AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-31, 14:12   Link #141
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Looking forward to this I wonder how the Desmond sections will play out this time round.

Also I've seen a lot of people comment negatively about how the trailers only ever seem to depict redcoats dying horribly rather than both sides even though our protagonist is meant to be a neutral party, whats everyones view on it if you even noticed at all ?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 16:42   Link #142
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Looking forward to this I wonder how the Desmond sections will play out this time round.

Also I've seen a lot of people comment negatively about how the trailers only ever seem to depict redcoats dying horribly rather than both sides even though our protagonist is meant to be a neutral party, whats everyones view on it if you even noticed at all ?
From another video I watched, indeed Connor nailed a few Continental soldiers as well. So, I don't see any problem at all since all faithful players of Assassin's Creed games like me know that the storyline always will involve shades of grey and allegiance switching.

In the original Assassin's Creed, some people must have had negative comments about attacking Crusaders because the trailer showed that before they even played the game.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 18:54   Link #143
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

I found the combat a big improvement since Assassin's Creed II.The gameplay from brotherhood and revelations is pretty repetitive.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 08:55   Link #144
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
From another video I watched, indeed Connor nailed a few Continental soldiers as well. So, I don't see any problem at all since all faithful players of Assassin's Creed games like me know that the storyline always will involve shades of grey and allegiance switching.

In the original Assassin's Creed, some people must have had negative comments about attacking Crusaders because the trailer showed that before they even played the game.
Thats only in one more recent video where as 99% of the rest especially the newest depict Connor killing only a large number of redcoats instead of balancing it out, I'm sure it'll likely be less one sided when playing through the game itself but its how its being marketed thats getting to a lot of people.

A lot of people think that Ubisoft are pandering to the US and that they are afraid to depict early Americans being brutally killed by an assassin in case it "hurts feeling" or "upsets" a key market which would effect sales..

From the trailers alone its easy to assume Connor is sided with the US colonies against the nasty British empire which is somewhat ironic when you consider his heritage (being from the mohawk tribe who actually fought for the British) and the time frame period its set it.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 07:10   Link #145
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

achievement (SPOILER)

http://exophase.com/game/assassins-c.../achievements/

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 21:45   Link #146
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

We have a 4-part documentary series about Assassin's Creed III on which all of you should have a look:

Making a Masterpiece:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Combat, Weapons and Tactics:
YouTube

The Hero Behind the War:
YouTube

America, by Land and Sea:
YouTube

That's some sight for sore eyes, I'll tell you this.
Old 2012-10-04, 08:58   Link #147
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well this is an exciting DLC.

Quote:
The Tyranny of King George
As the revolution comes to a close, a new and most unexpected enemy emerges. Driven by the desire to secure the fate of the colonies, the greatest hero of the revolution, George Washington, succumbs to the temptation of infinite power. The new King is born and his reign leaves no one untouched. To return freedom to the land our new hero must dethrone a tyrant he once called friend.
The massive 3-part DLC is a "What-If?" single-player campaign of Washington becoming the America colonies King and turning into a Tyrant.
Old 2012-10-22, 09:07   Link #148
Dark Wing

Pre-order is already available on PSN. You get Assassin Creed 3 PS3 Gold Edition, Assassin Creed 3 Liberation, and Assassin's Creed DLC all for $119.99

This might be the first time I actually buy a digital copy of a game on lunch day.
Old 2012-10-23, 03:22   Link #149
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

For people who want to enjoy a taste of the musical atmosphere of ACIII, listen to this:

25 tracks, 90-second preview each.
Old 2012-10-23, 11:29   Link #150
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
The massive 3-part DLC is a "What-If?" single-player campaign of Washington becoming the America colonies King and turning into a Tyrant.
What-if?s are always fun, and the story behind this one promises to be intriguing. This said, I am not pleased by the announcement that a mission pack centered around Benedict Arnold is supposed to be PS3-exclusive.

Dear developers: gamers do not like the idea of not seeing certain content just because they bought one version of a multiplatform game as opposed to another. The idea of content coming to one of the platforms before others is slightly less repugnant... and on this note, the misuse of the term 'exclusive' to describe this latter case needs to be challenged by the gaming media.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 11:56   Link #151
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
For people who want to enjoy a taste of the musical atmosphere of ACIII, listen to this

25 tracks, 90-second preview each.
It's good to know it still sounds great even without the usual composer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Dear developers: gamers do not like the idea of not seeing certain content just because they bought one version of a multiplatform game as opposed to another. The idea of content coming to one of the platforms before others is slightly less repugnant... and on this note, the misuse of the term 'exclusive' to describe this latter case needs to be challenged by the gaming media.
It's incentive to get the PS3 version over the 360 version for people who own both platforms. This has been done for years: Brotherhood had the Copernicus missions, for instance.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 21:26   Link #152
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Hooray PS3!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 10:43   Link #153
Sumeragi
Banned

I have to admit, when I saw this I was dumbstruck at the pure awesomeness.

Images
King George

Note the scepter?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 12:28   Link #154
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Obviously a piece of eden.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 12:38   Link #155
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

anyway i wondering how Freemasonry will tie to this. secret allies of assassin?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 13:07   Link #156
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Thats only in one more recent video where as 99% of the rest especially the newest depict Connor killing only a large number of redcoats instead of balancing it out, I'm sure it'll likely be less one sided when playing through the game itself but its how its being marketed thats getting to a lot of people.

A lot of people think that Ubisoft are pandering to the US and that they are afraid to depict early Americans being brutally killed by an assassin in case it "hurts feeling" or "upsets" a key market which would effect sales..

From the trailers alone its easy to assume Connor is sided with the US colonies against the nasty British empire which is somewhat ironic when you consider his heritage (being from the mohawk tribe who actually fought for the British) and the time frame period its set it.
If I recall correctly one of the reasons for the war was also because the colonies wanted to expand more to the west as well....
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 16:19   Link #157
Nerroth
NePoi!

Old 2012-10-26, 19:12   Link #158
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I have to admit, when I saw this I was dumbstruck at the pure awesomeness.

Images
King George

Note the scepter?
Like a boss with the piece of Eden.

Not every day that you have George Washington looking as badass as this.
Old 2012-10-27, 01:51   Link #159
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I wish Ubisoft would stick to real historical facts than run off after wild hypothetical tangents like this. I am well aware that the story/universe of AC is one giant "what-if", but most of the fun I derived from the game was watching how they'd find an alternate explanation for certain momentous events in history (rise and fall of the Borgias/Medicis, life of Leonardo da Vinci, etc) and the altered circumstances that would lead to them. I am not very enthused by this evil George Washington DLC; it's a departure that breaks a lil' too much with AC tradition IMHO.

They tried to keep the game historically accurate (and some historical figures in-character) until now, so why stop suddenly?
Old 2012-10-27, 07:13   Link #160
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
I wish Ubisoft would stick to real historical facts than run off after wild hypothetical tangents like this. I am well aware that the story/universe of AC is one giant "what-if", but most of the fun I derived from the game was watching how they'd find an alternate explanation for certain momentous events in history (rise and fall of the Borgias/Medicis, life of Leonardo da Vinci, etc) and the altered circumstances that would lead to them. I am not very enthused by this evil George Washington DLC; it's a departure that breaks a lil' too much with AC tradition IMHO.

They tried to keep the game historically accurate (and some historical figures in-character) until now, so why stop suddenly?
Just so you know, the King Washington DLC is not part of AC3 storyline. It's just a "what if" story if Washington became power mad rather than the good, responsible leader that he was.