AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-13, 18:30   Link #21
Antonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I thought he said at one point his brother gave him tht arm as he was dying so he could avenge his death. That would imply his brother was an alchemist. I'm not sure about that though, I may have just heard a rumor or made it up and put that into the plot. I think I need to rewatch the anime.
Anyway I agree with you, and almost everyone else, that Scar is in no way related to Ed and Al. He seemed to know the code names for all the state alchemists. I'd say Scar was busy doing some research on various state alchemists in the time between Ed and Al first seeing him, and the start of his killing spree. It would be stupid of him not to.
It's great that FMA finally got it's own forum.
Scar did mention his brother cursed him with that mark of 'death'

in manga als' armour explodes a little more ^_^ not just a crack.
Old 2004-01-13, 19:04   Link #22
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I think it was last week or something, I downloaded the manga called FMA gaiden which I only glanced through and I saw the same fight as the one in episode 14. was that fight just filler?
Old 2004-01-13, 21:02   Link #23
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
I think it was last week or something, I downloaded the manga called FMA gaiden which I only glanced through and I saw the same fight as the one in episode 14. was that fight just filler?
A Gaiden is something outside of the main plotline. The gaiden tw released was at the end of volume 3. All of the previous episode was basically a stringing together of parts of chapters and gaidens from random volumes. And his arm does not tell him who is a national alchemist....
Old 2004-01-14, 01:03   Link #24
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Why this? To me this arm looks as if it was transplanted (actually this is the reason I think it could be originally Ed's arm ) and you don't need to be an alchemist to operate someone.
Scar seems to have some sort of power in that arm, enough to kill state alchemists. If it wasn't given to him by an alchemist, it'd just be a normal arm. Since it isn't just a normal arm, there has to be an alchemist involved somehow. The simplest explaination is his brother was an alchemist. I'm sure there are other possible explainations, but that one seems to fit the best.
Old 2004-01-14, 04:25   Link #25
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
Yes if you know the title of ep 15, it's not too hard to knwo it will be flash back, but good one because it will learn us a lot of things

Spoiler:

Old 2004-01-14, 08:25   Link #26
bayoab

Quote:
I hust went to a nearbay rental shop to take a look at the manga (a very short look).
It seems as if the whole situation is a different one there, I couldn't see a Dr.Marcus or a General Gran. The situation is more like:
Spoiler for Manga Volume 2:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-14, 14:22   Link #27
mrexpert

Send a message via MSN to mrexpert
i want mustang to fight again ^____^ i mean i saw him in the preview and he's the coolest (reminds me of guy, street fighter alpha 3 yup these were times i kicked ass :P )

whell hmm i just want to know 1 thing beside that mustang shit, what are they goin to do with the stone ? is it another fake stone or is it a limited phillosipher stone ??
Old 2004-01-15, 19:13   Link #28
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
gran said something like it amplifies their power, but became unstable after a number of uses.... like the ring cornero had. so it's just a limited use stone, each use coming closer to the point where the stone becomes unstable and does wierd stuff.

another point of why i don't think scar can be ed & al's uncle... their mom had brown hair, scar's bro had black hair.... usually hair color's are the same from father to son in most anime...... unless there's those wierd blue and green and purple hair... then you throw it all out.

annnyhow. those are my opinions.
Old 2004-01-15, 23:21   Link #29
Jn183

I was in shock after seeing how easy/quickly Gran got killed. I was expecting him to last a lil longer. The way he pop up, I thought he would had a more major role. That was totally unexpected. Btw, is the manga even finish for FMA?
Old 2004-01-16, 05:07   Link #30
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
I don't think the manga is finished, it's all new
Old 2004-01-16, 08:45   Link #31
YuuOminae
唯我独尊

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrO
I don't think the manga is finished, it's all new
According to an old interview, Arakawa plans to have the manga go on for a total of 20 years.
He isn't being very realistic imho, but that's besides the point.
Old 2004-01-16, 18:13   Link #32
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

But anyhow, i got this strange feeling of The Lion King when i saw they called him Scar, all that is remaining is that his brothers name was Mufasa, and Ed and Al are actually called Timon and Pumbaa
Old 2004-01-16, 21:42   Link #33
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Yeah... I did not like that name Scar as well....... but that character is pretty intense... he's a one man killing machine.. which is great!

I wonder if Roze is alright.... hopefully she ain't dead or anything in the next episode.....
Old 2004-01-16, 21:42   Link #34
kamij0

Quote:
Why this? To me this arm looks as if it was transplanted (actually this is the reason I think it could be originally Ed's arm ) and you don't need to be an alchemist to operate someone.

edward's arm, but when he lost his arm .. ed was just a little boy .. how can the arm be on scar's body now
Old 2004-01-16, 22:24   Link #35
Sharkus-kun
Neighborhood Sea Predator

Scar may be a lame name, but we're a bit out of options. It could have been worse. They could have called him X man. I wonder if they have a term for "anti" alchemists like him. Then they'd call him Anti-Alchemist X. Or something.

Or maybe Mr. Multiply since X is the multiplication symbol. There we go.
Old 2004-01-17, 05:51   Link #36
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus-kun
Scar may be a lame name, but we're a bit out of options. It could have been worse. They could have called him X man. I wonder if they have a term for "anti" alchemists like him. Then they'd call him Anti-Alchemist X. Or something.

Or maybe Mr. Multiply since X is the multiplication symbol. There we go.
Hmm... 'Anti-Alchemist X' is probably what they'd call him if the series was ever dubbed. (Remember 'samurai x'?)
Old 2004-01-17, 11:59   Link #37
Antonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuuOminae
According to an old interview, Arakawa plans to have the manga go on for a total of 20 years.
He isn't being very realistic imho, but that's besides the point.
maybe he meant the yrs in the manga. like in the 14 eps we already seen 3yrs or so.
Old 2004-01-17, 12:22   Link #38
madeener
君の犬です - bow wow!

Location: i live in singapore, you know where that is? its not in china! lol
Send a message via MSN to madeener
Edit: Sorry Off Topic
Old 2004-01-18, 11:07   Link #39
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Here's what I think will happen. First I want to point out that Scar being Ed's uncle isn't as farfetched, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but anyway here's my out-take on everything.

These last few eps have been hinting towards what? That's right! The ishbar Massacre (flashback atleast. ) Anywho, Scar obiviously started killing Alchemists recently since there's only been nine (ten if you consider Gran) killed by Scar. And also he started killing during the time Al was still in Central City three years ago. So if Scar and his brother were related to the Ishbar Massacre then he would of had a a few months of "thinking" or surviving whichever, then he could of went on his killing rampage.

During the scene in which Scar was about to kill Marco, Marco obiviously knew him before he became Scar. And Marco disappeared after the Ishbar inccident. Scar also refers to himself sometimes, as "we" meaning two people, is it God? Or his brother? Well, when Ed accidently ripped off his shirt, his whole right arm was tattoo'd with what looks to me to be Alchemist symbols, look at it this way, if its possible to throw someones soul into a piece of armor, then its not so impossible to throw someones soul into an arm. Maybe that powerful arm is his brother inside of it.

On to the episode cutscenes, Gran is holding the same type of bottle he had before, that made the Philospher's Stone. So the Ishbar Massacre had to deal with the stone, or research of it. I think both Scar and his brother were involved in the research of the stone. And that his brother (or both) were in the same military, hince why they would know so much about the other alchemist and so little about Ed and Al. The two must of travelled to Ishbar for whatever reasons, and began researching the Philospher's Stone. What's happening in Corenilla right now? The army is killing "rebels" and who are rebels? Believers of God. And who is Scar killing in the name of? (Not Rage Against the Machine. ) God. So Ishbar must of been another "cleansing" mission.

Scar also says Ed had very "strong eyes" eyes that could see far beyond anything else, and what's the utlimate thing an Alchemist can create? That stone, and what are both Ed and Al in search of now? That exact thing. My theory is that Scar and his brother developed the formula to create the stones, or a method very close to it. And something happened in Ishbar weither Lust and company had something to do with it, or if the people of Ishbar converted them, I don't know, but something happened that made them betray the military and use the stone against them.

Marco knew of Scar and his brother's attempt at making the stones. Or maybe Macro was the only one the brother's trusted or even helped them with the reasearch itself, hell they said 5 years ago Macro was using the stone in question, right? Well maybe he found a way to it but the brothers further helped him. Either way the brothers didn't want to give the info to the military and thus had the military kill them, but that's when the brother fused himself into Scar's arm, and Marco realizing what he did was horrible and wrong took all the info that they all had and just ran, becoming a full time doctor to repent for the sins he had committed, thats why he wasn't sad or horrified by Scar, and welcomed death.

Well, thats my two cents.
Old 2004-01-18, 12:06   Link #40
SilverHeimdall

Quote:
On to the episode cutscenes, Gran is holding the same type of bottle he had before, that made the Philospher's Stone. So the Ishbar Massacre had to deal with the stone, or research of it. I think both Scar and his brother were involved in the research of the stone. And that his brother (or both) were in the same military, hince why they would know so much about the other alchemist and so little about Ed and Al. The two must of travelled to Ishbar for whatever reasons, and began researching the Philospher's Stone. What's happening in Corenilla right now? The army is killing "rebels" and who are rebels? Believers of God. And who is Scar killing in the name of? (Not Rage Against the Machine. ) God. So Ishbar must of been another "cleansing" mission.
Wrong, they didnt make it there and I really doubt that Scar and his brother were in the research, I think they were in Ishbar when the military purged the city, anyway the military USED the stone against the civilians, we've seen how Basque used it, becoming that terminator-bunker thing.

Also, in the episode with Nina, when Scar touches the chimera, he gets information from his arm, so basically, his arm gave him all the information about the Military's alchemist.
Closed Thread