AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-03-15, 23:44   Link #621
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
It depends, unlike Signum, Samus has always been a badass normal woman with good skills and cool gadgets, so it's more or less understandable she have a hard time while stripped of those gadgets or facing challenges too big for her mortal being to stand up against. It must require something really lame or humilliating happening to Samus to make me lose my respect for her xD(like being defeated by normal guys or something).

...with less power comes less responsibility xD!
... yeah, do us all a favor and never, ever touch this game. Just trust us on it. Don't. You'll thank us for it later.
Old 2012-03-15, 23:48   Link #622
Justin_Brett

Quote:
(I'm still the only one who likes Other M, it would seem)

There's other ways to crossover Metroid and Nanoha. I know there's at least one written work where Erio encountered a Metroid, though I don't have a link for it.
Well, there are things in it I've seen people like. Not the whole thing, though, I'll grant you.

And yeah, there are tons of other ways: somebody gets a hold of some monster from Metroid and tries screwing around with the DNA, the Space Pirates pulling something with other criminals in the Nanoha universe, what have you.

Quote:
It must require something really lame or humilliating to make me lose my respect for her xD(like being defeated by normal guys or something).
That...kinda happens, actually.

And I dunno if Samus really qualifies as a badass normal, she's sort of genetically augmented.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 23:52   Link #623
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
And I dunno if Samus really qualifies as a badass normal, she's sort of genetically augmented.
That isn't suppossed to happen until Metroid Fusion where she gets this sort of symbiotic suit xD?

I don't know but i remeber reading somewhere Samus gain some sort of empathy with the Materoids after that isn't o.o? Tha could play a good role in the case if Nanoha and Co. are facing Metroids xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 23:55   Link #624
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Samus has been genetically augmented since before the first Metroid game.
Old 2012-03-16, 00:10   Link #625
Justin_Brett

Yeah, from the Chozo to let her use the power suit. It was Fusion where it really got out of hand, though.
Old 2012-03-16, 00:27   Link #626
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Yeah, from the Chozo to let her use the power suit. It was Fusion where it really got out of hand, though.
Actually, it wasn't to let her use the Power Suit, it was to make her more able to survive the harsher environment of Zebes. From what I understand, it's what gives her her excellent stamina.
Old 2012-03-16, 18:14   Link #627
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
(I'm still the only one who likes Other M, it would seem)

There's other ways to crossover Metroid and Nanoha. I know there's at least one written work where Erio encountered a Metroid, though I don't have a link for it.
That became a multi-crossover, where Erio found the Metroid. It loves to snack on him... Then he sends it after his enemies. XD

As for the Chozo DNA, that was just to let her survive on Zebes. She was pretty much trained from that point on to be a superb warrior. Her final graduation present was getting the power suit, which could be upgraded several ways, since the Chozo knew that what they gave her probably wouldn't be enough to deal with the harsher realities out there.

As for the "bag of spilling", the only game that really has no excuse about it is Super Metroid, as it happened JUST after Return of Samus (Metroid 2). At the very least, Samus should have had the Spider Ball.

Metroid Prime 2, she gave up most of her power-ups, as they were Luminoth technology. Metroid Prime 3, she didn't lose anything she started with.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 10:03   Link #628
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Just watched episode 11 of Symphogear... Maaaaan, if it isn't created for crossovers with Nanoha I don't know what is... Even leaving all girl-gundam scenes aside...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 10:05   Link #629
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Just watched episode 11 of Symphogear... Maaaaan, if it isn't created for crossovers with Nanoha I don't know what is... Even leaving all girl-gundam scenes aside...
I really should've played that drinking game that I did with Dog Days... Spot a Nanoha ref? CHUG A BEER.

I'd be about half as drunk by now.
Old 2012-03-19, 10:08   Link #630
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
*al103 just wants his Fine vs Signum*

OK, I want much more than that, but...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 10:10   Link #631
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yukine Kurisu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Arnage kthxbai XD

I'd do a short, but I'm too busy juggling space pirates, girls in (little) powered armor, and of course the Nanoha reboot where magical knights were masquerading as super robots.
Old 2012-03-19, 12:43   Link #632
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
*al103 just wants his Fine vs Signum*
Heh, nice but Fine is a bit too unfair, she's almost invulnerable and have two whips. I guess Signum can balance things somewhat by being flight-capable.

....a more even(and flashy) fight will be Signum VS. Tsubasa xD!

I guess the TSAB will be really interested in the Symphogears since they're essentialy Lost Logias. At the same time the organization in charge of Tsubasa and Hibiki will get really surprised by the alien intergalactic paramilitary force xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-19, 13:59   Link #633
Justin_Brett

She's invulnerable to everything but just punching her in the face. It's why she wanted to control Hibiki.
Old 2012-03-20, 06:03   Link #634
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Fine: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL!
Commander Takamachi: No!

Old 2012-03-26, 21:30   Link #635
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It just came to my mind...

Nanoha VS. Iron-Man

I was about to say Section Six VS. The Avengers but Thor and Hulk alone can curbstomp the Nanoha Franchise xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-28, 01:55   Link #636
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I think vivio can beat hulk, but thor can send you back through time so eh yeah there's that

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 02:11   Link #637
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

If you're refering to Sankt Kaiser Vivio then maybe. ViVid's Vivio don't stand a chance against the Incredible Hulk(nor any other ViVid exclusive character for that matter xDU). Probably Nanoha's bigger guns are the only thing in Section Six capable of stand a chance against him.

The Avengers are a very unbalanced Team but i think Iron Man is the closest to Section Six's regular power level and a good match for Nanoha. Thor could have a very interesting match with Vita if he goes good sports and don't abuse his godly strenght(he usually holds back until he's facing demi-gods or that kind of stuff). I can see an interesting duel of witts and smarts between Hawkeye and Teana.

Fate could fight against Vision or Ant-Man while Signum could fight against The Wasp in acontest of flying speed and prescicion xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-28, 02:16   Link #638
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
No, vivo would win. How can Banner be angry at her?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjmN_GdVt4w

related

Loki + any avenger would win. he'd set them up afterall

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2012-03-28 at 02:34.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 03:33   Link #639
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If the Hulk hits her and she cries...either he'll deHulk from the cuteness/sadness he caused....or he will face something pink and shiny....at the end of Nanoha's Rage.

Can a galaxy be considered "collateral damage'?
Old 2012-03-28, 04:19   Link #640
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If the Hulk hits her and she cries...either he'll deHulk from the cuteness/sadness he caused....or he will face something pink and shiny....at the end of Nanoha's Rage.

Can a galaxy be considered "collateral damage'?
I've seen The Hulk smashing cute things left and right numerous times, as long as Vivio proves to be dangerous our green buddy won't hesitate to smack her around. About the pink beam of doom, better Nanoha manage to knock out him or she'll be facing a gamma rage that can tear gods appart xD!

"The angrier the Hulk becomes, the stronger he gets" ...and boy a Starlight Breaker will surely make him angry xD (If "World War Hulk" is any indication he can potentially solo the entire Mid-Childan forces all by himself if he gets angry enough, after all he kicked the collective butts of all the Earth's Marvel Heroes and a good bunch of villains)

...but yeah, for competitive balance purpouses i think we should better talk to his Avengers-era incarnation just like Thor xD!

Erio VS. Black Phanter xD!(another battle of speed and witts xD)

Caro VS. Scarlet Witch (i guess Caro's summons can balance things against SW's basic Reality Warping powers).

Subaru VS. Captain America (two very heroic and righteous characters. Plus the intense battle of Subaru's unstoppable force against Cap's Inamovable Object ....Vibration Shatter VS. Vibranium Shield). One could think Subaru instantly have great advantage over Cap due to her vast veriety of powers and equipement added to the fact she's a cyborg ...and it's true, there's a huge gap between the mighty Silver Ace and a mere Supersoldier. But after seeing Cap taking down the entire Avengers team all by himself(which includes a very powerfull cyber-armor, a gamma mutant and a freaking GOD) just with smarts and good military moves i can now see him as the Ultimate Badass Normal, he'll be on the ropes at first but i can bet he'll quickly find a way to fight evenly against the blue-haired Striker.

Lol, actually i really want to see that last fight xD Su-chan VS. Cap could be awesome xD!

~The ASFB~