AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 33 18.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 25.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 69 39.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 8.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-05, 16:53   Link #41
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I just noticed something, it was present in the VN as well

"Kanon-kun is still just a child" or something...no wonder I thought Shannon was older...I mean calling someone the same age as herself a child is rather strange

About room and stuff
Oh and I'm happy that we got a first shot of the room in which Shannon lives..rater sad and plain..and who lives with her in that room o.O Oh and Jessica's bed is still huge. in the second manga it was even bigger but still...it is huge. Sadly even her room looks rather empty. I thought it was discribed as really elegant and stuff. But her room really looked empty

Oh and about the time line. WOAH!
Everythign even the darn school festival takes place two years before the actual family conference. That's surprising and rather strange. I mean that Jessica still likes/loves (you choose) Kanon after two years of rejection. What a tough girl
Old 2009-08-05, 16:59   Link #42
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Oh I was soo dissapointed with this episode...

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-08-05 at 17:05. Reason: do NOT post ANY spoiler!
Old 2009-08-05, 17:00   Link #43
Marion
The Great Dine

Kanon is considered younger and Jessica is two years older than him so idk.

And no it didn't, Kitsu O_o The images of new times presented dates and years.

Shannon breaking the mirror - December 1985
Eva telling off Shannon, which happened before the mirror was broken - October 1984, most likely after the conference.
School Festival - August 1986
Old 2009-08-05, 17:03   Link #44
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Waaah!! Sorry......I just seem to miss the date thing sorry..cause I only saw the 1894 sign in the episode..maybe I'm just blind. But the school festival can't be in August since it was in autumm like it was said in the VN

Shannon is 16, she went to work at 6 and worked there 10 years till know. Jessica is the same age as Battler who is 18. And Kanon was said in the beginning of the first game to be 16.
Old 2009-08-05, 17:08   Link #45
Marion
The Great Dine

I know that, but Kanon has always been regarded as the younger of the two. He calls Shannon 'nee-san' and just acts a bit less maturely than Shannon does and of course is quick to anger at times (seriously, how many times did he get angry this one episode )
Old 2009-08-05, 17:09   Link #46
Kitsu
The unlucky one

He gets angry all the time, remember last game (first game) he was killed by the stake of wrath. But to call someone who is the same age a child. I wouldn't go to my friends and call them children. But well Shannon always seemed the most mature from the children (except George maybe) a lot more mature than Jessica for sure. I'm still amazed how Jessica needs to look up to Kanon *shudder*
Old 2009-08-05, 17:10   Link #47
tcaz2

I'm tempted to say they paced this episode almost better than the VN paced this part. All they really cut were unimportant things, and sometimes other scenes showed almost the same thing.

Hopefully they only needed to rush the first Episode. Maybe it'll be a lot better pacing now.

8/10 from me on pure entertainment, but this was pretty much a 10/10 adaption wise.

Loss of Tsurupettan isn't that bad to me, and honestly don't know why people care >.>
Old 2009-08-05, 17:13   Link #48
Volcanic
fire of fires

Finished the RAW!

Spoiler for Review Tiem:
Old 2009-08-05, 17:17   Link #49
luckyssol

Good episode, it ended about where I thought it would. A couple things:

-Shannon sounds too much like Nagi! (Mabye I should drop Hayate2 until Umineko is over)

-Beatrice's laughing face at the end was great. I see a lot of potential.

-Pacing is much slower for the start of this arc than the last one. That is fine but I wonder exactly how many episodes long it will be.
Old 2009-08-05, 17:17   Link #50
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
I'm tempted to say they paced this episode almost better than the VN paced this part. All they really cut were unimportant things, and sometimes other scenes showed almost the same thing.

Hopefully they only needed to rush the first Episode. Maybe it'll be a lot better pacing now.

8/10 from me on pure entertainment, but this was pretty much a 10/10 adaption wise.

Loss of Tsurupettan isn't that bad to me, and honestly don't know why people care >.>
B-But its tsurupettan ;w;

I mostly care because the song she did sing was very...generic sounding :P
Old 2009-08-05, 17:19   Link #51
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
B-But its tsuripettan ;w;

I mostly care because the song she did sing was very...generic sounding :P
Yeah...really, I like J-Pop, but this was REALLY generic. It's like they threw it together at the last minute
Old 2009-08-05, 17:20   Link #52
chronotrig

Considering what the anime had to work with, this was by far the best editing job they've done yet. Kind of a slow episode, but it does give us some very badly needed character background.

I give it an 8, 9-1 for that song...
I really don't mind taking Tsurupettan out, but when I actually find myself agreeing with Kanon's commentary, that's not a good thing

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-08-05, 17:24   Link #53
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I really don't mind taking Tsurupettan out, but when I actually find myself agreeing with Kanon's commentary, that's not a good thing
Agreeing with emos is never a good thing.

But something positiv i just noticed after watching the episode again. There aren't so much "background-characters" that doesn't move and play bookshelf anymore. At least I didn't notice them...
O wait there is one at least and that's Krauss. But nothing that really stood out
Old 2009-08-05, 17:24   Link #54
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I won't let the lack of Tsurupettan influence my review, because it'll get a maximum of 6 out of me if I do that.

But anyway, decent episode with proper cuts and pacing. I hope they still had the scene where Natsuhi scolds Shannon and the "Without love, it can't be seen" lines. Everything else is good. Beatrice's rape face made my day.
Old 2009-08-05, 17:44   Link #55
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Pretty awesome episode but..... DEEN stole Beato's fangs ;_;
Old 2009-08-05, 17:50   Link #56
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Why is everyones view based on the fact that Tsurupettan of all things wasn't in the anime? It should have been clear from the start that it wouldn't.

But well, I shouldn't be one to talk, because I hate tsurupettan.
I don't care a bit for it being gone...there, I said it.

But well, I thought it was a really well done episode, possibly an 8 from me, because some stuff still felt less connected then in the VN, but that's an understandable part because they had to save some time somewhere, so yeah just one point lost (I almost never give 10's...I maybe did that like 3 or 4 times in my life).

I love Ohara's Beatrice, it's exactly how I imagined her, Kanon and Jessica went up on my acting scale, too. Just a bit sad, that the mirror-shattering didn't have the full impact the drama-cd had, because of time restraints, but it was still great.
Old 2009-08-05, 18:25   Link #57
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
Why is everyones view based on the fact that Tsurupettan of all things wasn't in the anime? It should have been clear from the start that it wouldn't.

But well, I shouldn't be one to talk, because I hate tsurupettan.
I don't care a bit for it being gone...there, I said it.

But well, I thought it was a really well done episode, possibly an 8 from me, because some stuff still felt less connected then in the VN, but that's an understandable part because they had to save some time somewhere, so yeah just one point lost (I almost never give 10's...I maybe did that like 3 or 4 times in my life).

I love Ohara's Beatrice, it's exactly how I imagined her, Kanon and Jessica went up on my acting scale, too. Just a bit sad, that the mirror-shattering didn't have the full impact the drama-cd had, because of time restraints, but it was still great.
My view isn't entirely based on it XD I think it's because Silver Forest was listed in the credits that we thought Tsurupettan would get in, as that's the only song they do for the entire series.

And yeah I never give 10's myself |D Rarely do you ever get something amazingly perfect that you can give it 10 imo.
Old 2009-08-05, 18:29   Link #58
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tsurupettan doesn't really fit Jessica. Maria, yes, Kanon if you think he'e really a girl, but not Jessica.

Maybe there will be another song later, or it was in the background at some point, like on the radio or something.
Old 2009-08-05, 18:30   Link #59
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
My view isn't entirely based on it XD I think it's because Silver Frost was listed in the credits that we thought Tsurupettan would get in, as that's the only song they do for the entire series.

And yeah I never give 10's myself |D Rarely do you ever get something amazingly perfect that you can give it 10 imo.
LOL Marion today's not your day is it? X'D
But yeah, that's true... I was disappointed as well because Silver Forest was credited so I was hoping for tsurupettan as well.... but it was a good episode overall... I'll rate it when I watch it with subs but from what I've seen in the RAW it's probably 8/10 because of that flaw on beato's dress AND because Jessica's song was indeed too generic...

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-08-05, 18:31   Link #60
Marion
The Great Dine

OTL

I didn't sleep well. Forgive me.
Closed Thread