AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-09-05, 08:50   Link #981
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I happen to believe that Lion/Yasu is born physically male, but transgendered. And it just so happens that back in those days, it is not a well accepted phenomenon and that's what made her so upset.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:34   Link #982
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
I happen to believe that Lion/Yasu is born physically male, but transgendered. And it just so happens that back in those days, it is not a well accepted phenomenon and that's what made her so upset.
That may be the case (well, we'll never know for certain), but I find it hard to believe that Yasu's distress as depicted in ep 7 was solely caused by her being transgendered. Injuries from the fall from the cliff (if she really was that baby) definitely seemed to have a role in it all, as did revelations made to her by Genji/Nanjo/Kumasawa.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 11:40   Link #983
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

IMO, Virgilia appearing in EP3 was just one more clue pointing to Yasu. See:

Virgilia (Bice) passes her title willing to Beato (Kuwadorian Beatrice), and the title is the inherited by EVA (Yasu), who solved the epitaph and at first was pure and innocent, becoming cruel as the time passes.

Okay, I'm NOT saying Virgilia is Bice or that EVA is Yasu, but IMO their roles in EP3 foreshadow these events.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 19:30   Link #984
Asuka0NK

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
If Yasu is male, He loved Battler, Battler loved him back, George loved him back. Yeah , No I dont like Yaoi , thank you
Technically if Yasu is a male then it is only homosexual physically. Mentally it would be heterosexual because Shannon and Beatrice both identify as girls. There is a lot more involved when it comes to stuff like that. Though I like yaoi that is my own personal preference I do like Yasu as a female because of theories. But still you are lucky what you just said didn't get out on to Tumblr because I said something like this and so many fans chewed me out and it made me realize how offensive a comment like that can be. So I'm just saying that is very offensive to people who are trans and the like so I suggest you don't post stuff like that on the internet unless your ready to get your ass handed to you.

Quote:
Aura , this is fiction . I dont like Yaoi in fiction, I just don't like it, is there a problem with that? . Real life is different mmkay? I would never dare to say ew to a real trasngendered person, because it is none of my buiseness ... agh spelling..
It doesn't matter whether it is fiction or not. It is still offensive regardless. Like how calling a fictional black person the N word is just as offensive as calling a real black person the N word the only difference is that you don't get your ass kicked for your racism. It is a very serious issue and fictional or not is not acceptable. Trust me I am a homosexual and when people tell me "It's the internet your dumb for being offended by it" I want to punch them because it doesn't matter whether it is on the internet or not it is still offensive and still hurts my feelings. So even though you say it about a fictional character someone could still get their feelings hurt.

Sorry I just had to share my points on the issue.
Old 2012-09-06, 01:08   Link #985
battle22

Well now , I dont see anything offensive when saying my opinion about somthing, Did I say ew to trans People? I just said I do not like Yaoi. Hell I'm Bi , Does this mean I offended myself? This is a fiction which I am reading and I just stated my Opinion about Yaoi, I dont like it is there a problem with that? Stop making me look like the bully here, I didnt say anything wrong , Just stated my opinion. Jeez
Old 2012-09-06, 15:05   Link #986
Asuka0NK

Quote:
Well now , I dont see anything offensive when saying my opinion about somthing, Did I say ew to trans People? I just said I do not like Yaoi. Hell I'm Bi , Does this mean I offended myself? This is a fiction which I am reading and I just stated my Opinion about Yaoi, I dont like it is there a problem with that? Stop making me look like the bully here, I didnt say anything wrong , Just stated my opinion. Jeez
Oh no I understand what you said. I don't think it was offensive but I'm saying that there are people that can be offended by it.

I think it is because when you said that that you sounded that you don't like yaoi at all and are angry at the fact people like it. But I don't think it is.
Old 2012-09-06, 15:26   Link #987
battle22

I havent said anything about others , Just said about myself not likeing. Anyway Lets drop this XD If I was offensive to People , I apologize
Old 2012-09-06, 17:40   Link #988
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
You know all that is true about Kumasawa too, right?
Definitely, but Genji is always more highly regarded as the 'Ushiromiya Internal Affairs Agent'. Plus, he's the one taking care of everything, from taking the baby to a hospital in Nijima to helping it solve the Epitaph and taking it to Kinjo when it grows up.

I'm not saying Kumasawa isn't essential, all I'm saying is, she mostly changed diapers.

Quote:
...Also, why the hell is Kumasawa treated as a Beatrice in the fantasy narrative? That should've been MAJORLY important.
Probably because she's the first person to introduce Yasu to using a primitive form of 'magic'. Plus, Shannon always sees her as a 'mentor'.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 22:27   Link #989
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Probably because she's the first person to introduce Yasu to using a primitive form of 'magic'. Plus, Shannon always sees her as a 'mentor'.
She also spends the first few episodes stalking around watching scenes of sensitive information and making enigmatic commentary...

Which all stopped around the time Ryukishi claims he did some major rewrites. HMMMMMM.
Old 2012-09-07, 04:18   Link #990
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
She also spends the first few episodes stalking around watching scenes of sensitive information and making enigmatic commentary...

Which all stopped around the time Ryukishi claims he did some major rewrites. HMMMMMM.
Really? That's a first to me.

Well, that's just my impression (and also Ryukishi saying that if he's around still writing ten years from now, he might go and re-write Umineko all over from the start), that Umineko really took a different road from where it initially was intented. Maybe it has something to do with his best friend's death, but I think Umineko might have been a lot better (as a story and as a mystery) if that 180 degree rotation of its atmosphere had not occured in Chiru.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-09-07, 04:44   Link #991
Drifloon

I don't know about that...I thought that the story got a lot more interesting in Chiru. EP6 is the only Chiru arc that I wouldn't rank above all the question arcs. I'll admit that I'm in the minority there, but I think that that what Ryukishi ended up doing with Chiru was much more interesting than continuing with a standard murder mystery would have been. I can completely understand why people who spent years theorising about said mystery were disappointed, though.

Also, I'm pretty sure that those scenes with Kumasawa eavesdropping on things stopped about halfway through the first episode, didn't they? And I never found anything particularly mysterious about them.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 05:07   Link #992
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

They kept going for EP2 as well.
Old 2012-09-07, 07:43   Link #993
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
I don't know about that...I thought that the story got a lot more interesting in Chiru. EP6 is the only Chiru arc that I wouldn't rank above all the question arcs. I'll admit that I'm in the minority there, but I think that that what Ryukishi ended up doing with Chiru was much more interesting than continuing with a standard murder mystery would have been. I can completely understand why people who spent years theorising about said mystery were disappointed, though.
You are misunderstanding what I said. I also rank most Chiru Eps above the question arcs, and I'm not saying I don't like the change of atmosphere. I also spent a long, long, long time theorising, and wasn't disappointed in the least (EP6 might be one of my favorite EPs of the entire series), I'm simply pointing out that Chiru could have been a lot better if it had gone as originally planned (because there are hints everywhere that it didn't quite do so).

Then again, we'll never know.

Quote:
Also, I'm pretty sure that those scenes with Kumasawa eavesdropping on things stopped about halfway through the first episode, didn't they? And I never found anything particularly mysterious about them.
I think what Aura is saying here is that her character seems to have had some traits that were dropped after Ryukishi did some edits. Possibly, there could have been something about her that was completely different than the ideas that were actually taken into practice in the later EPs, which I totally agree with, I always found those scence a little out of place since they were never expanded into something actually relevant to the plot.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-09-07, 10:08   Link #994
RandomAvatarFan

Hmm... that's interesting that his "major rewrites" also correspond to the in-universe author switch. But don't forget that Kumasawa dies pretty early in EPs 3-4, but we do still have the "All I can do is watch," attitude by Virgilia in EP3.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 15:34   Link #995
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I'm pretty sure the in-universe author switch is part of his major rewrite, given that his intended EP3, "Land", would've been a Yasu writing.
Old 2012-09-07, 16:03   Link #996
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Hmm... that's interesting that his "major rewrites" also correspond to the in-universe author switch. But don't forget that Kumasawa dies pretty early in EPs 3-4, but we do still have the "All I can do is watch," attitude by Virgilia in EP3.
Kumasawa officially dies at the 9th twilight in Episode 4.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 20:29   Link #997
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the in-universe author switch is part of his major rewrite, given that his intended EP3, "Land", would've been a Yasu writing.
That was my point actually. Actually not really. I understand Land was going to be a Yasu writing, but the fact that when he rewrote EP3, all of a sudden it's a different author writing it instead; that's what I thought was interesting.

Oh that is true about Kumasawa's EP4 death. But honestly it is hard to tell because half the stakes weren't placed in right, and honestly the time and order of the deaths were so confusing.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.

Last edited by RandomAvatarFan; 2012-09-07 at 20:44.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 22:39   Link #998
Used Can

So, how's the manga for Requiem going? Has Yasu shown up already? If she did, did she get a design? If she did, what did she look like?
Old 2012-10-04, 10:12   Link #999
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
So, how's the manga for Requiem going? Has Yasu shown up already? If she did, did she get a design? If she did, what did she look like?
Technically yes, Yasu should have showed up as the manga is starting to cover Yasu's arrival to Rokkenjima but so far I hadn't had the chance to see those chaps of Ep 7 yet.
If I'm not wrong in the spoiler threat someone had posted a preview picture he/she found and that shows a bunch of maids among which there can be Yasu... though we've no idea if Yasu is among the maid showed or the picture is taken from Yasu's perspective, showing what Yasu's seeing.

Last edited by jjblue1; 2012-10-16 at 16:39.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 10:33   Link #1000
battle22

Finally , I got the VOLUME 1 It's Hugeee lol and Beautiful

Tags
seinen, shounen