AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2006-11-24, 14:10   Link #341
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Actually, M L Monster's translation provides what is probably the real reason it'll never happen: YURIA won't voice H scenes (no matter how much anyone begs and pleads), and they're not going to re-cast her role. What you posted in the Q&A thread is more like the justification they've written into the story and, as they point out, it's actually revisionistic history to a degree. They kinda sorta worked around it in Really? Really! by making her mute during that scene, but that's about as far as they'll go (and, again, they have potential in-story "justification" on both counts).

The Ama-san MILF club still dream

Maybe they can one of the other VA's do the H scenes for her?
Old 2006-11-24, 14:40   Link #342
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Maybe they can [get] one of the other VA's do the H scenes for her?
Well, there are a number of reasons why that probably wouldn't help. First, if you don't want there to be a massive disconnect, you'd have to find a sound-alike, and if you do that, there'd probably be rumours that it was YURIA after all. Otherwise, you have to re-cast the whole role, and that's probably bad PR for Navel (plus, again, the connection of Ama=YURIA would be hard to break at this point). That's probably why she's saying to give up on the idea; they've written an in-story rationalization, and they'll probably just leave it at that. It's good to dream, but when she basically says "it won't happen, no matter how much you beg me or the production team", that certainly makes it unlikely.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 15:36   Link #343
ponydash
Nyoro~n!

You've got to admire her in some ways for the stance she's taking, and for sticking with it. It may be a shame that we won't get any H-scenes with Ama, but Navel have done the next best thing by finding a clever way around it (not the having her voice on mute, but with having her seen naked but not in a H-scene).

Anyhow, the Shuffle! universe still has plenty of girls for Rin to choose from. So, anybody want to start taking bets as to who the next game is going to be based on?

Latest: Win a LTD Edition of Tick! Tack! Come to our site and register for more details!
ponydash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 15:43   Link #344
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponydash View Post
You've got to admire her in some ways for the stance she's taking, and for sticking with it. It may be a shame that we won't get any H-scenes with Ama, but Navel have done the next best thing by finding a clever way around it (not the having her voice on mute, but with having her seen naked but not in a H-scene).

Anyhow, the Shuffle! universe still has plenty of girls for Rin to choose from. So, anybody want to start taking bets as to who the next game is going to be based on?

My bet is on Sai, then Primula, Asa and then the side characters. Kareha and Mayumi.
Old 2006-11-24, 15:48   Link #345
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

Sia I can see as a possibility. As for primula, I'm just going to hide under my bed if that happens.
bobmarleypeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 15:53   Link #346
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

So, wait a sec, Ama has sex with her own daughter in this game? And it's all in Kaede's memories? Kaede's more perverted then I thought which doesn't seem right. I'll hope for an all ages version, has there been an all ages version of Tick! Tack!? That may or may not give me hope.
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 16:30   Link #347
ponydash
Nyoro~n!

No, there's no all age version of Tick Tack (and to be honest I doubt there will be due to the fact they'd have to rewrite vast amounts of the script to replace the h-scenes). If there will be though, you can bet it'll come out on the PS2 like Shuffle! On The Stage (go check the website in my signature for reviews of these games btw).

I think they will probably do Sia's game next, and I'd bet money that they set it in the God's world with Sia's mothers and maybe a couple more new characters. I think they might do Asa then, which would be a good opportunity to add Kareha and Tsubomi to the H-scene list, then finish with Primula.

Latest: Win a LTD Edition of Tick! Tack! Come to our site and register for more details!
ponydash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 16:43   Link #348
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The absurdity of the situations being portrayed is starting to make my brain hurt. I suspect Tick!Tack! was my last Navel purchase. Carry on, ya'll.
Old 2006-11-24, 18:01   Link #349
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The absurdity of the situations being portrayed is starting to make my brain hurt.
Based on the impressions of people who've seen the CGs, people who are speculating based on quick comments from people who've seen the CGs, or...? You had your mind set against it to begin with based on the slimmest speculation, and now your brain is hurting based on the most shallow of impressions? Not that I'm defending it -- I won't receive my copy 'till next week at the earliest -- but I just think it's a bit too early to judge the "absurdity of the situations" since there haven't yet been any detailed story impressions from people who've actually played the game (and can understand it).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 18:26   Link #350
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, my brain has been twixting on the advertising from the "official mouthpieces" ... aka the whole game concept of R!R? (traveling into the mind of Kaede and have sex there). I certainly like the character Kaede and am willing to give the Memories series a shot.... but I may just be in the minority of "wtf?" with this game unless I start hearing a premise better explained.

I do like the puzzle idea of "choose the incorrect statement" ... that involves a bit more interaction than a typical date-sim.
Old 2006-11-24, 18:45   Link #351
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
I do like the puzzle idea of "choose the incorrect statement" ... that involves a bit more interaction than a typical date-sim.
and whats more if you cant read jap then randomly picking choices will hit you back 2 or 3 times as hard

yea i agree that the whole concept is kinda wierd and random...just a big dream for kaede...but arent dreams supposed to go how you want it to go? :3 and just when kaede gets rin...she wakes up dammit! >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 21:38   Link #352
Garet Linegod

Quote:
Actually, my brain has been twixting on the advertising from the "official mouthpieces" ... aka the whole game concept of R!R? (traveling into the mind of Kaede and have sex there). I certainly like the character Kaede and am willing to give the Memories series a shot.... but I may just be in the minority of "wtf?" with this game unless I start hearing a premise better explained.
Err... if you put it that way, in theory every dating-sim game would be boring then - It's just "pick the girl that appeals to you from the bunch, then have sex with her".

But seriously, the focus of the story here isn't to "go into someone's mind and have sex", but "reliving the past which was never mentioned in Shuffle! as you travel from one memory piece to another". I haven't reached to any H-scenes yet, but I found myself thoroughly enjoying learning about more about the cast through the memories. Things like how they first met Itsuki and Mayumi, how the KKK was formed etc.

To Deathkillz: It's not a dream for Kaede, but that her memories had been shattered and became all jumbled up. You're going into her mind to fix up those memories and piece them all back together. So it was really out of Kaede's hand whether she had wanted something to happen - she simply thought that it has happened already, because it's a part of her supposed "memory".
Garet Linegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 22:21   Link #353
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Based on the CGs, there are few strange fetishes around as well =/
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 00:23   Link #354
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponydash View Post
I think they will probably do Sia's game next, and I'd bet money that they set it in the God's world with Sia's mothers and maybe a couple more new characters. I think they might do Asa then, which would be a good opportunity to add Kareha and Tsubomi to the H-scene list, then finish with Primula.
You can bank on that! I bet you will be able to do Sia's other half and her in the same scene (And bring back the Harem-eros, the lack of Asa/Kaede is disturbing). Come to think of it, they did a lot ice breaking by giving non screwable chars H-scenes.
Old 2006-11-25, 01:01   Link #355
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Send a message via MSN to Klover
Need some advise here. I stack at Kaede;chikdhood memories(Which had 3 world you can choose in the menu) I try many keyword but no one can access or is REALLY.Can someone help me?(>.<)
Klover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 01:10   Link #356
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

>.>

Walkthrough
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-11-25, 02:40   Link #357
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Linegod View Post
Err... if you put it that way, in theory every dating-sim game would be boring then - It's just "pick the girl that appeals to you from the bunch, then have sex with her".

But seriously, the focus of the story here isn't to "go into someone's mind and have sex", but "reliving the past which was never mentioned in Shuffle! as you travel from one memory piece to another". I haven't reached to any H-scenes yet, but I found myself thoroughly enjoying learning about more about the cast through the memories. Things like how they first met Itsuki and Mayumi, how the KKK was formed etc.

To Deathkillz: It's not a dream for Kaede, but that her memories had been shattered and became all jumbled up. You're going into her mind to fix up those memories and piece them all back together. So it was really out of Kaede's hand whether she had wanted something to happen - she simply thought that it has happened already, because it's a part of her supposed "memory".
Well, that makes a lot more sense than some of the reviews I've read ("restitching the memories together"). It was just that it was starting to sound like a bad excuse for getting from one CG pic to the next rather than something actually artfully constructed in the way of a story. Kaede deserves a decent treatment... ya knows?
Old 2006-11-25, 03:08   Link #358
Sawamura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
WalkTrOUgh in J@PAneSE ???
Sawamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 03:43   Link #359
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ You *CAN* read them, cant you

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-11-25, 03:52   Link #360
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Send a message via MSN to Klover
Thanks, KIRA NARUTO. It had help me a lot, I don't know what should i do because i had try almost every keyword in there.Thanks for the walktrough.
Klover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, navel, pc game, school life, visual novel