AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 18.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 7.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.59%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 7.94%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-01, 10:40   Link #181
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
That wasn't a comment to get on your nerves.

It wasn't over yet and the rest of the platoon was playing brain-dead in that particular match. Did we see anyone except Layfon soloing whole platoons? I don't see why people assume that a character can either be god-like or weak and not something out of tons of levels of power in between. It should be common knowledge.
She wasn't beating the captain regardless.

And if you're captain of a platoon, it should be common knowledge you'd take on the grunts as if it were nothing(as long as said Grunts are not main characters). This is Anime rule # 305 here.
Old 2009-07-01, 11:33   Link #182
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

It seems that you have forgotten the fight in second episode, they were tag-teaming her with 3 people including the captain while Layfon was loitering around, thinking "it's okay if I lose, right?" and Felli not answering that thought on purpose. Only Sharnid lent her a hand while she was surrounded, outnumbered. She had spent most of her energy defeating others (1vs3 is multiple times harder than 1vs1 + 1vs1 + 1vs1) by the time they remained one to one with the captain, who was at one time, her captain.

In any case, she continued her quest to get stronger and was beating up everyone except Vance (who's told to be the army commander and leader of the first squad precisely because he's 'that' good) she encountered, including wolf-mask fellows who apparently are confident enough to invade Grendan.

As much as power categories for Regios go, she's among the strongest of her class, that being academy city martial artists. I suppose you don't expect her to beat HB users or solo dragons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradelus View Post
I take that comment back. Your right, it wasn't over. But if it wasn't for Layfon..
Just food for thought: If it wasn't for Layfon, they'd find someone not losing on purpose and they could fight on more of an equal ground from the start. Of course that wouldn't make the show's story.
Old 2009-07-01, 20:06   Link #183
justinstrife

The only way Nina has a prayer on beating HB users or dragons, is with the help of Goat-chan. She's not even in the same planet as them power/strength wise.

A captain vs obvious grunts, is hardly using your energy. If she was spending her energy in order to defeat them, she's not that strong. Again, anime rule 305.

A black, red, brown belt would have no problem taking out 3 white/yellow/green belts solo. At least at a serious dojo.

Lets face it ultra. You love Nina, and will do anything to pump her up. I hate her, and will do anything to rip her apart. We can never see eye to eye about her character. Ever.
Old 2009-07-01, 21:37   Link #184
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

The thing is that, because you're doing everything to rip her apart, I'm merely dissecting those efforts and showing how baseless they are. Do you see me pumping her up out of nowhere in these last couple pages? No. Someone comes along, does a hate speech and I shoot it down, then you join in with your part of hate speech. It's only because there's not even an argument behind it, I feel obliged to point out to the futility of them. A character's power means nothing to determine the value of it but still, there are way too much senseless claims going on to ignore.

This I say because it's so obvious:
Quote:
As much as power categories for Regios go, she's among the strongest of her class, that being academy city martial artists. I suppose you don't expect her to beat HB users or solo dragons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
The only way Nina has a prayer on beating HB users or dragons, is with the help of Goat-chan. She's not even in the same planet as them power/strength wise.
You understood COMPLETELY the opposite of what I was saying. Maybe you read it too fast as it seems to be a hasty reaction.

I regard common sense as a higher authority than anime rules, but let's entertain your viewpoint for once: Exactly in anime which has chakra/reiatsu/kei/whatever magic-like thingy, people lose them temporarily as they spend it. It's not infinite and it doesn't recover without rest. And behold: Regios kei is exactly like that! See: Layfon, Nina, Felli recovering in hospital after getting exhausted by heavy use of kei. And this kei thingy is used whether or not your opponent is powerful, (for defense as well, you can't take it in the guts) even if there isn't an opponent to begin with. (falling to hospital bed just acting as a cell-phone, talk about weak! ) Layfon uses it all the time against any and all, including those same grunts. That Layfon who one-shot Savaris! True story.

The thing is that, her former captain isn't a newbie, he was leading a team back then when Nina was a grunt. You seem to have distributed the belts to your convenience. Considering that it was 3 to 1 and Nina wasn't at the height of her power back at ep 2, it was just the way it should have been. She got stronger during the next 15 eps and I think the order of things should be clear for the people who watched them all.

Another derail it seems, I thought it'd be over as the season ended. Oh well..
Old 2009-07-01, 21:57   Link #185
justinstrife

Quote:
This part has been bugging me. You know this how exactly?

And since you have brought up kei as such a big factor in Regios, would you then say she doesn't have a lot of it?

Last edited by justinstrife; 2009-07-01 at 22:16.
Old 2009-07-01, 22:46   Link #186
Slick_rick

Quote:
This part has been bugging me. You know this how exactly?

And since you have brought up kei as such a big factor in Regios, would you then say she doesn't have a lot of it?
Well this is something we can assume from how people talk about her and how she fights. Sharnid says he never seen anyone block that attack when she was fighting with Layfon. She's is put in charge of a few platoons that fights the FM when they attack. She's fights against multiple opponents during the matches usually. When the masked men attack her with Dixerio he was surprised when she was able to easily dispatch a few. It's pretty safe to assume that's she well above average for the normal student there.

We don't have much basis to guess on how her Kei. Certainly she isn't going to be on the level on the HB users. The only basis we have is when fighting against the other captain in the match he was surprised she still had that amount of Kei to attack him with. Also when Layfon and his friends saw her training they were admiring her Kei.

I mean I know she's not as strong or has much kei as Naruki, the traffic cop, but seriously get a grip.
Old 2009-07-01, 23:08   Link #187
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Well this is something we can assume from how people talk about her and how she fights. Sharnid says he never seen anyone block that attack when she was fighting with Layfon. She's is put in charge of a few platoons that fights the FM when they attack. She's fights against multiple opponents during the matches usually. When the masked men attack her with Dixerio he was surprised when she was able to easily dispatch a few. It's pretty safe to assume that's she well above average for the normal student there.

We don't have much basis to guess on how her Kei. Certainly she isn't going to be on the level on the HB users. The only basis we have is when fighting against the other captain in the match he was surprised she still had that amount of Kei to attack him with. Also when Layfon and his friends saw her training they were admiring her Kei.

I mean I know she's not as strong or has much kei as Naruki, the traffic cop, but seriously get a grip.
WTF? Where the hell did that come from? -facepalms- When did I mention Naruki in all of this?

Sure she's my favorite character in the story, but she's so far below 95% of the characters in the story it's not even funny.
Old 2009-07-01, 23:20   Link #188
Slick_rick

Quote:
WTF? Where the hell did that come from? -facepalms- When did I mention Naruki in all of this?

Sure she's my favorite character in the story, but she's so far below 95% of the characters in the story it's not even funny.
It's a joke. You seem to want to use this perceived weakness of Nina to demean her character I was just throwing it back at you. I'd like Nina even if she was weak but I certainly don't think she is. Not on HB level but no one claimed that she was.
Old 2009-07-02, 04:05   Link #189
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

I couldn't put it any better than Rick's last two messages, excellent explanation and just what I'm thinking about Nina's power and the irrelevancy of character powers when evaluating characters themselves.

Still Justin, it's good to know that we have something in common: I like Naruki a lot as well. I would say she's my second favorite character in the show.
Old 2009-07-02, 10:28   Link #190
satomianzaki

regarding nina's strength, although some may still call her weak, i think she's really in the right path of getting stronger...even dixerio acknowledges her improvement in the use of kei on episode 19...

she may not be as strong as the others now but she has lots of potential of getting stronger in the future...and if haikizoku will continually lend it's power, now that will really heighten nina's strength...given that she will be able to control and use it properly...

really miss watching new episodes of csr...hope there will be some news of another season...

Old 2009-07-07, 23:39   Link #191
slaker

what version of Yasashii Uso was it in the beginning of the episode
Old 2009-07-09, 02:36   Link #192
klare

i believe it was sang by 2 lady voices

Spoiler for eps 24:
Old 2009-07-14, 19:03   Link #193
~A~
Good Game.

Theres gonna be a second season?? i hope so they havent won a intercity battle thing yet and HOLY MOTHER **** on the skateboard part XDDDD freaking fused the 2 swords o.O to make a flying board
Old 2009-07-16, 11:54   Link #194
ShadowVlican

what a horribly rushed last eps... i certainly hope there's more to it than this (no i don't read the novels and don't plan to)
Old 2009-07-19, 16:00   Link #195
strategos

Still haven't seen the series. But I would like to know. Any chance this series jump to another season?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2009-07-19, 17:41   Link #196
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

There's a chance and there's also potential, since they left it pretty much open-ended.
Old 2009-07-28, 01:20   Link #197
tempest3991

Wellllll that was a waste of about 480 minutes of my life.

Lets have an anime where we explain absolutely nothing.

We'll have a guy named layfon who every girl is apparently in love with (how original)

We'll have a girl as the captain who wants strength but never gets it (wow, more original)

We'll have a girl completely in love with the lead who can't even speak when she's near him (really reaching for originality)

We'll start off with fights......then in the last 6 episodes we'll ditch fighting and turn everything into balls of light......that way we save money

We'll have bad guys finished in one blow (so close to being original)

Then lets have these things called heavens blades and they will play absolutely no role in the anime.....but the whole anime will be about them. Just to make sure they get some screen time, we'll throw them in the last 5 minutes of the whole show and they are fighting and all happy go lucky in their flashes of light.

Don't forget, there's another dimension? Its invading us? A guy named Dix is here to save...kill...save..kill us?

Beware of golden goats.........because i have absolutely no idea what they will do for you. Sometimes it wants to protect the city by fighting ur friends? Or it'll possess ur captain and she'll want to...attack you? Or it'll possess another random guy and he'll go all super saijan brolly on you?

And hey.......everyone else in the show can fly........why can't layfon? oh wait, he can........and he does throughout the whole show.........cept in the last episode he decides he needs to use his sword as a surf board.....that will make more sense.

Geeze.....It started off with so much promise....kinda reminded me of fafner...but became a total waste of time.....

I think this series forgot what it was trying to accomplish, then tried to fit it all in withing the last episode....but forgot to explain to us.

ok, my rants done
Old 2009-10-18, 20:49   Link #198
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Wow this thread hasent bin active in a while and yeah, since there isint any anime related thread for Chrome Shelled Regios, I just decided too post in this one.

Its highly possible for a second season too come, I just read this and just had too post it.

"At the season finale, many of the plots within the story remain unresolved, suggesting a possible continuation of the series. Tamayaki suggested that another season is set for 2010."

You can also see here, even though its not much it still shows that there is something going on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zexcs
Old 2009-10-19, 15:20   Link #199
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

That's good to hear, let's hope that there'll be enough material to go through without any fillers by then.
Old 2009-10-19, 16:53   Link #200
azarhal

Considering how they ended "season 1", they can only go with filler now.

They should have stick to the story and end the season with the "war" with Mayath(sp?).
Closed Thread