AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-01, 00:09   Link #861
crazypeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
They've done a great job of showing that every time Yuno suggests something that sounds morally reprehensible, it turns out to be the correct course of action. Not that it absolves her of the questionable and occasionally downright evil things she demands Yukki do, it just means that Yukki is consistently punished for trying to do the right thing. I really want to believe that this is slowly going to turn Yukki into a reluctantly merciless cynic to rival Yuno... and I hope that's when the real tragedies begin.

I'm glad they at least tried to have it make sense that the Rei incident could happen without the entire world wondering what's going on with these two high school kids who leave bombed out buildings and mass graves in their wake. After all, this time it happened in their own house. Fourth apparently has the pull to shush what he can, and spin what he can't. For whose sake, though?

I don't like the bully's survival odds. Anyone who gives us a hope spot that Yukki could have a single friend in the world besides Yuno tends to end up dead. Sometimes after stabbing Yukki in the back.

This was another episode that worked fantastically, as long as you don't think too hard about the contrivances, and the scenes that no longer make sense after the reveal. The dogs showing up was great scene, and as soon as Hinata returned at the end, I got that Keyser Söze flashback moment of Mao saying "you're not going to be anything more than friends with Hinata.. I can't tell you why."

EDIT
Spoiler for Since I seem to do this every time Yuno goes Helter Skelter:
There are a lot of mysteries about Yuno and here is my guess. I think Yuno is some abnormal because she may have experienced the survival game. Wouldn't it be strange that Yuno seems to know Yuki a lot whereas Yuki only knows few about Yuno. You see, this survival game really tears people's heart and do harm to the competitors' thoughts, and that may explain why Yuno is so horrible and can always make correct decisions. I can not remember the precise ep that Yuki saw two or three corpse in Yuno's house. Deus said that Yuki changed the cause and effect. That's to say the corpses must have close relationship between Yuki and Yuno. I even suggest that the corpse might be Yuki and Yuno themselves!? How can a person change cause and effect? You see, to see someone himself/herself's dead body might be an explaination.

It is a pity to see that Yuki is betrayed once again. He always tries to believe others and he longs for friends. In this episode, we see another terrible side of Yuno:She doesn't like anybody to have close relationship with Yuki,even male friend... Well, I shall be mad if I 've got such a girlfriend(stalker)..I remembered that Yuno even planned to kill Yuki's Mom if his mum didn't accept their relationship....God...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
This must be what it's like for people who have read the manga watching people speculate about a show adapted from it.
I haven't read the manga and the reason why I draw this conclusion has something to do with my current avatar. There are quite a few similarities(If we compare Homura to Yuno and Madoka to Yuki....Les?haha) Actually it is just my speculation and I am looking foward to what will happen in the following story.

Last edited by crazypeter; 2011-12-01 at 06:05.
crazypeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 00:52   Link #862
Unknown Soldier
:D

This must be what it's like for people who have read the manga watching people speculate about a show adapted from it.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 01:51   Link #863
Marina2

Good thing about knowing what will happen in advance is that you can have fun reading other people speculations. :P while thinking "Man, this guy really good at guessing" or "LOL that's totally wrong"

Bad thing is that you can't have a fun speculation and disscussion with them :P

I would say next ep. will be the first one that is hard to predict the outcome of the current situation correctly.

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-12-01 at 02:02.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 09:42   Link #864
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Hearing Ishida's voice itself is as good a spoiler as any that he's a diary holder.

As to the bully, I actually dare to wager he'll live through most of it. So far they've not killed anyone with a name (yet). Even diary holders don't die, they just implode upon themselves and get black holed to another plane of existence.

That being said; shimapan.
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 10:04   Link #865
miketyson

Yeah, as a manga reader part of why I'm participating here is just to see what other people think up / guess at / figure out (or don't).

I feel like I missed out on that: I didn't read the manga until the whole thing was done (I borrowed the full set from a friend), and I read it start-to-finish in a single sitting (I didn't plan to do that, but I kept wanting to know what would happen next...).

Reading it that fast doesn't give you much chance to speculate or try to figure out what might happen next. Thus I'm really interested to see what the non-manga readers come up with each week, because I didn't get any of that kind of fun while I was reading it.

So please keep the speculations coming if you've got them.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 11:01   Link #866
klare

Akise as a diary holder and Hinata not dead are quite obvious, but Akise looks like competent enought to match up against Yuno

Yukki... how many times u gonna be like this? i guess Yuno will be busy saving him in the next eps
Old 2011-12-01, 11:56   Link #867
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
Hearing Ishida's voice itself is as good a spoiler as any that he's a diary holder.

As to the bully, I actually dare to wager he'll live through most of it. So far they've not killed anyone with a name (yet). Even diary holders don't die, they just implode upon themselves and get black holed to another plane of existence.
4th blew up after his throat was slit, but otherwise your observation is this far true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
That being said; shimapan.
... slutty tan and huge chest too
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:35   Link #868
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
4th blew up after his throat was slit, but otherwise your observation is this far true.
...4th? You mean 12th?
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 18:10   Link #869
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

This is my first time watching an ongoing adaption of a manga I've read, and I'm enjoying it!
It really is fun to see what the anime only fans think about what's going on~
Mirai Nikki can be predictable at times, but I'd say the biggest twist of all is a big kicker.

I'm actually amazed at a few speculations I've seen thus far.
I've never been good at speculating... Nice job, guys!

SIDENOTE: 9th is win
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 22:23   Link #870
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What Mirai Nikki executes the best is at how instills in the viewer expectations from what seemingly looks like a "normal" day for Yukiteru meeting with "normal" people. Then, his seemingly "normal" day is turned around the tables becoming into such a sick, sad mess. Worst of all, the seemingly not harmful characters that the protagonist thinks of trusting end up betraying him and be crushed like a helpless child.

Yukiteru's too much naive in the sense never comes to his mind that people are that bad or have malice. Look what happened with Sixth (Tsubaki) and what happened to him now with both Mao and Hinata.

What Kousaka and the others betrayed Yukiteru for can be read as a natural reaction for some and to many people. The school bombing tore apart their average and mundane lives and were thrown into live flesh to the horror of facing death for real. They were given option and thought not twice about handing Yuki over, because they wanted to survive and live.

I know sounds too farfetch'd or campy that explanation, but Kousaka and the others weren't diary holders that deliberately manipulated others to the full extent.

Most of the diary holders that Yuki has met have deliberately toyed with him. However, I should not be that abysmally harsh on them depending on the diary user. First of all, Yuki should be more wary of people, but since the poor boy always distanced himself from the people due to fearing he could be rejected by them, then it was a natural reaction for him feeling he truly made friends at the new school; turning the fresh leave for a fresh start.
But, as history repeats, his seemingly new "friends" turned the tables on him, and he fell down on knees with his naivety and hopes crushed, after going to great lengths to try and save them; I'm addressing to Nao and Hinatas' characters as examples in this episode.

The only constant in this game is Yuno much to Yuki's chagrin, dismay, and outrage, because her "hunches" and strategies have proven point for as much as Yuki hates to admit; she has saved his life several times, and Yuki's adapting to be at her company in order to survive the game, because he's afraid and he's just interested to return to his normal life. Furthermore, Yuki clearly attempts to draw the line when Yuno provides or proposes her practical and realistic solutions which always involve killing their foes for self-defense, or using civilian people as bait for them to escape and survive.
Moreover, Yuno's made herself clear to Yuki that she doesn't want to share him with anybody else or the world; Yuki's the world to her.
She couldn't care less about others, and she'll rage and will go postal not only against Yukis' enemies but against others that meddle between her and Yuki.

It was twistedly funny watching Yuno at the distance scribbling on the ground the characters to "DIE" addressed to all the people whom made friends with Yuki while letting outside her best joyful smile but pondering her thoughts inside with an icy monologue.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 02:07   Link #871
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
...4th? You mean 12th?
I snorted at this, imagining it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 04:06   Link #872
ookamigirl

First day at a new school...
At least Yukkii made some new friends.
Yuno was against the whole thing as usually..
That Aru guy looked suspicious, but the real surprise was something else entirely ^^"

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:36   Link #873
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
...4th? You mean 12th?
Yomotsu is the 12th, not 4th, I stand corrected; I just can not get used to the numbers.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 10:51   Link #874
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
Regarding Mirai Nikki's popularity from the inception of its manga and subsequent lack of doujins, could be westen buzz making it seem more popular than it actually is elsewhere and thus not getting enough perceived fan love in spite of perceived popularity.
Mirai Nikki manga sold over 3.5 million copies.

So no.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:44   Link #875
kitten320

This Akisa guy is definetly not normal diary user. For one he doesn't appear among diary holder sequence in both OP and ED but he is overshadowed in the ED, standing in the middle of all those spinning thingies.
He must be someone very important and unusual. Not just a diary holder.
Old 2011-12-02, 20:51   Link #876
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I just noticed this now,don't know if someone has mentioned this but episode 3 was basicly made by Production IG

It's directed and storyboarded by the director of Sengoku Basara and pretty much all key animation and in between animation was done by animators from IG.
Old 2011-12-03, 04:50   Link #877
Unknown Soldier
:D

Production I.G. staff appear in the credits for all episodes of the show. They've been helping out a lot, which is good. The animation quality of this show is very good considering it's budget probably isn't that big.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 21:25   Link #878
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That ending just took all suspension from me I just couldn't help but crack at the amusement park after getting hit by a bike.
Old 2011-12-03, 23:30   Link #879
Animexcel

I finished reading the manga because I couldn't wait to see how it all ended. It was pretty amazing and I'm wondering how the anime will finish this all the way.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 13:22   Link #880
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere