AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-04, 09:22   Link #221
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Both Volume 1 and Volume 1 + Boxset are available for preorder at retailers.

Disgaea Volume 1 - The Netherworld Prince, release date 19th December 2006, 100 minutes.
DVDPacific $18.61
Amazon $26.99

Disgaea Volume 1 - The Netherworld Prince (with Collectors Box), release date 19th December 2006, 100 minutes.
DVDPacific $24.82
Amazon $29.99

The retail price for the DVD is $30 and as expected it's under $19 from DVDPacific. The Amazon price seem a bit high at the moment, only 10% off, normally you see 25% discount. Not that it matters, I'll be getting the boxset from DVDPacific as usual

Wonder if there will be any extra included with the boxset?
Old 2006-12-15, 03:01   Link #222
Flame-X
Anti-fan

i just finished watching the series, overall not bad... the animation quality could've been better. =\
Old 2006-12-28, 14:13   Link #223
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
They pushed the date back to early January, those Geneon bitches. >=[
Old 2007-10-21, 22:17   Link #224
Frodo

too bad its only 12 eps long = / kinda wish it was loner =/ =/
Old 2007-10-22, 11:46   Link #225
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I liked it but the first disk is pretty bad. The 2nd and 3rd fix it but the 1st was just a hack job.

Though in the dub I wish they did Midboss better. He was great in Japanese but he didn't have the same presence in the Dub.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-10-22, 12:00   Link #226
Jeiku

I've never played the original game (yet, although I do own it), but I've read so much up about it that it sounded so incredibly exciting and witty. Even when I watched the promo trailer, I was blown away by how vibrant it looked - how fluid each character moved, and how dropdead sexy the battle between Laharl and Mid-Boss looked. I even swore that these were actual scenes taken from the series itself.

When the show finally premiered... what did we get? Incomplete-looking artwork. Half-assed animation. Terrible filler gags. Lame boss battles that never last for more than 10 seconds - if they ever happened at all. And I hated how they opted to use one particular ending over the canon one. Whatever I had read up about the original game I didn't see in this anime adaptation - not because I expected to be just like the game, but because I expected it to be just like how I saw it in the trailer. Even judging it as a show by itself, it was a travesty.
Old 2009-12-07, 13:01   Link #227
tyciol
*Artist

It does not seem like there has been subsequent seasons of this anime, but based on the multiple endings and secret missions in the original game (and expansion in 'Afternoon of Darkness' remake for the PSP) not to mention the sequels others have mentioned (can't comment since haven't played) we can always hold out hope that there will be enough garnered interest for additional anime.

It's not just Disgaea either, the 2 secret females in the game for example, had their own games, and Laharl and Etna are guest characters in other games which I found out on the Disgaea wikia.
Closed Thread