AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-13, 00:20   Link #10121
Valky
Radioactive

Oh yeah, Sun Wukong and his brothers did gattai in the end. Hmm. Make sense. I guess it's pretty blurry unless Ame no Murakumo is classified as Subordinate God, although it seems a bit difficult in itself since it does have it's own consciousness. It could be either partner, authority or weapon.
Old 2014-04-13, 04:23   Link #10122
lived_1714

But what kind of Authority you get once you defeat Zhu Ba Jie? I mean, he's a pig, a big, perverted pig.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 04:56   Link #10123
bakapervert
A pervert

^ Before he is a pig, he is a general of the heaven right.? Maybe you will get an authority from that one.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 05:08   Link #10124
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Guinevere was quiet the troll tbh.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 05:11   Link #10125
zzhk
Summary Machine

Don't forget that prior to Zhu Bajie's exile from heaven, he was the Marshal Canopy, a commander of divine military forces.

Based on what he exhibited in Journey to the West, divine-level weapon mastery, super strength (his nine-toothed rake is supposed to weigh 5048 catty, which would be roughly 2.5 metric tons), demonslaying and transformation powers are possible.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 08:12   Link #10126
lived_1714

Er, in the novel, he was able to swim through a ... what river, but only he can swim through it so maybe defeating him will result in getting a swimming through whatever river authority?

P/S: Also zzhk please update the first page of Question & Answer in High school DxD in the social group.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 08:33   Link #10127
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived_1714 View Post
But what kind of Authority you get once you defeat Zhu Ba Jie? I mean, he's a pig, a big, perverted pig.
How about an authority to transform into a giant pig and summon an army of pigs, just like Voban's Legion of Hungry Wolves.
Old 2014-04-13, 08:36   Link #10128
bakapervert
A pervert

^ That's lame. Espeacially if Luo Hao the one that got it. I bet she would never use it.
Old 2014-04-13, 09:53   Link #10129
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^ That's lame. Espeacially if Luo Hao the one that got it. I bet she would never use it.
Really ? Summon a six arm giant( albeit a pig face) to fight seem pretty cool to me.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 10:04   Link #10130
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Really ? Summon a six arm giant( albeit a pig face) to fight seem pretty cool to me.
Voban turning into giant wolf is terrifying and quite cool. But a woman turning into pig with pig face? For someone so elegant and graceful like Luo Hao, it doesn't seem to fit.
Old 2014-04-13, 10:11   Link #10131
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
The closest thing we have to a subordinate god that was actually defeated is Ame no Murakumo no Tsuragi, though that is suggested. However, considering it was considered a God of Steel, and Susanoo seemed impressed that Godou "stole" it from him, it seems pretty likely that the sword was a subordinate god. Now, Godou's use of the sword is what needs to be defined. I consider it an authority, and if that is true, then yes, subordinate gods are forced to give authorities upon their defeat.
not believe Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi has given his authority the godou.

she was once the sword of susanoo, yamato takeru, amaterasu, I think she simprimeste allied to fight for the Godou.

susanoo and a retired god stay beside him would be choose peace, godou and demon king troublemaker stand beside him would choose war.

even godou and a natural enemy to a god steel be a better ally than an enemy to stay in an old hut having tea.
GodSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 10:56   Link #10132
Superbia

Quote:
Voban turning into giant wolf is terrifying and quite cool. But a woman turning into pig with pig face? For someone so elegant and graceful like Luo Hao, it doesn't seem to fit.
Yeah, the transformation is not happening, but the idea of her summoning a boar could seem like her. She could decide it would be interesting to ride into battle on a giant boar like her little brother and Sun Wukong do, similar to how she decided to fire Zhu Ganglie into the sky because she thought it'd be interesting to imitate Godou firing Sun Wukong.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 11:27   Link #10133
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
I did say summon you know ?
Anyway, what are the details for manifesting avatar again ? All I remember about that is something like Voban Wolf form. I kind of imagine other Campiones will do something like surround their body with a visible aura resemble your Authorities.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 12:02   Link #10134
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
I did say summon you know ?
Anyway, what are the details for manifesting avatar again ? All I remember about that is something like Voban Wolf form. I kind of imagine other Campiones will do something like surround their body with a visible aura resemble your Authorities.
Sorry, from your wording I thought what you mean is just summoning 6giant arm and a pig face replacing the summoners face.
Old 2014-04-13, 13:06   Link #10135
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Guinevere was quiet the troll tbh.
How so? Do you mean how she managed to trap and use Athena?
Old 2014-04-13, 15:49   Link #10136
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Using and taking away the HG Authorities something like that. I believe it's the whole point of pretty much everybody showing up at the end of Volume 16.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 05:58   Link #10137
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Using and taking away the HG Authorities something like that. I believe it's the whole point of pretty much everybody showing up at the end of Volume 16.
Maybe, maybe not. Obviously the one who only knows the full dynamics of the series is Jou-chan.

It may also be not the case. There probably won't be new authorities (well, you might start to throw the torches around me for saying that, but let's just speculate a bit).
Reasons for why I think that: Athena herself is I think right now a personification of the power stored in the Holy Grail (I would beg to differ that she's the Holy Grail's personification). Reason for that is simple - some brainwashing admittedly done, but her "goals" (meaning continuing down the holy yandere path) are the same. She did stress how she will "carve his name onto her heart". That being said, Athena is neither a real deity, nor an actual Divine Ancestor. Something like an echo of her former self, "navigated" a bit towards a different goal (which she seems to be mostly ignoring ATM). Though she's holding the power of the Holy Grail, which was meant to feed KotE (and by extension I speculate that any other Sword God of Steel). What she called back using the Ring of Usurpation is something like "pseudo-gods" I think, since that's how they were "branded" on the Ring itself. Remember that they said how "Lancelot will turn into a man the next time she manifests", but she didn't. That's because I think she's a sort of "virtual personality" right now, which holds the power (e.g. authority) of the defeated Lancelot. And if I'm right, that means she's not in her "top form", in which case even if she is defeated, things should go like with Perseus and Doni, where "Pandora said 'no, that's a no-go, sorry'". That's speculation, but I see it being feasible.

Also, if you think objectively, it might simply be a reference point to Godou's advancement. If he has a much easier time with the three foes, we can say he's gone a long way. Though nothing dramatic happens in this case, it still happens quite a lot of times in fantasy. Or perhaps (wagering half my arm here) these gods might not even be defeated by Godou, but the other Campione, which would serve as an excellent way to provide them with "screentime". And many other options are present as well.

On another note, Ravagerblade-san, I feel that you're a little dissatisfied with this series. To provide a few points to your arguments from before:
-The stuff's japanese. Someone's definetly going to be embarrassed about kissing. And of course they're prude. Because they "keep appearances". That's how they are.
-On another note, that's a good usage of romantic comedy. Godou shouldn't (and GOD FORBID that he does) search for a way to work his Johnson Magic without the girls, because then this ceases to be a romantic comedy. You don't want that right? Course you don't.
-There is a very "profound" reason for why he's helpless alone. I believe that at least. Remember when (I think) the Glass Princess said something about "they wanted to see how he treats the girls", and "that's how he will become the Guardian of the World"? (As a reference, I believe it was in Hime-miko of the Sword.) Even though his peers are perfectly capable of doing what he can do with his girls alone, they're "not compatible" with humanity in the slightest. Right now f.e., I'm still trying to answer the biggest question in this series for me: isn't that cueball Voban worse than Heretic Gods?
-The Warrior incarnation is all-powerful. It's hard to compare it to the others, never forget that. If he used the Camel before, he was capable of holding his ground (but nothing really beyond that). Now that he can make things "implode" with the Camel, he's capable of delivering some serious punishment biz with it. All his authorities are getting stronger, while the Warrior doesn't, since it was sort of omnipotent to begin with. It can't be used to slay a god, but pulling any and all gods to a level where the other authorities can is something of a basic thing for it. That's where its power lies, and that's why it works in concert with the other authorities.

Well, that's about it.

Oh, and about Athena becoming a "waifu": GODS, please DON'T, DON'T! Unless it's Mirai Nikki, yandere usually don't hit the spot in the end. Ad that's how they work. Godou and Athena work as a couple because of their unique "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Sure, I also think Athena loves Godou (albeit won't even admit it to herself, much less anyone else), but not all love comes to fruition. That's just the way things are. And since I doubt that "entering the harem" (which doesn't even have a proper foundation yet, Godou being how he is) would really mean happiness for her (or for Godou, for that matter). Their relationship prior to her death was fun, it was addictive but poisonous. If anything, I want to see that coming back (meaning +1, Feng-sensei).

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:29   Link #10138
Yye1
Wide Right

any info on the next volume?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 05:39   Link #10139
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
any info on the next volume?
Nothing as of yet, it seems.

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 03:58   Link #10140
Chris38

You know ... while I doubt that something like has a huge chance of happening, but I think that it would be really ... amazing and amusing to actually see Godou's and the four girls that surround him, fight against a god ... from the perspective ... of Shizuka.

Of course ... it would probably have to be really short, since she doesn't have a lot of knowledge about magic and the wth is going on reactions would probably quickly get too repetitive ... but being forced to watch Godou use his authorities (bonus points if it would be the Sword or Youth form ) from the perspective of Shizuka would definitely be a quite priceless scene...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem