AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-24, 17:57   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Total Eclipse - Character Discussion - Cryska Barchenowa

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Cryska Barchenowa related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Total Eclipse fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN. (Remember: if hasn't happened in the anime, it's a spoiler!)

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-24 at 18:28.
Old 2012-07-24, 22:41   Link #2
Miraluka
Banned

Is very obvious she's not some angry jealous lesbian but being a cold person who's grown to be figthing tool for her country's sake and can only be open to a similar like Inia that could also explain why so hostile to Yuuya.
Old 2012-07-25, 04:14   Link #3
Destined_Fate

The girls are like sisters not lesbians. They also seem to be very connected to each other and can share each others thoughts/feelings. Just like how the little one can read Yuuya's thoughts and thinks nothing of it, it's something natural for her.

Cryska is just overprotective since Inia is the only family she has and can rely on.
Old 2012-07-25, 06:19   Link #4
Ray
Garnet

Lesbian? Really? Some people just can't let sisters be sisters, eh?

Japan, why the hell would you call such a beauty "Rat"? s:
Old 2012-07-25, 06:24   Link #5
Destined_Fate

I call it mental conditioning, some just can't see family bonds in Anime anymore. Just like how in SEED everyone wanted Kira x Cagalli than we learn... Yeah.

I don't see any lesbian tendencies at all in either, they just seem like overly close sisters. There was nothing sexual about them bathing together.
Old 2012-07-25, 06:31   Link #6
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
They're like sisters for God sake!!! They just care for one another.
Old 2012-07-25, 06:49   Link #7
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post

I used to have a pet rat. She was the cutest pet I ever had. Too bad she only lived two years. ;_;
Old 2012-07-25, 07:16   Link #8
DoomRavager

Quote:

Perhaps someone at

Spoiler for Kryska background that's not yet in the anime, being extra careful:

had a healthy sense of humor.
Old 2012-07-25, 08:18   Link #9
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Note the differing surnames. The Scarlet Sisters aren't sisters by blood. That said, the bond between pilot and RIO transcends friendship and romance into something more...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-07-25, 08:27   Link #10
Destined_Fate

That something more doesn't exactly have to translate into sexual encounters or feelings of lust you know...
Old 2012-07-25, 08:38   Link #11
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Anyone would get possessively jealous if the "imouto" have a voice as sweet as Mamiko's.
Old 2012-07-25, 09:00   Link #12
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That something more doesn't exactly have to translate into sexual encounters or feelings of lust you know...
I know. I didn't say it had to. Given that you came to that interpretation... ;D

That said, it's been seen IRL that pilots and RIOs, as well as helo pilots and gunners, have very close relationships that transcend basic friendship - if not quite love. These are people who on a daily basis support and rely on each other in order to live. That's a bond that cannot be broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Anyone would get possessively jealous if the "imouto" have a voice as sweet as Mamiko's.
Exactly. Hence Cryska isn't trying to protect the Terminator, she's being possessively jealously protective of her sweet-voiced imouto.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-07-25, 12:13   Link #13
shaga
ヒスイ刈り取り機

can't blame her
inia sweet voice make evryone going crazy

especially when she asking other guys "are you cold",grabbed his arm and invited a guys in the room with just bed inside,

dunno what'll happen next if cryska not come,lol
Old 2012-07-25, 12:21   Link #14
Destined_Fate

Just a bed? Did you forget about the Bear? Who do you think told Cryska that there was an intruder? The connection Cryska has with Inia? No, it was the bear who has a real connection with both women.
Old 2012-07-25, 12:44   Link #15
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Either it's psychic, or it's actually secretly housing an AI that's keeping tabs on Inia.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-07-25, 12:56   Link #16
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Myssha is haunted by the spirit of Psycho Mantis.
Old 2012-07-25, 13:57   Link #17
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I call it mental conditioning, some just can't see family bonds in Anime anymore. Just like how in SEED everyone wanted Kira x Cagalli than we learn... Yeah.

I don't see any lesbian tendencies at all in either, they just seem like overly close sisters. There was nothing sexual about them bathing together.
Quote:

Seriously? If there's any question about it (and I'm not sure there actually is; I mean, all I see here on AS is people pointing out that they're not involved, not anyone claiming that they are ), it's coming from the fact that most of the Cryska/Inia scenes so far are heavy on the fanservice. Consider Ep. 4, where after Yuuya's dragged off by the goons, we next see them snuggling naked in a bathtub sized for one. Obviously, a scene like that is intended for the titillation of the viewers (otherwise they could have been just chatting together fully dressed in some neutral location or the like). The problem for those who have their yuri goggles tied on too tightly is that they confuse the sexual tension thus created between the viewer and the show with sexual tension existing between the characters inside the show. That is, those scenes do contain a sexual element, but it's on the meta-level, not between Cryska and Inia.

Plus, seriously, the idea of Inia in a sexual relationship with anyone makes me faintly nauseous , but this is the Cryska thread so this really isn't the place for that.
Old 2012-07-25, 14:04   Link #18
Destined_Fate

It's supposed to look that way, they're creepy close but there's no sexual desires or intentions between either of them. They're sisters and that's that. Besides, this at least helps sell certain material to fans that are into not-sisters being in love with each other. It's shameless but it's profitable.
Old 2012-07-25, 16:14   Link #19
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Ok. For those with the yuri goggles. Read this.

Spoiler for sexual orientation of Cryska and Inia:
This might be a dumb question, but...

Spoiler for Out of curiosity...:
Old 2012-07-25, 17:43   Link #20
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

they could be bi it doesnt need to be one or the other and the reason thier surnames are different is because
Spoiler for ...:
and being who they are they have the same DNA . from what i remember reading

Tags
characters