AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Extra Episode (Kyou Chapter) Rating
Perfect 10 67 33.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 16.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 44 22.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 33 16.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 6.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.51%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.51%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.51%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-02, 19:54   Link #61
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Just watched Tomoyo OVA and I have to say that was a bit sad. But I thought in the end they wouldn't end up together so it could still tie in that Tomoya is single and eventually gets with Nagisa.
I don't understand this? Tomoyo x Tomoya did eventually end up together in the game, as well as the special feature OVA. The Tomoyo route is also followed by a game sequel.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-07-02, 21:08   Link #62
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Great chapter. Now all that's left is Kotomi if they're up to making a chapter for her.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
Old 2009-07-02, 23:18   Link #63
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It is too rushed. I would rather want to settle for a siscon or Kyou x Kotomi episode anyway.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-07-03, 00:51   Link #64
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
They should have had Nagisa appear and be with Ryou.
Old 2009-07-03, 01:43   Link #65
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Talking about that flirtatious Ryou, where is Kappei?

They should have splitted this OVA into 2 parts and make this part 2. But even with that, it is not enough to put everything in. We missed out plenty of stuff that would make this less soppy and more hilarious.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-07-03, 03:39   Link #66
sammyboy08

Aww... they left out Tomoya's comments about doing naughty things with Kyou at the end

It was a good episode, but it felt a bit too rushed. I agree with having this route split into 2 OVAs.
Old 2009-07-03, 06:08   Link #67
darry

So we never got to see Nagisa & Tomoya kisses... but Kyou/Ryou did it in one Episode uh how should i say it

Im disappointed
Old 2009-07-03, 10:35   Link #68
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I remeber 'watching' this arc on youtube with some unpolished translation. So I got some idea what to expect. Like everyone said, it's rushed, no doubt about that. But hey, I needed a box of tissue, so it's definately Clannad.
Old 2009-07-03, 11:00   Link #69
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
It was definitely too rushed, and couldn't capture the full feelings it had had in the game, but I just can't help give it a 10, because it is the only episode where Tomoyo ends up with Kyou >.<

That said, I am in despair due to thoughts of having watched the final episode of Clannad. Seriously, Clannad is one series I wish KyoAni kept milking on and on, cause Clannad is just so fat that it would still be healthy even if there were two more seasons of it.
Only if they were spinoffs with the other girls. Kyou and Tomoyo for example. Nagisa sux, no more of her plox. Of course, there won't be third season, but if there were, the chances that I'd watch more of Nagisa are close to zero.

I gave the ep 10 because I can't say it felt rushed since I didn't play the game. Though I do think the episode should have been a bit longer than this :P
Old 2009-07-03, 14:53   Link #70
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

KyoAni earns major FAIL points for making an OVA have two kiss scenes, after having never given the main ship - the Nagisa/Tomoya part that dominated the entirety of the second season - even ONE moment of intimacy. Goddammit, to hell with them and their beautiful animation.

...Hey wait, I'm seeing a recurring trend here. In S1, the only "real" fanservice we got was Kyou in the storeroom, albeit censored. After S2, the only kisses we got were in Kyou's OVA.

...Biased animators. :<

And on an unrelated tangent, girls on Clannad-verse are slow on the uptake. Sunohara's got way more sense than Okazaki and would be a riot to be with. I'd tap that.
Old 2009-07-03, 14:54   Link #71
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Only if they were spinoffs with the other girls. Kyou and Tomoyo for example. Nagisa sux, no more of her plox. Of course, there won't be third season, but if there were, the chances that I'd watch more of Nagisa are close to zero.

I gave the ep 10 because I can't say it felt rushed since I didn't play the game. Though I do think the episode should have been a bit longer than this :P
*Ahem* You aren't the only person in this forum. I would appreciate it if you could keep character bashing out of this considering Nagisa is my favorite female heroine and I'm pretty sure there are others that feel the same.

As for giving this a 10, in my opinion, it's far from it. I haven't played the game either but it still felt rushed, it didn't have the same impact as the regular season episodes and Kyou seemed to be out of character in how she acted. We barely got to see the complete package of a Tsundere, we only got half

Still, I don't believe that it's necessary to play the game for it to feel rushed, not matter how you look at it, everything went by too quickly. Aside from all the flaws, it was still a decent episode but it wasn't on par with the overall series, at least in my opinion.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-03, 15:11   Link #72
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Kyou happens to be my favorite character in the Clannad series, and I have played her route a few times in the game.

Truthfully, the kyou arc deserved its on multipart OVA, as THE scenes were cropped to fit the available time frame and werent as good because of it. Also, the atmosphere of the Kyou arc wasnt captured. The Kyou x Tomoya almost kissing scene was one of THE scenes mentioned, and had a ton of buildup, the episode had to rush it though. There were also alot other scenes that were chunked as a result, and at the end were Kyou disguises as Ryou had potential to heavily dramatic but wasnt near the kind of thing it was for Tomoyo in her story(and Kyou had a dramatic ending like hers too, it just wasnt in the snow or classroom). Though, I will give them credit for doing the Rain scene properly.

In the end though, it is alot better than the nothing we could have gotten. One thing never answered in the game or anime, and something I always wanted to know, was their history .And just how Tomoya came to address her informally.

All in all though, it was a decent episode for what it was, I can only hope Kyou gets some third party spinoffs because of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
As for giving this a 10, in my opinion, it's far from it. I haven't played the game either but it still felt rushed, it didn't have the same impact as the regular season episodes and Kyou seemed to be out of character in how she acted. We barely got to see the complete package of a Tsundere, we only got half

Still, I don't believe that it's necessary to play the game for it to feel rushed, not matter how you look at it, everything went by too quickly. Aside from all the flaws, it was still a decent episode but it wasn't on par with the overall series, at least in my opinion.

This is also correct. I dont believe that anyone should have to play a game to understand the anime(which is why I didnt like the ending to the overalseries) but I guess I should clarify a few things since some are confused.

In the game, after hearing that Kyou and Tomoya kissed, Ryou began acting more and more outgoing like her sister. She WAS out of character, but it was the point. She also started to become clingy. Kyou didnt seem out of character for the most part. Sadly, the scenes where she attempts to murder Tomoya were omitted, so I guess she didnt seem as Tsundere as she normally is.

But yes, again it was hella rushed. I wouldnt give it a ten at all. I will only say that if they had done it justice, you might think it was awesome.

Last edited by alu546; 2009-07-03 at 15:36.
Old 2009-07-03, 16:19   Link #73
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Sadly, the scenes where she attempts to murder Tomoya were omitted
Wait seriously? Maybe those "nice boat" feelings were closer than I thought. Aww...
Old 2009-07-03, 16:56   Link #74
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

what? she tried to kill Tomoya? when the hell was this?

I loved it, I didnt get close to cryin like i did with TomoxTomo episode but it was good.

oh, and when Tomoya was talkin towards the end
Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-03, 17:14   Link #75
alu546
y prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
what? she tried to kill Tomoya? when the hell was this?

I loved it, I didnt get close to cryin like i did with TomoxTomo episode but it was good.

oh, and when Tomoya was talkin towards the end
Spoiler:
Lets just say she has crazier book throwing skillls than anyone could have thought. If not for Tomoya's spider sense regarding her, he would be dead.

I think the size, distance, and crater left behind by one of Kyou's throws (a chinese dictionary i believe) scared the pants off Tomoya.

(but by attempted to murder, she didnt go crazy yandere or anything, she was just Kyou)
Old 2009-07-03, 19:56   Link #76
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

oh, figures you guys overexagerated her Book Shiriken she just didnt want him to get too into her sister because she wanted him her self its pretty obvious.
Old 2009-07-03, 20:12   Link #77
therationalpi

Ultimately, in my opinion, this episode failed to properly translate the arc. The tension is mostly lost. Without the time needed to show the failing relationship of Ryou and Tomoya, and the emotional investment Ryou has in it, the story falls flat.

If you really want to enjoy this arc, go buy the VN. I own a copy of it, and there's a pretty good translation patch floating around that covers this arc completely.
Old 2009-07-03, 20:37   Link #78
alu546
y prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
Ultimately, in my opinion, this episode failed to properly translate the arc. The tension is mostly lost. Without the time needed to show the failing relationship of Ryou and Tomoya, and the emotional investment Ryou has in it, the story falls flat.

If you really want to enjoy this arc, go buy the VN. I own a copy of it, and there's a pretty good translation patch floating around that covers this arc completely.

Id like to add that someone might consider using a walkthrough to get through the Kyou arc. Its like, omg hard otherwise.
Old 2009-07-03, 21:03   Link #79
Somnus
Eh?

So I'll start off by jumping on the "it felt rushed" boat...but everyone pretty much felt that in one way or another.
Though now that that's out of the way I have to say I still really liked it, especially cause I'm a fan of Kyou (she was my favorite until about 2 hours ago, keep reading to find out why). I do feel bad about Ryou though, even if I agree with Youhei when he said that they don't make a very good match. While on the topic I need to say this, Sunohara = Best. Wingman. Ever. Watching the guy never gets old.

Now to be a little more off-topic. Watching this got me curious and made me watch the Tomoyo OVA after. It was effing brilliant. Hence why she went from "side character" in my eyes to No. 1. Here's hoping the rumors I read here are true and they do a movie/OVA/season about her After Story, since I'd really like to see that.
Old 2009-07-04, 01:12   Link #80
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Now to be a little more off-topic. Watching this got me curious and made me watch the Tomoyo OVA after. It was effing brilliant. Hence why she went from "side character" in my eyes to No. 1. Here's hoping the rumors I read here are true and they do a movie/OVA/season about her After Story, since I'd really like to see that.
Tomoyo is really unlike all the other girls isn't she? She is always front and center and has no trouble stating her feelings if it was deemed worth her effort.

To her, there is no confusion, only clarity. There are no zig-zags, only a path forward. Girls like that are just hard to find

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Closed Thread