AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-18, 02:31   Link #661
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , so far i'm doing ok with Rylai but true that he doesn't do much dmg in mid game if your early game isn't that great with no much kills. I'll try WoA to see if the spell vamp is worth on him.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 03:10   Link #662
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

WoA only if your team has about 3 nukers. Otherwise, no.

Just RoA and Void is kinda good enough.
Old 2011-04-18, 03:58   Link #663
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Is it just me or is the leaver/afk problem getting worse again. 3 matches in a row I had people either goign afk or leaving, at some point I couldn't even report people afterward anymore :/

match 1: 2 people going afk for about 20 minutes
match 2: 17 minutes in our Eve says "g2g, gl&hf hope u win" and leaves
match 3: our tank leave at 20 minutes in and comes back at the end of the match, we were winning up until he left :/
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 04:06   Link #664
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, I've had a 4v5 right off the bat with two guys bailing out at 6min for "dinner", which lasted till the end of the game -__- On the bright side, it's really fun when a Brand/Janna combo can push five bots all the way up to their inhibitors w/o lich banes Jokes aside, it IS getting worse despite all the reports and bans etc. Wonder how it will go after tribunal...
On the WoA issue, it's good for pubstomping but it's a luxury item. There's better AP items out there that offer more than just AP, the spellvamp is good but I still think more survivability would be better. I'm not a fan of vamp/LS since it counts on dealing damage in order to heal, so when you die before landing a hit or when you're just scratching at a huge Cho'gath, they don't do much.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 06:32   Link #665
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Spellvamp is good when you want to prolong the battle and continue with pushing, otherwise, it just doesn't worth it.
Old 2011-04-19, 02:06   Link #666
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
so I finally tried lee sin, forgot he was free this week, pretty wonky champ but can put out some insane burst, rather enjoyed him. Not as much as brands mind you, I'll probably buy him next, as I have no interest in the mecha yordle.
Old 2011-04-19, 04:54   Link #667
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Is it just me or is the leaver/afk problem getting worse again. 3 matches in a row I had people either goign afk or leaving, at some point I couldn't even report people afterward anymore :/

match 1: 2 people going afk for about 20 minutes
match 2: 17 minutes in our Eve says "g2g, gl&hf hope u win" and leaves
match 3: our tank leave at 20 minutes in and comes back at the end of the match, we were winning up until he left :/
Welcome to LoL community...
Just had a game with a Shaco who made our team lose at 50mn , he said he was too lazy to keep up the game... wt... we just had to destroy one inhib then the nexus without towers = win...
Old 2011-04-19, 06:01   Link #668
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I have no interest in the mecha yordle.
Do we have a skill list for this one?

Also, does anyone else play Gangplank? I always thought of him as a mid-tier champion, but he turned out much, much stronger...
Old 2011-04-19, 09:26   Link #669
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Y , GP is great , the only one who can deny minions!!! His Parrley with full critic every 4-6s = 1/2 Health or 1/3 Health. And his useful ulti in TF or to kill run away champ. Add the passive for melee atk , critic , critic... parrley... good to harrass too.
Old 2011-04-19, 12:10   Link #670
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Passive is actually very powerful, reduced healing with anything you do = pwn Taric, Soraka, Sona and all them potions with legs! What's TF btw?
Old 2011-04-19, 12:37   Link #671
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Passive is actually very powerful, reduced healing with anything you do = pwn Taric, Soraka, Sona and all them potions with legs! What's TF btw?
That 3vs3 map.

I really hate his passive if you ask me. The poison is strong, and the debuff is annoying.
Old 2011-04-19, 12:46   Link #672
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

I think the Kassadin build works fine on Brand:

- Catalyst, Rod of Ages, Sorcerer's Boots, then Deathcap

Next items after that are situational, like Banshee's, Zhonya Ring, Void Staff. I prefer more pure AP/Magic Pen items for high-damage casters like Brand and Kassadin, since it's their job to obliterate their enemies, which is why I don't think Rylai's is that great of an item on Brand
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 13:16   Link #673
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
That 3vs3 map.

I really hate his passive if you ask me. The poison is strong, and the debuff is annoying.
Yea I don't get why people call it TF when it's TT (Twisted Treeline). Is there another abbreviation I'm not aware of?
Quote:
Next items after that are situational, like Banshee's, Zhonya Ring, Void Staff. I prefer more pure AP/Magic Pen items for high-damage casters like Brand and Kassadin, since it's their job to obliterate their enemies, which is why I don't think Rylai's is that great of an item on Brand
Well, most chaser mages could really use a Rylai's (Fiddles, Swain, etc), but Kass has riftwalk, so it would be a waste on him. Brand is more of a burst caster, so Rylai's slow is lost on him. His survivability is very low, playing him well requires lots of surprise tactics and zoning awareness, but if you got these you can get by w/o anything more than the core build till the big fights break out.

EDIT: People reeeally hate playing tanks in ranked games...someone on our side took Garen after a bit though, and I was the last one to pick, with an AP choice versus Urgot mid (the rest were Malphite, Lux, Cho'gath and Akali, we had Garen, Kayle, Olaf, AD Teemo and me). I had Galio (AP burst massacres) and Swain (an enemy has been Swain!?). Who would be the best counter in your opinion? Got runes for both.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-04-19 at 15:07.
Old 2011-04-19, 15:40   Link #674
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol , TF = Teamfight for short. Didn't know about the TT thing.
Old 2011-04-19, 16:20   Link #675
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Lawd, the more I play this game, the more I suck. Maybe it is because everything is so routine and passive, causing me to daze out.

By the way... What is your view on backdooring? To me it is just fair game, but there seems to be too much ranting about this win game tactic.
Old 2011-04-19, 17:17   Link #676
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

I usually took TF to = Twisted Fate, and speaking of Twisted Fate, I think backdooring is fair game, although I hate it a lot. The main reason I think it's okay is because some teams like to turtle inside their base and never come out until you go in. This is where I think backdooring is okay, to counter their turtling strat. But the time I hate backdooring is when it's a normal game and all of a sudden, you realized a TF is at your inhibitor.

About this game being passive... I agree. I don't like how hard it is to gank, and how easy it is to avoid punishment. I hate people flashing back to towers . And when people are off wandering off by themselves into a place they're not supposed to be... they can avoid being punished by flashing over the wall and back into safety.
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 17:56   Link #677
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The developers really want to make LoL an active game, but the "higher ELO" plays passive like there's no tomorrow:
1) Only last hit creeps
2) always pull the fight to your tower
3) if you can't harass, wait for enemy to use skills and rape them while they're on cooldown.
4) Ward the shit out of the map and only take buffs as counters.
5) Walrus' GP guide wants me denying soldier creeps right off the bat and the cannon minions, so as to hit LV6 before them and get the edge later on, despite GP having a rather weak early game.
6) The game is set during the teamfight, because 99.9999% of the people who play LoL don't want to initiate. The remaining 0.0001% is me, and I only initiate with Galio, Garen and Zilean :P

Now, to backdooring. It is usually frowned upon, considered to be a cheapshot and exploiting of the game mechanics, used to be a viable reason to get banned in DotA (for some) iirc. When the teamfight ends in your win and you take two turrets down in a minute, the game usually freezes at the third one. THAT is when someone has to break from the team and either push another lane like a gentleman, or if you got Rammus just turn DBC and tremors on and demolish anything taller than you. Either way, it's a good way to get the game going again. It just sucks when you're winning and random dude A ports in your base and beats the crap out of your nexus with 400 AD and 2.5 AS, because it's a bloody cheapshot.
Quote:
Lol , TF = Teamfight for short.
Thanx for that~
Old 2011-04-19, 23:33   Link #678
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The developers really want to make LoL an active game, but the "higher ELO" plays passive like there's no tomorrow:
1) Only last hit creeps
2) always pull the fight to your tower
3) if you can't harass, wait for enemy to use skills and rape them while they're on cooldown.
4) Ward the shit out of the map and only take buffs as counters.
5) Walrus' GP guide wants me denying soldier creeps right off the bat and the cannon minions, so as to hit LV6 before them and get the edge later on, despite GP having a rather weak early game.
6) The game is set during the teamfight, because 99.9999% of the people who play LoL don't want to initiate. The remaining 0.0001% is me, and I only initiate with Galio, Garen and Zilean :P
That really depends on the line up, though. Most of my game, people being aggressive when they know if I can't push back the creeps, so that they can take the tower early on. I'm not sure how high is your "higher ELO", but I'm pretty sure that's not how pre-made game are played. Once the first tower is gone (or two if it's not a mid tower), the game become ganking and team combat fest, with both side going at each other whenever there is a chance.

I don't have many experience in playing a tank, because I feel much more comfortable playing as supporter or nuker, but from what I saw of my team, currently the best initiator is Malphie. Once your teammates know when to catch up with you, Malphie becomes a real threat.

And backdooring is just one of the few strategy, just like jungling. I don't really feel it's cheap or something, but a strategy to utilize when you know your team can't win in team fight, but at 1 vs 1, your teammate has much higher chance of winning. Believe it or not, without range AD, it's really hard to pushing through the third tower after 25 minutes mark, unless your team's score is double of your opponent's. Beside, backdooring only works if your 4 people can hold against 5 while the other one doing their job. I've manage to break several backdooring attempts by pushing really hard when we know they have only 4 people guarding their base while the other one is backdooring.
Old 2011-04-20, 00:42   Link #679
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I don't have many experience in playing a tank, because I feel much more comfortable playing as supporter or nuker, but from what I saw of my team, currently the best initiator is Malphie. Once your teammates know when to catch up with you, Malphie becomes a real threat.
As someone who plays tanks almost exclusively, I have to agree. Malphite's ult is really, really good, but he also has a good slow [that makes him faster] and an ASPD reducer. He also pokes a lot better than champs like Amumu and Alistar, so he can stay in the front and actually do something instead of just taking hits [although if you're taking hits from a ranged carry or a nuker, chances are you want to initiate anyway].

I don't understand why people say Maokai is a good tank [or, even worse, think having a Maokai means they don't need as much hard CC or a way to initiate]. It's good to build him tanky, and he does have CC, but he doesn't bring AoE CC like other tanks do, and his root isn't nearly as good as other skills like Rammus's taunt. He's not bad [actually, I think he's really good, and his ult is amazing if you can actually get people to stay in it], but he's definitely a champ that needs another tank or champs like Kennen to do well because he has a really hard time forcing team fights or controlling them after he initiates. In my opinion, of course.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 01:19   Link #680
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Man, it always takes a solo/duo queue game to make me remember why I don't solo/duo queue. There needs to be a level above 30, because the vast vast majority of people who are 30 are still god awful at this game.

Tags
league of legends, lol