Notices

Old 2008-06-09, 15:51   Link #1421
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Yeah....Suzaku is sooo the devil despite the fact that the guy couldn't even plot a coup'd etat even if he wanted to or backstab others.

You bashers give him wayyy too much credit. If he was like Lelouch where he manipulated people and sacrificed others for his own goals then sure.
Ah, the sarcasm is "palpable"
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 16:09   Link #1422
mash11

My reason for hating him is because he is not evil, or the devil. It his entire nature that bugs me the wrong way, he is a cloud, he has no real form or opinion everything he says is based on who is speaking to him eg episode 8 Nunally forgave him I will too, episode 9 Nina wants him dead why should I stop her he is evil responsible for all this chaos he deserves to die. I am innocent because I have no opinion,
mash11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 16:10   Link #1423
Lowell1025

Well, there's things about Suzaku that's you can hate and then there are points you can praise. The problem is all these points are intermingled on one person which makes everything confusing. If you TRULY are objective in a comprehensive analysis about him you'd probably end up not dishing out any judgment at all "well...let's just say he's a guy...that we know for sure." (actually I find a lot of other situation the same. If you think deep and wide and objective enough, you don't know what to think anymore...mind blank lol)
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 16:12   Link #1424
mash11

but hatred is an irrational emotion, I doubt I can ever objectively hate anyone, there people I just cannot bring myself to accept no matter anything else. And he is on that list sad to say.
mash11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 16:28   Link #1425
Lowell1025

but should we say...if you are the authority on this matter, everyone else doesn't watch Code Geass are you are responsible in explaining the show to them, how would you portray Suzaku to them?
Old 2008-06-09, 16:52   Link #1426
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell1025 View Post
but should we say...if you are the authority on this matter, everyone else doesn't watch Code Geass are you are responsible in explaining the show to them, how would you portray Suzaku to them?
Poorly, of course. People are hardly every objective enough to be able to give a completely unbiased or unjaded report on anything. Much less a show where characters can very well be things they hate. Do you think someone who discribes Nina, while hating her, will be more likely to call her that crazy girl who humped a table or that girl who had this crush but was ultimately crushed. Likely the former, unless they were a robot or some rare-breed of human.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 17:09   Link #1427
Silver Soul
Banned

Well lets just say that every character on the Britainnian side are evil and everyone on the OotBK are good cause apparently that's how single minded everyone who bash Suzaku and praise Lelouch seem to think and yet seem to forget all his actions has caused a great deal of suffering for most of the people around him.
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 17:32   Link #1428
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell1025 View Post
Well, there's things about Suzaku that's you can hate and then there are points you can praise. The problem is all these points are intermingled on one person which makes everything confusing.
The problem?We all have both faults and good qualities and no one is perfect....I don't see where your confusion is coming from.
He’s human after all, and like all human beings he has good and bad qualities and that's why I like him. He is an interesting and dynamic character.
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 17:45   Link #1429
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Well lets just say that every character on the Britainnian side are evil and everyone on the OotBK are good cause apparently that's how single minded everyone who bash Suzaku and praise Lelouch seem to think and yet seem to forget all his actions has caused a great deal of suffering for most of the people around him.
The very best trait of Code Geass series is that both sides have good and bad people there. It is just Britannia has so much more genocidal maniacs :P But I have to admit Suzaku is not one of them. And after a couple of last episodes I kinda got used to his character and even managed to save some good thoughts about the character
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 18:05   Link #1430
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
The very best trait of Code Geass series is that both sides have good and bad people there. It is just Britannia has so much more genocidal maniacs :P But I have to admit Suzaku is not one of them. And after a couple of last episodes I kinda got used to his character and even managed to save some good thoughts about the character
Which seems to show that it's really just about the writers taking some time to show things from Suzaku's point of view. The thing is, though, that the Suzaku portrayed in episode 8 is imminently consistent with the way he's been through the entire show: the thoughts and motivations Suzaku revealed that episode were all entirely obvious to anybody who'd given Suzaku some thought before. It's frustrating that it takes the writers explicitly saying, even taking an entire episode to do it, "Hey! Suzaku's not such a bad guy!" for people to stop hating him. It's even sadder that even with this blatant reassurance, some people still won't acknowledge him.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 18:06   Link #1431
Lowell1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
The problem?We all have both faults and good qualities and no one is perfect....I don't see where your confusion is coming from.
He’s human after all, and like all human beings he has good and bad qualities and that's why I like him. He is an interesting and dynamic character.
my confusion? I'm mind blank most of the time, how can I be confused I am talking about some of the arguments in here. Some of them focused too much in one of the two and just couldn't bare to give the other same kind of focus. But then again, it's more fun this way
Old 2008-06-09, 18:10   Link #1432
Lowell1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Poorly, of course. People are hardly every objective enough to be able to give a completely unbiased or unjaded report on anything. Much less a show where characters can very well be things they hate. Do you think someone who discribes Nina, while hating her, will be more likely to call her that crazy girl who humped a table or that girl who had this crush but was ultimately crushed. Likely the former, unless they were a robot or some rare-breed of human.
hehe I am trying to become one of those human....though not the kind that try to satisfy this and compensate that in the end pissed off both sides. As the saying goes: it does not matter what is being said but how it is being received.....if you know what I mean
Old 2008-06-09, 18:18   Link #1433
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Ah, I'd give up, Aquaman. Suzaku is the devil incarnate and we are obviously fooling ourselves thinking we're being objective by looking at things from both perspectives. He has no excuses. I hope Lelouch kills him in the most horrible way, but not too horrible so we can still see our dear hero as the kindest person on Earth.
I hope Suzaku kills Lulu in a honorable way, painful but honorable.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 18:19   Link #1434
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
It's frustrating that it takes the writers explicitly saying, even taking an entire episode to do it, "Hey! Suzaku's not such a bad guy!" for people to stop hating him. It's even sadder that even with this blatant reassurance, some people still won't acknowledge him.
Exactly. I found it a bit annoying how people seemed to take episode 8 as the first proof that Suzaku was not a bad guy, when Sunrise was just reminding people than he wasn't. Still, if it makes the haters see that they're taking things way too far it's fine by me.

PS: Since I'm not sure everyone got that part: my last post was sarcastic
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 18:21   Link #1435
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Which seems to show that it's really just about the writers taking some time to show things from Suzaku's point of view. The thing is, though, that the Suzaku portrayed in episode 8 is imminently consistent with the way he's been through the entire show: the thoughts and motivations Suzaku revealed that episode were all entirely obvious to anybody who'd given Suzaku some thought before. It's frustrating that it takes the writers explicitly saying, even taking an entire episode to do it, "Hey! Suzaku's not such a bad guy!" for people to stop hating him. It's even sadder that even with this blatant reassurance, some people still won't acknowledge him.
Well, I think that people are always about idolizing the personas with a "flashy", "cool" and "roguish" aura. Like Lelouch. And after one idolizes Lelouch, it just seems natural that he/she is irritated with the way Suzaku crosses his blade with his/her idol. I like the kindness of Kururugi. And the fact that he is so human in it, as he is not shown to be flawless. He had his moments of weakness, but now he seems consistent and pretty confident in his goals. He does not rush into things unless something really painful happens. We all have our limits.
Old 2008-06-09, 18:25   Link #1436
blitz1/2

I find it ironic that the Lulu fanboys are almost at the level of the Gundam seed fanboys. These guys need a life.

Old 2008-06-09, 18:30   Link #1437
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I find it ironic that the Lulu fanboys are almost at the level of the Gundam seed fanboys. These guys need a life.
Now, you offended me here because I'm both Lulu and Gundam SEED fanboy
Old 2008-06-09, 18:39   Link #1438
tenken627
what Yagi said

I dislike Suzaku not because I like Lelouch.

I dislike Suzaku because I value kinship, patriotism, pride, freedom, close inter-personal long-time relations, trust, and anti-tyranny, over things such as non-violence at the price of submission.

Obviously Suzaku feels oppositely, but that's why I dislike him since I highly value those traits I've listed.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 18:42   Link #1439
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Hahaha, now you're just pandering to my individualistic tendencies. I'd probably describe Nina as the introverted alternate universe granddaughter of Einstein (actually wait, that would be interesting--someone wanna look up if Einstein really did have a granddaughter in our world?) who has some obsessive tendencies.

And on the topic of Nina, she's recieved some interesting development this latest episode. She told Milly off good, I think, though I wonder how we got from that scene to the Zero-stabbing one. Nina's scorn for inaction and 'shallow women' showed some unique insight but I wonder if that little outburst was a bit too arrogant. As someone who idolizes Euphemia, that's fine, but as someone who wished to be her friend...

Her words to Kallen too, seemed to run a common thread. Nina saw Kallen's past friendliness as a worthless facade because in the end Kallen chose the Japanese. This is someone who desires 'depth', 'integrity', but who in the end sees in black and white. Pretty typical of a shy, introvert, genius but a more thorough dealing than I've usually seen.

To bring make this a bit more relevant to Suzaku, it seemed like every missing Student Council member aside from Nunally was gathered there. I wonder if this might mark the end of Lelouch's dream, though, as it seems like Nina dislikes every single one of them there (Milley, Suzaku, Kallen, and of course Zero).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 19:02   Link #1440
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Now, you offended me here because I'm both Lulu and Gundam SEED fanboy
I sincerely apologise.

I mean radical fanboys, if you're just a fan then that's fine because I am a fan of GS, Lelouch and Suzaku. But I dislike it when fanboys go ranting about with their hate on the other chars.