Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 11:23   Link #4241
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I concur. It'd also be nice if Ray Lewis could retire on a high note.
Indeed, I love seeing players I have great respect for, like Lewis and Reed, retiring on high notes. It seems only fitting that the "greats" leave the game on top.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 12:44   Link #4242
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Indeed, I love seeing players I have great respect for, like Lewis and Reed, retiring on high notes. It seems only fitting that the "greats" leave the game on top.
With those two ending their careers... suddenly, Baltimore may no longer compete with Pittsburgh for a while. That leaves the Steelers dominating the division for several more years...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 14:49   Link #4243
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
In my living room we came up with a 3rd "D" word, and said the Pack just got the Discount Double D____^^...I think we win the wordplay...

Thank You Pack for taking 1% of the $hit off the Saints loss...

Hate all the teams left except the Giants, so GEAUX Giants!
The "MVP QB's" Brees and Rodgers... Bye bye. Yet Brady still remains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I hope the 49ers go all the way. Guys like Alex Smith, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Andy Lee, and Patrick Willis have been on this team for years and have never experienced success. I would to all see them with a ring when it's all said and done. Especially Alex Smith. He has had it really rough. This city will go nuclear if the 49ers win. The streets were really crazy after last night's game.
If the Pats get knocked out and the 9'rs remain I'll put my lot in with them. I just love monstrous D lines like they have (which is why I respected the way the 07 Giants took the super bowl despite the pain of watching it). Though I am currently of the mindset we will see a super bowl 42 rematch this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I concur. It'd also be nice if Ray Lewis could retire on a high note.
Ray Lewis is a complete animal. I am very worried he will literally snap Brady in half, desperation of knowing this might be his last shot contributing to his already crazy aggression.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 15:03   Link #4244
GDB

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...mpionship-game

Tebow in the announcer's box? Could make for some interesting conversation.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 15:03   Link #4245
ChainLegacy
廉頗

They'll find any way to get their golden boy involved, I guess.
Old 2012-01-16, 15:47   Link #4246
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Does anyone think Flacco and company can put 30 points on the board next Sunday? They have scored 30+ on a couple of occasions, but not since November 20th.

Does anyone think that Brady and company will be held to under 28 points? The only team to hold New England under that number since the Giants game on November 6th was Miami, and they gave up 27.

Don't be fooled by defensive rankings based on yards allowed. In terms of points, NE is in the middle of the pack at 21.4, or 15th overall in the NFL. Many of the defenses in their mid-season games were cobbled together because of injuries. I believe that Belicheck has put some forty or more different defensive players on the field this season. Saturday's game against Denver was, in my mind, the Pats' best defensive performance of the year. I suspect that has a lot to do with their being healthier now than in mid-season and the effects of more experience and a more predictable roster of defenders on the field.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 15:57   Link #4247
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
They'll find any way to get their golden boy involved, I guess.

Relax, they are referring to Bill Cowher and the Gang, not the announcer's booth. They had Ndamukong Suh on last week and someone else on the week before that. Tebow is a likable, charismatic player, so of course he'll be selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Does anyone think Flacco and company can put 30 points on the board next Sunday? They have scored 30+ on a couple of occasions, but not since November 20th.
Based on the way that Flacco is playing right now? No.

Quote:
Does anyone think that Brady and company will be held to under 28 points? The only team to hold New England under that number since the Giants game on November 6th was Miami, and they gave up 27.
Will be? I don't know, but they could by that Baltimore D. Maybe if Brady and the Patriots pretended that they were Philip Rivers and the Chargers, it would be no contest.

Quote:
I suspect that has a lot to do with their being healthier now than in mid-season and the effects of more experience and a more predictable roster of defenders on the field.
. . .and the fact they were playing Denver also helps.

Last edited by Dilla; 2012-01-16 at 16:12.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 16:03   Link #4248
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Lol, you're disputing my title of him? Of course he's their golden boy. Literal gold. Ratings heaven. Thus, they'll squeeze him in any way they can. And from a business perspective, I don't blame 'em.
Old 2012-01-16, 16:14   Link #4249
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

You posted before my edit.

And Tom Brady is the Golden Boy. Hell, that's his nickname.
Old 2012-01-16, 16:20   Link #4250
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Lol, you're disputing my title of him? Of course he's their golden boy. Literal gold. Ratings heaven. Thus, they'll squeeze him in any way they can. And from a business perspective, I don't blame 'em.
A Tebow appearance probably guarantees another John 3:16 ad from Focus on the Family!

CBS reported that Saturday night's game got the highest ratings for a game in prime-time in eleven years, with an increase in audience of some 14% over the Saturday night game in 2011. Ratings peaked between 9-9:30 at 24% of television households, then declined as the result became obvious. I was watching with my daughter and switched occasionally to the Miss America pageant during the second half just for grins. Talk about "counter-programming!"
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 16:22   Link #4251
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

It seems like every year, there is always a ratings increase for the NFL in some form. At this point, I don't think any other sport has a shot to compete in America, especially with the monster TV deal that was announced last month. More money and higher payrolls for everyone.
Old 2012-01-16, 16:41   Link #4252
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:

Relax, they are referring to Bill Cowher and the Gang, not the announcer's booth. They had Ndamukong Suh on last week and someone else on the week before that. Tebow is a likable, charismatic player, so of course he'll be selected.
I didn't know that, but it's not like I was mad or anything. I actually would expect them to try to include him in some way, he's good for business.

Quote:
You posted before my edit.

And Tom Brady is the Golden Boy. Hell, that's his nickname.
Never heard of that, somehow I don't think that's a nickname widely used in New England, where I live. I was using it more in the sense of the 'favored son,' Tebow being the NFL businessman's favored son this season. But yeah, sounds weird if Brady already had the name. Insert any other favorable title.
Old 2012-01-16, 16:47   Link #4253
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Ed Reed needs a ring more than those guys
Well he will have to wait.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 18:18   Link #4254
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Based on the way that Flacco is playing right now? No.
He was solid yesterday. Had the o-line not been abused by Houston's front seven and the WRs dropped five very catchable passes, the score might have been very different. He definitely has to step up but it's a team game.
Old 2012-01-17, 02:46   Link #4255
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm surprised no one is mentioning Ray Rice considering he's been in the top 3 RBs of the season. If he doesn't go for at least 100 yards in the upcoming game, I'll be amazed. Baltimore usually do better when Flacco throws less and Rice runs more. Flacco doesn't have the WRs to throw to aside from Boldin - he throws to his TEs way more than anyone else. Baltimore had better set up Rice to go berserk or else.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-01-17 at 03:01.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 03:02   Link #4256
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

That's because Ray Rice has only been in the league for like 3 years. He has plenty of years left (~7-8 years for RBs) to get a ring, though this may be his best shot.

Interesting chart about average age of the teams rosters this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...at-53-man-cuts

Oldest Teams (in terms of average player age):
1. Steelers
2. Cardinals
3. Chargers
4. Lions
5. Falcons

Youngest teams (in terms of average player age):
1.) Buccaneers
2.) Packers
3.) Panthers
4.) Bengals
5.) Seahawks
Old 2012-01-17, 10:08   Link #4257
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Don't be fooled by defensive rankings based on yards allowed. In terms of points, NE is in the middle of the pack at 21.4, or 15th overall in the NFL. Many of the defenses in their mid-season games were cobbled together because of injuries. I believe that Belicheck has put some forty or more different defensive players on the field this season. Saturday's game against Denver was, in my mind, the Pats' best defensive performance of the year. I suspect that has a lot to do with their being healthier now than in mid-season and the effects of more experience and a more predictable roster of defenders on the field.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Cowboys held them to 20 in Week 6
Steelers held them to 17 in Week 8

Patriots, Packers and the Saints were basically averaging 30+ point games for the season. So far the Packers and Saints crumbled to defenses that stepped up and forced turnovers.

I'd like to believe Ravens vs. Patriots will play out like 49ers vs. Saints.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 10:15   Link #4258
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Brady crumbled against the Giants defense in the Superbowl a few years back. He crumbled to the Jets defense in the playoffs last year.

The notion Brady is invincible is simply not true. You need a dedicated defense to get to him. And there aren't that many going around this year. That said, you could mount a case for any of the 3 other remaining teams having what's needed to put the brakes on Brady.
Old 2012-01-17, 10:50   Link #4259
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Brady crumbled against the Giants defense in the Superbowl a few years back. He crumbled to the Jets defense in the playoffs last year.

The notion Brady is invincible is simply not true. You need a dedicated defense to get to him. And there aren't that many going around this year. That said, you could mount a case for any of the 3 other remaining teams having what's needed to put the brakes on Brady.
Though this team has a lot more flexibility for Brady. Now he has two beast TE's to dump it to (and to help block, along with the rookie Solder and the venerable Brian Waters now on the line as well). I'm not sure the dedicated rush Brady route is as effective against this new Patriots offense as it was in the past. We'll see though, I'm still worried about Baltimore's D either way.
Old 2012-01-17, 13:38   Link #4260
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
At least LSU got the top recruited QB this year
lol never mind.

Tags
american football, sports