AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-26, 15:00   Link #1
BlackShinobi07

[Manga] Could This Be Why Sasuke Outshines Naruto?

You know, I read somewhere that when Kishi was growing up his childhood was very similar to Narutos. As we all know Naruto is not too bright, talented, popular with the girls, or not skilled at anything. He strives on hardwork and the will to never give up. Sasuke ,on the other hand, is the complete opposite, being extraordinarily gifted in every ninja skill with a genius level intellect, loved by almost every female his age in the Naruto Universe (except Hinata ofcourse), and has a bloodline limit that damn near makes him a diety, and is, after to his brother, one of the coolest anime characters there are.

Maybe Kishi created Sasuke as the person he wishes he was as child. Sasuke is perhaps the person Kishi desires to be even today, and for that reason Sasuke is one the best and most powerful characters in the manga. I could understand why Kishi would create someone that embodies who he is ,or was, in Narutos character (thats probably why Narutos the titular character), but Sasuke is probably the person Kishi wants to be regarding reputation, skill, and dominance.

(Just be clear, im not talking about Sasukes past or his current goal in the manga in relation to Kishi, but instead Sasukes overall attitude and demeanor in relation to how Kishi would want to or hope to be).

What do you guys think? Is Masashi Kishimoto living out his dreams and desires through Sasuke Uchiha? It would explain a lot it terms of Sasuke current status in the manga, as well as his popularity among fans.

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-07-26 at 16:20.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 15:01   Link #2
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

No. No. And um? no.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 15:27   Link #3
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Is Kishimoto living vicariously through Sasuke? Maybe. There's someone behind the character... who better than the creator himself.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 16:53   Link #4
reloaded
skywalker

I doubt thats the case, in some animes you have seemingly cooler characters who outshine the main character for a while like Kai in Beyblade and Enzan in megaman. Its those characters that seem cooler but always finish second behind the main one, I think this is the case with Sasuke in Naruto.....hes just one of those characters. I doubt its tied in with Kishimoto's childhood or anything.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 16:57   Link #5
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well...nobody wants to be a nobody right? No matter how you are people will always fantasy about greater things.

Strong --> Stronger
Bright --> Brighter
Rich --> Richer
etc. etc.
Old 2007-07-26, 17:38   Link #6
Kowai

i think sasuke i what everyone wants to be, strong talented and good with the ladies. who can argue that?
Kowai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 19:30   Link #7
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
sasuke = money.

build up a money machine and people will buy and buy.
Old 2007-07-26, 19:44   Link #8
7thFonon
seventh

I wouldn't want to be like Sasuke, he is a traitor who would betray his own friends and country for his personal benefit.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 20:48   Link #9
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
people wouldnt want to be sasuke, but they do sasuke moves.....who here really is selfless?
Old 2007-07-26, 20:49   Link #10
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Well, I don't think Kishi sits on his huge piles of money everyday and wishes he could be more like Sasuke.

Maybe the character is a kind of wish fufillment in a way. I'm sure when Siegel created Superman he thought it'd be cool if he could lift cars over his head and leap tall buildings in a single bound. And I wouldn't be surprised if Bob Kane at some point in his life wished he was a handsome billionaire playboy who also happened to be one of the world's greatest detectives when he created Batman.

But those are just childhood dreams. And they're dreams that most children and teens can identify with, which is why the characters are so popular anyway. Naruto and Sasuke are probably both aspects of what Kishi imagined he could be as a kid. However, he's not trying to live his life through Sasuke by making him powerful. He's just giving him attention because he is a main character and is also one of the most popular
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 13:19   Link #11
quater
Kazekage Q

If I Honestly had to pick out a character that I would want to be it Would probably be Kakashi not Sasuke. And maybe the writer is doing that but so what? Their is a cool strong and smart character in every series like Sasuke and it makes it easier for us to relate. Plus he is a good character to have.
quater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 15:23   Link #12
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
I doubt thats the case, in some animes you have seemingly cooler characters who outshine the main character for a while like Kai in Beyblade and Enzan in megaman. Its those characters that seem cooler but always finish second behind the main one, I think this is the case with Sasuke in Naruto.....hes just one of those characters. I doubt its tied in with Kishimoto's childhood or anything.
This, and also because at the moment kishimoto, through his own admission in an interview, finds sasuke a far more intriguing character.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 16:51   Link #13
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
I kind of think that if Kishimoto was like Naruto, then wouldn't he hate sameone like Sasuke, seeing as he is much more popular, smarter and famous then Naruto?
I think that in a way, he might be trying to prove something like - you don't have to have talent, come from a rich family or be popular, to be the best -. I think it more like determination, spirit and will power can make a difference.
But sadly I do wish that he would stop this obsetion with Sasuke, and continue with what should be. I mean is he really saving Naruto for last? Everyone else, except for a very small minority had they past revealed, but Naruto has remaind a mystery. Can you imagine? He is like the center of the whole plot and yet we know nothing about his ancestry, what is happening to him right, or why he was chosen to have the Kyuubi sealed inside him, or even why the sealing techneque didn't work like it did when the 3rd Hokage used it.
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 16:56   Link #14
Hage-bai
Banned

simple answer..kishimoto just isn't all that great.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 17:04   Link #15
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer View Post
This, and also because at the moment kishimoto, through his own admission in an interview, finds sasuke a far more intriguing character.
It's because of what naruto is that sasuke is great. Naruto is the main character of the story. If he has no obsticals then his story would suck. The better obstical you put in the cooler and more interesting it is to watch it be overcome. You need contrast. Sasuke is basically just the opposite of Naruto, a person who has everything and throws it away for nothing. While Naruto is a person who has nothing but takes everything he can get reguardless of overall value.
Old 2007-07-27, 18:13   Link #16
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
I don't believe that Naruto is outshined by Sasuke. They are equal. Hasn't anyone noticed Kishi has already foreshadowed that Naruto is equal or stronger than Sasuke.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 19:50   Link #17
AnbuItachi

i think naruto is powerful with the tails released but sasuke is still stronger but it does make sense, since the beginning sasuke was portrayed as the genius + uchiha, naruto was portrayed as a loser whos not bright who can't do stuff right. if they suddenly make naruto > sasuke it would make it seem weird, like they say hardwork alone can't make you surpass a genius. i wish they'd name the manga Akatsuki or something =)
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 16:45   Link #18
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
I don't believe that Naruto is outshined by Sasuke. They are equal. Hasn't anyone noticed Kishi has already foreshadowed that Naruto is equal or stronger than Sasuke.
Even though Kishi has probably foreshadowed that, just based on what we've seen so far from these two since shippuden started, it obvious that one is superior to the other.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 17:10   Link #19
quater
Kazekage Q

Sasuke being the Superior.
quater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 08:28   Link #20
Inferied

We'll see who's superior when Naruto rapes Sasuke...
Inferied is offline   Reply With Quote