AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-23, 10:38   Link #3141
SagaraSouske

I am pretty sure power level does matter quite a bit, but experience and knowledge about Nen powers in general also matters a lot. However, there can come to a point where the difference in power level is too big where no matter how experienced or how tricky you power can be won't matter at all. It looks like Neferpitou even without Nen is already a ridiculous monster that the kids probably cannot deal with. Combined with her monstrous aura, there is just no chance for Gon and Killua no matter how you look at it. Kite definitely made the right decision there and Morau wasn't there so while his statement in general are right but prob not in this case.
Old 2013-06-23, 11:06   Link #3142
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Intense episode , it was really good.
Damn , Kite's death was fast.... & the end was creepy.

Biscuit is back too :3
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 11:10   Link #3143
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow best ep ever.
Old 2013-06-23, 11:26   Link #3144
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 85-

Spoiler for Part 1:

------------------------

Spoiler for Part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 11:34   Link #3145
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I still can't believe Kite went down so quickly. It feels like the sole purpose he had in the show was giving Gon angst.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 11:48   Link #3146
Boduar

Hard to say quickly since it was probably more than 12 hours since the fight started (I think it was late night when it started, and you see her with Kite's head the next morning I think?). That being said he also had a handicap (literally lol).
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 11:56   Link #3147
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
Hard to say quickly since it was probably more than 12 hours since the fight started (I think it was late night when it started, and you see her with Kite's head the next morning I think?). That being said he also had a handicap (literally lol).
I mean one episode and "bye Kite. I barely knew you." I would have liked if he had stayed as a protagonist and fill Kurapica or Leorio's spot
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 12:05   Link #3148
ChainLegacy
廉頗

It was a good episode, but Neferpitou doesn't do it for me as a villain. Definitely doesn't match up to Hisoka or Chrollo... doesn't even reach bomber level. Colt is the more interesting chimera ant character. Hopefully the other guards and the king will be more interesting.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 12:17   Link #3149
Kazu-kun

So Biscuit's coming back to complete the boys' training. I'm really looking forwards to it.

Pretty good episode. I could do without the padding at the beginning, but it does fit somewhat so it's all good.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:41   Link #3150
SagaraSouske

I would wonder how Hisoka or Cholleo would fare against Nefe.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:47   Link #3151
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
They probably wouldn't die, but they wouldn't be able to defeat him either. But let's wait and see. Netero's going to fight and he's considered the strongest nen user. After seeing him fight we'll be able to make some educated guess about Hisoka, Chrollo, and other powerful characters.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:49   Link #3152
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

When people's nen ability go beyond a certain level, it becomes hard to say who will win. It all comes down to who slips up first.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 12:59   Link #3153
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
I think they would be stronger than Neferpitou. Now, the king may be another story.
Old 2013-06-23, 13:11   Link #3154
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If we're talking strength then Pitou wins by a long shot. Remember that Pitou officially ranks above Netero, as mentioned in the episode.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 13:20   Link #3155
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If we're talking strength then Pitou wins by a long shot. Remember that Pitou officially ranks above Netero, as mentioned in the episode.
Two things about that: do we really know Netero is stronger than Hisoka? And, isn't that just Killua's speculation, which was kind of refuted by glasses dude who says that he's just worried?
Old 2013-06-23, 13:22   Link #3156
Upscaled

Agreed in terms of pure muscle-power. Pitou jumped an insane distance in a single bound, and covered that distance in just a few seconds. I would think it had to have been a mile or two. So the speed must have been at least near Mach 1.

But the ants, including Pitou, are not yet as devious and cunning as some humans.
Upscaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 13:36   Link #3157
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upscaled View Post
Agreed in terms of pure muscle-power. Pitou jumped an insane distance in a single bound, and covered that distance in just a few seconds. I would think it had to have been a mile or two. So the speed must have been at least near Mach 1.

But the ants, including Pitou, are not yet as devious and cunning as some humans.
Something tells me Pitou will more than make up for that later on. He's a cat; cat's are devious by default
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 13:49   Link #3158
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
It was a good episode, but Neferpitou doesn't do it for me as a villain. Definitely doesn't match up to Hisoka or Chrollo... doesn't even reach bomber level. Colt is the more interesting chimera ant character. Hopefully the other guards and the king will be more interesting.
just wait. remember this is Hunter x Hunter's best arc.

They way he writes the villains, including Pitou will blow your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
After such a long time, this major Jump series taught me that author of Shingeki no Kyojin is completely amature/doujin level.

This IS a talent of story writing.

I don't like Togashi always but he is good, after all.
Pretty much this, I mean Isayama of SnK had a great START to his Manga, but he's not a good enough writer yet to keep it going for as long as Togahshi did/does. Isayama is using carrot and stick writting to create "suspense"(i.e. Time while he figures the rest of the story out), wheras Togashi pretty much already had what he wanted to write already laid out without the need for drawn out "suspense"that Isayama of SnK needs.(but was just too lazy to draw it) There is a reason why Togashi is pretty much allowed to do whatever he wants (and take loooong Hiatuses) in JAPAN of all places, where just being late for work by a minute can get you fired (learned through experience) and he takes 2-3 years off, and can come back whenever he feels like it. and STILL make great stories (he took like 1 year hiatus in the middle of this arc, came back and finished it and made it ridiculously good)

Of course SnK is Isayamas first manga. While Togashi also did Yu Yu Hakusho. . . which is the manga that pretty much two of the big three right now have either straight blandly copied or ripped off from (Naruto, Bleach. . .especially bleach wow).

so yeah Isayama has a ways to go to live up to Togashi. . . The only guy that's close to Togashi now is Oda and Toriyama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upscaled View Post

Remember the ants are pretty much humans with super powers. . .They just aren't socialized like most humans are. Nor are they hunters so they don't have the problem solving practice the hunters do. . .so they are probably as cunning as regular humans, but hunters are trained in cunning and hone it daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I think they would be stronger than Neferpitou. Now, the king may be another story.
They would be stronger than neferpitou. . .but definitely not the King. Chrollo would get destroyed by the King. I mean they had to bring in Netero!

I'm going to have to leave this thread for about 7-8 months (this arc is THAT long) the points brought up in this thread remind me about how well this arc is written, which is why I regard as the best arcs in Anime/Manga medium. It's like Togashi knows what you guys are thinking and wrote the arc to surprise and amaze people like you all. this section HxH is going to kill me from the excitement.

This arc is so good that Madhouse is pretty much unable to fuck it up, They could have monkeys draw and voice the characters and it would still be the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited by CJ_Walker; 2013-06-23 at 14:24.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 14:15   Link #3159
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Sorry, I had to do this...

Spoiler for Episode 85:
Old 2013-06-23, 14:18   Link #3160
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Sorry, I had to do this...

Spoiler for Episode 85: