AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-06-21, 23:00   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Valvrave the Liberator - General Character Discussion Thread

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things General Character related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Valvrave the Liberator fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 02:25   Link #2
zztop

If everything goes well, I'm hoping the writers will shed more light on Akira Renbukoji and her past. I'm intrigued whether her intense agoraphobia(bordering on hysteria) is just another personality quirk, or if it was due to a more traumatic event in her past.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 13:29   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

There's some secondary characters in this anime that attracts me into light: Marie Nobi is a loli with a very understanding and mature spirit compared to most other students. While she doesn't get enough screentime, her being Shoko's best friend, loves to mess people just for the sheer sake of fun, and as a boke, Marie also likes to tease on anyone, for example when she groped on Rion's breasts, it isn't made for the fact that she's a pervert, but rather here to made fun of sexual harassment, and I can understand what she says or thinks, though she can act manipulative at times. If she doesn't die next time, I hoped for her to get some more screentime.
Akira Renbokouji is pretty much the realistic portrayal of Japanese shut-ins known as "hikikomori", she had a strong fear over communicating anyone. However, thanks to Shoko, she develops her relationship with her even though she still isn't ready for overcoming her own problems. I'm looking forward to see her being the potential pilot of VVV VI, and they should explore more about her past and how she is staying away from her brother due to various circumstances.
Takahi is an awesome oujosama, and I always feared for her to die, even though she's getting a bit more screentime than I expected, at least for the recent events, and Satomi is a pretty nice guy despite being embarassed in certain scenes, however I can't say anything much about the rest of the secondary cast yet.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 19:19   Link #4
shadow1296

valvrave character chart
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-26, 23:14   Link #5
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So whats Takahi's relationship to Satomi?

L-elf's relationships with other characters is probably the most interesting though, because he doesn't nearly get as much backstory as Haruto.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 23:19   Link #6
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So whats Takahi's relationship to Satomi?
It just says "classmates".
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 23:29   Link #7
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol that was anti-climactic, for her flaunting first name status to that other student council girl who likes Satomi, that's all that comes down to? I was expecting something crazy like 'arranged fiance' or something. XD

Thanks though!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 23:39   Link #8
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I am anticipating a massacring of many students, so be prepare for your favorite support character to kick the bucket.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 23:45   Link #9
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Satomi and Takahi both have a vague "high society" feel to them. They both like efficient order and structure. Given that and their similar hair color/eye color, I spent the first few episodes of this anime thinking that they were siblings. They certainly could pass a lot more easily for siblings than Satomi and Akira could, and those two actually are siblings (Akira and Satomi are so wildly different from each other, that I can barely imagine what their parents are like... now that I think about it, I wonder if Akira is an adoptive sister to Satomi rather than a biological one).

Satomi and Takahi have some fondness for each other because they're a lot alike. However, I think Takahi would prefer it if Satomi had just a bit more iron to himself. A bit more strength. Not a badass, but someone that exudes confidence. I think that's the main thing holding back a romance between them, as Satomi did try to kiss Takahi once.
Old 2013-06-30, 04:04   Link #10
chi4ko
Astronaut

Thumbs down

I wonder what made A-Drei think that he and L-Elf are best friends. L-Elf just ignores him and doesn't give a second thought to his plans of revolution. I feel sorry for A-Drei. It seems that L-Elf thought of him as merely a tool and when a better one showed up (Haruto), he betrayed him and didn't even bother to offer an explanation. I really hope L-Elf will receive a comeuppance for this and in the most twisted way possible. In the last episode L-Elf just became the anti-hero of this story to me.
chi4ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 04:51   Link #11
~BC~

L-Elf may have befriended him at Cain's behest. Or maybe A-Drei was desperate for a friend and deludes himself about their relationship. At the very least L-Elf has no interest in killing him; so that's something at least.

Given the implications of Cain's dialogue I'd give L-Elf a bit of a break. Poor guy has so much of his mentor ingrained in him (whether he realizes it or not).
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 09:34   Link #12
Fjoergyn

A-drei seems more obsessed with the L-Elf that a true friendship, for now L-elf does not seem to want in their plans and must be for something, not to judge their motives without knowing of its revolution
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 10:22   Link #13
Irenesharda

I think they are friends to a degree, but L-elf seems to handle friendship in a different way from A-drei. It probably has to deal with how each grew up and their personalities. How L-elf doesn't show his emotions even half as much as A-drei.

There are several times that L-elf could have killed A-drei, but didn't. Even as recently as this last episode, L-11 we know is stronger and a better fighter than A-drei, and even a pointed gun at him has proven to be not that much of an obstacle. Yet, while escaping Cain and then confronted by A-drei, he doesn't fight him, but instead let's himself be taken into custody.

So I think he cares for A-drei to a degree, the guy was probably the closest thing he had to a friend while in the Karlstein Institut and later in the special forces group, he doesn't seem to be at all close to any of the others. Also, if A-drei is Lisolette's brother, he probably feels a slight connection of familiarity with him.

BTW, we see that L-elf has no trouble getting out of handcuffs, so really, all that flack we gave the ARUS soldiers for only tying him up with rope was for nothing. Rope, belt restraints, handcuffs, it doesn't matter how you restrain this guy, he still somehow finds a way out of it!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 10:28   Link #14
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

A-drei, a friend? A friend don't tried to take the eye of a another friend you know.
Old 2013-06-30, 11:07   Link #15
Fjoergyn

A-drei think it was L-Elf who shot the eye, but we all know that was haruto while controlling your body.
Old 2013-07-21, 20:16   Link #16
~BC~

Responding to Key Board from the Shoko thread to avoid derailing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~
Much like with Shoko I find the Lieselotte is going to die (because she's L-Elf's light) speculation boring as hell. There's so much more interesting possibilities for the plot if the character stays alive in my opinion; especially if it turns out that she isn't as sweet and innocent as fandom seems to believe.

Well.. can't Lieselotte be both?

She's no longer the person he thought she was and then she dies.. eventually
I guess I could deal with such a development but I'd like to see her stick around as another POV character for the Dorssia side. Along with A-Drei and possibly H-Neun (if he's connected to the King's faction as speculated).

Quote:
speaking of which, does Lieselotte even remember L-Elf? I had the impression he was sent to Karlstein soon after and they stopped being in contact. That picture he has of her was moldy. If they were close, then he why couldn't he get an updated picture? It's either he was not allowed to contact her, or everything that goes to him was confiscated.

Both imply that they are not in contact

wouldn't it be ironic if L-Elf is treating her the way A-Drei is treating him?

ie: making a lot of one-sided assumptions about the other person
That'd be pretty tragic. L-Elf being like A-Drei.

I think it'd have to be some special circumstances for Lieselotte to forget the young boy who threatened her life. Perhaps being under so much duress since then that she no longer remembers her younger innocent days. Or maybe they introduce compulsion as a Magius ability and it turns out her memory of it was wiped or the whole encounter was made up.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 22:29   Link #17
Key Board
Carbon

well my point is this..

Lieselotte and L-Elf are acquaintances

but are they friends?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 22:58   Link #18
Kurohane

That's the million dollar question isn't it? All we know is that he cares for her deeply and a line in the preview that could be hers. This is set up just like the Asura Cryin anime, with a question season and an answer season. Also, I believe two dimensions are involved as well.
Old 2013-07-21, 23:44   Link #19
Key Board
Carbon

not sure if I want that
it's already complicated enough with one dimension and timeline
in Asura Cryin, multi dimensions is the basis of the world setting.
But in Valvrave we don't have that.

Edit: The next part of the A-Drei sidestory manga has appeared online. It really does not seem to me, if L-Elf would be allowed to contact Lieselotte and vice versa.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 11:20   Link #20
Fjoergyn

The story of the princess is something that should be treated differently when it is displayed childhood L-11 will know if they were as good friends as we thought. He grew up and I do not think it is still the same sweet and naive girl.

Tags
characters