Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-19, 10:37   Link #15681
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
I think the same way, Samurai- but of course there are those who are going to go, in essence, 'WTF SUNRISE?! OMG YOU FUCKED UP BYE BYE GEASS SUX'. Never mind what could have been, if people can just take what they're given...
You have to admit though that the first half of R2 is definitely inferior to these later EPs though. Maybe if Taniguchi had got his way we might have a second season that was consistently top quality rather than a sharp jump when we hit the secondhalf. We'll never know and it'll keep teasing us of what might have been.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:38   Link #15682
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, you know, that is what fanfiction is for. And in the wake of this (rather surprising) revelation, I'm sure many will take to rewriting R2 as they see fit.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:42   Link #15683
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
You have to admit though that the first half of R2 is definitely inferior to these later EPs though. Maybe if Taniguchi had got his way we might have a second season that was consistently top quality rather than a sharp jump when we hit the secondhalf. We'll never know and it'll keep teasing us of what might have been.
That's very true and for now we're kind of stuck to watch the story move at its own pace without any knowledge on what drives the characters to their resolution, only to see Lelouch gets what he wants in the end while everyone else either follows him or run around shooting off their KMFs like idiots waiting to be killed, "sigh", oh well let's not dread on what could of been but what's going to be.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:43   Link #15684
leechbox
Kallen & Zero are my hero

Send a message via MSN to leechbox
So can i ask you all why your mad at sunrise or some company that owns code geass? And i herd you guys say that R2 has no purpose... is that even ture? If so does this mean another season? And wtf you all mad at the company for no reason... why???/?
Old 2008-08-19, 10:45   Link #15685
Dream_Traveller
Banned

People are pissy because Taniguchi had a case of 'Not as planned' because of pissy execs, a timespot which apparently turned out to be a curse, and Goro's disappointment (I think) at R1's ending. The timeslot apparently forced him to scrap what plans he had for R2 and make new ones, which is why people are angered because of the whole 'what could have been' scenario.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:45   Link #15686
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
That's very true and for now we're kind of stuck to watch the story move at its own pace without any knowledge on what drives the characters to their resolution, only to see Lelouch gets what he wants in the end while everyone else either follows him or run around shooting off their KMFs like idiots waiting to be killed, "sigh", oh well let's not dread on what could of been but what's going to be.
The story would have always been moving at its own pace, so that comment makes utterly no sense. And if anything, we know exactly what drives characters forward, even if they wasted developing the plot, CG has never wasted time characterizing its characters and developing them towards a certain end.

And its utterly impossible for Lelouch to get what he wants because he's basically lost everything. Suzaku also has his own path, and Britannia and Schneizel theirs.

Quote:
I find that impossible to believe or envision. Where S1 left off would have been impossible for S2 to continue indefinitely. The biggest change you'd have noticed would have been episodes like 5 and 12 appearing later in time than when they did.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:51   Link #15687
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
I take it differently and say the way it has been done is the way it is supposed to be. I enjoy the increase in tension/excitement as the series goes along compared to if they tried to over the top amaze us every episode, which like Var said would get boring after awhile.

Now all the characters have become wild cards, and I love it. The only person whose plan we know seems to be Charles planning some Armageddon event. We know Lelouch wants to kill his father but we've know that all along.

The Black Knight's plans are screwed up now that they failed to get Lelouch dead or alive, and they are leaderless.

Name any character that's alive and it's impossible to say how their story will turn out except Charles who should be dead and buried before the end of the season.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:52   Link #15688
Sinn
Pwnage

Well I do enjoy the current R2, but the real storyline might be better and perhaps less deaths. Perhaps one day we have a remake of R2
Old 2008-08-19, 10:52   Link #15689
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The story would have always been moving at its own pace, so that comment makes utterly no sense. And if anything, we know exactly what drives characters forward, even if they wasted developing the plot, CG has never wasted time characterizing its characters and developing them towards a certain end.

And its utterly impossible for Lelouch to get what he wants because he's basically lost everything. Suzaku also has his own path, and Britannia and Schneizel theirs.

I love the increase in drama that the second season brings, but I think Sunrise just tried to pack too much content into the second season. Situations aren't written out as well as the could've been. The first season had the opposite problem: not enough plot to fill out the entire series.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:53   Link #15690
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Portal >>>>>>>>>>>>x1000>>>>>>> MGS4.
Portal is good too...<.<

Quote:
They may interest you, but they were hardly things to break or make the story. Suzaku had a lover... egads this is world breaking! Many of the plot points that were dropped could have led to something, certainly, but in and of themselves can be explained away much like Mao's backstory. This last bit was mostly in reference to Suzaku.
Meh. Point taken. But this season it is "All Lelouch, all the time." The other characters seem to have taken a back seat so development slowed somewhat. Which is annyoing since he isn't the only important character in the series.

Quote:
And I still found Mao more interesting than two seasons of C.C., call me crazy but that pitiable thing we remember was far more interesting to watch than a dominatrix that keeps everything hidden for no reason.
Ehh.... I think we will have to agree to disagree here.

Quote:
Why I wasn't in it.
Because they don't like you. See? It was explained.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:56   Link #15691
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
Well I do enjoy the current R2, but the real storyline might be better and perhaps less deaths. Perhaps one day we have a remake of R2
Changing time slot from midnight to 5pm resulting in lesser deaths? Certainly, there would be less death in original scenario.
Old 2008-08-19, 10:59   Link #15692
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

I think everyone (other than Sunrise fangirls) has known the whole time that R2 is a bit of trainwreck compared to R1. This development simply gives us something to blame for it other than Taniguchi. I can't say I'm completely surprised. The difference between R1, the inconsistencies, the massive shameless fanservice, the contrivances, and the complete disregard for major developments in R1 are undeniable.
Old 2008-08-19, 11:02   Link #15693
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Actually, I think Lelouch might find a way to defeat Charles, if not next Turn, by Turn 21 for sure. When Lelouch sets his mind and resources against a certain individual, that individual gets a death flag or something similar (except for Suzaku of course):

Lelouch immediately took out Clovis
It admittedly took him a while to get to Cornelia
It took two episodes to take down Mao once Lelouch finally got serious
Lelouch never really intended to destroy Li even though for a time they were opponents
Calares was dead within hours of Zero remembering his past
Lelouch took two to three turns to placate Rolo, and immediately blackmailed Viletta
Orange-kun turncoats immediately after confronting Lelouch as an assassin
And of course, VV dies when Lelouch finally gets serious about going after his ass

So bets are good that Lelouch is serious about killing Charles this time, and he'll find a way to succeed relatively soon.
Old 2008-08-19, 11:05   Link #15694
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post

I love the increase in drama that the second season brings, but I think Sunrise just tried to pack too much content into the second season. Situations aren't written out as well as the could've been. The first season had the opposite problem: not enough plot to fill out the entire series.
As I said, neither season is perfect but people seem to raise S1 onto some retarded pedestal just because it came first. Both seasons have short comings, S2's seems to be that Taniguchi is trying to get past the bullshit and to the original plot. Once we passed Ep.12 in S2 most of the outside noise dropped significantly and has been over the episodes. We're finally back to the characters that matter: Suzaku, Lelouch, Schneizel, and Charles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Portal is good too...<.<
Portal is better.

Quote:
Meh. Point taken. But this season it is "All Lelouch, all the time." The other characters seem to have taken a back seat so development slowed somewhat. Which is annyoing since he isn't the only important character in the series.
Fair enough, but I attribute that more to there being more needless characters than before, which comes from the entire idea of trying to sift through the shit and get back to the original story. Which is finally happening. The focus has, also, finally started to shift around again. And, as I said before, there were a few episodes that focused on other characters and not just Lelouch.

Quote:
Because they don't like you. See? It was explained.
Pfft. Poor reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I think everyone (other than Sunrise fangirls) has known the whole time that R2 is a bit of trainwreck compared to R1. This development simply gives us something to blame for it other than Taniguchi. I can't say I'm completely surprised. The difference between R1, the inconsistencies, the massive shameless fanservice, the contrivances, and the complete disregard for major developments in R1 are undeniable.
S2 had more fan service than S1? What?

Also, care to list these major plot developments in R1? I'm curious.
Old 2008-08-19, 11:12   Link #15695
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
Actually, I think Lelouch might find a way to defeat Charles, if not next Turn, by Turn 21 for sure. When Lelouch sets his mind and resources against a certain individual, that individual gets a death flag or something similar (except for Suzaku of course):

Lelouch immediately took out Clovis
It admittedly took him a while to get to Cornelia
It took two episodes to take down Mao once Lelouch finally got serious
Lelouch never really intended to destroy Li even though for a time they were opponents
Calares was dead within hours of Zero remembering his past
Lelouch took two to three turns to placate Rolo, and immediately blackmailed Viletta
Orange-kun turncoats immediately after confronting Lelouch as an assassin
And of course, VV dies when Lelouch finally gets serious about going after his ass

So bets are good that Lelouch is serious about killing Charles this time, and he'll find a way to succeed relatively soon.

Yeah one problem though.........LACK OFF F**KING RESOURCES!!!!

He only has geass & the Shinkirou (with low power on the energy filler)

Man I gotta see what he's gonna pull out from under his ass to defeat Chuckles
Old 2008-08-19, 11:14   Link #15696
Orga777

Quote:
As I said, neither season is perfect but people seem to raise S1 onto some retarded pedestal just because it came first. Both seasons have short comings, S2's seems to be that Taniguchi is trying to get past the bullshit and to the original plot. Once we passed Ep.12 in S2 most of the outside noise dropped significantly and has been over the episodes. We're finally back to the characters that matter: Suzaku, Lelouch, Schneizel, and Charles.
Which is kinda odd. Schneizel was mostly in the background in S1... And yet we all knew he was important back then too.

Quote:
Portal is better.
Ehh... Not in my opinion... But damn the are close.
Quote:
Fair enough, but I attribute that more to there being more needless characters than before, which comes from the entire idea of trying to sift through the shit and get back to the original story. Which is finally happening. The focus has, also, finally started to shift around again. And, as I said before, there were a few episodes that focused on other characters and not just Lelouch.
I guess that is why they are "culling the herd" as they say...
Old 2008-08-19, 11:14   Link #15697
Ansa

Honestly I really don't get why everyone's so disappointed with the info from the interview and how now everyone's ragging on R2's first half, yeah it hasn't been good as the second half but so what? It's still one of the most interesting and impressive animes I've ever seen, and frankly if the quality of the show continues like these last two episodes it'll easily make it into my top 5.j

Would I like to see what was originally planned? Sure, but I would have also liked to see Gundam SEED end the way it originally was going to with Kira dead and Athrun losing two limbs it didn't happen but it was still a damn fine show.

Here is my question to all of those who are disappointed... Have you enjoyed the show? If yes then really just continue to watch we've still got 1/4 of the season left and a living shitload of things could happen. If no then why are you even discussing it anymore anyway just stop watching and go find something better to watch... oh wait CG is still one of the best animes ever made so that might be a little hard!
Old 2008-08-19, 11:16   Link #15698
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
Honestly I really don't get why everyone's so disappointed with the info from the interview and how now everyone's ragging on R2's first half, yeah it hasn't been good as the second half but so what? It's still one of the most interesting and impressive animes I've ever seen, and frankly if the quality of the show continues like these last two episodes it'll easily make it into my top 5.j

Would I like to see what was originally planned? Sure, but I would have also liked to see Gundam SEED end the way it originally was going to with Kira dead and Athrun losing two limbs it didn't happen but it was still a damn fine show.

Here is my question to all of those who are disappointed... Have you enjoyed the show? If yes then really just continue to watch we've still got 1/4 of the season left and a living shitload of things could happen. If no then why are you even discussing it anymore anyway just stop watching and go find something better to watch... oh wait CG is still one of the best animes ever made so that might be a little hard!
Well, I am not sure about everyone else, but I am only annoyed about a few things being dropped. If people end up hating the show though, then they were never real fans then. I still think Code Geass is in the Top Five Animes ever IMO...
Old 2008-08-19, 11:16   Link #15699
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
Here is my question to all of those who are disappointed... Have you enjoyed the show?
To be quite honest, I thought the staff writers were on a roll until after Turn 12, at which point they just started beating up on the main character with no end for the poor shmuck in sight...that was quite depressing.
Old 2008-08-19, 11:17   Link #15700
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
Yeah one problem though.........LACK OFF F**KING RESOURCES!!!!

He only has geass & the Shinkirou (with low power on the energy filler)

Man I gotta see what he's gonna pull out from under his ass to defeat Chuckles
Everybody knows, Penguins

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories