Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-19, 10:06   Link #15661
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Personally, as I've said before, I thought MGS4 was a bit too verbose, Emperor of the Universe by mid-afternoon indeed. But to each his own in terms of how they wish for plot points to be wrapped up.
Well, I love detail myself and hey, I am a Lovecraft fan. So there is no such thing as "too verbose" to me.

But you see, here it doesn't HAVE to be as well detailed as MGS4. Just wrapped up in about five minutes.
Quote:
I am of the opinion that a show that can endure hardship and be crafted into a masterpiece, even with a slow start, is better than a show that was planned and followed that plan perfectly due to fortune.
Well, I will give you that I guess.
Quote:
I do not mean prolonged existence, but less play on how much of a bitch CC was to the poor guy. A little back story too wouldn't have hurt. I do not mean to say that he served no purpose, as he did, he just had wasted potential in the ability to serve further use. Heck, I would not have minded Mao surviving longer to be an opponent Geass user and another side to C.C. and her dynamically challenged character. God knows he's 10x more interesting than Rolo.
We got Mao's back story though. There wasn't a whole lot more to explore than what we got. And yes, he is 10x more interesting than Rolo.

Quote:
As for questions left unanswered, that is inevitable. No story ever leaves everything answered [except for Metal Gear Solid], always some loose plot line will be found and questioned. Even the best literature has these moments.
I fixed it for you.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:12   Link #15662
leechbox
Kallen & Zero are my hero

Send a message via MSN to leechbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
I expected some of those that died too. Nunnally on the other hand.....Why damn it why? Get rid of C.C. or Suzaku or Millay or Rivalz i don't care about them but killing the poor blind ripple was wrong on so many levels.

Even if it turns out she's not actually his sister, its still the same as Rolo's time with lelouch, it still had meaning in Lelouchs case. Never thought i would compare the 2 but i suppose it would be ironic if it turned out that they were both impostors.
nunnaly is a imposter? proof plz ty! or die int he pits OF HELL!
Old 2008-08-19, 10:13   Link #15663
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by leechbox View Post
nunnaly is a imposter? proof plz ty! or die int he pits OF HELL!
It is just a rumor and he said "If." Not "is" so don't worry. It probably isn't the case. Some people just think Anya could be Lelouch's real sister or something like that. Which I still don't think makes much sense.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:16   Link #15664
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:

I'm not saying that S1 was some pile of shit but people seem to be unfairly placing it on some god-like pedestal when it was not really all that much better than R2 when it kicked off with the real plot. But then, that is like me asking people to not be complete imbeciles... impossible.
That's true, but I think people will always prefer the original. R2 is doing what season 1 did which is building up to the later episodes becoming epic. The problem was that fans didn't have patience and wanted the hype from 25 to continue on into the new season.

It's also disappointing to know that R2 has gone differently because of the company execs screwing with the time slot.

My guess all along was that R2 wanted to be more violent and more pushing the limit sexually than it has been able to.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:16   Link #15665
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Well, I love detail myself and hey, I am a Lovecraft fan. So there is no such thing as "too verbose" to me.

But you see, here it doesn't HAVE to be as well detailed as MGS4. Just wrapped up in about five minutes.
Lovecraft is boring. I'd have been fine with MSG4 had been a book, but its a game, not a book. I want to play games, not watch them play themselves.

I'd say Code Geass is pretty damn detailed in comparison to your usual anime garbage that spews from the bowels of some ecchi producer's mind. There have been, to my knowledge, only a few plot points that have been dropped and they, in and of themselves, could interest me about as much as a flaming bag of potpourri. Suffice to say, within the recent couple years, nothing has really beaten Code Geass in terms of detail and good characterization.

And heck, the show isn't even over yet.

Quote:
We got Mao's back story though. There wasn't a whole lot more to explore than what we got. And yes, he is 10x more interesting than Rolo.
We got a part of Mao's back story. We never did figure out who he was, why he had potential, why he had such high potential, what happened to him that made him go wacko, what happened after, how C.C. treated him, and so on. There was a plethora of things on his character that could have been furthered.

Quote:
I fixed it for you.
No... you did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
That's true, but I think people will always prefer the original. R2 is doing what season 1 did which is building up to the later episodes becoming epic. The problem was that fans didn't have patience and wanted the hype from 25 to continue on into the new season.
Which I honestly find silly, many times has the sequel been better than the original. On some level, though, I think that if the story continued from where it was at 25 directly it would have eventually burned out and hit a trough much like Season 1 did after Ep.9. Even TTGL got burned out after Ep.15 for a few episodes.

Quote:
My guess all along was that R2 wanted to be more violent and more pushing the limit sexually than it has been able to.
Based on rumors, we might just get that... as for the violence. Not much beats out FREIJA.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:20   Link #15666
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
It is just a rumor and he said "If." Not "is" so don't worry. It probably isn't the case. Some people just think Anya could be Lelouch's real sister or something like that. Which I still don't think makes much sense.
People are thinking that as well. The only theories I ever heard about Anya was the possibility of her being related to C.C. which I find pretty ubsurd, but being related to Lelouch!?! Come on now.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:25   Link #15667
leechbox
Kallen & Zero are my hero

Send a message via MSN to leechbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
People are thinking that as well. The only theories I ever heard about Anya was the possibility of her being related to C.C. which I find pretty ubsurd, but being related to Lelouch!?! Come on now.
yeah, and this late in the series... its just a pocket full of lies
Old 2008-08-19, 10:25   Link #15668
Sinn
Pwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/08...ot-as-planned/

It's an interesting outlook on Geass R2's 'changes' forced by circumstances in an interview with Taniguchi, translated by Celiss Galvea, and how things go NOT AS PLANNED in real life. (( Similar to how Kamen Rider ZX never got to be how it was envisioned as... until SPIRITS came out. ))

Omg I can't believe it. So the whole new R2 was bullshit then??? Fuck sunrise. Indeed.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:26   Link #15669
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Cue people acting melodramatic and quitting watching the series.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:27   Link #15670
Orga777

Quote:
Lovecraft is boring.
...That's it... Its on now! "Cthulhu Fhtagn!"
*Summoms a Shoggoth to eat Var*

Quote:
I'd have been fine with MSG4 had been a book, but its a game, not a book. I want to play games, not watch them play themselves.
Nonsense. MGS4 >>>>>> Var

Quote:
I'd say Code Geass is pretty damn detailed in comparison to your usual anime garbage that spews from the bowels of some ecchi producer's mind.
Which I am really, really thankful for. It is also why I am so obsessed with it.

Quote:
There have been, to my knowledge, only a few plot points that have been dropped and they, in and of themselves, could interest me about as much as a flaming bag of potpourri. Suffice to say, within the recent couple years, nothing has really beaten Code Geass in terms of detail and good characterization.
Well... they would interest me... But I agree overall with what you are saying here.
Quote:
And heck, the show isn't even over yet.
True.

Quote:
We got a part of Mao's back story. We never did figure out who he was, why he had potential, why he had such high potential, what happened to him that made him go wacko, what happened after, how C.C. treated him, and so on. There was a plethora of things on his character that could have been furthered.
I will give you that. But this is still a story following other characters of more importance. They need more development over Mao IMO. We really didn't need much more of Mao than what we got.

Quote:
No... you did not.
Name me one plot point that wasn't tied up in MGS4 then.

Quote:
Which I honestly find silly, many times has the sequel been better than the original. On some level, though, I think that if the story continued from where it was at 25 directly it would have eventually burned out and hit a trough much like Season 1 did after Ep.9.
Agreed. (we have been agreeing too much lately! The world must be coming to an end! )

Quote:
Based on rumors, we might just get that... as for the violence. Not much beats out FREIJA.
So true!
Old 2008-08-19, 10:27   Link #15671
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:

Which I honestly find silly, many times has the sequel been better than the original. On some level, though, I think that if the story continued from where it was at 25 directly it would have eventually burned out and hit a trough much like Season 1 did after Ep.9. Even TTGL got burned out after Ep.15 for a few episodes.
Agree on this completely, but its the way fans are. It's a fickle beast and will turn on you if you don't give it what it wants.

Quote:
There is a difference between people vanishing through an explosion and up close violence like Higurashi. As for the sexual part, I think that is where the excessive fan service may have come in.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:28   Link #15672
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Cue people acting melodramatic and quitting watching the series.
Seriously the most important thing is how it ties everything together in the finale, then you can past judgment on whether or not in was worth it, but you have to admit its been fun
Old 2008-08-19, 10:30   Link #15673
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
There is a difference between people vanishing through an explosion and up close violence like Higurashi. As for the sexual part, I think that is where the excessive fan service may have come in.
Higurashi-style violence, what with the cleavers slicing through heads and people being beaten to bloody lifeless pulps with baseball bats, has no real place in Code Geass, it's just not the kind of thing for the genre Geass is in.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:30   Link #15674
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
Omg I can't believe it. So the whole new R2 was bullshit then??? Fuck sunrise. Indeed.
Although I highly doubt this will happen, they should make an alternate story for Code Geass, the way it was originally intended. Kind of like how Neon Genesis has an alternate story to the original.

Either way Code Geass has still been an awesome series so people should just enjoy it.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:31   Link #15675
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I think the same way, Samurai- but of course there are those who are going to go, in essence, 'WTF SUNRISE?! OMG YOU FUCKED UP BYE BYE GEASS SUX'. Never mind what could have been, if people can just take what they're given...
Old 2008-08-19, 10:33   Link #15676
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
Seriously the most important thing is how it ties everything together in the finale, then you can past judgment on whether or not in was worth it, but you have to admit its been fun
Oh c'mon! Y'know that first we've gotta get to the final Turns. That means putting up with any crap they might throw at us over the next couple of weekends.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:33   Link #15677
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Higurashi-style violence, what with the cleavers slicing through heads and people being beaten to bloody lifeless pulps with baseball bats, has no real place in Code Geass, it's just not the kind of thing for the genre Geass is in.
No? Are you forgetting about Xinge? Decapitated a Eunuch in episode 4 then sliced up others later? Lelouch's die commands which had to take place off screen?

I'm not saying it would be to Higurashi's level, but to have to limit it is enough to take away from it.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:35   Link #15678
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Xing-ke's killing of Gao Hai was hardly bloody- we just saw him getting knifed, no claret or anything. The slicing up was more graphic, though, true.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:35   Link #15679
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
No? Are you forgetting about Xinge? Decapitated a Eunuch in episode 4 then sliced up others later? Lelouch's die commands which had to take place off screen?

I'm not saying it would be to Higurashi's level, but to have to limit it is enough to take away from it.
No, I'm saying Geass isn't supposed to be as graphic as Higurashi. It's bloody, but it's not really as graphic.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:37   Link #15680
Var
Banned

Quote:
...That's it... Its on now! "Cthulhu Fhtagn!"
*Summoms a Shoggoth to eat Var*
*Summons the Dark Tower and resets history, Orga was never born.* Or as I like to call it, my fuck you button.

Quote:
Nonsense. MGS4 >>>>>> Var
Portal >>>>>>>>>>>>x1000>>>>>>> MGS4.

Quote:
Which I am really, really thankful for. It is also why I am so obsessed with it.
Agreed.

Quote:
Well... they would interest me... But I agree overall with what you are saying here.
They may interest you, but they were hardly things to break or make the story. Suzaku had a lover... egads this is world breaking! Many of the plot points that were dropped could have led to something, certainly, but in and of themselves can be explained away much like Mao's backstory. This last bit was mostly in reference to Suzaku.

Quote:
I will give you that. But this is still a story following other characters of more importance. They need more development over Mao IMO. We really didn't need much more of Mao than what we got.
And I still found Mao more interesting than two seasons of C.C., call me crazy but that pitiable thing we remember was far more interesting to watch than a dominatrix that keeps everything hidden for no reason.

Quote:
Name me one plot point that wasn't tied up in MGS4 then.
Why I wasn't in it.

Quote:
So true!
Yup...

Quote:
Agree on this completely, but its the way fans are. It's a fickle beast and will turn on you if you don't give it what it wants.
A fan and a fanatic are very different animals. A fan is like us, being able to enjoy a show for what it is, a fanatic is one of those self-absorbed ass holes who think their way is the only way.

Quote:
Fair enough, though I think some of that may be remedied in the DVD releases, or I am almost certain it will.

As for the sexual part... well we'll see, I'd still get a kick out of the rampant 2ch rumors about it if they came out true.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories