AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-20, 13:43   Link #3561
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And the twitch and esl streams both die...again...this is ridiculous,....

Why is it the European and American events have such streaming issues yet the Korean events streams don't....
Old 2013-01-20, 13:52   Link #3562
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
And the twitch and esl streams both die...again...this is ridiculous,....

Why is it the European and American events have such streaming issues yet the Korean events streams don't....
Probably because they end up using a huge amount of bandwidth (the WC was said to be using over 5-7% of the ENTIRE USA bandwidth at some points), while korean is more prepared for the demand since they've had large streams for esports for sometime.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 13:55   Link #3563
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I'm starting to think gambit faked their bad shape on the first day of the tournament to make it more exciting
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 13:55   Link #3564
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Yeah, Asia is pretty superior in that and their download speeds.
Old 2013-01-20, 14:02   Link #3565
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I'm starting to think gambit faked their bad shape on the first day of the tournament to make it more exciting
That's exactly what I thought as well. It's best to give a good surprise by not showing your full potential
Old 2013-01-20, 14:06   Link #3566
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't think they would have risked a time decider just to throw their opponents.

Something finally snapped them out of a few months slump and made them remember what early aggression got them in the past.

Nice to know Korea doesn't have a stranglehold on the game.
Old 2013-01-20, 14:07   Link #3567
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
That's exactly what I thought as well. It's best to give a good surprise by not showing your full potential
I think gambit was really struggling since they lacked practice from the time due drama of losing M5 sponsor(or contract?) while they had to find a new one.

And they showed amazing playing in game 2 winning at 29 minutes, they showed they are without a doubt still the old M5.

Edit: Also I feel some of might have been they trying much to follow the korean MF meta and it not paying off since they aren't use to it, they lost with her twice, and won with ezreal like they did today.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2013-01-20 at 14:21.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 14:11   Link #3568
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I think a couple of them were still in school and had that to deal with as well.
Old 2013-01-20, 23:20   Link #3569
killer3000ad

Some hilarious pictures that sum up the group stages.
Group A
Group B
Old 2013-01-23, 10:37   Link #3570
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I...don't think I want him...
Old 2013-01-23, 13:45   Link #3571
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

What I'm concerned about with Tresh is that both his grab and push spell don't seem to have enough cc impact on champions as they're not pushed or pulled far enough. I'll buy and try him out anyway, he seems interesting enough to me.
Old 2013-01-23, 14:33   Link #3572
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I think Thresh is a great initiator but...what's the benefit of him going to be after his combo is done? At least Taric has his aura when all his CDs are blown but Thresh doesn't seem capable of much after moves. Seems very all or nothing. And the necessity to get corpses to level armor and AP means people will surely pick champs to zone him hard and deny that. The Box is alright but it's not the AoE fight breaker like Amumu or Leona where you're screwed if it lands. You have the option to avoid hitting the walls like you do with Veigar's trap. Looks like it will do well with certain combos but I'm not convinced. The spotlight seems to indicate multi-kills in a team fight are harder to get with Thresh around.

Chinese New Year skins

Seem alright but I ain't biting.
Old 2013-01-23, 14:58   Link #3573
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Chinese new year's Jarvan IV looks awesome. Thresh seems to be alright for what he does - dual pull, one push-pull, a free flash in W and a solid CC wall in R.
Quote:
what's the benefit of him going to be after his combo is done?
I -think- he can fit the offtank role, but iunno what his armor and dmg gain will be by the time TFs break out...need more data on that. Still, his first hit deals more damage than the rest, so it might be a decent poke, kinda like Jarvan's passive.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 06:48   Link #3574
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Thresh...really...sucks...Anything with range harasses the hell out of hiim. He can't pressure lane. Heals render him useless. His ulti is weak. Ergh...this champion is garbage. Definitely never acqquiring him.
Old 2013-01-24, 07:51   Link #3575
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Thresh...really...sucks...Anything with range harasses the hell out of hiim. He can't pressure lane. Heals render him useless. His ulti is weak. Ergh...this champion is garbage. Definitely never acqquiring him.
I've already bought him but I agree, he's not very strong right now.
Old 2013-01-24, 08:06   Link #3576
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm always amazed how people can judge champions half a day after their release.

Aside from that has anyone played him top lane?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 08:11   Link #3577
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

When I was teamed with Varius with him I was fed so many souls haha.

I like him but his pull needs a buff. It should actually PULL them to you if you dont press it to pull yourself to them.
Old 2013-01-24, 09:00   Link #3578
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'm always amazed how people can judge champions half a day after their release.

Aside from that has anyone played him top lane?
I did, won the duels against Darius very closely. Lanephase was fine ofc since it was range against Darius. Starting midgame though he begins to fall off; just as support by that point you're merely there for your hook-flail combo. Your spells don't do enough damage even with decent AP and their cooldowns are too long to spam them = low dps overall. Don't get me started on the box, imo it's pathetic.

As for judging him: sometimes it doesn't need a long time to figure out that a certain champ is already underperforming for its role - especially if his style is fun to play yet you instantly feel powerless when the early game is over. He's not even hard to play at all, so it's not like people need time to train with him.

He might be better with premade teams in vent/ts where you can make some sweet moves with the lantern.
Old 2013-01-24, 11:26   Link #3579
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
I did, won the duels against Darius very closely. Lanephase was fine ofc since it was range against Darius. Starting midgame though he begins to fall off; just as support by that point you're merely there for your hook-flail combo. Your spells don't do enough damage even with decent AP and their cooldowns are too long to spam them = low dps overall. Don't get me started on the box, imo it's pathetic.
It is unclear to me why anyone would build him AP. His ratios are 0.5/0.4/0.4/1.0 so building him as a tank/disruptor would be the more logical choice.

I can't say much about the usage of spells as I haven't played him but theoretically being able to grab your priority target and boxing it (or use the box for zoning) doesn't sound that bad too me. Give him a bit of time for people to figure him out and maybe he isn't as bad as you thought.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 14:10   Link #3580
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Saw one in a game earlier. Terrible early game for him, couldn't do much later on either...completely shadowed by our team's Nami when it comes to initiation, saving teammates and mobilizing the team. I'm sure he could have done much better if he had had a better laning phase (and hop to assisting jungle ganks and stealing objectives, for which he seems good) but even so, Nami would be better imo.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol