AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 03:14   Link #301
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Now we know how Yui would be like in specs (minus the mole).

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 04:49   Link #302
Yorassuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I'm the only one who chuckled when Luke told Cecily to buy him some time only for the monster to do nothing while Cecily looked on in wonder? It must have been a RPG monster and it wasn't its turn.
Ha, good explanation.

Finally an RPG fantasy anime that takes that rule seriously :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by capture View Post
^ tnx looks like Yui with a glass
And a hawt beauty mark :33333
Yorassuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 11:43   Link #303
Jarmel

My first reaction was "Really Manglobe? This was the best you can do?" I mean nothing other than possibly Luke made me like the first episode. It was amazingly generic and there were some scenes that didn't make any sense like the monster being a good doggy and waiting his turn. The only part that I thought had pretty good animation was when they focused on Luke's feet dodging those attacks. I mean Christ, these guys did Samurai Champloo and I see absolutely none of that magic. I wonder if it's the director as I had some qualms about him earlier.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 12:09   Link #304
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm feeling kind of sorry for Cecily. She was front-and-center in all the promotional materials, and is still featured pretty prominently in the OP, but her name isn't in the title. Still, even if she is (or because of) her overenthusiasm, I'm still hoping that she becomes a fine swordswoman in a lead role instead of turning into a love-interest sidekick.

If not, at least there's Misuzu and some of the Queen's Blade girls if I'm looking for someone to fill that niche.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:03   Link #305
Riria

Arg at Cecily. She annoys me so much! She's cute and all...(except for her clothes...breastplate? Please no.) but her personality....*facepalm* makes me feel bad for Luke that he'll probably end up with her. I'll keep watching this because Luke=cutey but I'm definitely hoping Cecily will mature quickly cause I currently can't stand her.

She's such a fanservice character.
Riria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 18:00   Link #306
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I don't think anyone out there is giving anime positive reviews anymore. I don't think it's so terrible and maybe it might fill the void the Slayers Revolution left me feeling.

BTW, Still can't find large version of this.

Plus, they released the DVD cover already,
Spoiler for image:

Aaaannnd... Didn't see this capped yet.
Spoiler for cap:
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 18:39   Link #307
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
I don't think anyone out there is giving anime positive reviews anymore. I don't think it's so terrible and maybe it might fill the void the Slayers Revolution left me feeling.
Depends on how low you set the bar. There are certainly a number of promising series already airing this fall. This one isn't terrible (not yet anyway, dunno what's coming) but its only attraction so far is the fanservice. But since it's not based on an eroge but rather on a somewhat lengthy series of light novels, maybe it's ok to be cautiously optimistic?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 18:39   Link #308
LKK

Quote:
Plus, they released the DVD cover already,
Spoiler for image:
What's that picture in the vertical black bar supposed to be?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 18:44   Link #309
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
What's that picture in the vertical black bar supposed to be?
The top one is the first monster they encounter, the bottom part is the tooth fairy err I mean Lisa's backside.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 23:19   Link #310
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

Quote:

BTW, Still can't find large version of this.

You can find it on Anime Paper.
Don't really have an account so can't get it.....
deadlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 23:22   Link #311
Strange
Incoherent at best.

The lack of positive reviews is probably due to the fact that we expect more out of manglobe.
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 01:29   Link #312
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Here's a pic (don't know if this was posted before)

and a free signature of Cecily

Old 2009-10-08, 02:13   Link #313
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

Quote:
Originally Posted by capture View Post
Here's a pic (don't know if this was posted before)

and a free signature of Cecily

Wow that's really nice work there!
deadlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 03:22   Link #314
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I'm feeling kind of sorry for Cecily. She was front-and-center in all the promotional materials, and is still featured pretty prominently in the OP, but her name isn't in the title. Still, even if she is (or because of) her overenthusiasm, I'm still hoping that she becomes a fine swordswoman in a lead role instead of turning into a love-interest sidekick.

If not, at least there's Misuzu and some of the Queen's Blade girls if I'm looking for someone to fill that niche.
Names in titles mean nothing about main character status and never have. That's simply not how titles work. Sadly, there seems to be some confusion over this.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 05:39   Link #315
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
I had the same feeling and deferred watching Evolution-R. It was surprisingly good, and should fill your void!

As for ep01, not the best I've seen but not the worst. Fairly average although Luke is definately the one to watch for! I do still enjoy fairly "average" anime. Cecil is like your bog-standard Level 1 character. I hope they develop her well. They will also need to find imperfections with Luke as an all-too-powerful character which owns everything actually would make things boring! Lisa the elf seems to be thrown in for the loli/m0e factor but she's definately way more than meets the eye.

Since I have a soft spot for RPG-style anime (all the fun, without wasting brainpower!), I'll see how this turns out.
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 13:12   Link #316
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
The lack of positive reviews is probably due to the fact that we expect more out of manglobe.
To tell you the truth. I've never paid much attention to the companies behind the animes. What milestone animes has this Manglobe produced?
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 13:23   Link #317
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
To tell you the truth. I've never paid much attention to the companies behind the animes. What milestone animes has this Manglobe produced?

Samurai Champloo is probably the major one. They also did Ergo Proxy and Michiko to Hatchin, but Champloo is their best work.
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 13:36   Link #318
mikoo
Banned

Spoiler for Yui:
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 23:23   Link #319
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 23:36   Link #320
Cirrostratucat
絶対領域

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirrostratucat
I think this show isn't so terrible at all, I'm not sure why I heard quite lots of negative comments out there. To me, the fantasy theme and RPG element in this anime is nicely presented. Luke and Cecily are nice character, I look forward to seeing how they gonna develop their relationship with each other.
Cirrostratucat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen