AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-20, 16:43   Link #861
tsunade666

At first when I saw She e in the school I think he turned him down but it looks to me from his speech about great adventure and right decision that he agrees to help Gai.
Old 2011-10-20, 16:44   Link #862
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Because the international organization is evil, so they need to be seen doing evil things like abusing women to reinforce how evil they are and how imperative it is for the flashy, clever, scrappy Team Good Guys™ to win the day.

Because there's not really a much more sophisticated or enlightened way to portray a complex geopolitical conflict.
I remember a war story about a certain "peace keeper army" going overboard and even humiliating/murdering certain civilians in cold blood. In the context of the real world that's probably just typical soldiers going slightly psychopathic because of the imminent fear of death each day, along with warped sense of reality and what they can and should not do. That's just one glaring example in recent memory but this is nothing new. In the show, well it probably is a reference to that going by how everything else seems to be a reference too, but instead of a deep psychological warzone psychological issues it's just typical Bad Guys™ motif.
Old 2011-10-20, 16:46   Link #863
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
At first when I saw She e in the school I think he turned him down but it looks to me from his speech about great adventure and right decision that he agrees to help Gai.
He stated clearly he refused the offer.

What surprised me in that scene is that I thought Inori was a famous singer yet it seems nobody in the classroom recognized her.
Old 2011-10-20, 16:47   Link #864
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

What surprised me in that scene is that I thought Inori was a famous singer yet it seems nobody in the classroom recognized her.
She's in plot-disguise.
Old 2011-10-20, 16:51   Link #865
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:

You sure she is famous? seems like low-hit-in-youtube actress to me.
Old 2011-10-20, 17:02   Link #866
Jarmel

Quote:

Well we never fully saw the classes reaction as they might not have associated her with Inori auctomatically. They might show that in the next episode. Also we don't know if she's that famous of a singer, Youtube and CG effects can go a long way.

One thing I found interesting was that there are three vials of the Genome stuff. It's given that all three are going to be used. Which means he's going to run into two other Void users. I can see the writers using one on Gai and there being a showdown between the two based off of the looks in the OP at 0:44 and 0:45.

Two things I found as bullshit. How did they know exactly where Daryl was? Then the Kaleidoscope gun. The second one the producers said would be answered in episode 3 so I'll hold off on that.

Anyway I hated HATED the blantant fanservice. Also strongly disliked how they had to use a kick the puppy moment to make the villains. Why is it so damn hard to write characters that aren't blantly evil?

Now to the favorite part of the episode, the OP. I liked how they used his friends and people around him as cards, kinda like he has to choose the right card at the right time. If they go the route I'm hoping they do, then this will take some of the best parts of Code Geass, mainly Shu manipulating people in order to use them. Such as buttering up to somebody so he could use his Void power on them at the right time.

Speculation time: Gai definitely knew Shouma as a kid and knew the other girl. Gai is holding the rosary that the pink haired girl had in the OP at 1:21.

It also makes sense considering the way he was talking to Shouma on the roof.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 17:05   Link #867
tsunade666

More like a net idol. Unless you live your life in front of your computer or someone you knew liKes to browse in the net. Then probably you won't know her.
Old 2011-10-20, 17:30   Link #868
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Gai would need to die for that to happen I think, but I also don't think Gai is the Kamina type character. He seems more like the anti-hero with his own agenda who might or might not end up being the last boss type character.
Well I didn't necessarily mean it will be the exact same story. Just that an event will change Shu into a stronger character. At least I hope so, it's what the character really needs.

Although one problem is I enjoy Tetsuya Kakihara a bit more than Yuuki Kaji .
Old 2011-10-20, 17:32   Link #869
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Just that an event will change Shu into a stronger character.
Inori will make a man of out him. Just you wait and see.

Quote:

If Clark Kent can disguise himself by wearing a pair of reading glasses, I think Inori can get away with disgusing herself by wearing a school uniform.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2011-10-20 at 17:52.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 17:40   Link #870
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Am I the only one who really liked the opening, vocals and all?

I thought it was a good episode. It gave off more of a Code Geass feel, and the animation is still godly. The only thing I didn't like was Inori becoming a transfer student at the end, which I felt was kind of cliched.
Old 2011-10-20, 17:41   Link #871
Nerroth
NePoi!

There's another 4koma up on the JP site.
Old 2011-10-20, 17:46   Link #872
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
It's because Shu turned Gai down. So he sent the sex object to melt Shu's brain into re-thinking his rejection of Funeral Parlor.
A great strategy, indeed ...

About the op, I don't like the song at all and I don't find Inori voice great...

Other than that, this episode was great. Good action and all. But dman, it really lokks like CG with the king's power and all My fav charcter is the girl with the blue hair and the cat ears.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 18:35   Link #873
Jarmel

Oh and the full version of the OP is very good IMO. Not a fan of the way they edited the song for the OP. Ryo is an amazing composer.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 18:46   Link #874
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Another great episode, though I could do without the Inori-related fanservice. She's not even that goodlooking.

And the OP is perfect for this show in my opinion. Great lyrics, vocals, and visuals.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 18:49   Link #875
iceyfw

GEE WILLIKERS, gai! you should have asked if shu had the void genome and just take it from him the moment you guys met face to face. what blatant writing.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 19:20   Link #876
Elestia

I'm actually quite pleased that Shu refused Gai in his offer to join the resistance. At the very least Shu isn't one to let the flow of events make the decisions for him. But of course gaining god like powers makes everyone covet his abilities. Sending Inori to his high school is proof that Gai isn't just about to give up on his powers.
Old 2011-10-20, 19:31   Link #877
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

When I saw the OP, my first thought was "Huh. It looks like he is flying around holding onto a giant phallus." Not to mention when he pulled the weapon they just happened to need against the lasers, it looked like he was violating that guy .

Ayase and Inori have seem to have an odd thing of seeking Gai's approval. I'd like to see if he's the type to take advantage of people who have issues or if there's a reason they genuinely want to seek his approval.

I hope they get around to explaining why Undertaker has stealth tech and so much materiel, but I probably shouldn't be surprised if there turns out to be a parallel faction to the Kyoto faction in CG that's supporting the resistance behind the scenes.

Though I feel like I have to gripe that it is incredibly odd that Shu didn't seem to feel repercussions from essentially being the one who killed (?) a bunch of GHQ guys or mech operators using their own lasers, especially given how sensitive he was to people he knows approaching him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
In Gai's organization it looks like the Ruri look alike character is the technician or something because she's the one handling the machines and while she's into it she presents a good fan service and even a good ass fans service.
Ayanyan got an cat-eared Azunyan look-alike to play, haha.

edit: And.. wtf. They can afford personal stealth, but need to use piano wire?

Last edited by Decagon; 2011-10-20 at 19:35. Reason: ed
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 19:34   Link #878
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
GEE WILLIKERS, gai! you should have asked if shu had the void genome and just take it from him the moment you guys met face to face. what blatant writing.
Yeah, that left me scratching my head as well, but then we wouldn't have had an episode two...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 19:36   Link #879
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I liked this episode a bit more than episode 1. Maybe now that I know what to expect I was able to enjoy it in a different way. It was genuinely entertaining to a degree.

That being said, I still had some issues. The gratuitous, and completely unsubtle fanservice became quite distracting in a few scenes. I get it, there are some sexy female character designs, but I thought this show wasn't a goddamn ecchi affair.

Second, Shu's character still is ill explained. I don't get why he would refuse Gai's hand at that scene considering he just randomly decided to help them in that operation. His actions are riddled in contradiction. And this has nothing to do with being indecisive as well. He's going to plague this show, not just because I don't find him to be that compelling of a hero so far, but because the writing is leaving him hanging out extremely dry.

Lastly, the villains just plain suck. Show is playing itself way too black and white, making the antagonists so far really uninteresting. Gai is providing the foil to Shu's character so far, so hopefully he helps him develop him more, but unless Gai turns into an antagonist anytime soon, the premise of the show won't really be all that compelling. Shows like these really, really need better antagonists that what we are seeing so far. I hope they give us one soon.

The OP was kinda meh. I was disappointed to hear a kinda distorted melody that was very choppy, plus the singer isn't that great.

Overall, I still enjoyed this episode, but not much more than episode 1. This show still has to convince me that its production values are not going to be the main thing holding up this show.

Edit: Some good points in this episode were the action scenes, the flow of the episode (Scene transitioning), and of course the production values. Liked the integration of the OST much more.

Last edited by Reckoner; 2011-10-20 at 21:20.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 19:43   Link #880
AzureWrath

OK, as a science major, I have a couple of things to pick. ..
First, you can't just use a genome (a (complete) set of DNA). It seems to me that our protag Shu just absorbed a genome and all was well. This just can't be the way it goes. If this happens, then every time we eat, we would be changing our DNA with the inclusion of whatever we just ate.

Second, you need a vector of some sort to add a genome to existing cells. In bacteria, this can be done thru conjugation or plasmids or such. Hell, even in Bioshock, they tried to explain the ability to use superpowers by way of a plasmid that could be inserted into the human genome.

Third, your immune system would probably reject the foreign substance instantly. This would be quite bad for our protag....

Anyway, I'll skip the plot points that confused me (how did he know what would come out of that guy?) and go on to random questions.

1. Can Shu use more than one void at a time? He seems to have dropped Inori's when he picked up the gun thing.
2. Does the weapon have to go back to the owner before they wake up? Inori seemed to have absorbed back the weapon. If this is true, didn't they just kill that guy?
3. I can see a game coming out for this. Upgrade your friends for better weapons!

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig