AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 10:52   Link #21
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
but i think that in movies some things should be slided, it's just a 2 hour show, it's not an episodic anime where everything will be explained, and the transformers is about the battle between autobots and decepticons, where some heavy action is required or else it won't feel like transformers at all, and about hot chicks i guess there's no harm with some fanservice
Exactly. Transformers is about battle between Autobots and Decepticons, but who was the movie focusing on? That's right, the humans (Sam Witwicky, his family, his friends, and some random Government bureaucrats and Military staffs, etc). Now, you should've known what's wrong with these movies after I said the above complication.
Old 2012-11-09, 11:02   Link #22
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

^oh, so that is the problem, i think it's a completely valid point, the humans are more focused in each movie, nothing left to say after that being pointed out,
but still i won't say that i hate it, may be the animation and action got me
Old 2012-11-09, 11:10   Link #23
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Relax mate. I wasn't trying to turn you into a hater. It's totally fine to like Transformers movies.

This might surprise you, but I'm also not a hater. I'm more like the middleman or the neutral party. I enjoy the Transformers movies after I plant a concept in my mind that what I'm watching isn't really Transformers, It's Bayformers .
Old 2012-11-09, 14:55   Link #24
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
^oh, so that is the problem, i think it's a completely valid point, the humans are more focused in each movie, nothing left to say after that being pointed out,
but still i won't say that i hate it, may be the animation and action got me
No the movie is fine.

It just didn't feel like a transformer movie.

As others have pointed out, it felt more like a GI Joe movie with the Transformers in the back. Heck most of the time it felt like GI Joe fighting against Decepticons. I mean in Dark of the Moon half of the battle goes to the military...I mean where the hell were the autobots?

Part of the awe was that the transformers were so advanced that they made human tech look primitive. In this case it's a turkey shoot.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 01:58   Link #25
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

It's already turned away from a "Transformers 4" discussion.

But seriously, Transformers II made my physically ill. The others weren't so bad, but that one is just miraculously bad.
Old 2012-11-10, 04:30   Link #26
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

slightly random question, though probably good for you Transformers buffs this isn't a argument I haven't heard before till a friend brought it up, but how do y'all feel about Optimus' portrayal in the movies?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 04:39   Link #27
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Predicting that there will be a lot of pointless explosions in this movie.

and not much else
New Tranformers!!!! A laptop, lighter... a shaver, vibrator....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 05:59   Link #28
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Part of the awe was that the transformers were so advanced that they made human tech look primitive. In this case it's a turkey shoot.
This! So much this. In the Bay films the Transformers are made of glass or something. They get ripped apart by everything. The designs are bad enough, half the time the CGI blends together so much you can't make out one from the other, but the fact that they're so fragile just boggles my mind.

I'm not a purist by any stretch, but the most advanced thing in the Bay films is that the Decepticons are master hackers. Outside of the obvious "they transform", that's about as high tech as things get. To make it worse, the films really seem like a showcase for military hardware and GM cars.

The overemphasis on everything that isn't Transformers is why I can't take the movies seriously at all. Explosions, giant robots, whatever, it's great popcorn theater. It's just not Transformers.
Old 2012-11-10, 07:59   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
slightly random question, though probably good for you Transformers buffs this isn't a argument I haven't heard before till a friend brought it up, but how do y'all feel about Optimus' portrayal in the movies?
In the first movie, Optimus was depicted as a very noble leader with so much compassion even for “idiotic” alien species like human. He’ll risk his life to protect earth and the humans in it.

In the second movie, he barely had any screen-time except for some battle scenes, so nothing really changes.

In the third movie, (from what I get) Optimus has grew tired and mad at the humans for keeping some great secrets about Cybertronian ship on the moon. He’s so sick of the humans that he decides to just hide and watch as thousands of people being blasted/stomped/vaporized during the Decepticon’s invasion. Then, when he finally got bored of just watching, he decided to join the battle and playing Dirty Harry on some Decepticons. *Enter Megatron with his bitching*, Optimus just blasted him a new one. Not even his traitorous mentor who’s begging for mercy is free from his wrath, and once again, Dirty Harry Optimus just ripped him a new one. The only thing he missed was pointing a middle finger. *phew*, those must’ve been a great stress-reliever for you, Optimus. I feel for you, man (or bot?). I really do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
This! So much this. In the Bay films the Transformers are made of glass or something. They get ripped apart by everything. The designs are bad enough, half the time the CGI blends together so much you can't make out one from the other, but the fact that they're so fragile just boggles my mind.

I'm not a purist by any stretch, but the most advanced thing in the Bay films is that the Decepticons are master hackers. Outside of the obvious "they transform", that's about as high tech as things get. To make it worse, the films really seem like a showcase for military hardware and GM cars.
That’s true. The Decepticons in particular have turned from a badass robots that can destroy US military facility alone and single-handedly with overpowering firepower into mere “scrap-metal brawlers” which can be taken down by a bunch of human soldiers.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-11-26 at 18:30.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 11:40   Link #30
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I was fine with the designs honestly

But yeah the Transformers were literally made of glass. In Revenge of the Fallen I couldn't help but wonder where the hell Starscream was when the US military was sending in F-14 to bomb the place. I mean he's a freaking F-22, he could easily take all of them out.

It should've been like Gundam where the tanks and fighters are nothing more than cannon fodder and distractions for the true killers which were the MS's.

I literally cringed when Starscream was killed by Sam, I was like, really?

Quote:
I was actually fine with it. It was one of the most violent protrayals of Optimus. I mean the dude was literally ripping people's faces left and right and executing in cold style. Forget all that crap about sentiment just kill the **** guy!
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 17:29   Link #31
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I don't love to hate it.....I just hate it!
Old 2012-11-12, 04:09   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Update: Transformers 4's setting will be 4 years after Dark of the Moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bay
"The movie is going to continue four years from the attack on Chicago," says Bay, "which was in the last movie. It's going to have the same lineage, but it's going in a full new direction. It actually feels very natural how it's going in that direction... We're doing a lot of things that are really going to make it fresh and feel new."
Source
Old 2012-11-12, 05:05   Link #33
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

So now we know it is a continuation, the question is if they would use Rodimus or not.
Old 2012-11-26, 18:32   Link #34
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just want to add this here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by screenrant.com
According to a write-up at TFW2005, which highlights key announcements from Hasbro at the UBS Best Of Americas 2012 Conference, despite an astronomical box office take for Transformers 3, the toy maker did not feel as though the accompanying toy sales lived up to expectations. Why? Brian Goldner, Hasbro President and CEO, claims the films have largely focused on the same group of hero and villain robots – resulting in limited variation for the toy line.

Goldner asserted, for Transformers 4, the story would center around a new batch of robots – for the purpose of refreshing the toy line. Here’s the relevant, and obviously paraphrased, information from the TFW2005 report:
Quote:
[The failure to meet expectations for the toys were] because of same characters in all three movies. This is why Transformers 4 will have a new cast of [robot] characters and it will be a story revolving around these new characters. Goldner said Transformers will branch out to more categories. For example; during Transformers 3, they had an idea to expand the Transformers brand [to the] Little Kids segment. This was the origin of Rescuebots said Mr. Goldner. Soon the idea took a separate life and evolved [into] a separate toyline. [Goldner] said it’s normal for any brand to experience this situation (what happened to Transformers 3 toyline) and stated that brands need re-imagining, [reinventing], and hinted that the same is to happen with Transformers 4.
We’ve known for some time that Transformers 4 would be a departure from the original trilogy of films, changing out the primary human cast, adding a number of new robots, and setting up the franchise for new directors – so that Michael Bay can stop saying Transformers [fill in the blank] will “be his last.” However, it was long expected that the film would still maintain a number of the key Transformers - to retain certain continuity elements (and, subsequently, the established audience).

Of course, Goldner is not saying that every established Transformer will be replaced, plus a number of familiar faces did meet their end in Dark of the Moon, but it’s hard to know at this point where the filmmakers intend to draw the line – since many of the deluxe action toys (with a higher profit margin) have typically featured characters that would be hard to remove from the franchise altogether (like Optimus Prime and Bumblebee). Given the love for these fan-favorite characters, especially among younger demographics that would buy the toys, it’s hard to imagine Hasbro can clean the slate entirely. Could the filmmakers be planning an approach similar to the upcoming G.I. Joe: Retaliation – which is an in-continuity reboot with only a few returning faces?
Old 2012-11-26, 18:55   Link #35
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So now we know it is a continuation, the question is if they would use Rodimus or not.
I'll second that! Loved Rodimus Prime in the movie, but you know they'll have to bring Ultra Magnus, and Kupp into it as well. Arcee was already depicted in Dark of the Moon. Or at least Hot Rod might make a show. With Marky Mark in the new one they'll have to give him a hot ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 00:35   Link #36
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Considering I enter a Transformers movie expecting and hoping for giant robots beating the shit out of each other, explosions, more explosions, and wicked awesome sounds, I'm sure Michael Bay will not disappoint me. Ever.

I feel sorry for the folks who enter those theater doors thinking they're going to find plot or coherency. It's like, they're just looking for something to complain about. I paid a ticket for explosions, and I got them. Day made.
Old 2012-11-27, 04:13   Link #37
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Considering I enter a Transformers movie expecting and hoping for giant robots beating the shit out of each other, explosions, more explosions, and wicked awesome sounds, I'm sure Michael Bay will not disappoint me. Ever.

I feel sorry for the folks who enter those theater doors thinking they're going to find plot or coherency. It's like, they're just looking for something to complain about. I paid a ticket for explosions, and I got them. Day made.
Actually, that's not our complaint. We are willing to accept a silly story. What is not acceptable is Transformers being side characters while G.I.Joes save the day.

There is not enough giant robots beating the shit out of each other, and too much ego stroking for the US army.
Old 2012-11-27, 06:52   Link #38
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Actually, that's not our complaint. We are willing to accept a silly story. What is not acceptable is Transformers being side characters while G.I.Joes save the day.

There is not enough giant robots beating the shit out of each other, and too much ego stroking for the US army.
Uh actually it's the U.S. Air Force. And we're still getting the explosions and fighting, just now it's everybody getting into it.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 08:22   Link #39
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Uh actually it's the U.S. Air Force. And we're still getting the explosions and fighting, just now it's everybody getting into it.
Everyone is involved. The Navy got in the act with their hypothetical railgun killing Devastator.

And you seem to have skipped my point. I can watch explosions and fighting anywhere. I want giant robots to do the fighting in a giant robot show.

You want "Everyone" getting in on it? That's your preference. On my end I want Transformers in my Transformers movie, as strange as it might sound.

I watched, and enjoyed, the official G.I.Joe movie, despite the insanity of the ice that sank in water against laws of physics. I have no problem watching soldiers blowing things up. But I do have a problem when the human soldiers are getting in the way of Transformers.
Old 2012-11-27, 09:16   Link #40
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
I'll second that! Loved Rodimus Prime in the movie, but you know they'll have to bring Ultra Magnus, and Kupp into it as well. Arcee was already depicted in Dark of the Moon. Or at least Hot Rod might make a show. With Marky Mark in the new one they'll have to give him a hot ride!
Well, Arcee was brought in the second film I think we saw her twice in DotM? though the second time was Razorbeak (think that was supposed to be him...)
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote