Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-23, 03:32   Link #21
hooliganj
Team Player

Spoiler for Kurau:

Kurau was licensed from the get-go, anyway, so you'll have to wait for ADV to get it out, which is definately not going to happen before the show ends its run in Japan.

Since this is a suggestion thread, I should add another suggestion, so... Please Save My Earth is a good drama that has a shoujo-ai sub-plot, although the anime doesn't run with it nearly as often as the manga did. I also think that Weiss Kruez could qualify, since they all look like girls anyway.
Old 2004-08-24, 01:08   Link #22
eternal

i'm wondering is kannazuki no miko is going to be animated...the character design is a little bit like yami to boushi to hon no tabitito,yeah my favourite...

anyone heard of vampire princess miyu? I doubt if it is

please save my earth? it's look like a guyxgirl romance
Old 2004-08-24, 02:16   Link #23
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal
anyone heard of vampire princess miyu? I doubt if it is

please save my earth? it's look like a guyxgirl romance
Neither of those is Shoujou-Ai. I suppose that a small case could be made Vampire Princess Miyu, but that really is just a friendship and nothing romantic really happens between them. Please Save my Earth is 100% guy x girl.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-08-24, 02:59   Link #24
hooliganj
Team Player

Spoiler for defending my suggestion:
Old 2004-08-24, 06:01   Link #25
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Spoiler for defending my suggestion:
Okay, you make your point. I suppose from a certain point of view you can argue that this has some relation to Shoujou-Ai. It's slight, but it is there.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-08-24, 11:38   Link #26
eternal

so kurau was licesed...dang... i acn never watch it then

is stratos 4 and knight of ramune nice? is it shoujo ai related
Old 2004-08-24, 12:03   Link #27
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Sorry to break the illusion, but they're sisters. They are very close, but only in a sisterly way.
well, unfortunately, they are definitely much more than sisters... they are a "pair"... one cannot live without the other... also there are some reeeeeeally interesting scenes and suggestive lines in episode 7 of KURAU

well, I don't know if you can call the Galaxy Angels series having some shoujo-ai scenes in certain episodes... but since it totally throws logic out of the way I guess you can't say it does not contain shoujo-ai anyway
Old 2004-08-24, 19:11   Link #28
eternal

hey regarding to the phantom memory,is it stilll fansubbing ? Or it just completely stopped
Old 2004-08-25, 02:17   Link #29
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal
hey regarding to the phantom memory,is it stilll fansubbing ? Or it just completely stopped
It is licensed. So we hope that nobody would be crass enough to fansub it.

Old 2004-11-07, 00:53   Link #30
Ares

Send a message via AIM to Ares Send a message via MSN to Ares Send a message via Yahoo to Ares
I'm surprised no one added Najica Blitz Tactics or Battle Athletes Victory to this list, both licensed, and both contains shoujo-ai overtones
Old 2004-11-08, 15:25   Link #31
Arwyn

Cant belive nobody has mentioned Kannazuki no Miko, that is definately got that theme going, since one of the main female characters has it for the other main female character in a big way.
Old 2004-11-08, 16:55   Link #32
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Here's another title to add to this thread: Seraphim Call. Each episode is a self-contained segment and most aren't Shoujou-Ai, but three of them undeniably contain a girl-girl relationship. Considering that Media Blasters is selling all 12 episodes in a 2-DVD set for $29.98 it is one of the best purchases you can make for that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
Cant belive nobody has mentioned Kannazuki no Miko, that is definately got that theme going, since one of the main female characters has it for the other main female character in a big way.
If you check the dates you'd realize that it wasn't mentioned because it hadn't aired in Japan yet. This thread was just resurrected from August. It is however an excellent suggestion as Shoujou-Ai is quite important to the character conflicts.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-11-08 at 17:05.
Old 2004-11-08, 17:08   Link #33
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
If you check the dates you'd realize that it wasn't mentioned because it hadn't aired in Japan yet. This thread was just resurrected from August. It is however an excellent suggestion as Shoujou-Ai is quite important to the character conflicts.
My bad, I didnt notice this was a "back from the dead" thread until after I posted.
Closed Thread