Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-09-04, 12:25   Link #1861
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Or just read GundamFan0083's (aka Kodai Okuda) fanfic "Dirge of Daedalus" and its followups, and imagine it as a continuation of the current CG-verse. You'll thank me.
I love GundamFan0083's fanfic so far
Old 2010-09-04, 17:55   Link #1862
Xander

I'm not really into reading fan fiction these days, but in any case...we should be hearing something new about the upcoming animated project in a week or less. The official website will update on the 10th but Newtype magazine will probably provide us with some new coverage shortly before that.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 01:00   Link #1863
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

To summarize what I'm thinking, and what afew others may be thinking (or on the basis of assumption):

About god damn time. Seriously, Akito took it's sweet daisy little time getting here. I'm glad it's September, and I can't wait for the newtype and the coverage on it. Of course Sunrise is going to tease us with bits and pieces again but it IS something to be happy about.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 01:23   Link #1864
GundamFan0083

Blushes immensely.
I'm happy to have made so many people happy with my fanfiction.

On the other note:
I am anxiously awaited the new issue of Newtype magazine.
I'm willing to bet the info in whatever Code Geass section they have will be well worth it.
Old 2010-09-05, 04:06   Link #1865
Laurcus
The black angel

Kodai, I think you have just a few fans here, myself included. Sunrise should just ask you what to do next with the series lol.
Old 2010-09-05, 12:04   Link #1866
GundamFan0083

Thank you Laurcus I appreciate my readers.

I wish Sunrise would contact me.
I'd love for DoD to become official, but that's just a pipe dream.

Although I have been told by my Japanese friends that the new mecha have some resemblence to some of my mecha from DoD.
I don't see it, but like all artwork the image is interpreted differently by different people.

Anyhoo, can't wait for the new anime/OVA info to be announced.

That reminds me.
I don't think I've said anything here yet, but Alpha and Omega will only be posted on my forum.
There are multiple reasons for that.

I'll post here on the fanfiction thread when the first chapter of Alpha and Omega is ready (should be about two weeks).
Old 2010-09-07, 18:53   Link #1867
Same_Shark

Not sure if it's been posted, but a new Nighmare Frame from the new anime has appeared.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/...ass-anime.html
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 21:20   Link #1868
lightbringer
M9000

That has a kind of Gothic/HRE feeling to it. Given the proportions, I wonder if the pilot is going to be female? It's about time for a new female ace to appear in the Code Geass universe.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 21:36   Link #1869
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
That has a kind of Gothic/HRE feeling to it. Given the proportions, I wonder if the pilot is going to be female? It's about time for a new female ace to appear in the Code Geass universe.
This is definately the first "female" Knightmare in the series, isn't it? The pilot will most likely be either a female or a feminine man.
Old 2010-09-07, 22:32   Link #1870
Kitaeryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
This is definately the first "female" Knightmare in the series, isn't it? The pilot will most likely be either a female or a feminine man.
I REALLY hope its a female, and not the feminine man.
Old 2010-09-07, 22:39   Link #1871
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitaeryu View Post
I REALLY hope its a female, and not the feminine man.
I hope so too it could be the new protagonist's kmf so my guess is a feminine man will be piloting it, but its still to early to tell.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 22:49   Link #1872
Same_Shark

I'm betting on a Karen-like girl. CG needs more tough chicks.
Old 2010-09-07, 22:54   Link #1873
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

You sir, know what's important. I vote for Karen tough or Cornelia tough. Or maybe even Nunnally tough. (Nunnally is the battlemaster of cuteness. Accept it.)

If it is a female pilot, they are probably going to insert huge loads of fanservice.

Then again wasn't Akito confirmed to be a he? I'm pretty sure Akito was (who is the main protagonist of the OVA. Or from what I remember anyways.)
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 22:59   Link #1874
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
You sir, know what's important. I vote for Karen tough or Cornelia tough. Or maybe even Nunnally tough. (Nunnally is the battlemaster of cuteness. Accept it.)

If it is a female pilot, they are probably going to insert huge loads of fanservice.

Then again wasn't Akito confirmed to be a he? I'm pretty sure Akito was (who is the main protagonist of the OVA. Or from what I remember anyways.)
I also vote yes for a woman like Kallen and Corns. Hmm a female warrior who has Corns and Kallens toughness whilst having Nunally's cuteness I would definitely approve

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 03:33   Link #1875
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
do we know if this means that the new shot takes place in the same universe as the original ?
because the design seems to imply a more advance model then the original KMF's which suggests the show takes place AFTER the original show
if it does, then having it be Kallen's/Suzaku's kid piloting it would be kinda awesome.
Old 2010-09-08, 03:57   Link #1876
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
do we know if this means that the new shot takes place in the same universe as the original ?
because the design seems to imply a more advance model then the original KMF's which suggests the show takes place AFTER the original show
if it does, then having it be Kallen's/Suzaku's kid piloting it would be kinda awesome.
We kinda know that Gaiden takes place somewhere between R1 & R2. Don't know about alternative universe though
Old 2010-09-08, 03:58   Link #1877
lightbringer
M9000

From what's been said so far, IIRC the show takes place before the end of R2 and not after, and takes place in the official continuity. This is probably simply a prototype model for the show's ace - can't expect them all to use the same tin buckets used by the EU during R2.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 03:59   Link #1878
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
its from the OVA ?
nevermind then
Old 2010-09-08, 04:05   Link #1879
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
It is quite often that an OVA series, with a superior budget to episode ratio, would have better means of animating the same things than the TV series that came before it. A famous example is the UC Gundam franchise. The three main mecha, the Gundam, Guincannon and Guntank, all got mass production models made in Canon. However, the MP Guncannon and Guntank were invented after-the-fact much later in the franchise's history, while the humble GM (mass production Gundam) was in the first TV show itself.

This means the GM ended up looking plain and boring standing next to its MP brothers, as the animation capacity allowed superior levels of design detail for the late comers.

Code Geass might well do the same for Akito; namely, claiming that ALL Knightmares are as advanced as it will be shown in the OVA, retconing the appearance of all Knightmares that existed on TV. It's like how Endless Waltz retconed the appearance of Wing Zero.
Old 2010-09-08, 04:25   Link #1880
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Well, in my opinion, at despite of anime year (2017), we will see more new knightmares, cause the sunrise commercial instinct, maybe more modern of kmf of R2...

This is a nonsense, it's obvious, but this isn't the first time.

Look Star Trek, the first enterprise in the temporal saga, is MORE modern of the followings models built decades later command by Kirk.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha