AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-24, 12:33   Link #3061
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Being able to be suspended for swearing despite the profanity filter is stupid I agree, though I've taken advantage of that idiotic system on a few occasions. For instance, some idiot was screaming at people in AV for "Defending towers just to boost their defense stats and not killing the horde" and just being a total douche in general; by merely pointing out the flaws in his "logic" I was able to provoke him into swearing at me, bam, reported.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 13:18   Link #3062
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

I got hacked ~~

I still don't know how on earth that happened. But my some of my gear was stolen, as well as my personal bank being emptied. And almost everything that had value, even pots/food and the rep tabars Oo
Also got 3 peoples added on my Friend list all of the sudden Oo

Worse is probably my guildbank being plundered too. This is so frustrating. And i only been playing 2 month, i haven't cheated or anything >.<

Running NOD32 and Windows Defender on my PC atm.

I suspect my notebook of being the cause, even though i don't play much on it, i do use it to check my auctions in the morning. This is so frustrating. Not only is my wow account hacked, my mails and stuff isn't safe anymore either. My notebook had a virus from work. Didn't minded it much, as i didn't thought it would do much harm. But meh >.<

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:00   Link #3063
Clarste
Human

Blizzard can get your stuff back. They save records of what you had before, and just mail you all the gold and items you lost. You just have to ask them to do so. So, don't feel too bad on that end.

Obviously you should run a virus scan etc etc for the more general problem, but I guess you already did that.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:13   Link #3064
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I've been hacked before, Sephi, so I know how you feel. Get a GM ticket immediately, make sure you have all the details you need. I recall on my reply email to Blizzard from an inquiry email they sent, I told them as much as I could remember as to the gold, gear and other stuff each character had. 5 days later, they restored everything. I was very pleased with how they handled it. GM that repleid to me was very sympathetic/tactful, the person in America I spoke to on the phone was very helpful, their email system was swift, the team working on it did their job. I can't guarantee it to be all roses, but if you give all the necessary details, there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 2009-03-24, 20:00   Link #3065
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

You guys who got hacked just couldn't resist the sex leg huh? Not that I blame you, it is so sex. In all seriousness though, I hate seeing that happen, the people who do that crap are scum. Hopefully you get your stuff back.

Man I am so glad I got that drake last week, guild is currently wiping repeatedly trying to get "Shocking!" They asked me earlier to step out for someone who still needed it, and I was uh, very glad to oblige. You have no idea how relieved I am to not be in there right now, haha.
Old 2009-03-24, 23:19   Link #3066
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Hah, my guild finally gets Immortal and of course I'm on the sidelines since my internet decides to act up after months of working fine. GM says he'll keep on doing runs for those who didn't get it, but I have doubts about guild focus after most of the raid already has it.
Old 2009-03-25, 00:51   Link #3067
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

My sypathies, Xellos. i had something similar happen to me. I've only missed one run in my guild's alt runs and that was the one time they decided to to Sarth 3D. They got it and haven't done it since. Plus I missed on the Nightfall run that people sent their alts to. -_-
Old 2009-03-25, 01:02   Link #3068
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

ouch... >.<

That blows.

Poor Sephi, that sucks hopefully they get it all back for you.
Old 2009-03-25, 06:31   Link #3069
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

That really sucks, same thing happened to a few of the people in my guild, except that the officers decided to be realistic and never said we were going to try our hardest to get it again. They did say they'd try to get people the rest of the achievements, though I have my doubts about them seriously trying 6 minute Malygos again too.

They did finally get Shocking after about 8-9 wipes and kicking multiple people out of the raid. So glad I was not part of that. Instead I sat on top of Naxx on my drake watching Code Geass DVDs and playing Street Fighter 4. I love "raiding".
Old 2009-03-25, 07:11   Link #3070
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Hey I spent a good portion of tonight moonfiring critters on my level 12 druid and randomly questing.

We should get about 6-7 people GotR this week if we get Sarth, its the only one we need. Really quite annoying!

Although I did watch Code Geass on ABC2 last night during the raid. I just listen to Lelouch and all I hear is Ichigo-gone-evil.

Come to think of it, I spend half my night watching TV, while raiding... my PiP sits right over Omen too!
Old 2009-03-25, 07:48   Link #3071
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Yeah, I typically don't mind most dubs but Bosch's voice for Lelouch is such a disaster in my opinion. I don't even care if the director/producer approved the voices himself, I will always consider it horrible. To me it completely changes the feel of the character. And this is coming from someone who actually likes Bosch in most of his roles. Kind of a polarizing dub overall for me, lots of great voices like Suzaku, Lloyd, Orange, Diethard, Toudou and Shirley (yes she's annoying but I feel it fits the character perfectly), and lots of ones I hate such as V.V. (sounds like a middle-aged woman trying too hard to sound like a young boy) and Nunally (high-pitched yet emotionless, I think this is the same voice as Farleen from Star Ocean 3 which I still consider the worst voice acting ever). Mao's voice isn't bad but I don't really understand why they made him sound so flamboyantly gay.

Er, to get back on topic though, my guild is going to try Ulduar testing again today and it sounds like that's what they intend to spend most of the raid time on from now on. I have a sneaking suspicion they won't be trying too hard to get some of the remaining achievements for people. It kind of annoys me though that a few good players may end up without the drake while one particular very bad player, who has ruined multiple Shocking attempts, is going to get it. They even let him stay on the platform and not jump down to Thaddius on the attempt where they finally got it, instead of just kicking him from the raid like I would have. If you blow the achievement multiple times and then don't even participate in the fight because you can't even be trusted to not do so again, you don't deserve the drake, period.
Old 2009-03-25, 08:05   Link #3072
Nosauz

I mean how hard is it to run in a god damn circle? well I know jumping off the platforms really sucks some times if your space bar jams but if you miss it jsut run back don't enter the group till you get a charge I mean its not rocket science, if I was the rl I would gkicked his ass on the spot since raiding really boils down to the achievements and not server firsts anymore since those get done the wekk they release.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 09:09   Link #3073
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

We don't even run in a circle, just run right through him. Takes literally 2 seconds and like you I just can't comprehend how people can consistently fail at that. I have never once shocked anyone on that fight, not even the first time I went in there having only a vague idea of how the fight even worked. Yeah, mistakes happen but the people who come in and do it every week are just really sad. If it were the original version of Thaddius we'd be actually wiping to him, not just dying on purpose to be able to get the achievement. I'd have gkicked that guy too personally, and he just got really lucky to have been in the immortal run we did which got everyone in it automatically promoted to raider status; otherwise he'd have failed his trial period for sure. Not to mention he shocked everyone in that raid too and would have blown immortal if the healers hadn't been on the ball.

Oh, and a new app we had yesterday, asked what side was for what charge, had it SPAMMED in raid chat, so much that my entire chatlog was filled with it, was told by people in vent exactly what to do, etc. First attempt, he obviously shocks everyone and says "Sorry, didn't know what side I was supposed to stand on". /earth-shattering facepalm. I don't think he screwed up again after that, but still, ugh.

/end Thaddius rant
Old 2009-03-25, 09:17   Link #3074
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Three blue posts have popped up which are interesting...

Ignis the Furnace Master, Razorscale, Kologarn, and Auriaya do not have hard modes. Algalon does not have a normal mode.

That puts the final number of bosses with hard modes at 10.

As many of you have learned, we will be reducing the duration of flask effects so that they only last one hour. However, all recipes that create flasks will create two instead of one for the same material cost. Additionally, we will be increasing stack size from 5 to 20 as we anticipate players will need to carry more flasks at a given time. Vendor value for flasks has also been reduced to keep the auction house deposit low.

Our goal with the change was to allow players greater flexibility when determining how long they plan to raid, as currently we were seeing many players balance time spent raiding around flask duration. We also anticipate that this change will make using flasks in dungeons and battlegrounds a more reasonable decision for players. Though this change will not occur until patch 3.1.0, we wanted to give as much advance notice as possible in case some of you who are stockpiling flasks would prefer to wait to do so until the change is implemented.

We realize players who currently have stockpiled a lot of flasks may feel like they will lose money with this change, since their current flasks will only last for half as long once 3.1.0 goes live. To partially remedy this, we are going to allow players to exchange any current Northrend flasks (Flask of the Frost Wyrm, Flask of Stoneblood, Flask of Endless Rage and Flask of Pure Mojo) for two flasks with the shorter duration. Flasks from older content will not be grandfathered in, and going forward, it will only be possible to make the flasks with a one hour duration.

The top 10 teams of the 2009 Arena Tournament’s online qualifier as of March 24, 2009 are listed below:

Rank | Team Name | Classes | Win – Loss | Team Rating
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. well then | Death Knight, Paladin, Warlock | 117 – 26 | 2552
2. BARKSDALE CREW | Death Knight, Paladin, Warlock | 156 – 54 | 2501
3. monkey attack squad | Hunter, Mage, Shaman | 215 – 96 | 2465
4. GET MONEY GET PAYCE | Death Knight, Hunter, Paladin | 251 – 132 | 2462
5. Walrus Attack Squad | Hunter, Mage, Priest | 110 – 35 | 2457
6. Paradorn’s Team | Hunter, Paladin, Warlock | 90 – 27 | 2452
7. NO LIGHTNING GEN BRAH | Death Knight, Paladin, Warlock | 170 – 67 | 2442
7. Nekos’ Team | Death Knight, Death Knight, Paladin | 86 – 39 | 2410
9. faceroll tunnel vision | Paladin, Priest, Shaman | 142 – 58 | 2402
10. Wd’s Team | Death Knight, Paladin, Warlock | 81 – 33 | 2401

And Tier 8 stats and graphics if you haven't seem them yet.
Old 2009-03-25, 09:45   Link #3075
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

The "bad" thing I always find when people post up rankings and stuff is... How uncreative some people's names are for teams or something... Always slightly irks me

Just a nitpick don't mind me
Old 2009-03-25, 10:11   Link #3076
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I've found mostly the opposite actually, most arena team names I see are pretty creative and often incredibly hilarious and vulgar. In fact I bet that most of those "Soandso's Team" on that list originally had names like that but were reported.

Was always pretty fond of my old team name "Zetsu is probably AFK", gave me a very convenient excuse when we lost our 8 or so games a week. Wasn't my first choice though, but my friends refused to play on a team named "Magical Hentai Warriors".
Old 2009-03-25, 10:14   Link #3077
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Ah but that's the thing. I don't like names that are vulgar or something like that. I've always liked picking "actual names". It's one of my pet peeves when I'm playing some fantasy MMO and I see people using names that... Don't fit that genre at all.

Then again I also have a pet peeve against any name that you wouldn't actually name a real person with.
Old 2009-03-25, 10:44   Link #3078
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

And that's one of the reasons why I hate rp servers, generic fantasy is incredibly boring. Yeah, someone named Darkkillerx or Shadowdeath is probably an idiot, but people named stuff like Arthur with guilds like <Knights of Justice> (not just generic but also incredibly stupid) are far far worse. I do prefer using things that could qualify as names when making characters but I don't make them conform to any genre standard nor do I have a problem with people who use "non-names" as names. The in-game random name generator is a riot though, one day I will take its suggestion and create a gnome named Wenis.
Old 2009-03-25, 11:05   Link #3079
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Ah but that's the thing. I don't like names that are vulgar or something like that. I've always liked picking "actual names". It's one of my pet peeves when I'm playing some fantasy MMO and I see people using names that... Don't fit that genre at all.

Then again I also have a pet peeve against any name that you wouldn't actually name a real person with.
http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...erub&n=Toucher says hi!

I always took simple short names that's easy to type. Easy to type, pronounce on vent and recognizable.
Old 2009-03-25, 11:23   Link #3080
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Same here. I don't see the need for overly complicated names when a simple one can be creative, fit the setting and be easy as well. My Death Knight 'Kharan' my Hunter 'Mortok' and my new Shaman 'Kortol' for example.

Simple, easy to type, easy to remember.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows