AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-05-21, 21:58   Link #21
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
Thank you for the tip, I always thought if it looks alright for one side then it must be okay for the other, too. So it was some sort of bias, after all?

And yeah, practice is definitely what I need.
Maybe so, but a drawing doesn't necessarily need to look alright on both sides, though... there are numerous professional illustrations out there that look weird after being mirrored it all depends on the style and preferences of the artist.

I just brought that tip since I think it could help in many ways... such as checking body proportions and identifying our mistakes too.

I also think that this pic is by far your best one especially since it's Kotori, lol
Old 2013-05-21, 22:45   Link #22
Assort Dis

Heh, Kotori definitely needs more love.
Old 2013-05-24, 21:51   Link #23
Assort Dis

As suggested by Ryonea, I decided to go and show this fanart of Lala I made from few weeks ago. To be honest, this is my most time consuming pic (3 characters, thrice the effort )

Old 2013-05-25, 09:04   Link #24
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
As suggested by Ryonea, I decided to go and show this fanart of Lala I made from few weeks ago. To be honest, this is my most time consuming pic (3 characters, thrice the effort )
Yeah, about time!

Haha, I know that feel. Drawing multiple characters at 1 time is very difficult. We are very prone to mistakes, especially keeping the proportions between the characters (body height comparison, etc.) moreover if the characters are "touching" each other... like a hug, and holding hands.

As for this Lala pic, what I like most is her expressions and you're doing very well with the age differences too. What's the idea behind the pic? Lala's body shrinked into a child form?
Old 2013-05-25, 11:50   Link #25
Assort Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Yeah, about time!

Haha, I know that feel. Drawing multiple characters at 1 time is very difficult. We are very prone to mistakes, especially keeping the proportions between the characters (body height comparison, etc.) moreover if the characters are "touching" each other... like a hug, and holding hands.

As for this Lala pic, what I like most is her expressions and you're doing very well with the age differences too. What's the idea behind the pic? Lala's body shrinked into a child form?
Yeah, I still tend to avoid drawing characters interactions due to reasons you mentioned

As for the idea, Lala made some random medicine on a whim (read: I couldn't think up why did she do that ) and tested on it herself. It went unexpected like every other Lala's inventions and slowly turned her into a child.

Actually, if you look carefully, the first Lala has a medicine pill in her mouth (yeah, I know it doesn't show quite clearly).
Old 2013-05-27, 03:41   Link #26
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

The last one is very cute. I like how you added those sweat drops on Peke.

I also like how you've managed to make the shirt look a bit silky, good job.

(As for your question on my thread, it takes around 15-16 hours for me to get a drawing done these days once I get a solid idea down)
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 07:07   Link #27
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yeah, I still tend to avoid drawing characters interactions due to reasons you mentioned

As for the idea, Lala made some random medicine on a whim (read: I couldn't think up why did she do that ) and tested on it herself. It went unexpected like every other Lala's inventions and slowly turned her into a child.

Actually, if you look carefully, the first Lala has a medicine pill in her mouth (yeah, I know it doesn't show quite clearly).
Ah I see... that's just like her alright.
Didn't notice the medicine since it's black I thought that was some kind of dirt or miscolorization or something on your pic.
Old 2013-05-27, 12:10   Link #28
Assort Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
The last one is very cute. I like how you added those sweat drops on Peke.

I also like how you've managed to make the shirt look a bit silky, good job.

(As for your question on my thread, it takes around 15-16 hours for me to get a drawing done these days once I get a solid idea down)
Phew, I'm glad that someone noticed that sweet drop. I made it too small to see

Quote:
Ah I see... that's just like her alright.
Didn't notice the medicine since it's black I thought that was some kind of dirt or miscolorization or something on your pic.
I actually really want to go back and fix that but well, what's done is done.
Old 2013-06-04, 05:54   Link #29
Assort Dis

Well, time to show off my first ever drawing of a male character, specifically Oreki from Hyouka.
To be honest, it doesn't look like the guy though

Old 2013-06-04, 08:07   Link #30
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

^ That doesn't look like a first time at all!
it looks quite like Houtarou IMO but maybe it would be more accurate if you draw his eyes to be more "sleepy"

I like the black coloring you did here, especially the shading on the... uh.. crotch area.. (please don't take it the wrong way ). I'm always having problem with black color.

I think the BG could be spiced up a bit more to bring the feel of the series... you could add something like magnifying glass, clock, or something to add the detective elements.
Old 2013-06-04, 21:22   Link #31
Assort Dis

Quote:
^ That doesn't look like a first time at all!
The result of all those time devoted to fixing his body

Quote:
it looks quite like Houtarou IMO but maybe it would be more accurate if you draw his eyes to be more "sleepy"
Yeah, I messed up that part, should have been more narrow eyes -_-

Quote:
I like the black coloring you did here, especially the shading on the... uh.. crotch area.. (please don't take it the wrong way ). I'm always having problem with black color.

I think the BG could be spiced up a bit more to bring the feel of the series... you could add something like magnifying glass, clock, or something to add the detective elements.
Great idea! Could've added items from the cases. I'm having regrets now

The crotch shading took me quite a lot of time since I wasn't sure how to shade it. Glad that it came out well then.
Old 2013-06-05, 05:56   Link #32
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

You have massive respect from me for drawing both Oreki and pants.

Good effort on the whole "lighting coming towards the viewer" effect, if I'm looking at this right. Would be even cooler if there's a shadow cast over Oreki's face.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-06-05, 20:34   Link #33
Assort Dis

Quote:
You have massive respect from me for drawing both Oreki and pants.

Good effort on the whole "lighting coming towards the viewer" effect, if I'm looking at this right. Would be even cooler if there's a shadow cast over Oreki's face.
You're giving me too much credits here, thank you very much

You are right that I was trying to create such effect. I have a little obsession with light coming from behind character's back

Well, I did try to add a shadow over his face but the result looks so disastrous that I only ended up making his whole face a little bit darker, which doesn't really show well
Old 2013-06-05, 21:02   Link #34
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The result of all those time devoted to fixing his body

Yeah, I messed up that part, should have been more narrow eyes -_-

Great idea! Could've added items from the cases. I'm having regrets now

The crotch shading took me quite a lot of time since I wasn't sure how to shade it. Glad that it came out well then.
Oh, I see... it takes time after all

I don't think you messed about the eyes, though. You just need to add the eyelids lines

Nah, for the background, you could always update your work, right? unless you have a principle of "what's done is done"

One thing that I also like is how you can put the feel of cloth for his uniform did you use a texture or something?

Quote:
Well, I did try to add a shadow over his face but the result looks so disastrous that I only ended up making his whole face a little bit darker, which doesn't really show well
I'd like to suggest brightening the light on his left cheek, but I think it'll be difficult since his face is already bright too... unless you want to darken the overall skin colors.
Old 2013-06-06, 19:44   Link #35
Assort Dis

I don't exactly want to go back and fix it because I think keeping it like this reminds me of what I did wrong. But in truth...

Spoiler for Real reason:

Ah, I didn't use any texture. I simply make bright strokes here and there in between the shading of his clothes.

Certainly to make it cooler, I''ll have to darken his entire skin color. Well, I said I'm a bit obsessed with this effect so there are chances to do this in the future.
Old 2013-06-15, 12:10   Link #36
Assort Dis

Phew, finally done with this. I've been wanting to do some kind of a summary for Date A Live plot so here it is.

Also double as a chibi drawing practice

Old 2013-06-15, 21:25   Link #37
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Very cute. I'm liking the character expressions, your coloring is improving rapidly, and the hair are looking more natural.

I was wondering if you used the liquify tool in Photoshop or something similar to adjust Kotoris eyes after you finished coloring everything in. If so be careful how you use it cause the result may be glaring.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-06-16, 20:31   Link #38
Assort Dis

Quote:
Very cute. I'm liking the character expressions, your coloring is improving rapidly, and the hair are looking more natural.

I was wondering if you used the liquify tool in Photoshop or something similar to adjust Kotoris eyes after you finished coloring everything in. If so be careful how you use it cause the result may be glaring.
Thank you

Well, I only use Paint tool Sai so I'm not sure I understand what you meant with that liquify tool. I realize that her left eyes seem to be smaller compared to the other but I think the fault mostly lies in the lineart process since I didn't do anything more to it after it's colored.
Old 2013-06-17, 05:27   Link #39
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Very cute! you portrayed the characters' trait accurately IMO.
but maybe Reine should be in an "I approve" pose IMO, since she's almost like Kotori's right hand.

Liquify tool is a tool in Photoshop. Just like the name, that's how it feels like when using it.
Old 2013-06-17, 10:04   Link #40
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

The Liquify tool is basically a more precise version of the transform tool in SAI. You can use it to make a fat person skinnier, nose smaller or make eyes bigger, etc. I thought you may have used something similar on Kotori's left eye to make it look wider but I guessed wrong.
       /
      / \|
    /