued my interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Why does noone mention Kishi's Seto No Hana Yome? That was easily his best show, a really underrated comedy...
True.
When I talk about Seiji Kishi, I always mention Seto no Hanayome (& Sunred)
Old 2012-12-07, 17:47   Link #27
marvelB

Well, like I said above, the DR thread here is pretty careful about leaving spoilers out in the open.....

Otherwise, I'm 100% with Natsuki Hyuga on this one. If you're just interested in the anime and not the source material, then don't go to ANY of those sites. Danganronpa (and its sequel) has crazy plot twists up the wazoo and there's already more than a few pieces of fanart out there involving said twists.... so you've been warned.

And for the record, I'd also add Youtube to that list because I've seen some spoileriffic vids posted there, as well. Otherwise, if you are interested, then just check out Orenronen's LP thread at SA and leave it at that.....
Old 2012-12-07, 19:28   Link #28
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I wonder though...how you animate those small game segments for earning perks and stuff...
Old 2012-12-08, 05:01   Link #29
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I would have thought that news articles announcing the series' adaptation would be spoiler-free, but no. The Crunchyroll news article for that has either accidentally or deliberately included artwork samples from the games which contain super high school level spoilers. As in massive, massive spoilers for things that were the greatest mysteries of the game, which people deliberated on all the way through the gameplay. "The culprit was [name redacted]" level spoilers.

They even included some pictures and clips from Dangan Ronpa 2, which the writer had done a previous game announcement news article on. That's so lazy.

Shame on you, Crunchyroll! http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ime-adaptation

Anyway, since Dangan Ronpa is getting an anime, maybe Dangan Ronpa 2 will get one eventually as well? I would love to see that, too. I imagine that Dangan Ronpa's anime will get pretty popular. Sales will probably be good.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 06:22   Link #30
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Ah, forgot to post the staffs. Or more like, internet went MIA, and I'm leeching internet atm. *cough*

Source: Yaraon

Director: Kishi Seiji
Series Composition: Uezu Makoto
Character Designer: Morita Kazuaki
Animated Monokuma Design: Amisaki Ryouko
Production: Lerche

Stuffs:
- Uezu Makoto is also working with Kishi Seiji in DeSu2 anime as of the announcement.
- Kishi and Morita had worked together for Persona 4, Seto no Hanayome, Sunred and Carnival Phantasm.
- The staff team is composed mainly of... Carnival Phantasm and Fate/Prototype members.
- I have no idea why Monokuma has its own designer wwww

Don't know if it is confirmed atm, but highly probable.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 13:43   Link #31
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Monokuma has its own designer....>_>

What, they going to make it 3D or something? ww
Old 2012-12-08, 14:51   Link #32
marvelB

I guess Monobear is just so awesome that he deserves THAT much attention.

And honestly, more than anything, I'm wondering how the anime will handle the court scenes? They're the most unique experience of the games, after all. Heck, the series is even titled after the main feature of the trials (Danganronpa=something like "Bullet Debate" in Japanese).....
Old 2012-12-08, 16:37   Link #33
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

The problem with P4 for me wasn't Kishi but rather AIC. If A-1 had been the one producing P4 (...which they should have been) I think it would have been much better than it was. Instead we got derpy art and jerky animation that really limited Kishi's ability to direct. With a better, or at least wild card, studio here I'm hoping we can expect more from the quality department.
Old 2012-12-08, 16:44   Link #34
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Nothing to do with AIC but rather the budget they were given. P4 is a huge property so the production committee knew they'd make money regardless of how bad it looked.
That was hardly the only problem with the P4 anime either.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 20:02   Link #35
marvelB

Honestly, I wouldn't consider low-budget animation to be a big strike against a DR anime, considering the source material already had low-budget visuals in the first place. XD
Old 2012-12-09, 00:03   Link #36
Iron Maw
Banned

Ah, the game that always looked interesting, but we never got. Glad to see it's popular enough that it got an anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Anyway, since Dangan Ronpa is getting an anime, maybe Dangan Ronpa 2 will get one eventually as well? I would love to see that, too. I imagine that Dangan Ronpa's anime will get pretty popular. Sales will probably be good.
Quick question, do Dangan Ronpa games have continuous storylines or are they stand alone?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 00:35   Link #37
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Quick question, do Dangan Ronpa games have continuous storylines or are they stand alone?

Yeah, the games' plots connect with each other, so it's strongly recommended that you check out the original first before tackling the sequel. In fact, there's even a novel called Danganronpa Zero that serves as a prequel to the series which also ties things together with the games. So yeah, that should just about answer your question....
Old 2012-12-09, 23:55   Link #38
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The official site is up: http://www.geneonuniversal.jp/rondor...e/danganronpa/

Same cast as the games.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 11:40   Link #39
marvelB

Not really related to the anime, but.... I figured I should mention now that the LP translation for the sequel has already started (which I already linked to in the game's thread). Therefore, anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled on the series' plot needs to be even extra-vigilant from this point onward.....
Old 2012-12-11, 15:07   Link #40
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, the games' plots connect with each other, so it's strongly recommended that you check out the original first before tackling the sequel. In fact, there's even a novel called Danganronpa Zero that serves as a prequel to the series which also ties things together with the games. So yeah, that should just about answer your question....
That it did.

Sounds good. Hopefully if the show gainers enough attention we will see the second game animated especially since there will most likely be unresolved plot threads at end of the show.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote