AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-01-25, 20:36   Link #50321
demino_hellsin
That one guy

And the greatest plothole in history has been exposed.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 20:43   Link #50322
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ok, to let you guys know what am I doing:

Quote:
Chapter I
Kakusei

Third World War, or The War that end all Wars as people use to call it. First started as small clash between countries, it soon bloomed into a full-scale war between world superpowers: China, America, EU, Russia,... Just after one year, only one year and yet one third of the world population - More than 5 billion - Had vanished into oblivion because of tactical nuclear missiles, orbital bombardment and many, many more. For the first time, the term “Space Warfare” became reality. Mother Earth never be the same again, for no corner of the world were left untouched and thus bringing a fierce Terraforming process. No one know which kill people more: The War, or the Nuclear Winter that followed it. Only one fact had been confirmed: Humanity had never pushed itself so close to the verge of extinction.

After the long and bloody war, remaining shambled countries finally came into an agreement: They renounce their own government in favor of a united body, the United States of Earth (USE). Human has learnt their lesson from the bitter lost, and so it vowed to never let a similar Calamity to happen again in the future. In this united world, there are no more barrier that divided us: Race, Nationality, Language,...For the past 50 years, USE has miraculously mended many wounds and scars of the world, an achievement that once seemed impossible in the past. The future has never look so bright like then for us.

However, it look like God has got another plan for his children. Just as we continue to advance forward, a disaster occurred: The first encounter with Extraterrestrial Specie ended up in disaster. Even today, after 8 years, many details of this accident are still shrouded in mystery. As the record go, in 2089, a scientific outpost on the Moon contacted an unknown life form. A short description of them was found in the personal diary of Dr. Orimura:

“The Unknown has humanoid figure, however, they were much bigger than the average human: The smallest in the group that we encountered is estimated to be at least 5m tall and 3m big. They wore thick metal spacesuits, with were also integrated with small thrusters that enable them to hover freely in space. A very resilient type of material was used, I may add, for they could stand directly under the scorching Sun, which could raise the temperature on the Moon to 123 degree Celsius, unlike us who were kept in thick suits with fish bowls on our heads. Their faces were hidden by masks the whole time, and they refused to remove them, so I could not confirmed whether do they have a similar facial structure to us. However, they seem to posses knowledge about us human: They could conversed with us in English, albeit in synthesized tone, presumably through a translation program...”

As these guests denied to be seen on camera, no further information of them was recorded. The only fact was knowledged is: When the scientists who first made this astonishing discovery tried to contact the aliens again, they were slaughtered, as well as all men who were living on the Moon. Lutetia, the City of Light, USE’s prize achievement and Humanity’s symbol of union, was destroyed in the rain of ion beam. One ship no bigger than USE’s Light Frigate Falcon-class ship and yet they tacked 10,000 casualties with it. The last survivors were forced to leave their home for Earth, and the Parliament making a desperate choice to ensure our lives: Utilizing the remaining number of Nuclear Missiles to repel the invasion. They succeeded, but not without a price: No satellites or orbital elevators survived through the bombardment.

Now, it’s A.D 2097, 7 years after the nightmare. By Leaps and Bounds, UE has been re-building and re-exploiting all of their space resources. However, they still haven’t fully recover - Scientists forecast that it would take a decade more for human to recovered to their pre-Crisis status. The mass is still optimistic about the future, though, and everyone is looking forward to the upcoming century which they see that is full of nothing but Light...
September 27, 2097. The State of Japan, Tokyo city
(Pant...Pant...) “Hey, wait for me!”

“Speed up, dude! You’ll never make it with this speed!” Aren’t you the one who drag me to this goose chase in first place? Why me, Ichika Shinonono, an ordinary teenager couldn’t enjoy his birthday in an ordinary fashion? I know that I turned 16 today, but after a tired week of school and part-time work, all I want to is having a day to sleep...

“What are you standing here for! Run!”

...And that’s my best buddy, Dan Gotanda. He is the first friend I made when entered Middle School. Now, in High School, we still share the same class. And I’m currently taking a part-time job at the Gotanda Eatery, his family’s restaurant. I usually appreciate befriending a great guy like him, but not in this case. He woke me up at 9.00 AM, and then drag this groggy me to who-know-where.

We continue to run for a few minute until the sight of Tokyo Tower in front of me. Then, Dan lead me to the elevator to the top. Through the translucent wall, I could have a wide view of the city. Since the first time 7 years ago, this city still amaze me of how complex it’s. Rows of skyscrapers stretching to the horizon. Several parks, waterparks, stadium and various leisure places located everywhere in the city. Tiny dots moving across the chessboard, human rushing to their destination by high-speed electric cabs or subways, all work automatically. And far, far away. you could make sense of the tiny white spot that is the top of Mt. Fuji, where snow never melt even in the summer.

“Why do you take me to this place, Dan? Can't I just have a quiet day for myself!”

“If you want to spend your birthday laying in the bed, then no. I won’t let my best friend to turn into a man in that way. And for what the surprise is...” He chuckle. “...See it for yourself!”

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY ICHIKA!!!”

“...Guys...You don’t have to do this...” Waiting for me is all of my friend in the class, wearing party hats and blowing horns. Behind them, I could see a big banter of “Congratulation to make it to your 16th year!” Yeah...Really encouraging...

“Nonsense! You are our friend, and friend has to stay together, right?”

“But how did you get the top floor for this?”

“Do you remember Karin’s father, Kazou-san? He owns the tower, and it’s turned out that it’s going to be closed for maintenance in a few day. However, Karin convinced her father is to lent us this for your “Manhood Ceremony”!”... That doesn’t sound very good. I ask him:

“What do you mean “Manhood Ceremony”?”

“Everyone, please let the star of this show to go through!...And here it’s!”

“What is here? I don’t see anything beside a rope.”

“And that is the ceremony: Bungee Jump from the top of Tokyo Tower!” ...Now I really regret to befriend Dan.

“Can’t I refuse this?”

“NO!”

“At least you could had tell me what to expect!” Said Ichika while nursing his bumped head. Around him and Gotanda, everyone have dissolved into small group, chatting with each other. The two of them stand in a corner where they have a full view of the city below. Dan just humbled his red head in an unknown melody:

“Then what is the fun in that! And beside, your sister asked me to make this for you.”

“Wait...What did Tabane-nee say to you?”

“Here!” Dan wave the camera hanging on his neck. “She told me “Please video my brother so that I could blackmail him.” Nothing personal, Ichika...Maybe I would show it here!”
“Oh no you don’t...”

“Yes I do! Hey, everyone! Do you guys want to see Ichika in diaper?”

“Give me that!...Hey!”

“Catch me if you can!”

“Come back here! Now!...Ahhh!!!” The tower suddenly shake violently, making the two running boys stumbled onto each other. The lamps go off, and all the glasses be knocked over.

“What is this? Another earthquake?” Even after the Terraforming, the Pacific Rim is still in movement, if not even more violently. And with the location of directly over above it, Japan suffer the full brunt. For the record, the nation suffer from more than 2000 earthquake a year, or 6 per day. However, for this carefully constructed tower to shake, it must has been a really strong one. Or something worse...

“Hey, look!” One boy shout and point his hand to the sky. Everyone, including Dan, rush to the scopes that are used for observation. Ichika, though, suddenly has an ill feeling. It’s like ants are crawling under his skin.

“What is it, Dan? Let me see!”

“Hey, don’t push!”

Through the lenses, Ichika could vaguely make sense of what seem to be...planes engaging in dogfight? A bit more closer, and he could see metal gleams under the sun, trace of exhaust fuel, and laser beams. The three similar looking grey machines is cornering the fourth one, a red one, very much bulkier-looking like the rest. Although it’s larger and slower than its enemy, the crimson machine is still able to stand the ground with only two curve swords in hands.

“What could be them? Military weapons? ”

“No, I have never seen anything like this before...I’ve no idea what those are.” Ichika whisper hesitantly, holding his breath to observe the fight before him. No, he has seen those one before...When Oka-san and Otou-san were still alive...

“Infinitus...Potentia...”

“Do you think...Hey, Ichika! Earth to Ichika!” Dan wave his hand, try to wake up his friend from day-dreaming.

“Oh, sorry! I must have spaced out. What were you saying again?” Ichika shake his head, flush away the unknown blueprints and diagrams appears in his head. Although one still lingers his mind: the image of a white mechanical suit.

“Do you think that I should take a picture of them and sell it to a magazine? We could make tons of money with it!” Ichika unconsciously nodded his head. The abnormal armor still cover his mind. And now, it’s murmurs. Not from the confused yet excited crowd, but something far more greater, far more worse. As Dan carefully choose a suitable position for a his picture, much more disturbing scene go through Ichika eyes:

The ground burn...The sky burn...The people burn...

“Three...Two...One...” In that flash of the camera, Ichika suddenly become panic and terrified. He has an urge to scream, to flee in all cost from these. Follow his instinct, he yell:

“Everyone, GET DOWN!!!”

*Ka-BOOM*

The moment these words left his mouth, a giant explosion erupt. A pink beam tear through the sky, pinning the the lower part of the tower. It lean to the left, and the floor suddenly tilt to one side, bringing everyone with it. The only thing that stop them from falling to the ground below is a layer of glass. And it’s creaking, meaning it won’t last long.

“Ichika!” Dan shout. One of his hand is grabbing a metal pole. “Give me your hand, now!” The Orimura desperately struggle to get a hold of his friend, but...

*rrr...RRR...Clash!*

“DAN!!!” The glass finally sucumb to the weigh and crash.Ichika, as well as everyone, was pulled down by gravity and the powerful wind blows around the tower. In that moment, luckily, Ichika managed to grab the bungee rope...

“Damn it!” And on the other end of the rope, it’s Dan. With all his might, he pull the rope. But no, he can’t do a thing - Ichika is just too heavy, that’s all. Dan silently cursed himself for slacking of PE, as well as the monsters flying even closer to them. In here, he could even see the tiny horn on the crimson machine’s head.

“Dan.. Let me go.”

“NO! GET UP! ICHIKA!!!” Eyes close, Ichika finally let go of his hand....

So, this is the end of the road, huh?...

I must agree that you’re truly alive when facing death. Everything is like looking through a Kaleidoscope, which colors got stronger until your eyes got blinded by their brightness. Even the tiniest dusk is like a mirror reflecting Sun. A dreadful, yet also full of excitement feeling running through my veins. It’s like a pleasant dream if you close your eyes and let the wind brush through you. And like all dream, it doesn’t last long.

People says that your head is flooded with memories, dream and other stuffs when you’re near death. But for me now, dropping toward the the hard ground, the only thing that I still conscious of is what the blowing wind whispers to me:

What is this?...

I’m... bleeding!...

I don’t want to die! Save me!...

Men, Women, Children, Families, they all scream of agony, of pain, of being tormented seeing their beloved and themself dying. They all have one core thought between then: Why am I die? What did I do? WHY?

And they all yearn for Revenge, for the Justice that they never have. As well as the me who knows that its short life is going to end. Slowly, the pleasant feeling fades away, replaced by the dreaded feeling of death and powerless.

The pressure is too much for me to bear. It makes me want to cry in pain and terror. And I do cry, in my mind, for all energy seems has left me. The freezing sensation running upward from my feet, through my spiral, creeping through every neuron in my brain. Aghhh!!! It hurt!...I try to shut it down, but the red waves, they are corroding...no, more like plunging me into the depth of Hell with the victims!

....But in that moment, a crystal clear voice, like a lucid note in this disorder symphony, echo through my heart and sooths my pain:
“Do you want Justice?...Or vengeance? Do you want to regain your humanity? Yes or No?”
“Yes!” And I found myself consumed by Light....

Tokyo Tower has totally collapsed with a loud explosion. The metal has been twisted, cracked, melted. Debris of its and from other building fly everyone, blocking the blue sky and replace it with a desert-yellow dome. Its weight help to bring down the whole block surrounds it. Nothing is left of the one proud tower that is the beacon of Tokyo.

But what is more astonishing is the existence that is slowly descending. Simply say, it’s the perfect example of what you would expect of a machine coming from some sci-fi movie. It has a humanoid figure, albeit much more bulkier. The outer layer of metal is painted blue and silver, with some place like the torso and foot are red. The armor doesn’t cover everything, though, and from the patches of skin that is shown under it, we know that it’s piloted by a human. The chest of it houses a sphere and two antennas that sprout from the top. Two binders hang on its shoulder, together with the thrusters on the legs, are discharging silver particles that look like dancing flames from afar. On its left arm is a Diamond-and-Oval shaped Shield, and the other right wrist is a sword, which could be best describe as a really big folding knife with the blade folded behind the arm - The length seems to be more than 1 meter. However, the most imitating feature is the head: It has two big headphones/antennas on both sides - “Rabbit Ears” arrangement. A small piece of metal that represent a chin, and amouthplate. Its eyes glow, brighter than the shining Sun, threaten to set on fire anyone who dare to look straight into these globes. From the first looks, everyone could say that this not a machine of Peace, the marriage between War and Science.

Last edited by Fireminer; 2014-01-25 at 23:43.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 22:29   Link #50323
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Damn it, Blitz, I was TRYING to avoid the mental image of a younger Chifuyu saying 'Onii-chan~!' -

*nosebleed*

0A0
Old 2014-01-26, 01:50   Link #50324
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
They still use Twitter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
And the greatest plothole in history has been exposed.
Qixiang's shoutcast/twitter years were from 2008 to 2014. Tw33t, j00t00b and Spacebook was popular back then and therefore central to Qixiang's pre-IS living.

It is a different time from now in 2021, when MadobeCorp using IE-tan and Nanami OS had won the mobile war, destroyed Pineapple and became a major force in modern day interwebz standing in the way of Goggles.
Old 2014-01-26, 02:12   Link #50325
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Now I'm not sure if you're taking this seriously or just making fun of me. Maybe both XD
Old 2014-01-26, 02:25   Link #50326
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Damn it, Blitz, I was TRYING to avoid the mental image of a younger Chifuyu saying 'Onii-chan~!' -

*nosebleed*

0A0
Whoa
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 03:58   Link #50327
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
The grey clouds slowly made their way across the sky, bringing in the crisp, cool Northern wind to the small island nation. For one Orimura Ichika, he was dreading the arrival of yet more snow. Some of his classmates who had traveled from warmer climes were absolutely fascinated by the snow, playing eagerly in it every chance they got. Presently, he was peaking out of the window as he warmed up some hot cocoa for his sisters. Yes, his sisters.

By some quirk of fate (or demanding fans), the girl called 'Madoka' had come to live with them. As he looked back on it, he really hadn't minded the 'intrusion' as Chifuyu-nee put it. In honesty, the two of them acted in a very feline manner around each other the first couple of weeks, with Chifuyu being unusually territorial with everything in the house. He even swore that he saw their hackles rise up whenever they came within close proximity of each other, lips pushed into thin lines, eyes narrowed and posture straight and threatening. He made the mistake of joking about getting them cat ears so they can look the part, which earned him having his head nearly bitten off by a blushing Chifuyu. What was curious, even as he was held in a vicious headlock by his elder sister, he spied a similar blush on Madoka's face as she just looked down at him with those cold, unfeeling eyes of hers... Wait, was she angry or embarrassed?

Now, a few weeks later, his two superstar sisters were able to sit in the living room together without the beginnings of a fight brewing. Granted, they sat in opposite chairs, and had relegated control of the TV to a set schedule, but nonetheless, it was definitely progress. The fiasco during Christmas holiday was almost forgotten except that now, Madoka seemed more docile after she had woken up that morning, curled up next to him. He looked up to see an unusually pensive look on her face before she wordlessly walked out of his room. Oh, she still teased him as par the course of an Orimura, but her tone had an unmistakeable shift in it. It was a change that he rather liked more than her temperament from before. Now, if only Chifuyu-nee wouldn't glare a hole through the back of his head from time to time...

"Here you go, hot cocoa," he announced as he carried the steaming mugs on a platter to the living room were the both of them were. While Madoka was lying on her back in the sofa, playing some sort of game on her cell phone, Chifuyu was organizing lesson plans for the next month.

"Thanks," she replied offhandedly, pouring over the information contained on three different tablets. Taking a deep breath, she let the tablet she was currently working on fall to the tabletop and relaxed back into the chair. "Such a pain," she sighed, taking the offered mug from Ichika and inhaling the scent from the steaming liquid. "Cocoa, huh?"

"Well, coffee seemed to be a bit much for today," he told her, walking over to where Madoka was sprawled out over the couch. "Here ya go."

"..." The girl put the phone down and looked at him for a moment before taking the warm mug with both hands. "...thanks," she muttered, avoiding eye contact with him, to Chifuyu's mild amusement.

"You're welcome," he beamed back at her, unmindful of the blush appearing on her face at his smile and words.
Ah, working on the next drabble. :3
Old 2014-01-26, 04:11   Link #50328
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Fast, Tempest, Fast!

Anyone know what is Ichika's machine that I described? Hint: 00P
Old 2014-01-26, 04:47   Link #50329
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Now I'm not sure if you're taking this seriously or just making fun of me. Maybe both XD
I was serious. In all my universes, I've had social media present, albeit with different names and origins. However, they are renames:

Youtube = j00t00b
2chan = @chan
4chan = $chan
Facebook = Spacebook <-- Circa 2015 starts to decline in my stories
Twitter = Tw33t <-- Is absorbed by Goggles circa 2017 in my stories
MySpace = Highface <-- the premier social network of choice in 2020s to 2030s era stories

A sample of companies:
Google = Goggles
Apple = Pineapple
Microsoft = MadobeCorp (This is a really complex reference: Madobe means "By The Window". Nanami OS refers to Nanami of Windows 7 fame, and IE-tan is well, Aizawa Inori.)
@Freezer Games = Acti/Blizzard
EaSoft = Electronic Arts (EaSoft in Meisterverses actually dabbles in diabolical schemes, well, sometimes, if I bother to pull them out!)

Other brands that get transmogrified in Meisterverse:
Samsung = Sanhyung
Galaxy series = GALAX (from Gatchaman CROWDS)
Nokia = Rukia
Domino's Pizza = Topple Guy's
Wendy's = Joseph's (taken from Toaru)
WcDonald's = Mac's (taken from about 3-4 anime lol)

Some random names transformed:
CERN = SERN
Bill Gates = That character who appears in Hyperdimensional Neptunia!
US President = A random darkskinned guy.

Kamen Rider = SHOOTiNG ST@R
Super Sentai = Idol Sentai
Uchuu Keiji = Ginga Fairy

*RUNS*

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2014-01-26 at 04:58.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 05:03   Link #50330
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Anyone know what is Ichika's machine that I described? Hint: 00P
*sigh*... Astraea.
Old 2014-01-26, 05:33   Link #50331
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Zero, you've got a cookie!

And Firefox? Opera? Sun Java?

Also, just thinking, have you ever imagine that 30 years from now, a lot people wouldn't know what is a cassette?
Old 2014-01-26, 07:23   Link #50332
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that level of delusion... I'm not even sure if I want to reach it anymore
Old 2014-01-26, 07:37   Link #50333
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Damn it, the Chuunibyou was too stronk!
Old 2014-01-26, 08:22   Link #50334
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Imagination > Reality
Old 2014-01-26, 09:20   Link #50335
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Imagination > Reality
Yup, I walked right into that one.
Old 2014-01-26, 09:44   Link #50336
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think... I've been going about IS all wrong...
Old 2014-01-26, 16:49   Link #50337
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

*nosebleed*

0A0
Split personality lol. It would have been more amusing if we had the whole saikin imouto setting with Chifuyu. Chifuyu being the kuudere before getting occassionally possessed by a yandere Madoka ghost. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 17:52   Link #50338
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I think... I've been going about IS all wrong...
Idol Stratos Build Fighters!

*RUNS*
Old 2014-01-26, 18:36   Link #50339
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I must embrace the ridiculous points of the series as well as add serious plot.
Old 2014-01-26, 18:49   Link #50340
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Last time it was Kamen Rider, now it's Gundam?

Let's see...Dark Matter Susanowo for Houki?

Say, where is Ichika's house exactly?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest