AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-28, 02:46   Link #9521
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yes, I'm old, I'm graduating next year, saddled with a half-million worth of debt, and am currently terrible at my craft unless I do something non-surgical (which is what I'm really leaning towards atm.)

I feel damn old, alright. Not even after abandoning overthought settings and fears of "that isn't feasible/canon/believable" for just trying to even get ONE story done can make me feel any younger.
Old 2013-03-29, 12:17   Link #9522
agetreme
Just another Idiot

This thread rose from the dead?!

*Age looked at the fics in his hand that is needed to be written and his new ideas which he haven't posted*

(Currently working on To-aru fic)

Well.... going to take a while before I start typing this.

The Big Bad Boss is an Ancient God who was sealed away many years ago but threatened to revive in the Modern Era because of Tomb thieves who stolen the Magic artifacts which seal the Wicked God.

Magical Familiars created in the past, awaken to seek out mages powerful enough to prevent the awaking of the God.

> Story take place in modern day Midchilda.
>The main heroine is a girl who can't use magic but gain the ability to use magic through a contract with a familiar.
> There is little to no Military stuff in it because it is focused more on Magical Girl (out of sheer irony, IN a magical city full of mages).
> Their mission is to seal away all the Ancient Artifacts.
> Magical girls doesn't learn magic like normal mages, they install it like programs.
> Their magic are referred as codes and level up the more they use it.
> The girls can install Programs (package of Codes) into them (think of it as Class change).

Simple plot and story. No mind-screw part.
Old 2013-03-30, 10:09   Link #9523
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Okay fine, I'll throw you guys a bone:

Spoiler for MagiCall! Mahou Shoujo Decade Carrera:

More info as it develops over time.
Old 2013-04-08, 05:53   Link #9524
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

And I went back to the uniform drawing board! >_>

After a discussion about uniforms of the TSAB long ago I once changed Rinya's uniform from blue to white.

Spoiler for Rinya in White:
This one was seen on Nanoha, Vita and Tiida Lanstar. As all 3 characters were confirmed mages of the AAS, so we thought this might be the uniform of the Air Force.
Thanks what we know today, we now know that all 3 characters were also Instructors of some kind. So of course they would wear the white Tactical Instructor uniform. Rinya should not wear it as she is an AAS officer.

Possible Solution: Make Rinya a Tactical Instructor of the Training Corps like Vita and Tiida.

Here we have Rinya in her old blue uniform.
Spoiler for It'sa me, blue! err.. okay >_>:
It's the most common unifom seen in the Nanoha franchise. Bringing up the question if it's just a Navy uniform or if it was possible that AAS also had this kind of uniform.
Signum, who (like Vita) is a confirmed AAS mage is wearing one of these in Force, of course it could also mean that SS6 is part of the Navy, like RS6 was part of the GAS.

Lastly I got this one:
Spoiler for What color is this!? ôo:
Yes, it's red! xD

I got the inspiration for this one from Vita wearing her red Capital Air Force thing.
As it was said Vita never was in uniform but only in protective clothing, I took the liberty to apply the colors to a standart TSAB non GAS uniform.

Problem: We never saw one of those... this here is 100% original work.

And then there are Touma, Lily and Isis in Force...

I didn't really thought much about this at first, to be honest.
At first glance, we had Erio in a typical blue Fleet uniform and our three newcomer in brown GAS uniforms.
But then I realised... all three have white seams on thier sleeves and white belts. Also collar and buttons of the uniform jackets are more like the blue Fleet jackets.
And we should not forget, no a single male uniform ever in Nanoha before had a belt on it's jacket.

So here we have a type of uniform we never had before, of not confirmed color (thank you, black & white manga panels!).

Okay I don't want to get my hopes up here... but maybe I am on to something.

Well, of course, someone could go to Japan, grab Okuda Yasuhiro on the collar and shake him until he gives us all the designs we like to know about...
Old 2013-04-08, 10:08   Link #9525
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

In full-color, I take it?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 11:55   Link #9526
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

But of course, I insist!
Old 2013-04-10, 09:19   Link #9527
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Go, SILVER RETRIEVER, SET!!
Old 2013-04-10, 09:32   Link #9528
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

You know? It's really good I revisited that place. Just seeing you guys post around makes me do stuff like this again:
Spoiler for Elric Thorn - 2013 (big pictures are big):
Man, I can't believe this character is nearly 6 years ago.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:40   Link #9529
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I can't believe that there are NINE distinct variations of Kha ever since I got involved with this thread.

Add one more original one and we'd have Journey through the DeKhade. >.>

Thank the Kaiser that he's finally been put out to pasture.
Old 2013-04-10, 10:31   Link #9530
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I can't believe that there are NINE distinct variations of Kha ever since I got involved with this thread.

Really, he has?

I don't remember that ever happening. Or it might just be your habit of leaving everything open-ended until the next wave of madness washes onto you
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 04:10   Link #9531
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:

Wut? I thought you are just preparing for the most epic crossover of all times!

With the damsel in distress cornered by the Alliance of Evil, in her desperateness, she screams one final legendary name...
And then all the windows, walls and the goldfish bowl burst open in a brilliant shower of debris. And there they jump through... all the Kha's of the Multiverse!
Kicking butts and taking names.
Old 2013-04-11, 07:27   Link #9532
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:

I don't think we saw a Vivid-version/Innocence of Kha (shota-Kha?)......

=
Quote:

With the damsel in distress cornered by the Alliance of Evil, in her desperateness, she screams one final legendary name...
And then all the windows, walls and the goldfish bowl burst open in a brilliant shower of debris. And there they jump through... all the Kha's of the Multiverse!
All the Khas are actually the clones of the real Kha. (which explain how he manage to come back to life even when killed)

The real Kha is actually a millennium old mage who existed in the Belkan Era.

In the ancient Belkan era, there once exist a blood-thirsty tribe who kill humans as part of their game but a might warrior rise and fought them for the sake of humanity.

After defeating the blood-thirsty tribe, he begin to realize that he does not have enough power to stop the endless war. In order to stop the war, he need to evolve into a higher being, so he created clones, each specialized in certain type of magic for him to absorb their power and knowledge to evolve.

Unfortunately, the clones suddenly gain self-awareness, they wanted to be the real Kha so they begin a battle, trying to absorb each other to become the one and only Kha.

One Kha managed to discover that by infecting other human beings, he can create new beings so he start infecting other mages to create his own personal army against other Khas.

Horrified by the action of Zombie-Kha, 4 Kha decide to grouped fight the Zombie-Horde only much to their horror, the Zombie can not be killed so they choose to seal them instead. They even make it into a game where the Victor who sealed the most Zombies get to absorb othe Khas.

One of the Kha realize since they are all technically the same person, their power level is about the same, the only way to break this limit and become stronger is to become Un-kha-like so he start learning music music from a demon-teacher.

One Kha learn the power of Time magic and start "Pwning them all".

Until One Kha travel back to the past and with the help of 4 demons, he managed prevented the the Time-Magic Kha from existing hence protected other Khas.

Eventually, the real Kha was defeated. One Kha managed to learn about his heritage from the Real Kha and decided to take up his mantle and stop this Kha madness once and for all.

He travelled to various worlds and slaughter the 8 above mentioned before him and become the king of Kha.

Two Khas rebelled against the King of Khas by combining into One being.

Meanwhile, a greedy Kha decide that he wanted to be more than just a king, he wanted to absorb the King Kha and become god. So he created 7 monsters but unfortunately he lose control over them whom eventually kill off some of the remaining Kha

As the result of the attack, one Kha lose his memory and went back to school.

Finally, refusing to giving into despair, one Kha gain hope and become his own individual, not as a Kha but as a Magician.

And it was the final Kha who become the template for the 9 Khas.

=

It's either that or Kha has multiple personality disorder caused by Time-traveling Kha demons. When a Kha demon possess him, he gain new ability and power!

Yea, I am a little crazier than Kha.
Old 2013-04-11, 08:46   Link #9533
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Really, he has?

I don't remember that ever happening. Or it might just be your habit of leaving everything open-ended until the next wave of madness washes onto you
Indeed there are. And to think 7 of them were made during the first 4 years, while the last 3 were essentially attempts to redeem myself.

In the end, I got so sick I swore never to write Nanoha OCs again. I then moved on to Strike Witches, Hidan no Aria, a scattering of others, 40K Tau, Moretsu Pirates (which actually got published to FF.net) and currently I’m heavily into Star Trek Online.

Then last year, I was doing Google docs cleaning when I decided to sort them out once and for all.

And then, I found myself staring at 9 profiles completed to 50-90%.

Needless to say... I was quite humbled. So I decided to just put them into 10 google docs and slowly finish them, even if they were terrible and would remain sealed forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post

Har har har very funny.

Decade was a hell of a Sue. I'd fear the monstrosity that would spawn if I actually made a DeKhade!!

Anyway, for your curiosity, here’s a short list of who they are, each timeline named after the series Kha appears in:

1. AlternateS – The first one Kha der Kleriker was an innocent character created for SaintX when he was asking for submissions of characters to his compilation fanfic Nanoha AlternateS. No cheese, thick on mecha armor, and barely a couple of pages long.

2. OCT debut – The ridiculous 10 page debut of Kha der Kleriker in OCT was after some serious plotting and extrapolation of SaintX’s incarnation into the modern StrikerS era. During the course of his writing, the idea of Precia’s husband’s role and how Alicia died became central to his backstory. However, we later learn of so many errors with that bad translation that this tore a hole in his background. So I went back and revised it. Which back then meant taking the original work and turning every crazy idea to the eleven...

Interestingly, this became my LAST version of Kha, as I later took this document in 2012 and completely did away with the whole history, leaving just the powers and armor. Kha was a happy boy born into a warrior family, became a knight errant to a clergyman named Book, and meets the Aces during a few missions as teenagers, dated Fate and maintains a simple long distance relationship. Simple, slice of life stuff. The PSP timeline has him ending up with the Star Destroyer Stern instead. It was then I discovered Star Trek Literary Challenges, and have never looked back since. From dusk to dawn, from ashes to ashes, the crack of der Kleriker would begin and end with the same Kha.

3. Codex Daemonjaeger – Now at 44 FULLY ILLUSTRATED PAGES, 10 PAGES OF POWERS, 5 PAGES OF DEVICES, ENOUGH BACKSTORY TO FILL A BIBLE, AND DAMN THE CODEX WAS WRITTEN AS ONE, the ultimate sue of the Bluecheesium arms race was born! Born out of wedlock to a nun and a washed out Enforcer? Check. Raised by the nun into a self-sacrificing cleric? Check. Turns into some sort of Messiah? Check. His justice is nigh unstoppable? Triple Check. BITCHSLAPS GARCIA FOR PULLING HER STRIKERS STUNT?! Hell yeah. Man, there’s so much wrong with this character at the start and worse at how he eventually turned out that it started my downward spiral. It was around this time I failed a year, started an open war with Goose and Kagerou and the rest of the miltakus, and the setting up of rules and castling. Terrible terrible times. Trying to branch into timelines and canon pairings made it a hell lot worse. But it was around this time when I introduced the Make Your Own Kha lols which I think forever scarred Spacebro and Shebs...

4. Fate’s Twist – Carrying on from the multiple timelines angle, this Kha came from the question, “what if Kha was taken by Jail when he was born?” since Kia, Touareg and Jail all have a role in his young life as seen in Codex Daemonjaeger. It coincided with Satashi’s bold idea to kill off Nanoha and let Yuuno and Fate have make-up sex. The idea turned out pretty awesome: Kha was now a true cyborg and not a boy cosplaying as one; he had a friggin 3-round THERMONUCLEAR RAILGUN (:lol; was actually Serial Number Zero; could transform into a sublight fighter and back; Subaru and him had the same Advanced Inner Frame, was the skills database of all the Numbers that came after him; and had enough power to fight the Aces to a stalemate. Which again, pretty GODDAMN SUE. Even if all the Numbers get killed off by Satashi, leaving Jail and Kha on a lonely crusade through Ordered Space. Eventually, Satashi disappeared, and this timeline died with her, never to be concluded. I like this Kha not for the craziness, but for the amount of drama potential I had with him. It was the first time, that the character carried his own weight by performance and not technical spreadsheets. Still, Sheba hates this one to death for actually managing to sleep with Hayate in the epilogue. Hohum.

5. Fate Another Knight – This unfortunately titled FAK timeline comes from the question, “What if Kha was given to Touareg instead?” The end result was effectively, a clone of Fate Stay Night, as Kha summons the old Saint King Olivie as his familiar. It was also called Unlimited Bluecheesium Works because Kha ends up with Sophia/Anita. Nothing much else to say here except “hey this guy has got no magic! Is he a sue still?” Apparently, the answer was yes. In fact, it was around here I learned that no matter what I wrote, no one was going to read, comment or even see it. It would be panned, dismissed and exiled forever. So I left the OCT, only returning to hurl spite at everyone else.

6. 6th Division – Satashi’s long-running series started a search for a desk clerk. In comes Kha again. Like FAK, Kha has no magic save the ability to build, overcharge and shoot devices drawn from a deck and mounted on a bow. He gains a superbike that has a sidecar and the bike can fly. Again, ran for a few chapters, got paired with Keroko (Satashi was the first to propose a Kha x Keroko ship after all) and later simply ended abruptly when Satashi vanished.

7. Magical Soldier Bhalkad -- Karlheim Shovon Touareg, Belka Meister, Celestial Being. The flames in OCT were dying down when Gundam 00 came to air. That led to a small revival in terms of myself, for I saw this question, “What if Kha has a bigger, sneakier sponsor during his vigilante days?” In came the Karlheim timeline, which notably had Tiida Lanster as Tieria Erde. This was just simply an exercise in epeen, trying to skirt the regulation that such a powerful mage shouldn’t exist outside canon. Apart from a whole string of disjointed fights crossed with Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann, this was a recipe for epic disaster. Almost single-handed killed the thread.

8. In Loving Memory – With the OCT on the way to the morgue, I was left alone to my devices. Wandering the endless wastes of Chaos, I made one more attempt at rebuilding Kha into an original character in his own right. I abandoned his past entirely, and came up with a new one: boy soldier, recruited into the Brotherhood of Cain, captured by Celestial Being, Lonely Island Syndromes with Fate, is captured by Fate, fights for the Bureau, fights for the Saint Church, then attempts at living normally on Earth. During StrikerS, he revives Celestial Being, goes on a crusade, clashes with Riot 6, finds Stella and the Ou-Raiser, hunts Jail, then goes off into the Clone Wars where the Bureau is shattered by Jail’s attack and has to use the armies of cyborgs recovered from raiding Jail’s manufactorums to fight a war it has no resources to fight. This has a sub-timeline that would become BetrayerS. It is implied that Kha in this timeline dies some time thereafter, as Fate recounts all of this in a series of flashbacks and monologues during some downtime.

9. The Grey Knight – This is the ONLY Kha not created by me. Instead, it is by Shouryuu, and has all the hallmarks of a joke character: never gets anything right, has a thick layer of dust, and features an all-new power design mechanic. Also features the Esclarent, a device that would become the inspiration for all the ships my main characters would fly/drive/sail long after Nanoha passed on. This version was recently revived by Fate Zero’s return to air, but again Shouryuu disappeared not long after. The OCT went back to its state of cold death again.

So... the DeKhade? The one who can transform into any of the 9 Khas, and himself?

Who the hell is that crazy? Oh wait, there was that Archer familiar from another timeline in Codex Daemonjaeger...

"What are you?"

"Just a passing-through original character, remember that!"

Old 2013-04-11, 08:58   Link #9534
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
I don't think we saw a Vivid-version/Innocence of Kha (shota-Kha?)......
That was when I moved on from Nanoha, then came back. These stories belong to the new era, one that has none of my past failures.

Magical Lyrical Vivid – Stella Takamachi and Vivio Takamachi may seem like ordinary magical girls living on a magitechnological society. But when a case comes knocking, Stella goes Detective, dragging Vivio along for a wild ride. Battling addicts to a new street drug made from Relics, Stella and Vivio call upon the Saint King’s battle program and unite to form Vivid, the ultimate modern Magic Knight!

Magical Lyrical Innocence – Cayenne Porche loved cards, but he kept changing games and drifting because none would hold his attention for long. But when Hel of the Saint Church card team “House of Loki” recruits him, Cayenne soon finds his hands full. There's much more to kingly duties for the new Hero of the North!

Cayenne Porche is my new flagship character for Nanoha, both the Prime universe and the Innocent universe. Too bad I didn’t even finish a profile for him. Everything goes straight to FF thread.

Quote:
long list of useless fucking bullshit.

Yea, I am a little crazier than Kha.
At the very least, OBEY THE THREAD RULES.

This belongs to the joke thread, not here.

But really, for the best, just let the zombie lie. The thread is dead. The past is gone. This monstrosity is no more. Its time we move on.

Until I publish Cayenne's profile, I'm not having any active OCs in this thread outside of the DeKhade parody.
Old 2013-04-11, 10:44   Link #9535
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
But really, for the best, just let the zombie lie. The thread is dead. The past is gone. This monstrosity is no more. Its time we move on.
Come on, it's one of the few places I can put my OC artworks, don't kill it after I finally sat down and drew someting again!
Old 2013-04-11, 11:15   Link #9536
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm with Kyral. A thread's only useless when nobody's posting.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 11:30   Link #9537
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And I still post whenever I get MercenarieS updated, so too bad, we're keeping it alive. :V
Old 2013-04-11, 12:15   Link #9538
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Kha, stop throwing rocks in the glass house.

Thanks.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 14:25   Link #9539
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
At the very least, OBEY THE THREAD RULES.

This belongs to the joke thread, not here.
Can't, that is not a Nanoha joke and doesn't belong there.

=

I will probably put up a more detailed version of the Magical Girl concept much later if I got time.
Old 2013-04-12, 09:28   Link #9540
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Come on, it's one of the few places I can put my OC artworks, don't kill it after I finally sat down and drew someting again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm with Kyral. A thread's only useless when nobody's posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And I still post whenever I get MercenarieS updated, so too bad, we're keeping it alive. :V
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Kha, stop throwing rocks in the glass house.

Thanks.
I'll need to clarify, I meant that the old thread is dead and this monstrosity referred to Kha. He's dead, Jim. Don't go digging him up again. The best I was going to get was to complete etching his gravestone...

Quote:
Can't, that is not a Nanoha joke and doesn't belong there.
...at the very least DON'T DIG THE DAMN ZOMBIE UP. I've BURIED KHA for a bloody reason so PUT DOWN THAT SHOVEL AND STEP AWAY FROM THE GRAVEYARD.

*hears moans and groans*

Now look what you've done!!

*shoots the slobbering zombie agex in the head*

Now with that settled, we can go back to posting cool stuff in this new and fully-operational thread.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content