AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: SAO Alternative - Gun Gale Online - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 6 26.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 43.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 13.04%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-06-30, 22:39   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

SAO Alternative - Gun Gale Online - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll [FINALE]

Welcome to the discussion thread for SAO Alternative - Gun Gale Online, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 22:56   Link #2
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Fitting ending. I was surprised by the victor as I'd forgotten TS was still around. LLENN was seriously crazy there, gnawing through Pito's neck for the final kill. And of course, we get confirmation of Pito's identity. I didn't notice but it should indeed have been obvious the moment M(asochist) showed up, since no one else would have known her location and appearance besides Elsa.

And it's rather ironic that a loli and a tall, attractive woman in the game are actually a tall, attractive woman and a loli in real life.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 23:16   Link #3
moridin84
Custom User Title

Pretty good fight, I guess they can be pretty brutal since the game censors everything.

I got tricked by the double bait and switch. First time I've seen that.

Wow, M is actually even more messed up then I initially thought. Pita isn't much better.

On the other hand, yuri!
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 23:33   Link #4
human6861

The combat is better than SAO!!!

Remind me of the monty python killer rabbit of Caerbannog . "that's the most foul , cruel , and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!" XD

Last edited by human6861; 2018-06-30 at 23:44.
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 23:40   Link #5
mickbis

Pretty brutal kill on LLENN part... who would have thought bite would be super effective against a sith lord.
T-S got the 1st spot for bring uninvolved until the very end seem fitting end but they really gain a lot of hate from spectators so a lot of player will most likely warmly welcome them in pvp zone later on with a bullet.

LLENN and Pito relation is also nice, at the end Pito manage to snap out of her quest for suicidal game and get the true message behind the entire plot
"IT A FREAKING GAME, WE PLAY GAME FOR FUN NOT FOR XX REASON"

SAOA:GGO is probably one of the very few online game anime done right
a lot of different players not just NPC in disguise existing for legal super OP MC , a lot of tactic bring employ against each other and lastly It FUN to watch
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 03:04   Link #6
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 12 Comments/Feedback & Series Score:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 03:09   Link #7
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
What the hell is this random ending for the 2nd Squad Jam tournament!? You know what, this spin-off title sucks because a random team won instead of Team LF!

Just kidding, it's an enjoyable series just to get hyped for the 3rd season of the main series. Also, I have to say that Elsa Kanzaki kissing Karen Kohiruimaki was the most surprising one to see on this final episode!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 03:46   Link #8
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

P-Chan is the best character.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 05:00   Link #9
Tenzen12

Aesop of this anime? Campers always win

Nice ending, but poor Fuuka, she have to miss on such good catch of man...
Old 2018-07-01, 06:27   Link #10
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

P-chan's heroic sacrifice was so inspiring. RIP, P-chan *salute*
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 08:19   Link #11
Tormenk

Everything's wrapped up nicely with this episode and I really enjoyed all twelve episodes of this. Anyone in the know reckon there will be chances for an OVA or such?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 15:24   Link #12
lfhoule

What you get when you fuse both the Black Knight and Killer Rabbit from _Monty Python and the Holy Grail_ is some sort of pink little devil... and I was LMAO'ng when LLENN started nomming away. Overall, loved the series, and hopefully we'll get more of the SAO Alternative storylines.
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 16:44   Link #13
Magewolf

I think this proves that Pito was right when she said that LLENN was the scary one. I had to laugh at them banding back together in the end to ruin other people's day.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 19:25   Link #14
SeaDoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoule View Post
What you get when you fuse both the Black Knight and Killer Rabbit from _Monty Python and the Holy Grail_ is some sort of pink little devil... and I was LMAO'ng when LLENN started nomming away. Overall, loved the series, and hopefully we'll get more of the SAO Alternative storylines.
I'm so glad someone else got that reference. I was beginning to feel a bit old.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 02:19   Link #15
zeross87

I think I toke it too seriously to enjoy it. First part of the season was good for me until M showed up irl and thing became serious. Then it was serious but in the over the top way and I really didn’t like it.

I think I would’ve preferred it either completely light hearted or really serious but this mix of silly seriousness really didn’t click with me.

Can someone pm me if the next arc will be more like sj1 or more like sj2 without spoiling me too much please. I pre commanded the English novel but if I’ll like only the beginning I’m considering canceling it.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 07:44   Link #16
Ghostfriendly

We got some reasonable action, more move-by-move than visceral, but it's hard to applaud an ending where a continuing abusive relationship takes centre stage. When sadomasocism, very thankfully restricted legally in the UK, defines a relationship rather than being a part of it, when there is not verbal consent before every act, where there is no control, and no consideration for the other (which Pitohui never shows), it looks and feels much more like abuse. I'm not complaining about Pito's acts in the game; what really ruins the conclusion is the show's failure to judge her real selfishness and cruelty. We heard Pito was suicidal; if we had only seen her break down weeping and tell LLEEN she had only wanted a real friend, then both she and the series would have been saved. Instead we got a yuri joke.

Still, giving a suicidal person a hug is actually a decent wheeze, and LLEEN does seem to be giving Pito some good advice in the end; only what she should be doing is dragging her into therapy. I thought at first that Pito had abandoned her idea of suicide with surprising readiness, but then I remembered that she probably has peaks and troughs; she will almost certainly get suicidal again, and I see no sight that LLEEN or M will be able to deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
I think I toke it too seriously to enjoy it. First part of the season was good for me until M showed up irl and thing became serious. Then it was serious but in the over the top way and I really didn’t like it.
Serious part could've really been done better, yeah. The writer seems to tried to evoke serious themes like abuse and suicide without too serious consequence, and the result could easily predicted.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 09:11   Link #17
Tenzen12

Everything that happens to M Does with his consent, except first night, but that was appropriate punishment for creepy stalker like him.
Old 2018-07-02, 09:33   Link #18
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
she will almost certainly get suicidal again, and I see no sight that LLEEN or M will be able to deal with it.
I think something to keep in mind is that Pito is not actually suicidal: what she's after is the *thrill* of near death and of taking life, manifesting in how contradictory the entire thing turned out to be. For all intents though, she's still a lawful person (she only does crazy stuff in GGO), and once she got what she wanted with her fight with LLENN she definitely got... uhm fixed somewhat.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 10:26   Link #19
kari-no-sugata II

For this anime season this is one of the series where I've been anticipating the next episode the most. Even though I knew what's coming (having read the novel translations). Like the novels, this is a series which is good fun and also has some dark elements mixed in that adds some extra spice. It might not be to everyone's liking but it certainly worked for me.

More please! (though this time I have no idea what's coming).

To me, this series is quite positive about games. While it has some "hardcore" (ie otaku-like) gamers, most of the characters are not obsessed about games and instead use them for recreation or as an outlet for stress in their daily lives or character building or the like. For example, Karen who becomes more positive about herself and makes some friends. The high school girls who become more of a team, though have possibly gone a bit off their original aim. Then there's the sort-of antagonist Pito who was using games to relieve stress but instead got way in too deep and instead the games were causing her stress and she was abusing them - after having some sense slapped into her in-game she recovered. So the message isn't 100% positive, but that's realistic.

I'm going to miss Fuka's rapid-fire amusing comments...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 10:38   Link #20
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Moral of the story : outcrazy the crazy
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote