AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-03-03, 07:08   Link #221
sweetbox01

i got a question if my anime is wildscreen then y do i have to change the fulscreenresize too?

can someone give me a good combination for resize wildscreen ?

How big can britrate go with queue?

I got a problem sir
before everything work fine for me but when i get to this particular episode i getthis error

I get this error :

Avisynth open failure:
TextSub: Can't open "C:\DVDStudio\Encoding\Encode\[Eclipse]_Fate-stay_night_-_09_[h264]_[A6E029BB].ass"
(C:\DVDStudio\Encoding\AVS\[Eclipse]_Fate-stay_night_-_09_[h264]_[A6E029BB].avs,line 3)

Here is the picture

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-05 at 19:15. Reason: 6 single sentence posts merged
sweetbox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 04:38   Link #222
Nergol

This is one of the things that makes me happy I'm on a Mac. It's super-easy in Toast. Just finished turning my .avis of the first season of BBC's Spaced into a DVD (it even does PAL -> NTSC conversion automatically for you!), as well as some Jonathan Creek for my Mom, and the first season of Legend of Galactic Heroes for a friend. Takes five minutes at most to set up, complete with DVD menus. And it even supports local business (I live three blocks from Roxio's headquarters - and no, i don't work for them).
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 08:22   Link #223
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaruga22 View Post
does this guide work with vista?
No clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcat360 View Post
Hi, do these scripts work for mac users, or does anyone know of any script or program that'll help eliminate overscan on a mac????
The scripts work fine. Unfortunately all/most applications that are called/used by the scripts (which are quite a few) do not exist for Mac. For example, the scripts heavily rely on AviSynth, which in turn relies heavily on DirectShow (at least the way I use it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbox01 View Post
i got a question if my anime is wildscreen then y do i have to change the fulscreenresize too?
If you only encode widescreen (16:9 ratio) anime, fullscreen (4:3 ratio) settings do not apply.

Quote:
How big can britrate go with queue?
Probably up to 7000-9000 kbps. However, higher bitrate = larger filesize. So you usually want to go for a LOW bitrate, not a high one.

Quote:
I get this error :

Avisynth open failure:
TextSub: Can't open "C:\DVDStudio\Encoding\Encode\[Eclipse]_Fate-stay_night_-_09_[h264]_[A6E029BB].ass"
(C:\DVDStudio\Encoding\AVS\[Eclipse]_Fate-stay_night_-_09_[h264]_[A6E029BB].avs,line 3)
This problem popped up earlier. Check earlier pages of this thread. The solution is to load the subtitle file into a subtitle editor such as Aegisub, which will "fix" it so that it will encode. Oh, and and FSN is licensed, so I actually broke my own rules by helping you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergol View Post
This is one of the things that makes me happy I'm on a Mac. It's super-easy in Toast. Just finished turning my .avis of the first season of BBC's Spaced into a DVD (it even does PAL -> NTSC conversion automatically for you!), as well as some Jonathan Creek for my Mom, and the first season of Legend of Galactic Heroes for a friend. Takes five minutes at most to set up, complete with DVD menus. And it even supports local business (I live three blocks from Roxio's headquarters - and no, i don't work for them).
Great. Have you tried other files? The main purpose of this guide+scripts is to counter "overscan", which causes most normal TV sets to cut off subtitles in fansubs converted with normal DVD conversion tools like Roxio. This may not be apparent on HDTVs, or the particular series you encoded.

Try this with Roxio: encode some of the H.264/MKV/ASS (like Kanon by Eclipse) or MP4 (like Mamoru-kun by ToyBox) files found on AnimeSuki with it. I'll be surprised if you can get that to work.

Last... while I created this guide+scripts, I'm not using it anymore.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 10:00   Link #224
sweetbox01

u said queue can go to 7000 britrate ya but i put 4500 in and the result i got is like 2500 lol

what's wrong???

but if i use tmpegnc 4.0 xpress i'll get no problem right?

hm when i use TMPGENX 4.0 xpress i lost my sub - - i select almost he same size as the original file and i encode it i dun get my sub.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-05 at 19:19. Reason: 3 tiny posts merged
Old 2007-03-04, 12:22   Link #225
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
u said queue can go to 7000 britrate ya but i put 4500 in and the result i got is like 2500 lol

what's wrong???
That's a known bug in QuEnc. It seems to not keep itself to the specified bitrate.

Quote:
hm when i use TMPGENX 4.0 xpress i lost my sub - - i select almost he same size as the original file and i encode it i dun get my sub.
Try this:

Start -> Programs -> Combined Community Codec Pack -> Media Splitter Settings

Then select "Options" tab. Expand "Compatibility" section.

Set "Autoload VSFilter" to "Yes" and click OK. Then try encoding again.

This trick will only work if TMPGEnc uses DirectShow to get the video for encoding. If it uses other ways (and it did in the past afaik), it won't work. You might want to undo that setting in that case.
Old 2007-03-04, 17:05   Link #226
Nergol

GHD:

I avoid .mkv like the plague. Crappy draw of subtitles, clunky format, resource hog, bad compatability - it's a loser all around. I only d/l them when I have absolutely no other choice, such as with KimiNozo.

Once I unpack all my stuff (I'm in the middle of moving) I'll try burning a KimiNozo episode to disc just to see if it works (Don't worry - I won't distribute it). I'll let you know what happens.
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 17:38   Link #227
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Don't blame MKV for issues that are solely VLC's fault. Have you tried mplayer? The subtitles at least should work much better with mplayer. H.264 video and soft-subtitles usually do demand more of a system, but also with greater quality or lower filesize. Other than that I can't comment.

Anyway, discussing MKV would take this thread way off-topic, so let's leave it at that.
Old 2007-03-05, 02:43   Link #228
sweetbox01

OMG GHDpro I love u !!!!!

Thx so much for ur advice ^^^^^^^^^ Cheer!!

I got a question though if my tv is wildscreen but i choose 4:3 do i still get back border?

Also can you post the guide for TMPEnc DVD author 2.0?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-05 at 19:19. Reason: 3 more tiny posts merged. I'm starting to get irked.
Old 2007-03-10, 01:49   Link #229
sweetbox01

How to fix the overscreen problem?
Old 2007-03-10, 02:26   Link #230
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If you mean the "overscan" problem... that's what the borders are for. Those black borders that you were so eager to remove are there to fix the overscan problem. Just put them back the way they were.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 01:35   Link #231
Jolaloye

I have a big problem. I had to reformat my pc and now I don't have my set up for CCE anymore. I just checked for Aktee's guide and poof!!! It's down or non-existent. Does anyone know to set it up?
Jolaloye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 03:26   Link #232
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

It can still be found on the webarchive:
Aktee's Guide for CCE

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-03-12, 10:10   Link #233
Jolaloye

Thanks for quick reply
Old 2007-03-13, 08:40   Link #234
sweetbox01

How to make the file fit tv screen perfectlt without overscreen?
Old 2007-03-13, 17:00   Link #235
Aird

Quote:
How to make the file fit tv screen perfectlt without overscreen?
See Post#217 and #230, NoSanninWa has aleady explained it to you. Adjust the border numbers until you are happy with the way the picture looks on your TV.
Aird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 23:07   Link #236
Jolaloye

I'm feeling a little bit cheated now. I finally get a new pc (Dell core duo) and I'm excited to finally get on board again and I figure I can't even get the script to even run under vista home basic. Anyone know how I can set the script up because when I get to the folder options file types is no longer present. If that's a no no, is it possible at all to get this running under ubuntu?
Old 2007-03-20, 09:10   Link #237
Jolaloye

Ok, after trial and error. The script does work in Vista for me (I have Home Basic). When I right-click on whatever file I wante to encode I just go to open with and point to the queue and follow the normal steps from there.
Old 2007-03-20, 15:05   Link #238
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Would you be willing to describe the proceedure so that other Vista-victims can follow in your footsteps?

Old 2007-03-20, 18:09   Link #239
MediaJunky
Satan's Muse

First off...thanks so much for all of this. Secondly I need a little help. I am getting an error when I try to run this. Here is a copy of the debug file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Queue for Encoding: v2.01
Debug log created on: 2007-03-20 19:23

Error message: No source video specified (see FAQ for more info).
Debug message: $_SERVER["argv"][1] not set.

Configuration:
Array
(
[paths] => Array
(
[scriptfolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Scripts
[encodefolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Encoding
[queuefolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Queue
[appsfolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Scripts\Apps
[cce] => C:\Program Files\Custom Technology\Cinema Craft Encoder Basic\cct2.com
[quenc] => C:\DVDStudio\Scripts\Apps\QuEnc\QuEnc.exe
[vsfilter] => C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\vsfilter.dll
[cmd] => C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
[toolsfolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Scripts\Apps\Tools
[nfofolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Encoding\NFO
[avsfolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Encoding\AVS
[workfolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Encoding\Encode
)

[options] => Array
(
[debug] => 1
[resizemethod] => Lanczos
[fullscreenresize] => 660,440
[fullscreenborder] => 30,20,30,20
[ccetemplatefs] => Fullscreen
[widescreenresize] => 660,330
[widescreenborder] => 30,75,30,75
[ccetemplatews] => Widescreen
[audiobitrate] => 192
[mkvextractsubs] => 1
[autoaddsubs] => 1
[displaydelay] => 5
[encoder] => quenc
[bitrate] => 2500
[dsconvertfps] => 1
[skipmplex] => 0
[forcedssource] => 1
)

)

Info data:
Array
(
)

Raw Info data:
Array
(
)

Last edited by MediaJunky; 2007-03-20 at 19:26.
MediaJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 19:30   Link #240
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

@Jolaloye: I'm sorry, but I can't be of any help as I don't use nor have access to Vista.

@MediaJunky: do not run "queue.bat" directly. Follow the instructions to set it up under "File Types", so that you can run queue.bat by right-clicking on a video file. If you already did that, check it again -- you might have made a mistake.

Tags
file conversion, wiki candidate