AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-29, 10:24   Link #21
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

If most historical figures that were warlords looked like this, I'd sign up for some history courses. I might even study hard.
Old 2011-12-29, 16:46   Link #22
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I wonder if there will be an Al Capone. Or maybe George Washington or some other famous President...

Oh god. George Bush. =.o
Old 2012-02-22, 21:21   Link #23
Forsaken_Infinity

._.

I think this is scaring me away with the massive cast.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:25   Link #24
FateAnomaly

First impression isn't bad but i think they put too many Arthurian legends characters in the cast. They should have gone with real historical characters.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 23:31   Link #25
Asuras
Dictadere~!

So, if my memory serves me correctly, this came out either today, or yesterday, not sure.

Either way, I got my hands on it (couldn't pass this one up) and found a nifty English patch (mind you, only for non-dialogue) so that I could effectively play the action aspect of the game. So far, it seems to be a respectable game from what other eroges I've played (very few). The gameplay is relatively fun, being like a dumbed-down FF Tactics, but with incredible art and design and many, many interesting characters.

Needless to say, I'm enjoying it despite having no idea what anyone is saying. O>O"
Old 2012-04-10, 02:48   Link #26
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, the charcters in here is made to fill every stereotype anime personality lol. We got airhead, innocent girl, perverted imouto, cool imouto, denpa onna, tsundere, cool onee-san, loli, shy girl, baka-genki girl, idol, sadistic, masochist, and many more.

I quite like the story and the girl's personality(although the story is kinda predictable), but the gameplay is severely lacking. The lack of turn limit make you able to just bide your time collecting money when you're not in war with any country(there's only a few country that declare wars on you, the rest, you can decide anytime when to fight them after biding your time for money), and there's basically nothing you can do during preparation phase besides sending people to quest.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 20:45   Link #27
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

How is the gameplay compares to Sengoku Rance?
Old 2012-04-10, 22:10   Link #28
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Very similar, but rance is much harder with its turn limit and max troop limit(alicesoft help completingthis game after all, they even give rance's kenshin as some sort of guest character). And of course, no dungeon mode like rance, this game only has the war part.
Old 2012-04-13, 14:27   Link #29
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The game is really similar to Sengoku Rance. Thankfully I don't have to relearn the system with my limited Japanese language knowledge.

I absolutely love the battle BGM.

Is there any English wiki for this game, like the Alicesoft wikia one?
Old 2012-04-30, 14:21   Link #30
chaosprophet

From around 2 weeks ago I started and finished this game. Found it to be a great VN.

The game system to be very fun. The system may be easy if you just take as many turns you want, but the biggest challenges is to conquer the countries on the "incorrect" order (means fighting first strongest ones when possible, which gives you special items and makes the other enemies stronger) plus the hard mode you unlock if you get the true ending. The interface patch really helps to play too. There is a group translating it now and they expect to release it in around 8 months.

The art is very beautiful, and the characters design are cool. There many events with and between characters, doing a good job of developing the relationship between the main and the girls and also between the girls themselves. The cast is very big, there is a total of 71 female playable characters, plus 1 non playable. The story is nice although without much surprises in the middle, but with a very interesting twist around the end.

For anyone interested, a full list of the female characters in the game:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-30, 18:40   Link #31
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Spoiler:
Oh my, that was unexpected. Is she crawling towards the main character?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 20:17   Link #32
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Kenshin? She doesn't even get totalk at all and has no event. IMO, the hardest one to conquer out of order is Russia. The difficulty ramp up a bit toward the end though. BTW, there's more than 1 ending?
Old 2012-05-01, 19:20   Link #33
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Kenshin? She doesn't even get totalk at all and has no event. IMO, the hardest one to conquer out of order is Russia. The difficulty ramp up a bit toward the end though. BTW, there's more than 1 ending?
She does have the little event where she joins, but yeah not after that.

If you defeat the apparent last boss without conquering the whole world (a few factions aren't necessary for you to advance the main story: Macedonia, Egypt, Babylon, Uruk, and Russia) then the story ends at that point, without knowing the real truth and about the real final boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
She does have a female human form :P
Old 2012-05-01, 22:41   Link #34
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I was taken aback too. The game threw some curveballs at me that kinda detracted from the story (or what I could make of it, being in Japanese and all). But she was cool nonetheless.
Old 2012-05-02, 03:50   Link #35
FateAnomaly

I can't read japanese so i am curious as to why the MC country start going around conquering other countries for. It seems to me that the other countries are rather peaceful. They only start attacking after war is declared on them.
Old 2012-05-02, 03:59   Link #36
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Because Himiko wants to . Well, to be exact, the world in the game is not supposed to be in peace state. They're at war with each other. Himiko dreams of having a peaceful world by uniting it under Zipang. The reason that they don't attack before war declaration is because in the game, there's a code of honor to civilized people that you're supposed to declare war before attacking a country.
Old 2012-05-02, 08:24   Link #37
chaosprophet

Quote:
Because Himiko wants to . Well, to be exact, the world in the game is not supposed to be in peace state. They're at war with each other. Himiko dreams of having a peaceful world by uniting it under Zipang. The reason that they don't attack before war declaration is because in the game, there's a code of honor to civilized people that you're supposed to declare war before attacking a country.
There is also the fact that Himiko from time to time have prophetic dreams. And once she had a dream where the world would be caught up in chaos, and thought the best way to avoid it was to unite the world under one flag.

Also there is a few more factions that also wants to conquer the world, but usually you're the one that needs to declare war because they're busy fighting someone else.
Old 2012-05-02, 21:46   Link #38
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Isn't that like the exact reason that every warlord with a world conquering ambition gives....
Old 2012-05-03, 04:00   Link #39
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Yea, but just like chaos said, the final nail in the coffin is because of himeko's prophecy, which is very accurate, athough can't be depended upon due to randomness of prophecy subject and timing lol.
Old 2012-05-03, 04:18   Link #40
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

If it's going to be adapted into anime, then they might toned down some characters' clothes if it's going to air on TV.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, genderbender, historical