AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2004-12-02, 11:36   Link #101
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'm not sure what is meant by "half-hearted", but I always love this kind of weird genre mixing kind of shows, for example Nadesico and Kannaduki no Miko
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 12:53   Link #102
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

MY gosh all this commentary for this Anime.

I found this thing COMPLETELY FUNNY! It really is divded into 3 stories, Akane Post KGNE, Gouda's Dreamworld, and real Life.

Look at poor Akane, she doesn't want Takayuki for Haruka, she wants him for HERSELF! It's obvious from watching this show that she is completely bummed that Takayuki doesn't even want to come over and she has more than a passing interest in him. This girl is approaching the same kind of depression Takayuki had episode 5.

Poor Gouda, this man is a dreamer, he reminds me of that old movie 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty', that man is in a dream world.

What Gouda sees in Akane? I have no idea. But Akane needs someone who has DOUBLE the happiness to help buffer her sadness.

I like this, it isn't KGNE but it wasn't meant to be. The whole time I was going, hey isn't that the guy from G Gundam?

Last edited by Forbin; 2004-12-02 at 13:09.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 17:20   Link #103
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
I think problem is that lots of people have too high expectations for for animes, and that limit the range of animes that they could watch and enjoy....I see it as a curse...
while I myself on the other hand requirement of anime standard is pretty open and would enjoy watching them....as long as the story is not bored to hell and really badly drawn....I would enjoy watching it.....and I'm thankful for that's how I am, as I am 'able' to watch, enjoy and appreciate lots more animes, and a lot happier than people that are picky on animes....
(I recall some people sayng this season lack decent animes with only 1 or 2 good ones, while I'm watching like close to 10 animes of this season and having the time of my life)

Well, that's my 2 cents......what do other people think regarding this?
I too like to have an open mind when it comes to anime. I find myself pretty easy to please. When I got Akane Maniax, I just wanted something I could sit back, relax, and have fun with. It had it's good points, namely the fact that seeing Akane is always good. Other than that, I just found myself sitting there bored with lame jokes that feel like they've been beaten to death.
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 17:31   Link #104
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Oh just as an extra note...I don't call this Akane Maniax

I call it Akane's Maniac. It fits Gouda better.
Old 2004-12-02, 17:53   Link #105
Fronzel
Schmuck

Akane Matrix!
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 19:53   Link #106
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
Yup, B it is, same as Gouda.

Spoiler:

Regarding Akane Maniax/MuvLuv:

Spoiler:

Regarding this:

Spoiler:

I'm really hoping that Bandai's involvement will lead to Muvluv coming to the states, I wouldn't mind seeing how they handle the mechs in Muvluv.

Not to mention how they'll screw with the VA's for the show.
Spoiler:

Quick question about MuvLuv tho...

Spoiler:

As for the MuvLuv anime... I really can't wait for it... But I wonder... Wasn't there another age game that takes place in the same setting as KGNE, Akamani, and MuvLuv? I wonder why they wouldn't try giving that a shot...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 20:04   Link #107
Lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I'm not sure what is meant by "half-hearted", but I always love this kind of weird genre mixing kind of shows, for example Nadesico and Kannaduki no Miko
I was a little disappointed because Akene Maniax was not really satisfying either as continuation of KgNE or as anime parody. If they wanted to try making hot-blooded '70s anime spoof, they should have made it really funny and crazy like Gekigangar 3 and not half-hearted parody like this. No one would have complained about it not being real sequel to KgNE if it were funny as hell. This is a disposable OVA with nothing to recommend about it... except Akane.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 21:04   Link #108
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Re: Gouda's departure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Re: Mikoto:
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 23:35   Link #109
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Well, overlooking the bad rep someone gave me for liking this show...

Most of the people who aren't enjoying it are going into it expecting it to be as serious as KGNE without knowing the game that it is based on...I think this is more of the problem than the quality of the show overall. The show's fine, but going into the show with a different idea of what it was about can really skew someone's opinion.

Oh well, anyone who knows the AkaMan story knows how it will progress
Exactly.

A lot of people are making the misrepresentation here:

x "This OVA ruins the whole anime kiminozo was based on"
o "This OVA is the anime version of the fan disc game of the same title which is a spoof and after/filler-story for kiminozo and MuvLuv ero-games"
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 01:31   Link #110
Diedrupo

Quote:
x "This OVA ruins the whole anime kiminozo was based on"
o "This OVA is the anime version of the fan disc game of the same title which is a spoof and after/filler-story for kiminozo and MuvLuv ero-games"
Doesn't change the fact that it sucks though. I guess since it's a spoof it should be forgiven.

For Kiminozo to garner a good reputation in the US (pending eventually US licensing), its H game root should be downplayed. They were able to do that Comic Party and are about to do it with To Heart, so I don't see why they can't with Kiminozo.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 22:19   Link #111
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

That anime is exellent. Of course far from KGNE's original serie but someting freshly new and humoristic, wich is made to hit harder on KGNE's fanbois head like me ^^ Well I don't dispise it. On the contraire, actualy I loved it so much I chill for the next episode/ova whatever.

The only thing that gets minus points from me is the Art. It was a bit cheap. but that, I was expecting.
Old 2004-12-10, 00:19   Link #112
Marine-RX179

KGNE and Akane Maniax got removed from animesuki listing in case people didn't noticed....
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 01:09   Link #113
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I think people noticed. It is the front page story after all!

> Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works
Information about the reason for the removal of all series by Media Factory Inc. (such as Genshiken and School Rumble) can be found on this page. You may want to read this page even if you do not download any of the mentioned series.

In case anybody missed that, please read it now.

Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 03:12   Link #114
Ruisu
勇気ある者

Send a message via AIM to Ruisu
Hah nice to see the crossover from hell (my pet name for AkaneManiax) be recieved with such open arms. Anyway, having played the game this OVA was based on (aptly named Akane Maniax ~Nagareboshi Densetsu Gouda~), I was glad to see the first ep stay faithful to the game. Both have proven to be hylarious, though the addition of Goudain in the OVA means this may end differently than the game...

Anyway, I hope the next ep keeps up the comedy, though I'm at a bit of a loss as far as where they might take this.

PS: Akane Maniax = Akane + cast of マヴラヴ + generic hot blooded male. >.>;
Ruisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 14:59   Link #115
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa

In case anybody missed that, please read it now.

Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works

Yup. Uh, I believe every1 read that by now. And I'm sick of seeing people complaining, but I don't hold it against them. Guess they've gotten used to this, and now when it is taken away, yes, I know it is hard, but it happened...

Now, Among these pile of pages in this thread, one once said that it would be 1 OVA every 5 months. ..... -_-;

Now what, since people can't watch this fansubbed now [I know some groups may rebel], but geez, 5 months is too long for 1 thing, but then again I was surprised the Green Green OVA even got released....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 02:31   Link #116
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

5 months per 1?! WAHHH? does anyone have evidence O_O
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 03:18   Link #117
kujoe
from head to heel

It's an OVA, so it's pretty normal that you'd have to wait that long--though I admit, five months may be just a bit too much. I suppose it's also a marketing tactic of some sort.

As for the details regarding this, I assume some people have visited the homepage for their info.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 14:31   Link #118
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

This is funny, I hope I do not forget about this series because 5 months is like, help me........
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 22:49   Link #119
Antlion
Haruka fan

yeah, 5 months is pretty brutal.
why did they have to show haruka at the end of the episode!! argh!
now I'm looking forward to seeing ova 2.
Antlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 12:51   Link #120
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Lets hope the reason they are doing this once every 5 months is so that they can get enough time to do a Muv-Luv Anime.

Tags
âge, comedy, ova, romance, seinen