AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the ultimate shinobi?
The 1st 24 5.99%
The 2nd 3 0.75%
Sarutobi 117 29.18%
The 4th 119 29.68%
Jiraiya 27 6.73%
Orochimaru 10 2.49%
Tsunde 4 1.00%
Itachi 73 18.20%
Other...[Please State Who] 24 5.99%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-05-24, 11:34   Link #161
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha

I didn't point any fingers.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 11:38   Link #162
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak

I didn't point any fingers.
I think we all know who's crazy antics you were referring to, though.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 11:43   Link #163
sarcasteak
WAHA~

You aren't on my ignore list...that says something. ^_^

We're wandering off-topic, so I'll stop here with the chit-chat.
Old 2004-05-24, 11:48   Link #164
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
You aren't on my ignore list...that says something. ^_^

We're wandering off-topic, so I'll stop here with the chit-chat.

Indeed...um, Go Third Hokage!
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 11:56   Link #165
Hairydolphin

Send a message via AIM to Hairydolphin
Kakashi has a fully developed sharingan in the eye, so most likely whoever he got it from had mange sharingan and thats why Kakashi knows about the genjutsu of Itachi's.
Hairydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 12:21   Link #166
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairydolphin
Kakashi has a fully developed sharingan in the eye, so most likely whoever he got it from had mange sharingan and thats why Kakashi knows about the genjutsu of Itachi's.
Well the Uchihas are native to Konoha so there's no reason he wouldn't know about it (although I'm confused as to why Kurenai and Asuma didn't know about it). If he already had Mange Sharingan he wouldn't have gotten owned so bad by Itachi.
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 12:35   Link #167
Kagegitsune
Jyuken no Senshi

Send a message via AIM to Kagegitsune
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillage
is that really that hard to belive? that Itachi, your lover, might be afraid of someone?

And about the Akastuki being mad, when i think of people who must be running that group of crazy killers, i dont think its a bunch of forgiving nice guys who want to understand others. Its probably people like Kisame, Itachi and Zabuza. People with tempers, who dont like failures. So i can safely assume they are pissed.

Its a bad thing Itachi using it so often, cause look what happens? you never know when youll need it, he didnt know if Jiraiya was going to figure out what they did to that girl or not.

Well, maybe he didnt have to kill Sasuke, he coulda just knocked him out.

How would Itachi know Naruto would be alone later on? For all he knew, after the encounter, Jiraiya takes NAruto back the Konoha and has 3 ANBU teams, 2 elite Jounins, and himself watching Naruto 24/7.

And i dont think it was dumb for Itachi and Kisame to run b/c Gai showed up, Gai said he called for back up. so it would be what? 20 vs. 2? thats not dumb, and it wasnt even there mission to fight that worthless battle, it was Naruto.

and when the battle to get Naruto came up, it was 2 vs. 1. Sasuke and Naruto would be useless in the fight, we all know that.
There are actual good reasons why he wouldnt chase after them, what was Jiraiyas GOAL? its was Naruto. So why go after them?
Holy CRAP people, is there really a need to get this heated?! Look, all the characters in the poll are very powerful characters! VERY powerful. Aside from the still living Orochimaru, we haven't seen the full extent of any of the other contenders' powers. Sarutobi in his prime was probably an unbeatable beast. Jiraiya has yet to buckle down and get pissef off to the point where he tears people new a$$holes, so don't count him out of the race yet. Itachi is pretty beefcake if he can bring Kakashi to his knees in seconds, but we have yet to see the full extent of his power as well. Orochimaru still has a few tricks up his sleeve I bet, but I think we've seen most of what he can do. Ichidaime and Nidaime have barely been touched upon as characters, but they didn't make Hokage by drawing their names out of a hat. As far as the fourth, he sealed away the Kyuubi! That's right, the same Kyuubi that everyone wants to get their hands on or wants a piece of. The Kyuubi's power is unimaginable, as Naruto has displayed in the past, but Yondaime still introduced him to the business end of his boot. He wasn't having any of that, and look at where the Kyuubi is now. His $hit is wrecked and sealed inside the stomach of a 12 year old boy.
Kagegitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 12:38   Link #168
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
No problem. I am truly annoyed by how poorly the scanslation was through chapters 140~150; hopefully a competent scanslator (Inane or BakaFish perhaps) will go back and do those to stop misleading and confusing mistranslations.
As far as i know Inane did the translation till 153.
Old 2004-05-24, 20:48   Link #169
Skyro

sarcasteak:

-If you look at some of the replies it looks like people are aruging it is not a genjutsu, that's why I said some of those things.

-I'm not sure why you think Tayuya's genjutsu was not at least somewhat controlled by her will. I believe she could've made a different world with the same effect had she chosen too, it is just an illusion after all. But there's really no proof either way though so what can I say. I think Itachi's main advantage here was that he was able to control time. Your examples of other genjutsus make sense I forgot about a lot of those, it was just that Tayuya's genjutsu and Itachi's were just too similar, being that their specific goal was the same - mental trauma, confusion, immobilzation, etc., even though Itachi did have more control over it.

-I think Kakashi was just a fool in that he did not have a back-up plan had his sharingan failed to repel the mange sharingan. He just assumed he would be able to. When he was caught there was nothing he could really do at that point, considering he was already outmatched to begin with.

-I believe the mange sharingan/Tsukiyomi was just a very potent genjutsu that can be repelled given an equally potent defender, perhaps with will alone. Kakashi was just out of his league so I think it inflated how powerful it really was (much in the say way a lot of jutsus are portrayed - looking completely unstoppable at first appearance but then later looking just like a normal jutsu). I'm pointing this out because some people think Itachi > Jiraiya (not saying you are sarcasteak, in particular) citing this move alone as the dominant winner, but given the praise Itachi gave for Jiraiya I think he himself believes Jiraiya can get out of it or avoid it indefinitely at the very least because if he could fall prey to it then Itachi would be > Jiraiya completely (or, anyone else for that matter).
Skyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 23:25   Link #170
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyro
-If you look at some of the replies it looks like people are aruging it is not a genjutsu, that's why I said some of those things.
Ah...they are foolish, then.

Quote:
-I'm not sure why you think Tayuya's genjutsu was not at least somewhat controlled by her will. I believe she could've made a different world with the same effect had she chosen too, it is just an illusion after all.
No. That genjutsu specifically binds the target with those hanging strings and melts the target's flesh away. She specifically picked THAT one out of her tens of genjutsu because she thought it was most suitable for that "shithead" (because Shadow Copy binds the opponent, too, I guess). Each genjutsu does a specific task; high level genjutsu instills illusion into reality--Tayuya's genjutsu is no different to the Absolute Darkness, just that hers binds and tortures the victim.

Quote:
Your examples of other genjutsus make sense I forgot about a lot of those, it was just that Tayuya's genjutsu and Itachi's were just too similar, being that their specific goal was the same - mental trauma, confusion, immobilzation, etc., even though Itachi did have more control over it.
Sigh, I don't think you will sway from your own opinion. How about this: if Tayuya actually had control over it, she would've killed him straight-up in the genjutsu or at least torture him slowly to death--there would be NO NEED for her to get up and close to finish him off...she simply is not that good at close-combat.

Quote:
-I believe the mange sharingan/Tsukiyomi was just a very potent genjutsu that can be repelled given an equally potent defender, perhaps with will alone.
Perhaps; we have yet to see it happen, so not much we can say with certainty. I simply think Jiraiya is too experienced to stand around looking at Itachi seeing how he has been been in the village along side the Uchiha Clan for quite a while. Jiraiya is quite an expert using jutsus and has massive chakra to play, so I can envision his avoiding making eye-contact with Itachi completely.
Old 2004-08-20, 09:55   Link #171
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
4th hokage would be the ultimate shinobi IMO.
I mean...he defeated the kyuubi, how badass isn't that

and since he is the most mysterious character IMO, he is probably the best ninja ever because he's dead and legendary as hell.
Also Anko says: if only the fourth was here....

in every anime or normal serie or movie the good guy who died earlier whicih everyne is talking about is usually the strongest.

And why would he be the hokage if Sarutobi was stronger than him.
Not because he's gotten older because in the fight vs Oro, the anbu members said that he would beat Oro (or something like that) if it were ten years ago. That must mean that he had he's ultimate strength back then, and that was only 3 years after the fourth died so i would say that the 4th took over for sarutobi even though sarutobi was strongest in his prime
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 10:07   Link #172
lotus_lee

Mine would be:

1. 3rd Hokage - he was considered the strongest Hokage of all time. I think people regard him as weaker than others because of his old age. I dunno what he was like back in his prime but if he's said to be the strongest Hokage ever, then I would have to believe that.

2. 4th Hokage - taught by the 3rd and had some great jutsu. I dunno whether people overestimate him too much, simply because he sealed away a demon but at least he developed it himself. We need to see more of him and how he was at times other than sealing away a demon. It's questionable as to whether he would be more powerful in his prime than the 3rd had he lived longer. But then I guess, we wouldn't have Naruto would we!

3. Jiraiya - Yea, I know Itachi is a Sharingan expert but he's young so he may not be as experienced. I think he would have a difficult time fighting against Jiraiya on his own.

Anyways, those are my opinions so no flaming please, no matter how flawed my opinion is. Thank you.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 10:31   Link #173
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
actually yondaime was trained by Jiraiya, not sandaime
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 11:00   Link #174
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Spoiler for Possible manga Spoilers ? Just in case...:
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 12:07   Link #175
kaizoku_65
Kaizoku + Shinobi

The best i would say was sarutobi. The reason, i have read everybody said the same, he was the professor. he knwo every jutsu there was thus was th best. All the previous Hokages were awsome plus they all died for their village but sarutobi was the best.
Jiraiya even though we haven't seen any serious hard-core fighting from him hints at him being strong. Even the feared Itachi will try to avoid fighting him if and when possible.
Oro is strong but he isn't scary like Itachi so he would be in 4th behind Itachi.
Thus my list:
1. 3rd
2. Jiraiya
3. Itachi

p.s. I haven't put the other Hokages coz i never really saw them fighting or heard that much bout them.
kaizoku_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 12:19   Link #176
Shousha

Send a message via ICQ to Shousha Send a message via AIM to Shousha Send a message via MSN to Shousha Send a message via Yahoo to Shousha
Sarutobi.... by far.

Even at his advanced old age he was able to cause this much damage to Oro.... even being his disciple and knowing his fighting style. Damn, he must be the best at his prime I'd say.
Shousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 12:36   Link #177
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
the 4th because he's been praised to much.
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 13:04   Link #178
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Why exactly is all this being argued lol.

Sarutobi was called the professor. He was not the strongest ninja, he was simply a very strong ninja who was the most knowledgable in all areas of jutsus and techiniques.

The strongest Ninja ever was explicitly stated to be YONDAIME. The 4th Hokage.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 13:35   Link #179
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Why exactly is all this being argued lol.

Sarutobi was called the professor. He was not the strongest ninja, he was simply a very strong ninja who was the most knowledgable in all areas of jutsus and techiniques.

The strongest Ninja ever was explicitly stated to be YONDAIME. The 4th Hokage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
As a testement to Sarutobi's immense skill, he was able to very very nearly defeat one of the lengedary three despite his very old age AND the fact that forbidden techniques were being used against him. I mean for god sakes Oro summoned the first and the second to fight Sartutobi.

Even in his old age, if Oro had not used that SUPER CHEAP technique, and fought Sarutobi himself, he would have defnitely lost. I have no doubt about that.
I think Sarutobi was for this fact, and the fact that he was called the god of the shinobi by Oro i believe.

Where was it said The 4th was the strongest? He was probably a great person, like Naruto, a great leader, which is why Oro wasnt picked.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 17:10   Link #180
Mezu
The Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
I think Sarutobi was for this fact, and the fact that he was called the god of the shinobi by Oro i believe.

Where was it said The 4th was the strongest? He was probably a great person, like Naruto, a great leader, which is why Oro wasnt picked.
Sarutobi said more or less that Oro was too evil to become hokage
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote