AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 02:03   Link #5261
LostSome

Vandin were about to destroy her with the rest... Not important.
Cypha`s main concern was Thoma and Lily was in her way. Not important.
Sorry Lily, you`re just extra luggage.

I don`t remember anything about the experiment with Lily being link to Zero Driver.
The whole attack on the village by the extras was with that in mind, but for Lily ?
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 02:13   Link #5262
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Vandin were about to destroy her with the rest... Not important.
the only reason they were about to destroy her was because of Tohma's meddling in freeing her from the lab, by that point tohma was a nobody for Vandin but also a witness of their experiments so they decided to fry the boy alongside Lily to avoid problems. fortunately, Tohma posses a pretty powerfull protection spell that saved both.

Quote:
Cypha`s main concern was Thoma and Lily was in her way. Not important.
Sorry Lily, you`re just extra luggage.
And because of her douchey tendencies, Cypha overlooked the potential of taking Lily with them. Other Huckebeins called on her for that.

Quote:
I don`t remember anything about the experiment with Lily being link to Zero Driver.
Mentioned/Implied during Lily's flashbacks as the lab guys make various attempts to "engage" test subjects with her.

Quote:
The whole attack on the village by the extras was with that in mind, but for Lily ?
Their possible reaction after having lost lily. Or an alternative way of searching for new eclipse drivers while at the same time blaming the Huckebein and also raising the fear on the TSAB to push them into buying Caledfwich stuff.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 02:28   Link #5263
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Protection spell isn't what saved them. Lily Engaging Touma and causing him to React is what saved them.
Old 2012-01-11, 02:30   Link #5264
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Protection spell isn't what saved them. Lily Engaging Touma and causing him to React is what saved them.
I need to read the chapter again but i'll believe you for now because it sounds plausible.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-11, 02:44   Link #5265
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
the only reason they were about to destroy her was because of Tohma's meddling in freeing her from the lab, by that point tohma was a nobody for Vandin but also a witness of their experiments so they decided to fry the boy alongside Lily to avoid problems. fortunately, Tohma posses a pretty powerfull protection spell that saved both.
They were about to get rid of her because she was a failure and make new modifications to the Silver Cross.
But Thoma changed all that.
Thinking about that, I think Thoma`s a copy or a later model.

Quote:
And because of her douchey tendencies, Cypha overlooked the potential of taking Lily with them. Other Huckebeins called on her for that.
Your opinion on Cypha is not a fact. So I`ll pass on that.
Besides, Arnage wanted Lily because she could have been someone important to Thoma.

Quote:
Mentioned/Implied during Lily's flashbacks as the lab guys make various attempts to "engage" test subjects with her.
No mention of only a Zero could do it.
The 5th could do it with a nobody.

I think we need a new chapter because we are talking of chapter 1 again.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 02:45   Link #5266
rxrx

Rising Dragon is right. Touma survived because of reacting with Lily, thus becoming an Eclipse Zombie.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 02:50   Link #5267
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
They were about to get rid of her because she was a failure and make new modifications to the Silver Cross.
But Thoma changed all that.
Source? and by the way, was the union of Tohma and lily what saved them, without her, Tohma probably coul've survived barely with his Fire Protection spell.

Quote:
Your opinion on Cypha is not a fact. So I`ll pass on that.
Don't change the fact that she behaves like a douche, tough xD

Quote:
Besides, Arnage wanted Lily because she could have been someone important to Thoma.
Right, but unlike Cypha, Curren, fortis and Veyron seem to suspect there's something important around her.

Quote:
No mention of only a Zero could do it.
The 5th could do it with a nobody.
Maybe an improvement over 4th who could only react with a Zero Driver?

Quote:
Blame the artist xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-12, 09:14   Link #5268
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
Blame the artist xD
I myself blame the lack of translations. But then, I seem to be the only one who still makes use of such things, so I'm always ten miles behind any conversation here. I still have a VCR and drawers full of floppy disks, too.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 09:39   Link #5269
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
I myself blame the lack of translations. But then, I seem to be the only one who still makes use of such things, so I'm always ten miles behind any conversation here. I still have a VCR and drawers full of floppy disks, too.
I think you will find that many people don't let the fact that they can't read the latest chapters stop them from discussing it as if they understand what it says based only on looking at the images and reading the summaries others post.
Old 2012-01-12, 11:36   Link #5270
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

My knowledge of the Japanese written language amounts to a flat zero, so I'm pretty much relying on translations and whatever snippets are translated and summarized too.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 13:31   Link #5271
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Hey! having such collection articles is pretty cool and those can be usefull sometimes(specially the VCR), be proud my friend, be proud of your old devices. *Holds up his box of old VCR tapes with pride*(no, really i have tons of VCR tapes i've recorded as a kid xD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think you will find that many people don't let the fact that they can't read the latest chapters stop them from discussing it as if they understand what it says based only on looking at the images and reading the summaries others post.
To be fair i also relly on the spanish translators who are pretty quick and enthusiastic in translating chapters in a radio of one or two weeks after it's release xD! (i've even got credited on Ch. 20 for helping with RAW searching xD).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-12, 14:15   Link #5272
Justin_Brett

Given how in-depth those summaries tend to be, I think that's pretty fair. It's not like they're a japanese babelfish translation or anything equally incomprehensible.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 20:41   Link #5273
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
The reason of why there wasn't a new chapter probably have something to do with the release of The MOVIE 2nd A's Sound Stages as the Side-Y focused on the Force era seems to be placed somewhen between Ch. 20 and the future conflict adn thus advancing the plot will spoil things beyond the content of the CD.

Hopefully we will have Chapter 21 and see what happens with The Huckebein Family Show xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-12, 21:04   Link #5274
rxrx

For the sound stage of Force, it shows mainly how the Wolken expect Vita are bonding with Touma, Lily and Isis. They note that the three coming across each other is very alike to them meeting Hayate, with Signum asking Touma in the end if he have ever thought of how life would be if he have not met Lily.

He says he might have a good life living as a Nakajima but will feel empty somewhere as he will not know the truth of the village slaughtered and can never do anything about it. Besides, he despite the crap he have been through, he likes his life now and ends it there on a good note with the Wolken without Vita.
Old 2012-01-12, 21:09   Link #5275
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Can't blame Vita for taking a longer time to approach to Tohma, the boy is very suspicious.

Ironically, what prevented Signum from doing the same was the can of whoppass that Cypha opened on her as that provoked the Knight of the Sword to feel in debt with Tohma and Lily because of her failure at saving them.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-12, 21:12   Link #5276
rxrx

Yep. Signum actually is shown to have a good relationship with Touma, Lily and Isis. So is Zaffy and Shamal the doctor. Vita's personality is more of a drill seargent type which is hard to get close to, though you can respect her which is what Touma does. Even Rein Zwei is close to the trio. The really odd one out? Commander Yagami. But considering her post, you can't really blame her.
Old 2012-01-12, 21:17   Link #5277
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

That will make very interesting as i want to see what descicion Hayate, Vita or Signum will take if Tsuzuki ever allows one of them to have a Huckebein at their mercy. Hayate seems to be very understandably unforgetfull towards The Huckebein family xD!

Meta question: The Huckebein family is called "Huckebein Kazoku" in japanese? Or there is a more "serious" or "rude" term for family than "kazoku"?

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-12, 21:19   Link #5278
rxrx

Think of it in Yakuza terms.

Oh, and what will they do? Arrest them only as they are professional and Hayate is not one to remember grudges. Vita might be the only one who might get overboard.
Old 2012-01-12, 21:26   Link #5279
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Think of it in Yakuza terms.
"Huckebein no Yakuza" then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Oh, and what will they do? Arrest them only as they are professional and Hayate is not one to remember grudges. Vita might be the only one who might get overboard.
Well, of course but i mean if they gonna get vicious when they recover the upperhand.

About Hayate, i know she's someone that usually don't hold gruges and that's presicely what makes this more outstanding. So far on anything related to the Huckebein family she seems to behave pretty serious and even seems to be bitter everytime Curren makes one of her troll calls to Section Six. We're already 20 chapters into the story and Hayate hasn't make any funny face, tsukkomi routine or even a snarky comment. So yeah, i can say that Curren and the Huckebein really managed to touch a nerve.

Wonder if Signum ever gonna have the chance to have the upperhand against a Huckebein but in the case she's allowed to do it. It'll be interesting what kind of behavior she will sport now that she oppenly admitted to Tohma that she indeed feels shame and remorse for screwing up in front of Cypha.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-12, 21:32   Link #5280
rxrx

Err, what I mean is that the yika, and it is used by Yakuza. You know XXX family type.

And Hayate? Give her a break as she got stabbed and is still recovering. Besides, Curren is currently looping her into a trap and Hayate has to walk a thin line less people in TSAB starts to doubt her or even accuse her of working with the enemy. She is building on a lot of stress you see.

Unless you have a way to deal with the virus, the best bet the Special Force 6 have in fighting against them are Touma, Isis and the Strike Cannons, and all are loose cannons so far. Of course, you can take the easy option of threatening Touma's family and friends to force him to use Divide Zero Eclipse again but then there is no fun right?

Tags
manga, nanoha force