AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 13 18.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 25.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 22.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-28, 12:54   Link #121
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Anyway Yui is my wife and Mangatron if you touch my Kobato I'm going to hit you with a fly swatter in the face. The fanservice in this episode was too much for my body.
Do use a hammer. You are a human being; there's no need to lower yourself to the level of that hateful, selfish sociopathic insect.
Old 2011-11-28, 12:59   Link #122
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think a hammer would be worse (unless it's one of those giant inflatable hammers...)
Old 2011-11-28, 13:53   Link #123
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think a hammer would be worse (unless it's one of those giant inflatable hammers...)
Even if it is a steel one, the good gentleman would at least not sink to the level of that hateful, ungrateful, sadistic bully Yozora.

Better that Mangatron and I be struck bloody and broken than let a fellow human-being otaku sink to the level of an insect.
Old 2011-11-28, 14:12   Link #124
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Let's please stay on topic guys... if you want to fight over who claims which heroine, this isn't the place.
Old 2011-11-28, 18:27   Link #125
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Am I the only person who really felt sorry for Yozora and Rika in this episode? Some people defend them but that's it.

I love Sena more but seriously I felt Yozora's pain when she looked away in that bus. Most people who bash on Yozora or Rika probably don't know how serious this Disorder is. I really hope the club understands their situation.

Last edited by Rozen Van Kaizer; 2011-11-28 at 18:43.
Old 2011-11-28, 19:33   Link #126
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozen Van Kaizer View Post
Am I the only person who really felt sorry for Yozora and Rika in this episode? Some people defend them but that's it.
No, not alone, in my case there was so much Kobato goodness, that the serious/touching part of the episode just flew past... actually now that I think about it, the episode should have ended with Yukimura x Kodaka, and start the next one with this scene, and its consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozen Van Kaizer View Post
I love Sena more but seriously I felt Yozora's pain when she looked away in that bus. Most people who bash on Yozora or Rika probably don't know how serious this Disorder is. I really hope the club understands their situation.
I am with you on that, a friend of mine was always on the verge of panicking when in crowds. But in both of the characters' cases I think it's more that they are not used to crowds (because of life-style and personality), rather than phobia.
Old 2011-11-28, 22:57   Link #127
GundamZZ
残念美人

The story seems going this way. Yorzora wants to spend some quality time with her friend. She used the tsundere technique. Who in their right mind would join a club sounds like losers. It's doubtful people know it's a club. She made up some weird poster to attract members, but the school had more weirdos than she had anticipated. Her friend ended up spending more tender time with the most popular girl in the school.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2011-11-28, 23:41   Link #128
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Her friend ended up spending more tender time with the most popular girl in the school.
That's actually a big blow right there. Given the fact that she hates "popular people" (the Rya- something word in Japanese, sorry)

One thing I'm pretty sure though. It's more of the fact that Yozora see's Sena as a "Popular person" than Sena being close to Kodaka. Yozora reacts strongly to anything with Kodaka and Sena together but I never see any of of these as a reason for her attacks on Sena. If you guys look closely all of Yozora and Sena's disputes are all between themselves, Kodaka was "mostly" out of it. Hence the reason he stays out of it too.

It's basically a love triangle, but with the two girls fighting only between each other, instead of fighting over the guy. Their relationship with the main hero is just an added bonus, an after effect, or the conclusion of their relationship with each other.
Old 2011-11-29, 00:14   Link #129
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I don't understand how Kobato would willingly fully undress in front of her older brother, considering she is already in her second year of middle school. And whats even more disturbing is that Kodaka doesn't stop her, much less think much of it. Yes, I'm sure it was supposed to be a good fanservice, but the occasion just didn't sit right with me (probably because I myself have a younger sister). On a different note, it was cute seeing Kobato become jealous at the Sister hugging Kodaka

And, the only 'male' I approve of wearing female bathing suit is Hideyoshi, because he's Hideyoshi.
Old 2011-11-29, 00:20   Link #130
EroKing

An another note have you guys gotten used to Inoue Marina as Yozora? ^^
Old 2011-11-29, 01:00   Link #131
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
And, the only 'male' I approve of wearing female bathing suit is Hideyoshi, because he's Hideyoshi.
You have been spoiled without aware it.
The story has't reached that volume of self awareness/confirmation yet.
Well, everyone knows anyway.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2011-11-29, 01:12   Link #132
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure it was supposed to be a good fanservice, but the occasion just didn't sit right with me (probably because I myself have a younger sister).
I don't think it has anything to do with "having a younger sister", because I also have one. I found Kodaka's reaction (if you consider having no reaction is a kind of reaction) is quite normal.

Beside, I don't understand why people think "having a sister" mean they can't like thing like that. I'm a huge sis-con and incest fan when it come to anime/manga story. Not once did I think about this stuff in real life (okay, that was a lie, because I just thought about it). Is it that hard to distinguish real life stuff and fiction stuff?
Old 2011-11-29, 01:27   Link #133
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Is it that hard to distinguish real life stuff and fiction stuff?
Just because it's in fiction doesn't necessarily mean someone isn't going to be offended or disgusted by it. Incest is something that can occur in reality (albeit rarely) and not everyone is able shrug it off easily like others, or in your case embrace it.

I don't really mind incest since sometimes it can make for a very interesting drama and/or romance series, but there's still people that will be offended regardless.
Old 2011-11-29, 04:48   Link #134
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I'm similar to Duo Maxwell though. I too have a little sister and I'm also a big fan of incest in fiction, and well, I don't correlate the two in any significant ways, and would fiercely object to such an attempt.

In serious incest stories it's really just another form of the well-loved romance trope of Forbidden Love. It could be an angel and a devil, a prince(ss) and a pauper, heirs of rival families, supernatural creature and mortal, occasionally all of the above plus they also happen to be lost siblings or something.

In "typical" Japanese manga and anime it's also a shortcut to saying two characters have a really strong bond without having to actually display it in detail. Like a powered up, forbidden (i.e. even better) childhood friend relationship. "These two characters spent years of their young lives together (often *only* together), therefore they're very, very, very close. Too bad you aren't seeing most of it. Regardless, ship away!"

In the case of Kobato however it's refreshingly just a reeeaally affectionate/dependent relationship without the sexual angle, regardless of fanservice, hence why she's a bit hung up on Maria and not Yozora and Sena (well, Sena scared her but that's different), and hence why it's a bit of a joke's-on-you for some of you guys (+ Sena XP) going crazy over her brocon, because she really isn't "aiming for" him unlike half the Little Sisters out there in otakudom. Kodaka's non-reaction is completely understandable to me (I don't exactly get flustered over my little sister either...why would I? Of course, my lil' sis isn't exactly as childish as Kobato despite their similar age, so she isn't going around trying to "transform" in the living room).

In real life...there are undertones of abuse and exploitation that overturns all the "win."
Old 2011-11-29, 05:59   Link #135
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
I don't understand how Kobato would willingly fully undress in front of her older brother, considering she is already in her second year of middle school. And whats even more disturbing is that Kodaka doesn't stop her, much less think much of it. Yes, I'm sure it was supposed to be a good fanservice, but the occasion just didn't sit right with me (probably because I myself have a younger sister). On a different note, it was cute seeing Kobato become jealous at the Sister hugging Kodaka
I really can not get some people, what is the problem with undressing and/or being seen naked by people who are not interested in using your body for their satisfaction? Is it a problem to see your mother/father naked? Your team-mates in the showers? Why would it be a problem for your sister, especially when she behaves so childish?

Unless you equate Kodaka with some serial rapist or puritan bigot, Kobato should feel very comfortable and secure undressing in front of him, only the above two categories pose any real danger.

Quote:
Approve? so crossdressing should be frowned upon? disallowed/disproved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I found her quite fitting from the beginning (being exposed only to plot synopsis, a few chapters, and a lot of art before the anime). The only VA that comes now into mind that could be a better fit is Yukana.
Old 2011-11-29, 06:57   Link #136
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I'm still 'so-so' on her deep voice but that cell phone scene (when Yozora and Kodaka first exchanged messages) with Yozora's soft happy voice... That was heaven right there, a little glimpse of Inoue's angelic voice.

Isn't it funny though?:
Yozora vs Sena = Relationship (lovers) status
Kobato vs Maria = Imouto Status
Rika & Yukimura = ???? a instrument for their own goal?
Old 2011-11-29, 07:45   Link #137
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
After getting hte text, she had enough time to get Kodaka and run to the main entrance with enough time to see them go.

I think the actual reason it bugs people is that she left without personally telling them and so couldn't let them help her. But that's understandable because from the look on her face she seemed a little ashamed of her phobia, so it's likely she didn't want to talk about it. It would be too uncomfortable.
Moreover, I think she didn't want to be a party pooper and ruin everybody's fun by telling them she wanted to go home. It kind of back-fired.
Old 2011-11-29, 09:19   Link #138
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Moreover, I think she didn't want to be a party pooper and ruin everybody's fun by telling them she wanted to go home. It kind of back-fired.
Nah, I don't buy it, should she be her usual self, she would have had a blast ruining everyone's fun and games... But is possible, would explain why she send the message to Sena, instead of Kodaka, which in turn would make Kodaka's observation (about her not having changed) void... we'll see.
Old 2011-11-29, 10:50   Link #139
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with "having a younger sister", because I also have one. I found Kodaka's reaction (if you consider having no reaction is a kind of reaction) is quite normal.

Beside, I don't understand why people think "having a sister" mean they can't like thing like that. I'm a huge sis-con and incest fan when it come to anime/manga story. Not once did I think about this stuff in real life (okay, that was a lie, because I just thought about it). Is it that hard to distinguish real life stuff and fiction stuff?
Um, actually, I'm a bit of incest fan myself. But the thing with incest stories is that one of them is romantically in love with the other, be it one-sided or mutual. In such cases, it can be used with great effect for service, among other things. In Haganai, there is no romantic feelings between the siblings (at least, so far), so I can only view it as nothing more than a sibling relationship. Either way, it's not that I was offended by it or anything, just that I found it a bit unnatural.

By the way, yes, I can distinguish real life and fictions. Do you expect me to believe there are people who can use kamehamaha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I really can not get some people, what is the problem with undressing and/or being seen naked by people who are not interested in using your body for their satisfaction? Is it a problem to see your mother/father naked? Your team-mates in the showers? Why would it be a problem for your sister, especially when she behaves so childish?
Ok... first of all, 'team-mates' are usually the same gender, so it doesn't really apply in this case. And unless your mom is a MILF, people would generally be grossed out to see your mom naked, and vice versa. Now, I'm guessing you don't have a sibling of opposite sex (forgive me if I'm wrong), but you don't generally willingly show themselves naked to the other sibling, whatever the reason may be. Accidents, sure, I myself had such accidents. But you don't just come out and blatantly shout something like 'watch me as I undress' and go completely naked. If they were in elementary grade, your idea of Kobato feeling secure undressing in front of him would perfectly be OK. But by the time you are in the second year of middle school, you'd think twice before going nude before any opposite gender, regardless if they are family or not. Though I guess part of the problem is in fault of the animators/author, for depicting Kobato so childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Approve? so crossdressing should be frowned upon? disallowed/disproved?
Did I ever say cross-dressing should be frowned upon or disallowed? I don't get why some people just love to put words into other people's mouth, other than troll reasons. If I say something like, I only approve ___ as my waifu, does that mean I don't like/hate all the other other characters? What I meant by 'approve,' was that Hideyoshi looks the best among the male cross-dressers I've seen. If I disapproved cross-dressing, I wouldn't have approved of Hideyoshi cross-dressing in the first place.
Old 2011-11-29, 11:23   Link #140
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Ok... first of all, 'team-mates' are usually the same gender, so it doesn't really apply in this case.
I'm bi-, yet never saw the guys that we bled together on the court sexually, but can not say the same for the chicks in the girls' team, that were freaking out about showering privacy, and considering our age then, for a good reason

Quote:
And unless your mom is a MILF, people would generally be grossed out to see your mom naked, and vice versa.
I wish she was, but no luck

Quote:
Now, I'm guessing you don't have a sibling of opposite sex (forgive me if I'm wrong),
I don't, but have and had several people that relationship-wise filled in that spot.

Quote:
but you don't generally willingly show themselves naked to the other sibling, whatever the reason may be. Accidents, sure, I myself had such accidents. But you don't just come out and blatantly shout something like 'watch me as I undress' and go completely naked.
Willingly... well, not really, but I never got turned on by a flat-mate, parent, cousin, ex- etc. that was naked, scantily dressed, or just playing around, or sleeping with me... as I implied, one should be sexually interested in the first place for these methods to work... unless one is unable to sort out his/her own feelings and is just horny and would jump into anything, feel guilty about it, and then blame the victim/target/movie/manga/anime for provoking him

Quote:
If they were in elementary grade, your idea of Kobato feeling secure undressing in front of him would perfectly be OK. But by the time you are in the second year of middle school, you'd think twice before going nude before any opposite gender, regardless if they are family or not. Though I guess part of the problem is in fault of the animators/author, for depicting Kobato so childish.
See above... physical age is not in a causal relationship, rather indirectly correlated because of maturity and mental age are... if one wants to to have sex so desperately, he will even with a cow, as long as he can get socially away with it, not to mention blame anyone and everything else in the process and afterwards, like some perverted old men making just laws, and some frustrated housewives that redifined post-modern feminism.

Quote:
Did I ever say cross-dressing should be frowned upon or disallowed? I don't get why some people just love to put words into other people's mouth, other than troll reasons. If I say something like, I only approve ___ as my waifu, does that mean I don't like/hate all the other other characters? What I meant by 'approve,' was that Hideyoshi looks the best among the male cross-dressers I've seen. If I disapproved cross-dressing, I wouldn't have approved of Hideyoshi cross-dressing in the first place.
Sorry, I misunderstood, thought you were implying it, given the rest of the post... my bad
Closed Thread