AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 04:37   Link #1861
Westlo
Lets be reality

Lets be real, as much as Yoshino has stuffed this up he's hardly the only one at fault, we would need a lot of staff changes to get this to the level it deserves to be. Considering the short turn around time I doubt many changes will happen though.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 04:48   Link #1862
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Lets be real, as much as Yoshino has stuffed this up he's hardly the only one at fault, we would need a lot of staff changes to get this to the level it deserves to be. Considering the short turn around time I doubt many changes will happen though.
I get what you mean but it's not like I can list out every person I suspect to be the problem, can I? I guess the right phrase should've been "replace nearly everyone in the staff".

Alibaba's butchered character was pretty much my main beef with the anime so as long as they avoid plot/character butchering and the episode 18 production horror the second season should still be a (rather) fun ride in itself.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 05:03   Link #1863
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Heh, I can't belierve I forgot that Yoshino was writing this. He being a hack of the highest order, that does explain a lot.

Still - why? What was the need for these radical changes if a second season was planned all along (as it should have been, based on commercial appeal)?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 05:24   Link #1864
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

please someone stop this madness @__@

wait, Magnostadt arc is kinda long and draggy in the first place so rushing it like what they did to Balbadd and Zagan arc MIGHT be a good idea
Old 2013-03-31, 05:32   Link #1865
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Truly mind-boggling. So a second season was planned already... and yet they come and do THIS? What the heck was Yoshino smoking?
Old 2013-03-31, 05:50   Link #1866
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
please someone stop this madness @__@

wait, Magnostadt arc is kinda long and draggy in the first place so rushing it like what they did to Balbadd and Zagan arc MIGHT be a good idea
Eh opinion on that arc aside.... Of course they'll rush through it so Yoshino can get his muse alibaba back on screen!
Old 2013-03-31, 05:50   Link #1867
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Truly mind-boggling. So a second season was planned already... and yet they come and do THIS? What the heck was Yoshino smoking?
Whatever it is, he's clearly had a sizeable stash of it on-hand for his entire career.
Old 2013-03-31, 06:02   Link #1868
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

....What. They've made all these stupid changes, and it wasn't even for an anime original final ending? Most of the series was fine, really, not the best adaptation by any means but not something that wasn't fun to watch. I liked the first bunch of eps so much that I went and read the entire manga so far. But after the Balbadd arc, they've proceeded to stuff up Alibaba's character seemingly beyond repair.

(And they made Hakuryuu lose his arm in the most stupid way possible, as if Hakuryuu was saying "Damn, the writing team messed up, and something must be done. Here, let me hold out my arm for no reason other than to get it lopped off. Please, take it!")

If it's the case that the Yoshino who was doing the series composition is a lousy planner, it explains a lot. Looking him up on Animenewsnetwork, I'm not filled with confidence upon seeing his earlier work. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=36992 The only thing there that's decent was Sora no Woto, which was hardly groundbreaking. Fractale was promising but turned out a trainwreck. And...Yoshino is the original creator of Seikon no Qwaser, which frankly makes me marvel that Magi's anime managed to make it as far as it did before falling to pieces.

My favourite arc is the Magnostadt arc, and earlier on in the thread I was complaining that because of the anime original ending, obviously that means there'll be no second season and I won't get to see my favourite arc animated. But now I'm not sure I want to see it, if it's only going to be murdered. My confidence in the Magi staff is on the low side at present...
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 06:05   Link #1869
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That's an Aladdin-centric arc, isn't it? If so, I don't think you need to worry about A-1 being interested in adapting it. But if they did yeah, that's even more reason to prepare for the worst.
Old 2013-03-31, 06:33   Link #1870
Kirarakim

Haven't watched the final episode yet but not sure I want to watch a second season.
Old 2013-03-31, 06:50   Link #1871
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Nah. No thanks for a secons season.
Old 2013-03-31, 07:08   Link #1872
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If they had already planned for a second season, then there was absolutely no need for these changes. They have no excuse now. Why did they do that? WHY?!

I'll probably still watch the second season for delicious Scheherazade, but I'm not expecting much. They'll probably find a way to fuck the story up further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
So, to summarize for an anime-only viewer who couldn't take any more and finally bailed:

Alibaba: Manga - "Pure white" rukh, strong and adaptable. Anime - Angst-ridden and weak-willed.

Aladdin: Manga - Main character. Anime - Who?

Morgiana: Manga - Nopan. Anime - Nopan.

At least they got that last part right.
Actually...

Spoiler for Heresy:
Old 2013-03-31, 07:14   Link #1873
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

^H-how could they...
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 07:27   Link #1874
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

^^ They ruined her character!
Old 2013-03-31, 07:50   Link #1875
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Which is funny, since she was clearly commando in the preview art.
Old 2013-03-31, 07:59   Link #1876
Kakkou
Tch.

It could just be censorship for the broadcast. I mean they added nipples to this joke scene in the first episode for the BD/DVD.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 08:14   Link #1877
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Why were they rushing so much if there was going to be a second season?? I don't think this warrants as a spoiler but Magnoshtat arc has not even ended yet. Oh, so they're going to crack 70-80 chapters worth of material in 24 episodes again?

I didn't hate this adaptation (I liked it a lot in fact) but it could have really been more. I really remember the Balbadd arc being smarter and more epic in the manga.
Old 2013-03-31, 09:29   Link #1878
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If they had already planned for a second season, then there was absolutely no need for these changes. They have no excuse now. Why did they do that? WHY?!

I'll probably still watch the second season for delicious Scheherazade, but I'm not expecting much. They'll probably find a way to fuck the story up further.

Actually...

Spoiler for Heresy:
HOW DARE THEY!

The bastards giving Mor panties and shit...biggest sin in all of the anime.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 11:59   Link #1879
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Why were they rushing so much if there was going to be a second season?? I don't think this warrants as a spoiler but Magnoshtat arc has not even ended yet. Oh, so they're going to crack 70-80 chapters worth of material in 24 episodes again?
To the bolded, again? Yoshino cut a swath through 116 chapters, he laughs @ 70-80! Especially if it means getting his BFF Alibaba back in the scene quicker.

And since duckroll gave up on this thread and only trolls Magi on GAF now he thinks it will line up with the manga ending. He seems convinced it will end and if it does it makes sense (still a poor effort though), A lot of people disagree with it ending in a year though...
Old 2013-03-31, 12:19   Link #1880
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There is absolutely no way the manga will end that soon. The mangaka would need to rush the story like hell, and she has shown no sign of doing that so far.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen