AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-06-20, 16:46   Link #541
Irenesharda

Wow, the Macbeths....
That name truly is cursed.

That was one sad and dark episode. And the King of Despair's whistling and later soliloquy was creepy, dreary, and rightly Shakespearean.

Well, we at least narrowed it down to William and Mary being from Scotland. And they have a very close familial bond even though Mary doesn't have any powers.

However, is Mary actually dead? And what did the King do? What was all that at the end? This show took one really dark turn.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 20:13   Link #542
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Wow, the Macbeths....
That name truly is cursed.

That was one sad and dark episode. And the King of Despair's whistling and later soliloquy was creepy, dreary, and rightly Shakespearean.

Well, we at least narrowed it down to William and Mary being from Scotland. And they have a very close familial bond even though Mary doesn't have any powers.

However, is Mary actually dead? And what did the King do? What was all that at the end? This show took one really dark turn.
From what I have gathered, King of Despair stole Leo's sight using that device to actually see the barrier that surrounded the city, and breaks them.
Later, since Mary's heart is also a part of the barrier, he went over and killed her.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 20:38   Link #543
Wandering Soul

This show certainly took a dark turn. This episode felt like part of a completely different show. It really makes me wonder how Libra is going to be involved in resolving all of this.
Old 2015-06-20, 21:17   Link #544
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Darn.

And thus starts the greatest, most frustrating two-week wait of this season.

You planned this all along, didn't you, King of Despair?

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 03:33   Link #545
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
It really makes me wonder how Libra is going to be involved in resolving all of this.
Yes, I'm wondering about that, too. Obviously we're going to get a lot of Leo, but at this rate it's going to require a lot of writer magic to be able to integrate Libra into the story in a satisfactory way. I guess they'll need Klaus at the very least, to eventually be where Black is, but the rest...?
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 07:04   Link #546
James Rye

Black killed White and Leo sheds a tear alone in the dark. Dang it all! Don't sink my ghost girl x demon eyes ship! Gimme the happy ending! I want the happy ending route! ;A;
Old 2015-06-21, 08:45   Link #547
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Yes, I'm wondering about that, too. Obviously we're going to get a lot of Leo, but at this rate it's going to require a lot of writer magic to be able to integrate Libra into the story in a satisfactory way. I guess they'll need Klaus at the very least, to eventually be where Black is, but the rest...?
Killing fodder, going by the ep1 opening scene.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 09:17   Link #548
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Killing fodder, going by the ep1 opening scene.
No no no, that's just for a short while and they do interesting stuff for the rest of the time! Let me hope, dammit!
Old 2015-06-21, 12:13   Link #549
Hamster

After reading spoilers I don't think I want to watch the episode anymore.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 12:41   Link #550
Dop
Mmmm....

Loved the "Scanners" reference.

The Macbeth family, eh? Must have a hell of a problem making theatre reservations.

So wait, we have to wait two weeks for the last two episodes?
Well played, King of Despair, well played....

Last edited by Dop; 2015-06-21 at 13:40. Reason: finger trouble
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 13:37   Link #551
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Heh, I enjoyed listening to KugiRie talk to herself for almost the whole episode.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 15:30   Link #552
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I know Nightow didn't write it but this reminded me of Trigun when the first episodes were "LOVE AND PEACE" and the second half was "EVERYBODY DIES!"

I wonder if they planned a second season cos the catastrophe the King of Despair made seems like it would need some time to solve it
Old 2015-06-21, 15:48   Link #553
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I know Nightow didn't write it but this reminded me of Trigun when the first episodes were "LOVE AND PEACE" and the second half was "EVERYBODY DIES!"
In Trigun the transition from pure comedy to "this is actually serious" was a lot slower and more natural, though. And of course it didn't have two plotlines running at the same time. (And even the second half was LOVE AND PEACE, just a bit more complicated...)

I'm fairly sure they're going to close the anime original story in the last episode, they've prepared everything for it. I don't think they planned a second season, unless of course this was always planned to be a split cour series and nobody knew about it. I think whether we get a second season mostly depends on whether the staff is up for it - I'm sure there's enough manga material to base it on, but if Matsumoto feels she said all she wanted to say with the show...

(Then again, Gatchaman Crowds of all things, got a second season, so there's still a glimmer of hope.)
Old 2015-06-21, 17:01   Link #554
Dragonria

the last episode didn't feel like a kekkai sensen episode to me, it was neither fun nor entertaining. Just give me back Zapp, chain, klaus and the rest of the team, i don't care about those two blond melodrama
Dragonria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 18:15   Link #555
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
This show certainly took a dark turn. This episode felt like part of a completely different show. It really makes me wonder how Libra is going to be involved in resolving all of this.
I think the mood and tone shift was very deliberate tbh. There setting the stakes for the final, to make the hero's saving the day more epic.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 18:43   Link #556
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Loved the "Scanners" reference.
That was awesome.

Totally loving where this is going, nice backstory on White and Black. Looking forward to what happens next.

(I had fallen behind and marathoned the last several epis the lunch scenes in epi 10 was fall on the floor funny, I was dying).
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 03:50   Link #557
Dragonria

The first volume of Kekkai Sensen sold a total of 16955 boxes
BD: 12171
DVD: 4784

i think we might get a second season thanks to that

Source: http://imgur.com/a/edH8k
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3845463920?pn=1

Last edited by Dragonria; 2015-06-23 at 04:01.
Dragonria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 08:58   Link #558
MCAL

So Kekkai Sensen ended up selling more then 15K after all. Congratulations Rie Matsumoto and Bones.

Yeah, a second season is pretty much a guarantee at this point. Either that or a lot of OVAs.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 21:36   Link #559
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonria View Post

That is a lot of DVD's. It must have hit a female nerve somewhere. I wonder if we are going to get a lot of Yaoi material about it.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 21:44   Link #560
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonria View Post

Agreed...that is pretty impressive. Even if the finale is weak the rest of it has been spectacular (at least for me) and if they keep this up in a second season I could easily see it being regarded as a good investment potentially.

Tags
action, supernatural