AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-08, 20:05   Link #121
CelestialNocturne
OrgoKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
That's nonsense on all three counts. Killing Kira and Lacus is not the only way SEED can successfully move forward. Having something tragic happen to them is not natural simply because they're thought of as the pinnacle of previous CE series. And making a better story doesn't depend on having new characters.
Considering how the end of Destiny played out, I think it goes without saying that things would have potentially been much better had Kira actually died when the Freedom blew up...

No, new characters don't necessarily make for a better story but new characters allow for a new direction. I think what Deacon meant was that having entirely new characters allows for a story that's non-inclusive of the older characters. Thus, you end up not having that "dead weight", so to speak, tying you down as you try to move forward...

Last edited by CelestialNocturne; 2010-12-08 at 22:00.
CelestialNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 20:23   Link #122
tetsuo69

whats up with some people hating the seed cast every 2 post? i dislike 00 cast but you dont see me hating on them on anything related to 00. some people need to grow up. if your cup of tea isnt the CE, there still unicorn which is something always to look foward to.
Old 2010-12-08, 22:03   Link #123
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
look will ya stop mention thinking "kill the wabbit" or kira-Lacus really you know loyal fans would go NUKE-crazy on it.

geez look IF 3rd GS maybe it might kira-Lacus' child or descendant for it or maybe back to them again.

& why is that you should check other 2 ideas as well for

1.we get a gundam tv series with main lead gundam pilot is a WOMAN (come on where let see it through a female's point of view)
The only problem is the huge % female fans only interesting homos males thats the reason why those staff took advantages to make rating so popular.

Lets hope they make leading protagonist women we've seen enough of gays version series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
The only way SEED can successfully move forward is if they kill off Kira and Lacus. They're the absolute pinnacle of both series, so having something tragic happen is only natural. Plus, it'll allow them to have a FRESH START with NEW CHARACTERS that can actually make for a better story.
I agree this post why do they praising him so much like a God they just conflict-maker like World War 1 it didn't solve anything.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 22:10   Link #124
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialNocturne View Post
Considering how the end of Destiny played out, I think it goes without saying that things would have potentially been much better had Kira actually died when the Freedom blew up...
Of course, things could also be potentially worse.
Quote:
No, new characters don't necessarily make for a better story but new characters allow for a new direction. I think what Deacon meant was that having entirely new characters allows for a story that's non-inclusive of the older characters. Thus, you end up not having that "dead weight", so to speak, tying you down as you try to move forward...
Sure, but that still has nothing to do with making a better story. And any character, old or new, can be a "dead weight" if you don't do anything with them.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 22:42   Link #125
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If, and I do stress if, there is another CE series, I'd like to see the protagonist, if it is not Kira again, be a Natural. I was all for seeing a female protagonist until I met D-KLAC, so I'd rather not have a female protagonist in the next series.
Old 2010-12-08, 22:43   Link #126
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

By all means, have a female protagonist, sans the pink hair, and conspiracy theories.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 22:48   Link #127
justavisitor

female protagonist would be real nice!!...(a bit off topic, but to anyone who is interested, patlabor is one of the few mech series that has the female as the main pilot..and patlabor is a great anime and manga series!!)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 23:19   Link #128
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ah see i knew you're thinking of having a main lead female gundam pilot protagnist.

really that is like must be the idea got to happen really we must suggest it to twitter, facebook, myspace, petition, etc for that happen.

come on sunrise/bandai it's a new look by having a woman take the lead in gundam world.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 23:21   Link #129
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Speak of the devil... *sigh*
Old 2010-12-08, 23:23   Link #130
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
did everyone forget that the OVA Gundam: War in the Pocket had a female protagonist?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 23:24   Link #131
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
did everyone forget that the OVA Gundam: War in the Pocket had a female protagonist?
The protagonist is actually the little boy.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 23:33   Link #132
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

i was refer to a 50eps gundam tv series with a main lead female gundam pilot protagnist.

well geez unless you a character that mood/personality like a dexter morgan in it?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 00:15   Link #133
Washu-Chan